Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XVIII 2016

Options
1181920212224»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,970 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

They'd be much better off setting up some sort of club comp of 12 teams around South America. Sides from Argentina, Brazil, Uruguay and 2 or 3 other countries. Have a few foreign pros, and use it as a feeder system to Los Juaguares. A few years of that and they might be ready for another Super Rugby side in South America.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,121 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

nah, brazil arent within an asses roar of a super rugby team place

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Buer wrote: »
    Get involved in rugby, yes. Get involved in what is probably the premier club competition in the world? No.

Them being absolutely destroyed every week would do them no good. They've no business playing at that level. They need to walk before the run.

For context, the last time their national side played a European nation, they were beaten by Germany 31-7. The game was played in Brazil.

A Super Rugby team from NZ would put 100 on them.

They need to develop the game internally to a point where they have a legitimate claim on being able to field a team that wouldn't be a genuine safety risk to themselves at professional level.

I agree with you, maybe a two level Eastern/Western conference where the Islanders have teams in east and Americas have teams in the west starting at second level with promotion and relegation involved

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

I don't think SA will go for a East/West split. There was complaints this year that not enough games against NZ meant a lack of competition, plus it reduced attendances and viewing figures.

I agree the game needs to spread to other regions, but not sure how they can accomplish this while keeping leagues competitive.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Kiwi_knock wrote: »
    I don't think SA will go for a East/West split. There was complaints this year that not enough games against NZ meant a lack of competition, plus it reduced attendances and viewing figures.

I agree the game needs to spread to other regions, but not sure how they can accomplish this while keeping leagues competitive.

Maybe have a Perth based team counted in the West

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

every one should play each other once.

if you played brumbies at home, next year you play them away.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,055 ✭✭✭Adbrowne

Sydney morning herald reporting aus and SA could lose a Super Rugby side each to go to a 16 team 4 conference model. Cant link to it as on phone but the article also details the financial issues at the aussie franchises.

Advertisement