Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    reading through the house contract, do we have to apply for planning permission for any kind of a shed ?

I think there was a letter sent out to all the houses that implied that you do have to. I haven't looked into it though.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

cronos wrote: »
    I think there was a letter sent out to all the houses that implied that you do have to. I haven't looked into it though.

yes, there was. I reviewed it and its legaleese. Most clauses state shed cant be higher than the fence and larger than 25sqm but in some cases 12sqm, but conditions override other conditions and i think that might be one of the conditions that prevents us having a shed.

Just interested if anyone followed the correct route to get permission for a shed or if anyone had a solicitor examine the documentation

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I think so long as it's lower then the fence and genuinely temporary you'll be fine.

Worst case scenario if there's a complaint, apply for retention.

That's the approach we've taken.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Does anyone have any recommendations for frosting on the window next to the hall door?
    If anyone has this info please let me know :)

From my research there are 3 options: water based film, sticker, or a spray paint.
    We first got the spray paint but never used it was we had a bad experience with another spray paint (smelly, messy in general and if you open the window to ventilate you get a draft that moves the direction of the paint).
    We used the water based film as I thought it's more flexible but from a close view it does not look that good. There's a lot of air that I couldn't get rid of. From afar you can't see these.
    I bought a sticker as well, but I need some time to pass before I restart this 'project'.

• Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

does anyone know if there are any future developments planned around this area?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

crby wrote: »

Yes, Camden: http://camden.royalcanalpark.com

andreionut wrote: »
    From my research there are 3 options: water based film, sticker, or a spray paint.
    We first got the spray paint but never used it was we had a bad experience with another spray paint (smelly, messy in general and if you open the window to ventilate you get a draft that moves the direction of the paint).
    We used the water based film as I thought it's more flexible but from a close view it does not look that good. There's a lot of air that I couldn't get rid of. From afar you can't see these.
    I bought a sticker as well, but I need some time to pass before I restart this 'project'.

Have a link to the sticker out of interest?

crby wrote: »

By Ballymore, Camden and another phase after camden.
    By Castlethorn, Rathbourne park (just up the road at the crescent)

Id be supprised if there wasnt at least one more im not aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

By Ballymore, Camden and another phase after camden.
    By Castlethorn, Rathbourne park (just up the road at the crescent)

Id be supprised if there wasnt at least one more im not aware of.

There's an active planning permission for the remaining vacant site in Ashtown too. 3666/16 I think.

Has anyone found any reasonably priced maintainers for the heating system?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 70 ✭✭crby

thanks guys...in the market for an apartment in 2018 and around Ashtown would be ideal. I'll keep an eye out for future developments. Congrats on getting your own places!

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Anyone else has been experiencing loud rapid clicking noises from the extractor fans when they are off and its windy outside? if so, how did you deal with them?

• Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Hi. Just wondering if anyone got flood cover with their insurance? We are being told the eircode is in a flood zone.

Im pretty sure i asked and they said there was no issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

TDs & Councillors have been doing the rounds talking about local issues.

Ruth Coppinger sent an email:
    "Royal Canal Park Train Station Following a Dail question on 5th December from Ruth Coppinger the Minister for Transport outlined that Royal Canal Park/Pelletstown Train Station will have timeframe for completion published early in the new year. Local residents in the Navan Road/Ashtown area will need to keep up pressure for delivery of this necessary transport infrastructure."

Roderic O'Gorman (Greens) also sent a letter re: RCP issues, including ramps & speeding problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 rns

Has anyone found any reasonably priced maintainers for the heating system?

Plumbing company charge 80e for the service I think. PM me know if you need their contact details

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

rns wrote: »
    Plumbing company charge 80e for the service I think. PM me know if you need their contact details

Is that the same plumbing crowd that originally plumbed the house or a different crowd? Their contact details are in the welcome pack I believe

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

Anyone else get charged for phone line installation? Original discussions with eir was that there would be no charge as it's covered as part of your monthly fees but they've now issued us with a bill for the install.

seems that park by text is being introduced to all guest spots in the new year.

management company mentioned a big drive for this is residents parking in the guest spots but leaving their own spot in their driveway empty. not sure why anyone would do this on an ongoing basis but it's ruined guest parking for everyone.

even after paying via text, 9-5 will be 3 hours max stay.

reduces the quality of the area in my eyes when guests have to pay to come over and can only stay 3 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

[HTML][/HTML]
    seems that park by text is being introduced to all guest spots in the new year.

management company mentioned a big drive for this is residents parking in the guest spots but leaving their own spot in their driveway empty. not sure why anyone would do this on an ongoing basis but it's ruined guest parking for everyone.

even after paying via text, 9-5 will be 3 hours max stay.

reduces the quality of the area in my eyes when guests have to pay to come over and can only stay 3 hours.

Yep, people were definitely doing this. It means that their designated parking spot is free for a guest. Tragedy of the commons. Most of the guest parking is occupied by residents not guests. Tbh I've noticed a lot of illegal parking of late so this is probably a good thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Does anyone know the exact legals regarding the driveway . We have one car space but obviously there is potential for another if we pave over our flower bed

In my eyes its it's crazy even asking this question as it is our own driveway but does anyone know if it can be done or has done it themselves ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Danny87 wrote: »
    Does anyone know the exact legals regarding the driveway . We have one car space but obviously there is potential for another if we pave over our flower bed

In my eyes its it's crazy even asking this question as it is our own driveway but does anyone know if it can be done or has done it themselves ?

I'm absolutely sure you can't do that.
    Your solicitor will have explained that the driveway is under the remit of the management company and I believe is not part of the freehold property.

Talk to your solicitor and the management company as first port of call.

Danny87 wrote: »

I'm absolutely sure you can't do that.
    Your solicitor will have explained that the driveway is under the remit of the management company and I believe is not part of the freehold property.

Talk to your solicitor and the management company as first port of call.

Everything is least hold, none of the properties are freehold. But even if the drive way was freehold the flower beds are not. They are the property of the management company. Even if they were not, the beds cross the property boundary so why would one property owner assume ownership of something to the point of removing that thing, when clearly it is not exclusively theirs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Manion wrote: »
    Everything is least hold, none of the properties are freehold. But even if the drive way was freehold the flower beds are not. They are the property of the management company. Even if they were not, the beds cross the property boundary so why would one property owner assume ownership of something to the point of removing that thing, when clearly it is not exclusively theirs.

Actually our solicitor pointed out that the property itself and the back garden were both free hold. Perhaps someone else can confirm but he was quite clear with us about this fact as I had enquired and he was very competent.

If anyone else can confirm please do.

Everything is least hold, none of the properties are freehold

I understood that the area of land under the house was freehold but the driveway was leasehold.

flowebeds are arranged as they are for drainage, it was in the planning application. They are not supposed to be changed.

• Registered Users Posts: 878 ✭✭✭Arbie

I understood that the area of land under the house was freehold but the driveway was leasehold.

flowebeds are arranged as they are for drainage, it was in the planning application. They are not supposed to be changed.

This is correct, our solicitor confirmed it before we bought.

I'll dig out the folio, that would be great. My solicitor was pretty useless so this could be good.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 bluemc

The ownership boundary stops at your front door. Parking space is leased from the management company as part of your management fees. If you don't keep up the payments they can lease the space to someone else. You definitely cannot modify the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

bluemc wrote: »
    The ownership boundary stops at your front door. Parking space is leased from the management company as part of your management fees. If you don't keep up the payments they can lease the space to someone else. You definitely cannot modify the area.

Not sure about this one .Sure when we bought there was an option to purchase houses with an additional space for an extra cost! We were told the space(s) you receive with the house are yours . The flower beds aren't and form part of the maintenance contract.

It certainly looks as though the flower beds are contained within the property lines and aren't shared. I was just wondering if anyone has at least considered this thought and contacted the management company about extending their driveway. Could be shot down straight away but perhaps you can pay to purchase this back to extend the driveway? It would certainly solve our issue with the new parking rules.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

When we were discussing the pricing with Sherry Fitz, they told us that we can pay the management company a one-time fee of 10k in the future for the permission to convert the flower bed into an additional parking spot. Which is one of the reasons we went with the cheaper house and use the extra money to pay down a larger portion of the house.

That said, I don't see how we'd be able to covert the flower bed now. Aside the fact that Sherry Fitz has proven to lie through their teeth at almost every opportunity, in our case the flower bed does overflow into the neighboring property, and it also contains a manhole cover, which I don't think we'd be able to pave over.

Advertisement