Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

I signed up to the Amazon trial and see the same on a Samsung E series 2012 Smart TV.
    Laptop works without issue

• Registered Users Posts: 3,117 ✭✭✭techdiver

dubrov wrote: »
    I signed up to the Amazon trial and see the same on a Samsung E series 2012 Smart TV.

Very odd.

I will be cancelling so.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,819 ✭✭✭stimpson

techdiver wrote: »
    Does anyone here use Amazon Prime Instant Video with a smart TV.

I can login fine on my pc and watch video, but when I try to sign in on both my LG and Samsung Amazon Apps I get an "Unknown Error".

Has anyone encountered this?

It's region locked. You need a smartDNS to get it to work. Like this one I posted about yesterday...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100335020&postcount=18

stimpson wrote: »
    It's region locked. You need a smartDNS to get it to work. Like this one I posted about yesterday...

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=100335020&postcount=18

I have one already. I can stream via my PC. I use the DNS for Netflix switching too. My service supports Amazon prime and has a region setting specifically for it. Have amazon started blocking vpn/dns like netflix?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

I have one already. I can stream via my PC. I use the DNS for Netflix switching too. My service supports Amazon prime and has a region setting specifically for it. Have amazon started blocking vpn/dns like netflix?

Are you supplying the modified DNS from your router or is it set per device?
    You should check your settings.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 condord

Damn. Looks like I missed out.

No. I was using Amazon on my TV last night. You probably just need to set your dns.

degsie wrote: »
    Are you supplying the modified DNS from your router or is it set per device?
    You should check your settings.

It's router specific, so my PC is using the same dns resolve as my TV's, which makes it more odd that it doesn't work on one but it does on the other.

I had some static routes set up for Netflix, but I've disabled them just in case.

I'll just have to keep testing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭correction

Might have nothing to do with it but I remember when I signed up for Premier League Pass (a New Zealand exclusive video service) I had to not only change my DNS but also the country of my TV. I went through the set up process again and selected New Zealand instead of Ireland. Might be worth looking into.

correction wrote: »
    Might have nothing to do with it but I remember when I signed up for Premier League Pass (a New Zealand exclusive video service) I had to not only change my DNS but also the country of my TV. I went through the set up process again and selected New Zealand instead of Ireland. Might be worth looking into.

Cheers,

Yeah, my TV is UK. The app is only available on the appropriate regions on the TV.

• Advertisement

Cheers,

Yeah, my TV is UK. The app is only available on the appropriate regions on the TV.

What make/model is the TV?

I have 2 TV's both with the same issue.

Samsung 65HU8500
    LG 32LB580V

• Registered Users Posts: 4,720 ✭✭✭ablelocks

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

ablelocks wrote: »

lovely 'phones but I think the pink look better. Bought them for the missus a few months back and use them myself now!

dubrov wrote: »
    No. I was using Amazon on my TV last night. You probably just need to set your dns.

It just started working for me last night. Could log in fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Doge wrote: »
    Never use Amazon's currency converter, you get charged a good bit more than paying in Sterling.

Just in case anyone is interested.

I bought a laptop from Amazon priced at £259. It converted on their site to €317.38. I bought it in sterling and let my bank do the conversion.

From looking at my CC details online I have been charged €316.78 inc. currency conversion fee so not a lot in it really.

A difference of 60 cents on a charge of £259. Having said that it's better in my pocket than in Amazon's.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,791 ✭✭✭sweetie

maximus02 wrote: »

I bought a laptop from Amazon priced at £259. It converted on their site to €317.38. I bought it in sterling and let my bank do the conversion.

From looking at my CC details online I have been charged €316.78 inc. currency conversion fee so not a lot in it really.

A difference of 60 cents on a charge of £259. Having said that it's better in my pocket than in Amazon's.

you should look up Revolut!

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Well I would imagine that is because Sterling has actually improved against the Euro over the last few of days

• Registered Users Posts: 455 ✭✭maximus02

Seve OB wrote: »
    Well I would imagine that is because Sterling has actually improved against the Euro over the last few of days

I assume the improvement would affect both Amazon and my bank equally so the difference would be virtually the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

I assume the improvement would affect both Amazon and my bank equally so the difference would be virtually the same.

Way off thread topic here, but in your own time you should compare visa fx rate with actual fx rate on the day you bought it. Am surprised only a 60cent difference between cc and amazon, but perhaps Amazon may not react as quick to exchange rates as a credit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Received my Fire TV Stick today. Very snazzy packaging :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

This is a great price for a PS4 ,wireless headset.

I have been using mine without any issues since soon after the launch of the PS4,

Turtle Beach Ear Force PX4 Wireless Headset (PS4)

£50,
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00EI4V3X2/ref=s9_simh_gw_g63_i1_r?ie=UTF8&fpl=fresh&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_s=desktop-1&pf_rd_r=W44ZJ0Y7T4WHC78ASTQ8&pf_rd_t=36701&pf_rd_p=26de8ef0-2ad7-412c-8634-6cd03b7b73e2&pf_rd_i=desktop

• Registered Users Posts: 2,670 ✭✭✭jay0109

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Received my Fire TV Stick today. Very snazzy packaging :)

Got mine yesterday- nice piece of kit but they're charging to view nearly everything...even Peppa Pig costs £2.49 for a series!!!
    Can someone link me to a Fire thread on other parts of Boards.ie where Fire TV content is discussed....cannot seem to find any active thread

• Registered Users Posts: 3,560 ✭✭✭dubrov

For anyone having problems with Amazon Instant video on a Samsung smart TV, uninstall the app an reinstall it.
    Worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

jay0109 wrote: »
    Got mine yesterday- nice piece of kit but they're charging to view nearly everything...even Peppa Pig costs £2.49 for a series!!!
    Can someone link me to a Fire thread on other parts of Boards.ie where Fire TV content is discussed....cannot seem to find any active thread

aftvnews.com might be a good starting point. There are plenty of Amazon apps that provide free video services legit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭evolutionqy7

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

Would have loved to buy one at that price, but not on price and couldn't justify signing up as it would cost just as much as without discount.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,595 ✭✭✭Del007

jay0109 wrote: »

You could put kodi on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Unless i'm mistaken the bank conversion wouldn't have been done until a couple of days after the order was made as Amazon don't take payment until items are dispatched, within those few days sterling gained against the euro, making the two prices nearly identical

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,295 ✭✭✭NATLOR

Would have loved to buy one at that price, but not on price and couldn't justify signing up as it would cost just as much as without discount.

Prime is always available as a free months trial,even if you have already had it you can sign up multiple times with a different e mail address

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement