Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XVIII 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

sydthebeat wrote: »
    im sure it was as a result of the expansion to allow the extra 3 teams in.

NZ probably were happy to forego any more than 1 play off home advantage for the benefit of getting 3 wildcard positions into the OZ/NZ league.

I think the semi final has provided the 4 best teams anyway, so 'fairness' seems to have won out.

Fair comment. Totally agree re 4 best teams. I'm really looking forward to both semi-finals on Saturday.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,972 ✭✭✭Tim Robbins

Yeah. On Sky. Or you could go on Super Rugby's facebook page, where there are 2 or 3 minute highlight videos of each game

When is it on Sky?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RichieRich89

When is it on Sky?

Sure, just scroll through the listings for Sat and Sun evening on Sky Sports 1-5 and you should find it.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Come on chiefs!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,150 ✭✭✭✭LuckyGent88

Belter of a try. The pace of Barrett and his offload is unbelievable.

• Advertisement

Stunning try, barrett at his best

Ah pity about that missed pass at the end, could have been a ridiculous try after Mckenzies behind the back pass

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

What channel is this on?

Hurricanes survive a Chiefs battering on their line and then nearly score up the other end on a quick break

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

What channel is this on?

Sky Sports 1.

Nearly a brilliant try for the Canes.

• Advertisement

God that was so telegraphed. Massive change in game in last 5 mins

That was a gift of a pass by Cane

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,160 ✭✭✭Felix Jones is God

Chiefs are the architects of their own downfall here

Butchered try for Chiefs just to get them back into game

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Highlanders trying to shnake Corey Jane off the field to escape a sinbinning doesn't work out for them

Highlanders trying to shnake Corey Jane off the field to escape a sinbinning doesn't work out for them

Nah. We've orbourne and naholo .... Don't need that cory jane fella ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

I think that for the sake of Damien McKenzie he could do with spending a year in the northern hemisphere to complete his skillset. I think Leinster could offer to help him out by allowing him to play with us, for the sake of New Zealand rugby of course

Another try butchered

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

I think that for the sake of Damien McKenzie he could do with spending a year in the northern hemisphere to complete his skillset. I think Leinster could offer to help him out by allowing him to play with us, for the sake of New Zealand rugby of course

He looks just the part for the Ian Madigan role. He's got the pass into touch down but he's not throwing enough intercepts.

What time are the Lions and Highlanders playing?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭FACECUTTR

He looks just the part for the Ian Madigan role. He's got the pass into touch down but he's not throwing enough intercepts.

What time are the Lions and Highlanders playing?

2pm

• Advertisement

Game over.

Lions excellent

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

The Lions are the best SA Super Rugby side since the Bulls at the peak. The Bulls were like watching paint dry though.

If the final was in JHB next week, I'd only see one winner.

But the cake-tin with BB on fire, I'd favour the Canes. Just.

Fairplay to Jantjes, he was flakiness personified a while back, but a very good 10 these days. Faf de Klerk is the best SA 9 since the incomparable Joost.

The only area where the Highlanders have been better is the lineout.

Two best teams in the final, I suppose the organisers can point to that as being a success of the competition system.

Highly looking forward to final now, canes favourites as I think they have the forwards to match the lions strength....but both have half backs that can do anything!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Battle of Fly halves next week should be something to behold.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭SuprSi

I only watched a recording of the game last night and was really impressed by the Lions. I'm not sure why I haven't seen them play this season (possibly due to the later game times) but I didn't think they'd do so well against the Highlanders. Very impressive performance all round and the final is going to be something else!!

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭golfer555

Cake tin sold out very quick for the game today.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 23,931 Mod ✭✭✭✭TICKLE_ME_ELMO

golfer555 wrote: »
    Cake tin sold out very quick for the game today.

I saw something on twitter saying that some higher up at the Hurricanes had been phoning up scalpers asking them to remove the tickets they're trying to sell or the club will cancel them. Not sure where they're selling them, online I assume.

Edit: Here it is... https://twitter.com/pineyzb/status/760555005610827776

• Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Never knew there was a southern hemisphere forum from Irish fans, just watching the semis not Barrett and McKensie are class. NZ really have such options. A little sad to see that the stadiums in a semi dont sell out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 291 ✭✭Bigbok

Charizard wrote: »
    Never knew there was a southern hemisphere forum from Irish fans, just watching the semis not Barrett and McKensie are class. NZ really have such options. A little sad to see that the stadiums in a semi dont sell out

If it's anything like game sin SA most people would braai at home and watch the match that way.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 601 ✭✭✭Charizard

Bigbok wrote: »
    If it's anything like game sin SA most people would braai at home and watch the match that way.

I could understand maybe a everyday game, but semis having massive gaps in the stands is terrible

Advertisement