Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

I heard ballymore have purchased it and will be building more houses.

Thats great news, more homes and more importantly, more home owners with a vested interest in the area can only improve the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Thats great news, more homes and more importantly, more home owners with a vested interest in the area can only improve the area.

Absolutely. It's fantastic news for us. Hopefully it will create more good activity around that stretch of the canal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Absolutely. It's fantastic news for us. Hopefully it will create more good activity around that stretch of the canal.

Yes. I hope it continues all the way down the canal actually. Plenty of great land for it. The luas should help that area.

are the heating systems under warranty?
    just got our Xmas electricity bill and it's almost double what I expected.
    I'm sure it's down to configuration of the heating system.

I'm going to call joule but don't want to be charged for it as it's less than a year old.

I've mailed Tom again to have joule do an education session, the one that was promised back in October but never happened.

are the heating systems under warranty?
    just got our Xmas electricity bill and it's almost double what I expected.
    I'm sure it's down to configuration of the heating system.

I'm going to call joule but don't want to be charged for it as it's less than a year old.

I've mailed Tom again to have joule do an education session, the one that was promised back in October but never happened.

Happy to share bill amounts via PM if you want to compare. I'm curious to see what you are getting.

• Advertisement

cronos wrote: »
    Happy to share bill amounts via PM if you want to compare. I'm curious to see what you are getting.

cant pm you cronos, getting an error from boards:
    cronos has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.

sorry for posting on the public thread, but dont know how else to let you know!

cant pm you cronos, getting an error from boards:

sorry for posting on the public thread, but dont know how else to let you know!

Try now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Hi is the emergency number for Joule 016237080 ?

Hi is the emergency number for Joule 016237080 ?

Yes see attached

cronos wrote: »
    Yes see attached

I have been ringing it for hours today , puts me on hold for 20 mins and then drops the call.
    No answer from the e-mail address either after 5 hours.

That's pretty poor from Joule , gotta say hearing so many have problems inside 3 months from them does not fill you with a lot of confidence on their equipment.

• Advertisement

I have been ringing it for hours today , puts me on hold for 20 mins and then drops the call.

That's pretty poor from Joule , gotta say hearing so many have problems inside 3 months from them does not fill you with a lot of confidence on their equipment.

Think they are just quite a small company. I think the equipment is good personally, but there maintenance fee is a bit steep.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

I have a Gas heater if your stuck.

I loaned out my electric heater already but could drop it in tomorrow.

Keithchap wrote: »
    I have a Gas heater if your stuck.

I loaned out my electric heater already but could drop it in tomorrow.

Should be ok , posted on their Facebook page and got a service guy to contact me , hasn’t been able to get it working yet but house is so well insulated that it’s holding heat reasonably , we are around 16 degrees so warm jumper and hot water bottles will get us through till Monday

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

If it comes down to it, roast something in the oven. That's always made our place sweltering.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Does anyone know the degree of roof pitch of Herons?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Arbie wrote: »
    Does anyone know the degree of roof pitch of Herons?

Solar?

Its 22 degrees measured from the blueprint plans.
    Presume it matches those or close enough to it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

Solar?

Its 22 degrees measured from the blueprint plans.
    Presume it matches those or close enough to it anyway.

Yes, but not in the near future! I measured 24 degrees on attic ceiling, so that sounds right, thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 19 john_this

Keithchap wrote: »
    I was chatting to one of the lads on site a few months ago, he had heard Ballymore were trying to acquire it, I have heard nothing since.

Did a land search online for €5.00, the land was bought 4 times, last in 2007 by RQB;

https://namawinelake.wordpress.com/the-developers/

So as expected! it looks like it will be developed out at some stage...

john_this wrote: »
    Did a land search online for €5.00, the land was bought 4 times, last in 2007 by RQB;

https://namawinelake.wordpress.com/the-developers/

So as expected! it looks like it will be developed out at some stage...

I hope Ballymore do buy it as I think they have overall done a good job of the estate.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Hi
    Can someone send me on the number of a joule engineer so I can call for a service. Thanks. Pm if preferred

• Advertisement

minkey wrote: »
    Hi
    Can someone send me on the number of a joule engineer so I can call for a service. Thanks. Pm if preferred

01 6237080

Their choice for technical support (4) is broken but if you hit 1 for sales they answer that quick enough.
    Also they get back to you pretty fast on Facebook.
    service@joule.ie is the email address but I have had no joy with that being answered.

I have a mobile for one of their engineers if anybody else gets stuck out of hours.PM for it

Just wondering what recommendations people have for broadband and TV? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Ran into similar issue ourselves with heating over Christmas and trying to access support from the company through emergency email or otherwise was abysmal.
    We have an out of hours number for engineer also, just if anyone is stuck.

Also would recommend letting Ballymore Group know (info@ballymoregroup.com), they were quite helpful when we weren't getting anything back from Joule.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 innie89

Hi Guys, 
    Any advice on the house insurance? We wanted to go with Allianz, but apparently they do not offer flood cover on the property, and the bank requires a full cover.
    Thanks in advance

innie89 wrote: »
    Hi Guys, 
    Any advice on the house insurance? We wanted to go with Allianz, but apparently they do not offer flood cover on the property, and the bank requires a full cover.
    Thanks in advance

We had the same issue. I will PM you

• Registered Users Posts: 17 gloria6232

Has anyone in a Heron got curtains made for the topfloor bedroom? Or used anything other than blackout blinds to block light out? Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

That's brilliant news ? How did you come about hearing this ?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

http://www.sherryfitz.ie/residential/for-sale/76271

"
    The next phase of 3 & 4 bedroom homes, "Camden" at Royal Canal Park is launching 10th & 11th February.

POA
    "

Does anyone have any prices?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

hello. can anybody recommend by PM a good window cleaning they have used? and the approximate cost to all windows (back and front), for a Heron if possible? thanks!

• Advertisement

dovetail wrote: »
    hello. can anybody recommend by PM a good window cleaning they have used? and the approximate cost to all windows (back and front), for a Heron if possible? thanks!

I'm also interested in this info.

Advertisement