Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Super XVIII 2016

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

swiwi_ wrote: »
    Yeah they chose McKenzie in the end. He has made a few mistakes recently, but there's no denying his talent.

TJP is a headless chicken at times, lots of promise, he's good at sniping near the line or taking final passes to score, but the rest of his game is average. Not a great boxkicker.

A lot of people are wondering what more Brad Weber needs to do.

NZ is a bit like Ireland - one very good starting 9, and then a bit of a gap back to the chasers.

The gap from Aaron Smith to the rest of the world is huge though. Murray wouldn't get a look in for NZ.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,978 ✭✭✭✭irishbucsfan

Blues have signed some SB Williams chap

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

Hasn't SBW just signed with wasps for next year? Maybe that's just for the first few months of the season.

• Subscribers Posts: 41,294 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Hasn't SBW just signed with wasps for next year? Maybe that's just for the first few months of the season.

well its for next seasons SXVIII which wouldnt begin until Feb 17

but was he ever linked to wasps?

• Registered Users Posts: 841 ✭✭✭Journeyman_1

sydthebeat wrote: »
    well its for next seasons SXVIII which wouldnt begin until Feb 17

but was he ever linked to wasps?

I definitely saw something but I'm now thinking it was a joke....

• Advertisement

I definitely saw something but I'm now thinking it was a joke....

Nah, I had a look earlier and there was mention of being offered "big money move" to a NH team and most commentators suggested that was wasps without it every being confirmed if I have it right.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

moala in for ngatai who is stood down with concussion.

always rated moala higher.

moala in for ngatai who is stood down with concussion.

always rated moala higher.

not for me.....

ngatai has more to his game, while moala may be a bit physically stronger.
    It was always between crotty and ngatai for me at 12, now i think crottys a nailed on starter.

Not a bad back up at all though....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,182 ✭✭✭nehe milner skudder

sydthebeat wrote: »
    not for me.....

ngatai has more to his game, while moala may be a bit physically stronger.
    It was always between crotty and ngatai for me at 12, now i think crottys a nailed on starter.

Not a bad back up at all though....

Id agree about Charlie having more to his game .
    Moala is a bit of a one trick pony but it's a hell of a trick .

Temanivalu is a ****ing animal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭vetinari

Been a while since I've seen a team more screwed by a ref than the Jaguares.
    Classic inconsistent red cards.
    I'd bet a thousand euro that same ref will go out in the next game and only give yellow cards for the two red card offences. The second especially was quite harsh.

The yellow card 10 minutes from time (which won the game for the Kings, they were somehow still 12 points down against 13 men) was dubious as well. It looked to me like the Jaguares had driven the maul back but the ref decided it was collapsed. He then followed that up with giving a penalty try on the first collapsed scrum from that penalty. Again a decision that he won't make in his next game.

If I was a Jaguares fan, I'd be raging.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,624 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

vetinari wrote: »
    Been a while since I've seen a team more screwed by a ref than the Jaguares.
    Classic inconsistent red cards.
    I'd bet a thousand euro that same ref will go out in the next game and only give yellow cards for the two red card offences. The second especially was quite harsh.

The yellow card 10 minutes from time (which won the game for the Kings, they were somehow still 12 points down against 13 men) was dubious as well. It looked to me like the Jaguares had driven the maul back but the ref decided it was collapsed. He then followed that up with giving a penalty try on the first collapsed scrum from that penalty. Again a decision that he won't make in his next game.

If I was a Jaguares fan, I'd be raging.

the smaller rugby nations constantly get appalling decisions from referees , its like officials want to keep the bigger nations happy , to help navigate there own career path upwards , some of the smaller nation decisions have been truly shocking down the years , and then we wonder why we don't have true global game like soccer.

with 2 rounds remaining there are some huge games this weekend.

the tie of the round has the hurricanes visiting sydney.
    both the waratahs and the brumbies are on 39 points... with it looking like only one of these will make the play offs.
    The brumbies are away to the blues, who are out of the running already, so would be fancied to take at least 4 points.

with this in mind, the waratahs need to beat the hurricances for two reasons, one to keep up the brumbies to have a chance of topping the aussie conference, and the other reason would be to take them within 1 point of the hurricances... who themselves have a tricky away fixture against the crusaders in the final round. A win for the tahs would put sever pressure on the hurricanes, assuming the highlanders come away with full points in argentina on saturday night.

Could be in for an upset here. Blues 14-0 on brumbies after 7 mins

Edit 14-7 after 12

• Registered Users Posts: 5,972 ✭✭✭Yeah_Right

If only the Blues could play like this more often.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    If only the Blues could play like this more often.

Didn't see the game, were the Blues good or the Brumbies just very poor? Still; probably advantage Brumbies over the Tahs with the Force in the last round

chiefs just handed reds some ass whooping, in queensland! 50 - 5

Quintis wrote: »
    Didn't see the game, were the Blues good or the Brumbies just very poor? Still; probably advantage Brumbies over the Tahs with the Force in the last round

The Blues were good!!! How dare you suggest otherwise! 😆

Seriously, the Blues were good. Blew them away in the first half hour. And were regularly carved them open. Should have scored more. Kaino is a beast. Seems to get better with age.

Chiefs were outstanding as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,036 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

Good night for NZ sides. Both Aussie teams were pants.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

Crusaders have 4 tries already against the Rebels only after 15 minutes!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,093 ✭✭✭techdiver

techdiver wrote: »
    Crusaders have 4 tries already against the Rebels only after 15 minutes!!

Make that 5 after 19 minutes.

33 - 0!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

This is a massacre. Rebels can't string two passes together, going to be a long night for them.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,268 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Kind of feel like this weekend puts England's whitewash of Australia in perspective.

Good night for NZ sides. Both Aussie teams were pants.

Good weekend for the kiwi teams against the Aussies. While I love a good bit of convict bashing, I hope the Tahs v Canes match is a bit more competitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,462 ✭✭✭Kiwi_knock

Phipps is lucky to get away with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Buer wrote: »
    Very much so. If England had gone to NZ I'm confident they'd have won at least one test.
    Kind of feel like this weekend puts England's whitewash of Australia in perspective.

Round 17 Super Rugby

NZ teams 203 points v Aus teams 63 points.

Maybe Buer...

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Yeah_Right wrote: »
    Good weekend for the kiwi teams against the Aussies. While I love a good bit of convict bashing, I hope the Tahs v Canes match is a bit more competitive.

Pollock let the Canes away with murder all game, constantly offside, some high tackles awarded penalties only, not penalties for Canes playings Tahs players off the ball, Coles was was ignorant in his communication all match, a stronger ref would have called him on it. All the same, the Tahs didn't help themselves sloppy and let their scrum dominance wane in the second half, sums up the Tahs, Brumbies and whole Aussie season really

• Registered Users Posts: 24,200 ✭✭✭✭Buer

swiwi_ wrote:
    Maybe Buer...

England beat them so badly that their entire sport is crumbling.

NZ got out of jail this year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,490 ✭✭✭swiwi_

Buer wrote: »
    England beat them so badly that their entire sport is crumbling.

NZ got out of jail this year.

Never knew you were IBF's alter ego there Buer.

Quintis wrote: »
    Pollock let the Canes away with murder all game, constantly offside, some high tackles awarded penalties only, not penalties for Canes playings Tahs players off the ball, Coles was was ignorant in his communication all match, a stronger ref would have called him on it. All the same, the Tahs didn't help themselves sloppy and let their scrum dominance wane in the second half, sums up the Tahs, Brumbies and whole Aussie season really

I'm calling BS on your assessment of Pollock letting the Hurricanes away with murder. I don't think he did. I didn't see any more offsides, head highs or off the ball stuff from the Canes than from the Tahs. If anything I thought he was lenient on the Tahs' Fijian winger not giving him a red.

I do agree with your assessment of Coles. Lucky not to get a yellow for backchat but when Pollock did finally warn him he shut up. Should have done it earlier. Pollock's style does tend to be very laid back though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,599 ✭✭✭matthew8

Weekend of absolute routs. Jaguares getting hammered by the Highlanders, NZ sides just look miles ahead of everyone else.

Advertisement