Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

Keithchap wrote: »
    http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/76271

"
    The next phase of 3 & 4 bedroom homes, "Camden" at Royal Canal Park is launching 10th & 11th February.

POA
    "

Does anyone have any prices?

My partner spoke to them last week and they said the three beds would start at minimum €370k. It wasn't confirmed and they said it was possible it might be higher. No idea on the four beds.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

climber59 wrote: »
    My partner spoke to them last week and they said the three beds would start at minimum €370k. It wasn't confirmed and they said it was possible it might be higher. No idea on the four beds.

The only 3 beds seem to be Type 01, Ash. They started at 360 in the last phase in RCP so just a 10K increase from there. It was hard to see them increasing them much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

The only 3 beds seem to be Type 01, Ash. They started at 360 in the last phase in RCP so just a 10K increase from there. It was hard to see them increasing them much more than that.

How long ago was the last phase?

cronos wrote: »
    How long ago was the last phase?

April 29th 2017. The block furthest to the East on the plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 n1ckymar1e

April is correct, the ashes from that phase have yet to be moved into, only the herons have snagged.

• Advertisement

n1ckymar1e wrote: »
    April is correct, the ashes from that phase have yet to be moved into, only the herons have snagged.

Only a 10k raise seems quite reasonable then I guess given where the market has gone in the year I guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 CaitFTB

Hi All,

Quite interested in these properties- Can anyone advise what the service charges cover? Always thought these were exclusive to apartments...

What are people’s experinces living here? I see there is some anti social behaviour but on the whole is it a safe & quiet place to live?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

CaitFTB wrote: »
    Hi All,

Quite interested in these properties- Can anyone advise what the service charges cover? Always thought these were exclusive to apartments...

What are people’s experinces living here? I see there is some anti social behaviour but on the whole is it a safe & quiet place to live?

Service charges are for the upkeep of the area. Gym is included in this, as are the refuse collection and security services. In the houses, i think the front gardens are also covered by this.

There is very little antisocial behavior. I think its a case that anything that happens is usually discussed openly which is why it seems like there is more than there really is. Theres just no discussion of 99.99% of the time when the area is quiet, clean & peaceful, if there was this thread would be very very long and boring!
    There is in fact less anti social behavior here than in south side areas like Dundrum & Sandyford ( I lived nearby before moving up to RCP).

Along with that, there is much more engagement with the garda, the community garda regularly patrol the area, and are quick to respond to any calls (which are usually young lads taking bikes).

In RCP, pretty much all of the houses are owner occupied by families, meaning residents are invested in the area and have motivation to ensure it is kept to a high standard, and improves.
    Socially, I think we could all do a bit better in getting to know eachother outside of facebook and boards but that will come in time.

Its well serviced by Dublin Bus and the Luas is 10-15 min walk away, as is the train, with a new train stop planned in the next few years.
    There's talk of improvments to the river road, and improving the canal walk to the Luas which will make a big difference.
    There's also an Aldi under construction and units for a small number of shops and cafe's.
    Id like to see parking for residents improve but parking is a problem everywhere in Dublin so its not the end of the world.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

I was just on to Vodafone and they are telling me our line only supports 15MB as fibre isn't available on our line. My neighbour a few doors down tells me he is with Vodafone and has fibre at 80MB. Checked on fibrerollout.ie and our line is indeed only copper but they don't give a date for the line being connected to a fibre cabinet. Vodafone are saying perhaps there was no space left at the fibre cabinet. Very frustrating as our line is limited to 6MB!!

Anyone else in this boat?
    I am on the same boat too

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Has anyone moving into the final Ash houses from the last phase received a snagging date yet? Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

mooninite1 wrote: »
    Has anyone moving into the final Ash houses from the last phase received a snagging date yet? Thanks

We were told 19th Feb up until last week and are now told 'mid march' now for the 7nr houses on Hamilton walk. Very disappointing news for us to say the least .

Danny87 wrote: »

We were told 19th Feb up until last week and are now told 'mid march' now for the 7nr houses on Hamilton walk. Very disappointing news for us to say the least .
    Heard the same... was wondering if anyone else had got the same message.

Heard the same... was wondering if anyone else had got the same message.

They are currently snagging the ash houses on Ratoath road . Power is on etc. . I believe the ESB connection date for Hamilton walk is 19th . Perhaps someone has received a valid reason for delay ?

Danny87 wrote: »
    They are currently snagging the ash houses on Ratoath road . Power is on etc. . I believe the ESB connection date for Hamilton walk is 19th . Perhaps someone has received a valid reason for delay ?

I wasn't given a reason.

MasterSun wrote: »
    I am on the same boat too

Getting mixed messages, first time I called Vodafone they just said there was nothing they could do, only openeir could help, I contacted openEir and they said we were not within 1.5km of a fibre cabinet and that once the full fibrerollout was complete around the country only then would they be looking to add more cabinets around this area, in other words years from now, I replied to them to tell them we are within 1.5km of about 20 cabinets, several < 300 metres, no reply yet. I was then talking to Vodafone yesterday and they said it would be about 2 months and that some red tape needed to be gotten through with Vodafone and openEir. Hard to know what to believe, I'll keep pushing and will let you know if there is an update.

In the mean time if anyone gets a new connection in the latest phases and gets fibre, i.e. > 6mbs please let us know.

I wasn't given a reason.

You won't get one from Ballymore I don't think, same happened to us in the last phase, it is in the ESB's hands, all Ballymore can do is push them. There are a lot of new connections happening around the city so I'm sure the ESB are under pressure.

You won't get one from Ballymore I don't think, same happened to us in the last phase, it is in the ESB's hands, all Ballymore can do is push them. There are a lot of new connections happening around the city so I'm sure the ESB are under pressure.

Its not ESB . Their confirmed date for install is and always was 19th feb.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭MasterSun

Getting mixed messages, first time I called Vodafone they just said there was nothing they could do, only openeir could help, I contacted openEir and they said we were not within 1.5km of a fibre cabinet and that once the full fibrerollout was complete around the country only then would they be looking to add more cabinets around this area, in other words years from now, I replied to them to tell them we are within 1.5km of about 20 cabinets, several < 300 metres, no reply yet. I was then talking to Vodafone yesterday and they said it would be about 2 months and that some red tape needed to be gotten through with Vodafone and openEir. Hard to know what to believe, I'll keep pushing and will let you know if there is an update.

In the mean time if anyone gets a new connection in the latest phases and gets fibre, i.e. > 6mbs please let us know.

Thanks for the info Keith. Hopefully we can have Fibre in 2 months.

I've been calling Vodafone on this issue as well. I recall getting a call from them last year saying there will be doing a network upgrade this Feb, but when I called their tech support team this week, no-one can confirm this is going to happen. They keep referring to the Fibre Rollout site.

The Fibra Rollout site is just bonkers, it doesn't list a contact number, and the rollout map shows the entire city has Fibre coverage.

Going to email Openeir for an update. Guess we just have to keep chasing them.

FYI, being doing some research on the alternative solution - A mobile broadband plan, 3 seems to have a sound deal, 750gb of 4G data @ 30 euro per month (a better option if you can afford to break out your current contract).

http://www.three.ie/eshop/broadband-plans/bill-pay-broadband/

It appears 4G speed can reach between 8Mbs and 19Mbs with 3
    https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/revealed-which-irish-mobile-operators-offer-the-best-data-speeds-35600412.html

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Service charges are for the upkeep of the area. Gym is included in this, as are the refuse collection and security services. In the houses, i think the front gardens are also covered by this.

There is very little antisocial behavior. I think its a case that anything that happens is usually discussed openly which is why it seems like there is more than there really is. Theres just no discussion of 99.99% of the time when the area is quiet, clean & peaceful, if there was this thread would be very very long and boring!
    There is in fact less anti social behavior here than in south side areas like Dundrum & Sandyford ( I lived nearby before moving up to RCP).

Along with that, there is much more engagement with the garda, the community garda regularly patrol the area, and are quick to respond to any calls (which are usually young lads taking bikes).

In RCP, pretty much all of the houses are owner occupied by families, meaning residents are invested in the area and have motivation to ensure it is kept to a high standard, and improves.
    Socially, I think we could all do a bit better in getting to know eachother outside of facebook and boards but that will come in time.

Its well serviced by Dublin Bus and the Luas is 10-15 min walk away, as is the train, with a new train stop planned in the next few years.
    There's talk of improvments to the river road, and improving the canal walk to the Luas which will make a big difference.
    There's also an Aldi under construction and units for a small number of shops and cafe's.
    Id like to see parking for residents improve but parking is a problem everywhere in Dublin so its not the end of the world.

Been here about a year now and have to agree with all of this. Just a lovely place to live overall would be my summary.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 gilga

Hi all,
    Moving in soon and sorting out various bits and pieces. Sounds like internet will be an issue, ugh.

On the security front, any reccommendations from your own experiences? With house pre-wired looking to fet it sorted as soon as we can.

Thanks

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

We had awful trouble with Eir. They sent out the KG Engineer to do our fibre install, he arrived 5 hours late and left in less than 3 minutes as there was no copper or fibre in the roadway to physically connect to the house.
    We spent the best part of a month ringing Eir to try and get it sorted. The message we kept getting was that there would be no fibre in our area for a number of months, but they couldn't specify when it would be.
    Spotted the Eir engineer splicing and laying fibre in the road one day, confirmed with him that the entire street at Royal Canal Avenue would be done within 2 days. Contacted Eir and they still maintained it would be months away. Told them about the guy laying the fibre in the road and they said they had no record, that would be handled by a different department. They would need to send an engineer to verify that the fibre was in the road but couldn't send an engineer out to verify that until another engineer (who also couldn’t be sent out unless confirmed) verified that it was already there.
    Absolutely ridiculous..
    In the end I spoke to a KG engineer one evening I saw him on the street, confirmed that the fibre was in the roadway and hinted at one or two houses that were connected to the fibre.
    Called Eir again, spoke to a manager who was somewhat reasonable, said I wasn’t looking for personal details etc but could they confirm to their own satisfaction that specific houses on the street had indeed got fibre connections.
    We had the fibre installed within the week, getting 80+Mb/s
    There is a quirk that the fibre is being ran from multiple cabinets along the street so it is possible that the house next to you can be connected to one cabinet, and the cabinet that you’ll be connect to isn’t yet wired up.
    If you want to try the same tact feel free to PM me for house no.

• Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

bluemc wrote: »
    We had awful trouble with Eir. They sent out the KG Engineer to do our fibre install, he arrived 5 hours late and left in less than 3 minutes as there was no copper or fibre in the roadway to physically connect to the house.
    We spent the best part of a month ringing Eir to try and get it sorted. The message we kept getting was that there would be no fibre in our area for a number of months, but they couldn't specify when it would be.
    Spotted the Eir engineer splicing and laying fibre in the road one day, confirmed with him that the entire street at Royal Canal Avenue would be done within 2 days. Contacted Eir and they still maintained it would be months away. Told them about the guy laying the fibre in the road and they said they had no record, that would be handled by a different department. They would need to send an engineer to verify that the fibre was in the road but couldn't send an engineer out to verify that until another engineer (who also couldn’t be sent out unless confirmed) verified that it was already there.
    Absolutely ridiculous..
    In the end I spoke to a KG engineer one evening I saw him on the street, confirmed that the fibre was in the roadway and hinted at one or two houses that were connected to the fibre.
    Called Eir again, spoke to a manager who was somewhat reasonable, said I wasn’t looking for personal details etc but could they confirm to their own satisfaction that specific houses on the street had indeed got fibre connections.
    There is a quirk that the fibre is being ran from multiple cabinets along the street so it is possible that the house next to you can be connected to one cabinet, and the cabinet that you’ll be connect to isn’t yet wired up.

Thats really crap, we had no troubles setting up internet (from phase 2).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

It took them about 4/5 months to get our line connected. It was a pain in the arse.

At least we got a decent speed in the end.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I dont understand how they are doing the fiber rollout. How come some houses on a row are fiber enabled while others are not, or is it the space at the cabinet that is the problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

It took them about 4/5 months to get our line connected. It was a pain in the arse.

At least we got a decent speed in the end.

It was the same story for us, took about 4 months. We wanted to go with Vodafone, Vodafone advised there was no connection to the house and when they enquired with Eir, Eir suggested they could only offer us satellite despite our neighbours being connected as normal with Eir quite some weeks before us. When we called Eir directly to set up a plan with them, they confirmed that there would be no issue and checked the approx. speed we would get. We then called Vodafone with this information and they contacted Eir again - same story so they raised a ticket with DCC. As Eir are contracted to provide service to the whole country, if they say they cannot they are in breach of their contract with DCC. No response from DCC so we went with Eir in the end even though it pains us to do so from previous experience!!

What I cannot understand is that both parties use the same crowd for network setup (KN) but feeling Eir are playing a game of silly buggers because they have the monopoly. I think if anybody runs into difficulty though over the next while though, maybe log it to the services ombudsman too.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

slayerking wrote: »
    I dont understand how they are doing the fiber rollout. How come some houses on a row are fiber enabled while others are not, or is it the space at the cabinet that is the problem.
    The impression that I got was that there are two factors:
    1. fibre being available in the roadway
    2. space in the cabinet, allocated on first come first serve so that adjacent houses may end up on different cabinets. May be wrong on this one, but that's what I was told.

MasterSun wrote: »
    Thanks for the info Keith. Hopefully we can have Fibre in 2 months.

I've been calling Vodafone on this issue as well. I recall getting a call from them last year saying there will be doing a network upgrade this Feb, but when I called their tech support team this week, no-one can confirm this is going to happen. They keep referring to the Fibre Rollout site.

The Fibra Rollout site is just bonkers, it doesn't list a contact number, and the rollout map shows the entire city has Fibre coverage.

Going to email Openeir for an update. Guess we just have to keep chasing them.

FYI, being doing some research on the alternative solution - A mobile broadband plan, 3 seems to have a sound deal, 750gb of 4G data @ 30 euro per month (a better option if you can afford to break out your current contract).

http://www.three.ie/eshop/broadband-plans/bill-pay-broadband/

It appears 4G speed can reach between 8Mbs and 19Mbs with 3
    https://www.independent.ie/business/technology/revealed-which-irish-mobile-operators-offer-the-best-data-speeds-35600412.html

Thanks, I have sometimes had to revert to using my mobile hotspot with 4G which is the same as you've described, I have 30GB on my sim free plan with Eir. You don't get great signals inside the houses though.

bluemc wrote: »
    Absolutely ridiculous..

Hmmm thanks, I'm not sure this will work for me as I am a Vodafone customer, it sounds like it might be beneficial to be with Eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

Has anyone noticed that the 'family' room in the Heron is quite a cold room. i appreciate its stuck out into the garden without any neighbouring rooms and would expect it so be a little cooler than the main part of the house...but it seems so cold...almost as if it had no insulation!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 740 ✭✭✭Chumpski

dovetail wrote: »
    Has anyone noticed that the 'family' room in the Heron is quite a cold room. i appreciate its stuck out into the garden without any neighbouring rooms and would expect it so be a little cooler than the main part of the house...but it seems so cold...almost as if it had no insulation!

Yes, ours is the same, it’s the warmest room in summer and can be very cold in Winter yes.

Advertisement