Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

janeybaby wrote: »
    Hi, would anybody have the number for joules by any chance - heating has packed in.
    thanks!

just PM'ed you there. please let us know how you get on!

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

If anyone has any recommendations for a tiler and carpenter to lay laminate floors can they pls pm me the details.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

We went for one with a flat roof to reduce the overall height, and you can choose the orientation etc to suit your aspect.

Standard-Garden-Shed-Cabin-Style.jpg

The standard size is a fair bit lower than the boundary walls but a little higher than the partition wall between you and your neighbours. You can request to have it lowered, remember the bricks it sits on will raise the height a little.

You would be best to measure your walls yourself as they are not all the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Anyone on Bridge Ave try to use tesco online and not been able to find their address. They don't seem to take eircode's either. Actually I'd be interested to know if anyone on the RCP estate has tried the same.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

cronos wrote: »
    Anyone on Bridge Ave try to use tesco online and not been able to find their address. They don't seem to take eircode's either. Actually I'd be interested to know if anyone on the RCP estate has tried the same.

We have used it a few times -we called their Customer Service and they add your address manually on their system.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14 Ken c

We are buying one of the Herons on Royal Canal Avenue. I'm just trying to arrange insurance. Would anyone have the rebuild cost of these houses? Ballymore won't provide this information.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Ken c wrote: »
    We are buying one of the Herons on Royal Canal Avenue. I'm just trying to arrange insurance. Would anyone have the rebuild cost of these houses? Ballymore won't provide this information.

Should be on the valuation for your bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 mooninite1

Ken c wrote: »
    There should have been a HomeBond guarantee with your contract when you signed that included the rebuild price I believe.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mynameissinead

Hi, I was out yesterday snagging and taking some measurements in the Heron but forgot to measure the space between the master bedroom door and the ensuite door in the master bedroom (i.e. the space that had a chest of drawers in the showhouse). Does anyone have the width of this space to hand?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

167cm (including the 2*7cm door frames)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Hi,

I’m going to arrange a service for the heating system. If anyone has any contact details for someone they used I’d be very grateful for a pm.

Thanks!

nordstrom wrote: »
    Hi,

I’m going to arrange a service for the heating system. If anyone has any contact details for someone they used I’d be very grateful for a pm.

Thanks!

+1 for this. Would be great to get a group rate somewhere. Think the guys quoting 190 or something are a bit high for my liking. Any suggestions?

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Maybe of you tell them you can get 10 or more people to get the service you want 10% of the price. I would sign up for this. I guess you would need a list of people

+1 for this. Would be great to get a group rate somewhere. Think the guys quoting 190 or something are a bit high for my liking. Any suggestions?

190 every year! Thats a big strong!

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    190 every year! Thats a big strong!

I agree. I'm thinking like 60 to 80. But trying to see if anyone has had any success getting that sort of price.

I'd like to have it checked but 190 seems too steep for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

I got it done and it was €190.

He was there for a good two hours working upstairs, under the stairs and in tbe garden on the unit itself. I can't see them coming down much on their price.

The guy I went with was recommended by Joule, but I don't have his number on my new phone. When I get home this evening I will check my receipt for his contact details and post here for anyone interested

He is familiar with the area because he's serviced quite a few.

guns_healy wrote: »
    I got it done and it was €190.

He was there for a good two hours working upstairs, under the stairs and in tbe garden on the unit itself. I can't see them coming down much on their price.

The guy I went with was recommended by Joule, but I don't have his number on my new phone. When I get home this evening I will check my receipt for his contact details and post here for anyone interested

He is familiar with the area because he's serviced quite a few.

190 quid kind of eats into any savings from having an efficient heating system though.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    190 quid kind of eats into any savings from having an efficient heating system though.

I'd imagine we save more than that to be fair.

I'd also imagine a gas boiler service is over €100 these days

• Registered Users Posts: 191 ✭✭mauraf

Apologies for jumping on this thread....but just checking for opinions...

I am thinking of selling in RCP over the coming year....any recommendations on estate agents to go for/ avoid as per anyone's experience?

Appreciate any feedback!

mauraf wrote: »
    Apologies for jumping on this thread....but just checking for opinions...

I am thinking of selling in RCP over the coming year....any recommendations on estate agents to go for/ avoid as per anyone's experience?

Appreciate any feedback!

I'd imagine it would matter if it's a house or apartment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Has anybody in a Heron has their windows cleaned recently? If so, could I get their details from you please?

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rns

Hi - did anyone go to the annual general meeting last month. Was there any discussion on Virgin Media line in our area? Eir has been a bit slow of late.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

rns wrote: »
    Hi - did anyone go to the annual general meeting last month. Was there any discussion on Virgin Media line in our area? Eir has been a bit slow of late.

Thanks

I was there. It wasn't on the agenda/mentioned, but they took open questions and probably would have been able to answer it on the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Try calling into the management suite and asking.

I was there. It wasn't on the agenda/mentioned, but they took open questions and probably would have been able to answer it on the night.

Would you have a summary of what did come up on the night of importance? Would be handy if these meetings had minutes for those who couldn't attend but haven't seen anything to that effect.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Would you have a summary of what did come up on the night of importance? Would be handy if these meetings had minutes for those who couldn't attend but haven't seen anything to that effect.

Minutes might be available from the mgmt company.

They mentioned the rollout of Park by text to other areas in RCP would be happening soon.

The refuse company contract is up for renewal so they are going with a provider that will also have a brown bin.

There was some discussion about the bollards placed on the road near the pond.

The minutes of the meeting might have more info of interest that I've since forgotten.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mynameissinead

Hoping to get keys to a Heron next week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the following:

- painter
    - tiler
    - best company for TV and broadband

Thanks!

Minutes might be available from the mgmt company.

They mentioned the rollout of Park by text to other areas in RCP would be happening soon.

The refuse company contract is up for renewal so they are going with a provider that will also have a brown bin.

There was some discussion about the bollards placed on the road near the pond.

The minutes of the meeting might have more info of interest that I've since forgotten.

If anyone has these minutes already let us know please :)

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Hoping to get keys to a Heron next week and was wondering if anyone has any recommendations for the following:

- painter
    - tiler

Thanks!

There isn't much choice for broadband, same service, different companies. Vodafone, Eir and Sky. I can't comment on Sky but the feedback I have read on Eir is very bad, one complication after another, some people waiting a month or two to get hooked up after multiple frustrations and phone calls etc. We went with Vodafone, booked the appointment a week before we know we'd have the keys and were online the day they arrived and installed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

- painter
    - tiler

Thanks!

We went with eir and found them great. It took about two weeks to fully install but had no issues whatsoever.

Advertisement