Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,967 ✭✭✭Synode

Can't get Prime working even with smart DNS. Netflix and Kodi is what I'll be using so. The Fire TV box is class

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Synode wrote: »
    Can't get Prime working even with smart DNS. Netflix and Kodi is what I'll be using so. The Fire TV box is class

Was working fine for me with unotelly, only watched about 5 movies on it, its like a bad 1990s vhs video store.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

This thread is not for Kodi support. Other forums dedicated to tech etc.

Thread title is Amazon Bargain alerts for a reason.

Back on topic please

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Amazon are price matching an Argos UK Offer

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W7M4Z78/ref=twister_B00TU5TMLY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Blue and white 3tb drives on offer

• Registered Users Posts: 28,403 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

3tb Seagate on ARGOS uk for stg 75, parcel motel?

http://www.argos.co.uk/m/static/Product/partNumber/1434716.htm

Apologies I know is is amazon BA but just thought there was a cheaper 3tb on ARGOS for someone looking for one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,380 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

that's not the smaller portable version though but it is plug and play

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

will56 wrote: »
    Amazon are price matching an Argos UK Offer

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00W7M4Z78/ref=twister_B00TU5TMLY?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Blue and white 3tb drives on offer

Hang on. Can you use argos.co.uk with Parcel Motel? That's a game-changer for me if so.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Hang on. Can you use argos.co.uk with Parcel Motel? That's a game-changer for me if so.

I never thought about it until recently either but I can buy stuff from the UK CeX site using Parcel Motel too. Don't know why it never dawned on me earlier :pac:

1 item I was looking at is €160 in the Irish store but only €100 from the UK store.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43,852 ✭✭✭✭Basq

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    1 item I was looking at is €160 in the Irish store but only €100 from the UK store.
    Could be screwed if it's a faulty item though presumably..

Basq wrote: »

I received this auto reply from their email system earlier:

"If you are looking at returning a UK, Republic of Ireland or Australia ONLINE order, please visit your nearest store & our staff will be happy to assist with a refund. Unfortunately, our stores are currently unable to provide replacements for online orders."

Either way, I'd take my chances.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,062 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    I received this auto reply from their email system earlier:

"If you are looking at returning a UK, Republic of Ireland or Australia ONLINE order, please visit your nearest store & our staff will be happy to assist with a refund. Unfortunately, our stores are currently unable to provide replacements for online orders."

Either way, I'd take my chances.

I'd check to see of an Irish store can refund a British order.

I'd check to see of an Irish store can refund a British order.

Yeah I'll ask next time I'm in there. I emailed them asking could I use the Euro value voucher on the UK site so waiting on them to reply to that first.

Anyways, sorry for going off topic.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Quick question, a bit out of place perhaps. When purchasing on Amazon.co.uk I always pay in Sterling as I get the better exchange rate, however, the Credit Card used has a 2% non-euro transaction fee charge, I do not get charged this with Amazon purchases, the card company say the transaction is carried out in euro. Is Amazon converting before passing the charging info to the cc company?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Quintis wrote: »
    Is Amazon converting before passing the charging info to the cc company?

Yes. If you elect to deliver to a UK address rather than an Irish address- they won't trigger the conversion.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Yes. If you elect to deliver to a UK address rather than an Irish address- they won't trigger the conversion.

Thanks, so that essentially means the rate they charge to purchase in Euro at checkout is worse than the rate they pass to the CC company when you pay in GBP at checkout even though they are doing essentially the same action, just converting at a different time?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Thanks, so that essentially means the rate they charge to purchase in Euro at checkout is worse than the rate they pass to the CC company when you pay in GBP at checkout even though they are doing essentially the same action, just converting at a different time?

You got it in one.

Basq wrote: »

Received this reply regarding the warranty:

"Yes, we do offer international warranty, you can take it to any of our CeX stores."

Good stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Being on the lookout for decent Bluetooth speakers since I got the £10 voucher but there's so many to choose from. I have a budget up to £30
    But obviously cheaper the better ðŸ‘

Looking at this one now instead KitSound BoomBar Universal Portable Rechargeable Stereo Bluetooth Sound System Compatible with Smartphones/Tablets and MP3 Devices - Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 9,964 ✭✭✭dodzy

Every poxy 5 star review I look at lately ends with the same ole shíte:" I've received this product at a discounted rate for a fair and unbiased review.....bla bla bla". Sick of seeing it :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ezra_pound

Being on the lookout for decent Bluetooth speakers since I got the £10 voucher but there's so many to choose from. I have a budget up to £30
    But obviously cheaper the better ðŸ‘

Looking at this one now instead KitSound BoomBar Universal Portable Rechargeable Stereo Bluetooth Sound System Compatible with Smartphones/Tablets and MP3 Devices - Blue

Only 5 watts though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,175 ✭✭✭intheclouds

dodzy wrote: »
    Every poxy 5 star review I look at lately ends with the same ole shíte:" I've received this product at a discounted rate for a fair and unbiased review.....bla bla bla". Sick of seeing it :mad:

Yeah what's going on with this? I keep seeing it too.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 91,053 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

Yeah what's going on with this? I keep seeing it too.
    IMHO The fact that they haven't culled those who provide ratings more than one star above average shows that it's only about undermining the trust rating for profit.

Buyincoins have an excellent system. EVERYTHING has 5 stars. And the fake reviews have really bad English. And it's cheap so you know what you are getting. It's fake but you know it's fake .

Anyway Bluetooth speakers ?
    you can probably upgrade an old HiFi or external speakers for
    €2.55 http://www.buyincoins.com/item/21480.html#.V5SF1DWTvDc

you often see stereos and gettoblasters in charity shops, once they have line-in our aux-in you are good to go. OK you need a usb port for power but everyone has a power bank don't they ?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭scamalert

https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blu-Life-Mark-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01CG0U6TG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469352132&sr=8-1&keywords=blu+life

mobile phone dual sim unlocked finger print scanner 15mpix camera and 5pix front facing ,hd ips display ? quad core 1.3ghz cpu 2gb ram,16gb memory with sd slot,4g network support,silver or gold colors.89 pounds,works out about 110e delivered.

Now in the market myself for decent phone,since samsung or other top brands are 500e at least more,but seems theres decent flow of new chinesse brands willing to compete.

seen few mentions of battery being drained fast-days usage,and cpu/ram arent best,but for what its worth and given amazon ships it ,seems low risk deal if looking for backup phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

I got the
    scamalert wrote: »
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Blu-Life-Mark-SIM-Free-Smartphone/dp/B01CG0U6TG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1469352132&sr=8-1&keywords=blu+life

mobile phone dual sim unlocked finger print scanner 15mpix camera and 5pix front facing ,hd ips display ? quad core 1.3ghz cpu 2gb ram,16gb memory with sd slot,4g network support,silver or gold colors.89 pounds,works out about 110e delivered.

Now in the market myself for decent phone,since samsung or other top brands are 500e at least more,but seems theres decent flow of new chinesse brands willing to compete.

seen few mentions of battery being drained fast-days usage,and cpu/ram arent best,but for what its worth and given amazon ships it ,seems low risk deal if looking for backup phone.

I got the ulefone power for £129 with 3 days battery life fingerprint scanner works every time.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭ifeelstupid

I got the

I got the ulefone power for £129 with 3 days battery life fingerprint scanner works every time.
    Thinking about one of these - would you recommend it?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Thinking about one of these - would you recommend it?
    Great phone. Make sure you buy direct from amay

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭newacc2015

Quick question, a bit out of place perhaps. When purchasing on Amazon.co.uk I always pay in Sterling as I get the better exchange rate, however, the Credit Card used has a 2% non-euro transaction fee charge, I do not get charged this with Amazon purchases, the card company say the transaction is carried out in euro. Is Amazon converting before passing the charging info to the cc company?

You can click on the payment section of the site to carry out the transaction in GBP.Amazon by defaults like to convert it into Euro to make a fee. You can tick to carry it out in Euro

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement