Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Bargain Alerts

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,421 ✭✭✭Damien360

Ordered something off Amazon earlier and just got a phone call from someone claiming to be from Amazon to confirm what I'd ordered and delivery address etc. Been using Amazon for years and never experienced this. Something similar ever happen to anyone else? number was a Dublin one. (01-247****)

Amazon customer care is actually in Dublin. Never had a call from them but a uk friend dealt with them and was surprised it was Dublin based at the time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭curiousoranje

Doge wrote: »
    Can't say that I've ever heard of that before.

You should post a thread in the Online Buying & Auctions forum also as you'd get more responses on there:

It's a bit of a strange one alright.

What exactly did they say about the order?

Was a Dublin number but the guy sounded like a typical Indian call centre lad. Wanted to confirm how much I paid, what the product was that I bought, and the delivery address. Was waiting for him to ask for credit card details ( so I'd know it was 100% dodgy) but he never did. Just found it a bit weird like. Maybe it's a new security feature or something.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Was a Dublin number but the guy sounded like a typical Indian call centre lad. Wanted to confirm how much I paid, what the product was that I bought, and the delivery address. Was waiting for him to ask for credit card details ( so I'd know it was 100% dodgy) but he never did. Just found it a bit weird like. Maybe it's a new security feature or something.

Get onto your account and change your password. You can also get onto web chat and confirm if it's genuine.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,994 ✭✭✭Doge

I'd contact amazon support if I was you to see if it was a routine thing to do.

That sounds very strange indeed.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 9,942 ✭✭✭mik_da_man

Doge wrote: »
    I'd contact amazon support if I was you to see if it was a routine thing to do.

That sounds very strange indeed.

Yeah, just contact them through chat to verify

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 593 ✭✭✭DERICKOO

I am being honest.
    i can contact them at any time about problems with delivery returns if i felt i was overcharged this happened and was rectified promptly.

I am in no way affiliated to amazon but in all the transactions i have had and i can say €50 to €100 a month there has never been a problem. The guys there are more than helpful ,there are screw ups but you get refunded and either free express delivery next time or a gift card deepening on transaction. Can anyone tell me where we can get this elsewhere.

Bye the way they do also have offices in Cork that as far as i know have also a call center

• Registered Users Posts: 3,425 ✭✭✭jamesd

DERICKOO wrote: »
    I am being honest.
    i can contact them at any time about problems with delivery returns if i felt i was overcharged this happened and was rectified promptly.

I am in no way affiliated to amazon but in all the transactions i have had and i can say €50 to €100 a month there has never been a problem. The guys there are more than helpful ,there are screw ups but you get refunded and either free express delivery next time or a gift card deepening on transaction. Can anyone tell me where we can get this elsewhere.

Bye the way they do also have offices in Cork that as far as i know have also a call center

What are you on about ?

• Registered Users Posts: 714 ✭✭✭jma

There's an X16 for £99
    I've ordered one this week for my mam. Seems very similar as the X15 but it's .5" smaller (which she'd prefer) and the megapixels on the camera are 13 Vs 16 but I don't care about that.

http://www.kimovil.com/en/compare/cubot-x15,cubot-x16,cubot-x17

Haven't received it yet but the reviews I checked before buying seemed fine to me.
    branners69 wrote: »
    Just missed that X15 deal, is it still worth it for £113? Better than the Vodafone Ultra?

It looks like the X17 S is their flagship phone right now. It has 16MP and 8MP camera and pretty much same specs as the X16, but it has 3GB RAM, and it is $144 USD on Gearbest if shipped from their EU warehouse. That's roughly £100 GBP. I almost bought it, but I want Marshmallow...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

i7YLqkI.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭soap1978

There is going be some good bargins

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Don't forget to factor in the forthcoming 23% import VAT & €7 handling charge for Amazon UK and all UK orders over €26 ... being outside the EU. Might be a little logjam in the making ... that and NI customs declarations at the Border, bye bye Parcel Motel too ... back to the future!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,951 ✭✭✭_Whimsical_

Sterling has plummeted but confidence in the euro has taken a wallop too so we aren't necessarily going to see an amazing difference in currency beyond what has happened already. Its going to take 2 years for all this to have effects though in terms of customs etc though so no need to panic yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,521 ✭✭✭✭mansize

Everything's a bargain!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭firestarter51

styron wrote: »
    Don't forget to factor in the forthcoming 23% import VAT & €7 handling charge for Amazon UK and all UK orders over €26 ... being outside the EU. Might be a little logjam in the making ... that and NI customs declarations at the Border, bye bye Parcel Motel too ... back to the future!

Won't Ireland and the U.K. Come to an agreement considering how much product is sent each way between the two countries
    This isn't happening for a couple of years either
    Negotiations will take ages

• Registered Users Posts: 5,185 ✭✭✭tinodz

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Don't worry lads, Amazon will open up a warehouse here:)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,346 ✭✭✭Macy0161

Whats the time lag for the exchange rate to be reflected on Amazon and/or for consumers with the bank?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,599 ✭✭✭Fiskar

Monotype wrote: »
    Pay with your credit card in sterling and you'll get current bank rates.

Are you sure? I seem to get better rates when shopping Ebay than Amazon I must say. I want to get a few items today, should I wait till Saturday or Sunday. Don't want Amazon jacking up the prices.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

If I was to pre-order a game that isn't out till the end of the year, it's probably best to pay in euro (once Amazon have caught up) rather than sterling as the sterling will probably rise by the time they actually charge me?

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

xe.com website crashing this morning with all the traffic ! , sterling was about 1.30 to Euro COB yesterday , down to 1.23 now , interesting to see what it will be at end of today , but definitely making those items in my basket more attractive !

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,363 ✭✭✭✭Akrasia

styron wrote: »

Amazon.DE

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

anyone know how long before amazon purchases tend to be processed?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,803 ✭✭✭Benzino

Another way to get the exchange rate at the time of purchase is to just buy an amazon voucher and use that to purchase the product.

• Registered Users Posts: 907 ✭✭✭styron

Akrasia wrote: »
    Amazon.DE

Absolutely, .FR, .ES & .IT too ... no supersaver delivery, with high & rising transport costs through a "trade hostile" UK. Not a bright future for retail here either, we've been able to piggyback off UK supply chains ... eye opening prospects.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Benzino wrote: »
    Another way to get the exchange rate at the time of purchase is to just buy an amazon voucher and use that to purchase the product.

So obvious but it never once occurred to me. Cheers Benzino, great suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭JimsAlterEgo

Benzino wrote: »

does not compute, you still have to buy the voucher today(apologies if I am misisng somethign obvious) !!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

does not compute, you still have to buy the voucher today(apologies if I am misisng somethign obvious) !!

Buy the voucher when the exchange rate is really preferable for €s and spend it when you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 266 ✭✭blackplum123

Dualit 700watt hand blender. 30 GBP on Amazon.co.uk.
    Search for Amazon as seller. Not in stock but will will ship when it is .

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,283 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Dualit 700watt hand blender. 30 GBP on Amazon.co.uk.
    Search for Amazon as seller. Not in stock but will will ship when it is .

Recommendation based on your adding Dualit 700 Watt hand blender to your basket - Large box of Perie Gourmet Cat Food........... Errrrr- is Amazon trying to say something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 737 ✭✭✭Chimichangas

Amazon lightning deals....be careful!
    Check camelcamelcamel for previous prices.

ANYONE got any other advice?

Probably unnecessary for most bargain hunters, but for inexperienced newbies of which I am one, they are often not bargains...see below!

I bought this camera last week on lightning deals at about £37, :) now retailing at £44
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00VLYY04G/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

...and here is what seems to be/actually is an identical camera on a current lightning deal at £51...normally retailing at £61 it says... :eek:

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00UUS52YG/ref=gbps_tit_s-3_8647_b51fd862?smid=A2RG4Z25LX4MGL&pf_rd_p=981978647&pf_rd_s=slot-3&pf_rd_t=701&pf_rd_i=gb_main&pf_rd_m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE&pf_rd_r=DCDBPNER2EQ66XDPFT6C

The thing is you might not be able to find the 2 cameras to compare them if you didnt know of them. Perhaps you could, but i suppose a lightning deal means you might have to act quickly..
    So last week did I get a bargain? After brexit, that camera is not far off the same euro price now..!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement