Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

6BTBfEH.jpg

6rMKSxT.jpg

bqrxbrj.jpg

MzEuCUe.jpg

1) The pressure Gauge
    2) The filling loop valve
    3) Additional opening valve for filling
    4) Heat pump return

A) You have to check the pressure gauge, the position of the red hand is fixed, the black hand underneath needs to be in line with the red one.

B) If it's not in line with the red one you need to open (2) The filling loop valve

C) If nothing happens to your pressure it is because the (3) additional valve is closed, use a screw driver to open that, that can be left open

D) Repeat step B

E) If you put too much pressure in use (4) Heat pump return to release it.

P.S. the heating doesn't need to be off when doing this.

bluemc wrote: »
    No hot water this evening, have the dreaded Err K Low IWS error code on the heating system.
    Tried the above, black pressure needle is much lower than the red needle, but running in eco mode now thanks to the above.
    Need to get hold of Joule to fix. Few drops of water seeping out around valves on the system as well.
    What's the response time for them to come out to fix once you report an issue?

If they are around they will drop in the same day, if they find a big problem it could take them a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

cronos wrote: »
    To my knowledge that's a lie from Sherry Fitz. You can get Eir and Sky (via Satellite). But no Virgin, unless that has changed?

Very easy to confirm with the address of an existing property. The rights where sold to cable watch crowd. No Virgin media for basically ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

Keithchap wrote: »
    6BTBfEH.jpg

6rMKSxT.jpg

bqrxbrj.jpg

MzEuCUe.jpg

1) The pressure Gauge
    2) The filling loop valve
    3) Additional opening valve for filling
    4) Heat pump return

A) You have to check the pressure gauge, the position of the red hand is fixed, the black hand underneath needs to be in line with the red one.

B) If it's not in line with the red one you need to open (2) The filling loop valve

C) If nothing happens to your pressure it is because the (3) additional valve is closed, use a screw driver to open that, that can be left open

D) Repeat step B

E) If you put too much pressure in use (4) Heat pump return to release it.

P.S. the heating doesn't need to be off when doing this.

Top man Keith! Have the pressure back up, fault is cleared, just waiting now to see if the water temperature starts to come back up.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Manion wrote: »
    Very easy to confirm with the address of an existing property. The rights where sold to cable watch crowd. No Virgin media for basically ever.

To my knowledge that applies to the appartments and not the houses. But I stand to be corrected. Problem with the houses is that virgin use there own cables which we don't have. Perhaps the problems are linked though in that it's not worth doing it for the houses if they can't serve the apartments also.

• Advertisement

Top man Keith! Have the pressure back up, fault is cleared, just waiting now to see if the water temperature starts to come back up.

Glad it was useful. Any joy?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Hi all,
    I've a couple of questions on modem placement and connectivity in utility room for those who have already moved in:
    1 - How did you secured the modem to the utility room wall? I'm looking for an option to tidy up the area and hide the cables from the wall to the modem (power, DSL, alarm), perhaps a cabinet or a shelving solution? My little one will walk soon and I'm sure he'll love the modem area :). Any ideas?
    2 - How do you connect internet to the wired lines going to the rooms? I believe someone posted this already but cannot locate the info.
    Will move in a couple of weeks, looking forward to meeting my new neighbours! Thank you all!

Keithchap wrote: »
    Glad it was useful. Any joy?

Alas no. System is pumping fine, but it's no generating any heat.
    Seems to be an issue with the refrigeration unit outside..

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Hi stenomattia,

1 - I put up a shelf on the wall for the modem and a couple of other devices to sit on, and drilled a hole down through it to pass the power cables to the plug sockets below, so that they weren't hanging over the edge of the shelf. I haven't covered the cables but I may look to get some kind of sheathing as I have a kid on the way myself.

2 - There's a box on the wall in the utility room where all the Cat 5e cables emanate from to all the other rooms. The good news is that the cables are installed. Bad news is that they likely won't have the correct connections on the end to provide you with wired ethernet throughout the house. It's easy enough and not expensive to fix though. I think some people on here got electricians to do it. I did a little research and was able to do it myself.

If your place has been wired the same way as the rest of us then your Cat 5e cables will terminate in an RJ11 faceplate in the utility room. To carry ethernet signal you need to replace this with an RJ45 faceplate. The RJ45 faceplate can have multiple sockets to connect to multiple rooms, for example my faceplate has 4 sockets so I can have wired internet in 4 rooms. In the rooms you intend to have ethernet you only need faceplates with single RJ45 sockets.

Each Cat5e cable has 8 wires, all coloured differently. Each RJ45 socket also has 8 connections which should also be coloured, just match the wire to the connection according to the colours. Actually inserting the wires though should probably be done using an IDC punch down tool, I paid 20 euros for mine but they seem to be as cheap as 4 euros online.

So the things you need are
    - 1 faceplate with multiple rj45 sockets
    - however many faceplates with single rj45 sockets as you need
    - IDC punch down tool

I got all this gear at cefltd.ie, they have a branch in Finglas.

Couple of things to note
    - One of the Cat 5e cables in the utility room will be carrying signal from outside the house (actually from outside the house to a box in your hall which your Vodafone/Eircom technician will use to link up the signal to the utility room, if the technician tries to install the modem in your hall instead then tell him you want it in the utility room, all he has to do is put a connection in this box in the hall, but let him worry about that). Leave it until after the technician has come and done his work before you start installing faceplates because you won't know which Cat 5e cable is the one which brings the signal into the house.
    - If you have more cat 5e cables than sockets on your rj45 faceplate then it's trial and error knowing which one connects to which room. This is the part where a professional electrician has an advantage over you because he has a voltmeter or whatever. But with a little patience and trying out each room with a laptop you can work it out.

Good luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

Alas no. System is pumping fine, but it's no generating any heat.
    Seems to be an issue with the refrigeration unit outside..

Had a similar issue with my heating -refrigerant fluid leak in the outside unit caused by damage to the unit during installation.

• Advertisement

nordstrom wrote: »
    Hi stenomattia,

1 - I put up a shelf on the wall for the modem and a couple of other devices to sit on, and drilled a hole down through it to pass the power cables to the plug sockets below, so that they weren't hanging over the edge of the shelf. I haven't covered the cables but I may look to get some kind of sheathing as I have a kid on the way myself.

2 - There's a box on the wall in the utility room where all the Cat 5e cables emanate from to all the other rooms. The good news is that the cables are installed. Bad news is that they likely won't have the correct connections on the end to provide you with wired ethernet throughout the house. It's easy enough and not expensive to fix though. I think some people on here got electricians to do it. I did a little research and was able to do it myself.

If your place has been wired the same way as the rest of us then your Cat 5e cables will terminate in an RJ11 faceplate in the utility room. To carry ethernet signal you need to replace this with an RJ45 faceplate. The RJ45 faceplate can have multiple sockets to connect to multiple rooms, for example my faceplate has 4 sockets so I can have wired internet in 4 rooms. In the rooms you intend to have ethernet you only need faceplates with single RJ45 sockets.

Each Cat5e cable has 8 wires, all coloured differently. Each RJ45 socket also has 8 connections which should also be coloured, just match the wire to the connection according to the colours. Actually inserting the wires though should probably be done using an IDC punch down tool, I paid 20 euros for mine but they seem to be as cheap as 4 euros online.

So the things you need are
    - 1 faceplate with multiple rj45 sockets
    - however many faceplates with single rj45 sockets as you need
    - IDC punch down tool

I got all this gear at cefltd.ie, they have a branch in Finglas.

Couple of things to note
    - One of the Cat 5e cables in the utility room will be carrying signal from outside the house (actually from outside the house to a box in your hall which your Vodafone/Eircom technician will use to link up the signal to the utility room, if the technician tries to install the modem in your hall instead then tell him you want it in the utility room, all he has to do is put a connection in this box in the hall, but let him worry about that). Leave it until after the technician has come and done his work before you start installing faceplates because you won't know which Cat 5e cable is the one which brings the signal into the house.
    - If you have more cat 5e cables than sockets on your rj45 faceplate then it's trial and error knowing which one connects to which room. This is the part where a professional electrician has an advantage over you because he has a voltmeter or whatever. But with a little patience and trying out each room with a laptop you can work it out.

Good luck!

You can also get some of the necessary items on https://www.cablemonkey.ie/

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Nordstrom, thank you so much for the extensive and detailed info, I will surely try this as soon as we move in, thanks!

elTenedor wrote: »
    Had a similar issue with my heating -refrigerant fluid leak in the outside unit caused by damage to the unit during installation.
    They ended up replacing the whole outside unit. Said it was quicker to remove, replace and repair offsite. Nice toasty house last night!

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

I wonder if anyone replaced the lawn with artificial grass? that I could get a possible crew recommendation with whom you when with?

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

Hi all, has anyone found any good value lights to install under over the kitchen worktop? Ideally ones that aren't too bulky. There's already a light switch on the 3 gang switch in the kitchen so just need to install the lighting and wire it up.

We are in Ash type but assume same set up in 4 beds so any advice greatly appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

sdhway wrote: »
    Hi all, has anyone found any good value lights to install under over the kitchen worktop? Ideally ones that aren't too bulky. There's already a light switch on the 3 gang switch in the kitchen so just need to install the lighting and wire it up.

We are in Ash type but assume same set up in 4 beds so any advice greatly appreciated

We went with the kit in homestore and more.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/novelty-lighting/led-strip-light-kit/invt/064427

20 quid for a single set.

It took 2 sets for me to completely fill the area and had a section or two left over. Im in a Heron btw so not sure what the dimensions are for an Ash but with the strips you can just connect it up as you need it. There's a spur above the extractor fan for that third light switch, I connected up 2 sockets to it and plugged in the lights then into that with the plug that already comes with them - easiest way out as most strip lighting are low powered so you cant just wire them directly to the live feed from the house (these are 12v, 1 watt so very efficient). Had to drill a small hole to feed wires down but its perfectly hidden by the extractor fan and looks very neat.

slayerking wrote: »
    We went with the kit in homestore and more.

https://www.homestoreandmore.ie/novelty-lighting/led-strip-light-kit/invt/064427

20 quid for a single set.

It took 2 sets for me to completely fill the area and had a section or two left over. Im in a Heron btw so not sure what the dimensions are for an Ash but with the strips you can just connect it up as you need it. There's a spur above the extractor fan for that third light switch, I connected up 2 sockets to it and plugged in the lights then into that with the plug that already comes with them - easiest way out as most strip lighting are low powered so you cant just wire them directly to the live feed from the house (these are 12v, 1 watt so very efficient). Had to drill a small hole to feed wires down but its perfectly hidden by the extractor fan and looks very neat.

If you fancy posting a picture I'd be interested to see them. :)

cronos wrote: »
    If you fancy posting a picture I'd be interested to see them. :)

PM'd you some pics. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

Likewise, i’d love to see what it looks like :)

jjps wrote: »

Likewise, i’d love to see what it looks like :)
    Pm'd :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13 jjps

Pm'd :)

Thanks a mil! Great job, very neat and it does add to the kitchen!

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 10,661 ✭✭✭✭John Mason

does anyone know the exact location scoil sinead is going to be?

they keep telling me that it will be open by September but the location is still commercially sensitive.

need to figure out if i have start looking for someone to do drop offs and pick ups. the creche dont know if they will be doing a school run or not yet.

I have a a fair few moving boxes to give away if anyone is interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭Forumsie

Hi everyone, we are delighted to have secured a Heron in the latest release. This forum is brilliant and I'm sure we'll refer to it again and again so thanks to all who contribute.

We're starting to think about what we'll do to the house eg flooring, blinds etc and one thing I haven't noticed much information on is curtains/blinds/shutters. I'd love to know what people have done to the master bedroom in the heron. I was thinking shutters (depending on cost) but I'm not sure if the room will be dark enough? If not I guess it's curtains but I imagine the would nearly cost as much if they need to be bespoke

If anyone has any tips/ideas or even better, photos please could you share? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 8 royalcanalpark

Hello everyone, we have booked a Heron in this release and very excited about it, as its first time we have made this big commitment- and now apprehensive to death with all the million questions and ifs/buts!!! I am sure i am overthinking everything, going back to question our decision :)

How is general sense of security in the area? Have read some online posts about car and house break-ins? Is this something to be worried about?
    Also, we are looking at schools nearby for our little one (he starts school in 2019)- would anyone have a view on Pelletstown educate together?

Thanks in advance for your advise and support.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Hello everyone, we have booked a Heron in this release and very excited about it, as its first time we have made this big commitment- and now apprehensive to death with all the million questions and ifs/buts!!! I am sure i am overthinking everything, going back to question our decision :)

How is general sense of security in the area? Have read some online posts about car and house break-ins? Is this something to be worried about?
    Also, we are looking at schools nearby for our little one (he starts school in 2019)- would anyone have a view on Pelletstown educate together?

Thanks in advance for your advise and support.

Hi. welcome to the area. Most of the questions have been addressed fairly recently in the thread.

Regarding Crime:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=106000614

Regarding the school:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=104995176

• Registered Users Posts: 8 royalcanalpark

Thanks for the reply and links.. Will be going through this discussion thread to understand more about the place and potential problems :)

Anyone got any suggestions for good solicitor, please if you could PM me.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Problems are minor, no more than you would get anywhere in Dublin. If there was anything serious, you'd have lots of complaints from phase 1 and 2 residents (60+ homes) who are now all well established, and phase 3 (70+homes) wouldn't have should out in a weekend.

I'll pm you our solicitor details, we found him very good, no fuss, straight forward and reasonably priced.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi All

Just for anyone still keeping an eye on this discussion I would advise householders if they can to come along to the residents association meetings which are held once per month it might be useful. Also if anyone has any other ideas for something they might like to see in the fantastic community center which we all have the right to use please let the committe know..maybe someone wants to setup a club of some sort.. I have been to a few meetings myself and find it useful to find out whats going on. For any newbies buying into the new phase I can only say we are here just over a year and really love the place but most important the houses are a great build quality and the finish is pretty much the as the showhouse only negative for me is the traffic and I know thats only going to get worse 😀.There are a few fools who dont know how to drive..but sure you get that everywhere in terms of schools you should also consider Dublin 7 as there are a number of very good and established schools in the area another new educate together on Bannow Rd...just in case the educate together in rathbourne is busy. My own children are in a gaelscoile so I cant really advise much more about the schools.

Minky

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭climber59

It's also a good idea to join the resident's Facebook group - https://www.facebook.com/groups/185294091624379/?ref=bookmarks

They just recently combined it to make it for RCP and Rathborne which makes sense considering the area as a whole is small enough. It's a great way to see what's going on, get involved and ask questions.

In terms of crime, I've lived here 8 years (both RCP and Rathborne) and it's mainly bike theft and a bit of antisocial behaviour in Tolka Valley Park - nothing serious. I've never had any problems personally though. Like everyone else has said it any problems are minor and you'd get them most places nowadays.

Advertisement