Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flightradar24 Thread Part III

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,144 ✭✭✭✭JCX BXC

RWY16 in use at DUB, walking inspection of RWY28.

• Registered Users Posts: 808 ✭✭✭LiamaDelta

JCX BXC wrote: »
    RWY16 in use at DUB, walking inspection of RWY28.

There was also a low flying single engine plane doing laps between the airport and Portmarnock. Must have been part of some survey/inspection also.

back on 28 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,108 ✭✭✭✭Oscar Bravo

Learjet 35 currently over Belmullet descending into Shannon. reg is C-GUAC

• Registered Users Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭arubex

Vietnam Airlines B789 VN-A861 passed eastbound over Athlone around 03:00 this morning heading from Havana to Frankfurt and then on to Hanoi.

National Assembly Chairwoman Nguyen Thi Kim Nga returning home from Mr Castro's funeral.

https://www.flightradar24.com/data/aircraft/vn-a861/#bc392dd

• Registered Users Posts: 11,942 ✭✭✭✭GBX

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭reforger

EI 495 (Faro to Dublin) diverting to Shannon.

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭BZ

reforger wrote: »

Hydraulic issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭cromelex

Girlfriend was on this flight. Annoyed as hell!

Was told there was an "engine issue".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

cromelex wrote: »

What else would she have had them do in the circumstances?

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I meant as in annoyed with her luck, rather than with Aer Lingus.

It's not a bad call if the passengers safety was at risk.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

live feed from the crashed Brazilian plane available here if anyone feels like listening to it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ab5x_C-CFg im not gonna embed the video to this thread as its gotta be up to yourself if you wanna listen. Its all in foreign language but translation is on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

EchoIndia wrote: »
    I meant as in annoyed with her luck, rather than with Aer Lingus.

It's not a bad call if the passengers safety was at risk.
    It's curious why they diverted to Shannon. Makes you wonder if the issue was only noted during descent? Otherwise, coming from where they did (distance wise), they should have been able to continue to Dublin...
    Mech1 wrote: »
    live feed from the crashed Brazilian plane available here if anyone feels like listening to it, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ab5x_C-CFg im not gonna embed the video to this thread as its gotta be up to yourself if you wanna listen. Its all in foreign language but translation is on screen.
    Chilling stuff. It's not looking good for the pilot's decision making - could they have gotten away with no reporting of the issue had they not reported an emergency, to get immediate permission to land? Such a gambling attitude...

• Registered Users Posts: 5,098 ✭✭✭Mech1

Sorry my last post is in the wrong thread, didnt check the front page recently:o

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 4,166 Mod ✭✭✭✭Locker10a

Sorry I have zero sympathy for passengers who get annoyed at a diversion that happens for a technical or safety, or welfare related reason.
    If there was a concern about the performance of a technical part of this aircraft (which there obviously was) the Captain, bearing in mind he or she has responsibility for the aircraft and the passengers and crew on that aircraft, has a decision to make. If his/her decision is to divert (decision never taken lightly) then it tells me the information available to this flight crew created enough of a concern to prioritise safety and in my opinion that should never be criticised, indeed it should be respected.

Locker10a wrote: »
    Sorry I have zero sympathy for passengers who get annoyed at a diversion that happens for a technical or safety, or welfare related reason.
    If there was a concern about the performance of a technical part of this aircraft (which there obviously was) the Captain, bearing in mind he or she has responsibility for the aircraft and the passengers and crew on that aircraft, has a decision to make. If his/her decision is to divert (decision never taken lightly) then it tells me the information available to this flight crew created enough of a concern to prioritise safety and in my opinion that should never be criticised, indeed it should be respected.
    Just to clarify, as I mentioned on post #2866 the "annoyed" bit was not a criticism to the crew's decision.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭KwackerJack

D-CCAS seems to be inbound Dublin......nice to see such rare aircraft come in

Here to watch her land @ -2.0 then off to my warm bed

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 6,521 Mod ✭✭✭✭Irish Steve

Re the Aer Lingus diversion to Shannon with a hydraulic issue, that's very simple. Hydraulic issue could have meant that full braking was not available, Shannon runway is a LOT longer than Dublin, so if the brakes were not working as well as normal, the extra runway would have provided the safety net to allow them to deal with the problem. The other possible issue is that depending on the nature of the fault, the aircraft could have been disabled on the runway, and in all honesty, a disabled aircraft on the runway at Shannon is going to cause a lot less inconvenience than a disabled aircraft on the runway at Dublin. And that's before the safety issues are taken into consideration.

Shore, if it was easy, everybody would be doin it.😁

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭monkey lover

Go around at Cork this morning. "Training landing that didn't go too well!"

FR901 from London to Cork:
    http://fr24.com/RYR98EV/bc777db

• Registered Users Posts: 5,871 ✭✭✭Chris_5339762

Whoops :D

In the vein of mad speculation you can see the approach paths are quite different. Did someone miss centerline :D

• Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭pepe the prawn

Stobart ATR enroute from Shannon to Cork, Shannon to Birmingham flight cancelled and the return Birmingham to cork also cancelled, don't know why.

• Advertisement

Any one know what EI 4500 is doing , EI-CPE, seems to be flying around Ireland ?

Any one know what EI 4500 is doing , EI-CPE, seems to be flying around Ireland ?

Santa flight.

Santa flight.

Oh wow, cool, didn't know EI did this? What exactly does an Santa Flight around Ireland entail ?

Oh wow, cool, didn't know EI did this? What exactly does an Santa Flight around Ireland entail ?

I haven't a clue but I wouldn't mind a spin on it myself :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭Trebor176

I think they could be special flights for sick kids. I know they've done Santa flights for kids in Our Lady's Hospital before, so I guess that's what today's flight was.

I haven't a clue but I wouldn't mind a spin on it myself :pac:
    I just thought it looked like an air test, i always thought the santa flights involved actually flight somewhere and going to visit mantas grotto, in a like SNN or somewhere lol

• Registered Users Posts: 3,811 ✭✭✭billie1b

Post maintenance test flight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Fr555 man-dub went around a few minutes ago. Landed second attempt.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,874 ✭✭✭EchoIndia

maximum12 wrote: »
    Fr555 man-dub went around a few minutes ago. Landed second attempt.

A departing aircraft was lined up but held by ATC owing to racing pigeons crossing the airfield.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 666 ✭✭✭maximum12

Ei125 making an early left turn on departure. Someone in atc not paying attention

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement