Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Bargain Alerts

Options
1141516171820»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,355 ✭✭✭cruhoortwunk

dodzy wrote: »
    Every poxy 5 star review I look at lately ends with the same ole shíte:" I've received this product at a discounted rate for a fair and unbiased review.....bla bla bla". Sick of seeing it :mad:
    Why do people always give it 5*, just because they got it cheap? Why cant they just be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 985 ✭✭✭Birdsong

Quick question, i had my eye on a dress on amazon, it was 70 reduced to 35, in the Warehouse sale. put it in my basket, waiting until i got paid. today it is back up to 70. Does any one know if these sales will come round again, would like to buy but not at 70 !!1

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Birdsong wrote: »
    Quick question, i had my eye on a dress on amazon, it was 70 reduced to 35, in the Warehouse sale. put it in my basket, waiting until i got paid. today it is back up to 70. Does any one know if these sales will come round again, would like to buy but not at 70 !!1

Warehouse deals are limited items where stock has been either returned or packaging damaged and the items are sold cheaper than normal, there is no way of knowing if the same dress will be back as an Amazon Warehouse Deals but for items like dresses it is less likely.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Birdsong wrote: »

Sign up to camelcamelcamel and you can set up an auto email when the dress drops below a price you like

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

Why do people always give it 5*, just because they got it cheap? Why cant they just be honest.

Usually, every item you get depends on you giving positive reviews previously. Sure you can give a bad review but you won't be paid to review again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Because, despite what your Mammy told you, in the "real world" of business and politics, honesty is definitely not perceived to be the best policy.
    Best to go to an independent site with no vested interest in the product if you want an honest review and even then, knock off a star for the inevitable shills.

• Registered Users Posts: 794 ✭✭✭FobleAsNuck

I just click "Not useful" for these

• Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

Great phone. Make sure you buy direct from amay
    Checking out some Android phones at the moment and this looks decent! Is battery life really that good? Is the thing massive to fit such a large capacity battery? When you say "amay" do you mean Amazon? The only Amay I can find online is an Australian phone company who only seem to offer packages, not phones! Is there anything you feel the phone is missing?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

g0g wrote: »
    Checking out some Android phones at the moment and this looks decent! Is battery life really that good? Is the thing massive to fit such a large capacity battery? When you say "amay" do you mean Amazon? The only Amay I can find online is an Australian phone company who only seem to offer packages, not phones! Is there anything you feel the phone is missing?
    Yes I meant Amazon.
    Phone is 3 days. A little heavy but not too much.
    Upgrades to Android 6.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,784 ✭✭✭g0g

Yes I meant Amazon.
    Phone is 3 days. A little heavy but not too much.
    Upgrades to Android 6.
    Next reply seems to say not normal Android 6 though?
    Patww79 wrote: »
    Thanks for that.

Looking at reviews on Amazon they do seem a little bit mixed, but I guess you might get that with any product. Would this thing compare to the likes of the Nexus 5X (£ 170 at the moment via CPW UK) or the Moto G 4th generation or the Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 or would it blow the out of the water?
    (sorry to hijack thread briefly!:o)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

Had an item on price watch on camelcamelcamel. It finally dropped (materially) below my target price so rush in to buy it and it says “sorry we cant deliver this item to Ireland”. Given that I was pretty certain that it was shipping to Ireland prior to the price drop I thought it may have been because it was being sold by a 3rd party. But no, “sold and dispatched by Amazon”.
    So I thought, surely they have changed their policy regarding shipping monitors to Ireland… but no. Other brands (same size, very similar weight) can be sent but this particular one, since the price drop, cannot… (fishy)
    I’m giving out to a customer service rep on a chat but all he’s saying is “the inventory team makes that decision”. Based on what? “ we cannot say”.
    So amazon inventory team can randomly decide they ship a Beyonce CD to Ireland but not a Rihanna CD? A Samsung but not a Sony TV? Smooth peanut butter yes, crunchy no!?!?
    I always thought it was down to the product category or size/weight restrictions rather the specific brand. It kind of makes relying on Amazon for price comparison/discovery pointless because you have no idea if a product will be sent or not. Quite frustrating

• Registered Users Posts: 11,931 ✭✭✭✭GBX

You could use parcel wizard/motel?

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭yoshimitsu

GBX wrote: »
    You could use parcel wizard/motel?

the economics dont stack up to ship a 24-inch monitor over. the £25 price reduction would all go towards the oversized item penalty

has anybody else encountered these inconsistencies where only a particular brand/model has delivery restrictions?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

yoshimitsu wrote: »
    Had an item on price watch on camelcamelcamel. It finally dropped (materially) below my target price so rush in to buy it and it says “sorry we cant deliver this item to Ireland”. Given that I was pretty certain that it was shipping to Ireland prior to the price drop I thought it may have been because it was being sold by a 3rd party. But no, “sold and dispatched by Amazon”.
    So I thought, surely they have changed their policy regarding shipping monitors to Ireland… but no. Other brands (same size, very similar weight) can be sent but this particular one, since the price drop, cannot… (fishy)
    I’m giving out to a customer service rep on a chat but all he’s saying is “the inventory team makes that decision”. Based on what? “ we cannot say”.
    So amazon inventory team can randomly decide they ship a Beyonce CD to Ireland but not a Rihanna CD? A Samsung but not a Sony TV? Smooth peanut butter yes, crunchy no!?!?
    I always thought it was down to the product category or size/weight restrictions rather the specific brand. It kind of makes relying on Amazon for price comparison/discovery pointless because you have no idea if a product will be sent or not. Quite frustrating

This happened to me a few years ago when I was buying a TV and the explanation given at the time was that it depended on who had the distribution rights for a brand in Ireland. Again, Sony was involved and it was their agents in Ireland who objected to Sony TVs being imported. I assume much the same could apply to artistes and there is a paragraph in Amazon's ts&cs which specifically mentions blank media. The peanut butter is a mystery though.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

the economics dont stack up to ship a 24-inch monitor over. the £25 price reduction would all go towards the oversized item penalty

has anybody else encountered these inconsistencies where only a particular brand/model has delivery restrictions?

Other goods like Microwaves have the same restriction based on the branding and other media like Micro SD cards are restricted based on the speed of the same brand of card with the faster more expensive not being allowed ship to Ireland presumably because Irish sellers would have a much higher mark-up

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

You would think (and this is not a fact and I've no links to share to prove it before anyone asks), that this goes against the whole single market concept.....

• Registered Users Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

You would think (and this is not a fact and I've no links to share to prove it before anyone asks), that this goes against the whole single market concept.....

Free market nonsense that doesn't apply to cars either.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Collecting it from any PM/Nightline depot - €7.00

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,280 ✭✭✭CH3OH

Some day, I'll look in on this thread and see a bargain posted

P.s. Apologies for off topic

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

CH3OH wrote: »
    Some day, I'll look in on this thread and see a bargain posted

P.s. Apologies for off topic

I think its better to close the thread as its continually going off topic.

Any amazon questions can go in each thread as they occur or use Online buying forum.

Any issues or feedback just report this post.
    Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement