Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Danny87 wrote: »
    when we bought there was an option to purchase houses with an additional space for an extra cost! We were told the space(s) you receive with the house are yours .

Who told you, Sherry Fitz ? Just like they told us kitchen flooring would be included, and how they told us walls would be painted grey, or how they said the entertainment unit in the back room was only 1k extra (actually 4k), or how sheds didnt require planning permission.

Sherry Fitz knew very little about the development and i wouldnt trust anything on their word alone.

Have a look at your contract to confirm what your exact situation is.
    Defo worth a call with the management company also.

AFAIK, and this is not 100%, parking spaces are lease hold, the amount you paid per space or extra space is the lease cost. its not part of the management fees.

Let us know what you find out.

Bruncvik wrote: »
    When we were discussing the pricing with Sherry Fitz, they told us that we can pay the management company a one-time fee of 10k in the future for the permission to convert the flower bed into an additional parking spot. Which is one of the reasons we went with the cheaper house and use the extra money to pay down a larger portion of the house.

That said, I don't see how we'd be able to covert the flower bed now. Aside the fact that Sherry Fitz has proven to lie through their teeth at almost every opportunity, in our case the flower bed does overflow into the neighboring property, and it also contains a manhole cover, which I don't think we'd be able to pave over.

Sherry Fitz again, they should write fiction, they are better at it than selling houses!

If permission to pave over the garden can be granted, replacing the manhole with one flush with the paving is a relatively easy task, remember, you drive over manholes every day of the week on the roads.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Who told you, Sherry Fitz ? Just like they told us kitchen flooring would be included, and how they told us walls would be painted grey, or how they said the entertainment unit in the back room was only 1k extra (actually 4k).

Sherry Fitz knew very little about the development and i wouldnt trust anything on their word alone.

Have a look at your contract to confirm what your exact situation is.
    Defo worth a call with the management company also.

AFAIK, and this is not 100%, parking spaces are lease hold, the amount you paid per space or extra space is the lease cost. its not part of the management fees.

Let us know what you find out.

Sherry Fitz again, they should write fiction, they are better at it than selling houses!

If permission to pave over the garden can be granted, replacing the manhole with one flush with the paving is a relatively easy task, remember, you drive over manholes every day of the week on the roads.

I hear you regarding SF. A lot of lies were told

No, I believe our Lawyer told us this .The purchase price you pay for the house includes the lease for the parking spot so essentially its yours . (However I'm not sure of the duration of the this lease)

I'm in construction and to pave over the flower bed would be a relatively easy task and would not cost much at all. Manhole or not.

Ill get onto them today and let everyone know what they say.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

I hear you regarding SF. A lot of lies were told

No, I believe our Lawyer told us this .The purchase price you pay for the house includes the lease for the parking spot so essentially its yours . (However I'm not sure of the duration of the this lease)

I'm in construction and to pave over the flower bed would be a relatively easy task and would not cost much at all. Manhole or not.

Ill get onto them today and let everyone know what they say.

The original planning application had two spaces per house. DCC explicitly changed it to a mixture of two and one.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,508 ✭✭✭Manion

bluemc wrote: »
    The ownership boundary stops at your front door. Parking space is leased from the management company as part of your management fees. If you don't keep up the payments they can lease the space to someone else. You definitely cannot modify the area.

That's not true.
    Not sure about this one .Sure when we bought there was an option to purchase houses with an additional space for an extra cost! We were told the space(s) you receive with the house are yours . The flower beds aren't and form part of the maintenance contract.

It certainly looks as though the flower beds are contained within the property lines and aren't shared. I was just wondering if anyone has at least considered this thought and contacted the management company about extending their driveway. Could be shot down straight away but perhaps you can pay to purchase this back to extend the driveway? It would certainly solve our issue with the new parking rules.

Your house must be like no other if that is the case. Like out of interest have you thought about how your neighbour might feel about this?

• Registered Users Posts: 23 stenomattia

Morning all, we are thinking of adding a veranda (glass roof) to the rear of the house to cover the portion just outside the kitchen (3x3 m) to cover from rain. Basically an aluminium frame with a glass roof attached to the outside wall of the house, outside the kitchen. Has anyone looked into it or done it already? I've looked up info for eventual planning permission and it does not seem to need one (http://www.citizensinformation.ie/en/housing/planning_permission/planning_perm_altering_a_house.html), anyone have any insight into this?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

Best to ask the management company and the solicitor you worked with on the house purchase i think. Some houses have done something like that.

But then we did all get a letter from the management company about sheds and such alterations recently.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Manion wrote: »
    That's not true.

Your house must be like no other if that is the case. Like out of interest have you thought about how your neighbour might feel about this?

Must be because there are two flower beds clearly in front of any house that has one allocated space! I'm referring to the Landscape Architectural plans DWG NO: 6095-300-00! Unless they have changed ? There is clearly no flower beds in front of the houses that have two allocated spaces .The flower beds seem to act as the property boundary so if some degree of flora is maintained to this line why would the neighbour have an issue?

I'm not assuming ownership by any means ,but it would seem a bit strange to 'share' a flower bed that is within the property line of your house don't you think ?. If you are standing in this bed you would be looking directly into the sitting room of the house!

Its only a general question anyway and it looks as though the flower beds form part of some sort of biodiversity plan for the development so it is very likely to stay like that.

Thank you, I'll certainly do. Has anyone posted the content or an image of that letter? I haven't seen it and it would be a good starting point. Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 741 ✭✭✭Chumpski

I don't have it anymore, sorry.

But in short, it was a reminder that the contract states that we cant have a shed in the back that is higher than the fence, and we cant make any alterations on back or front like satellite dishes and so on. Nothing in there that was not in the contract really.

It kind of sucks a little they are strict about all this. But on the other hand we all knew what we were signing up to and the development currently does look really well, and letting people do whatever will lead it to looking kind of crap like every other housing estate.

Personally i wish they let us put up satellite dishes, failing that, get the skates on with getting Virgin media hooked up in the area.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

From what I can work out the glass roof is fine against any planning or other restrictions as it doesn't touch the ground. Every planning condition/contract condition I've looked at talks about a footprint.

We're planning to get one at some point, can see several out our back window and they look good and seem really handy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Must be because there are two flower beds clearly in front of any house that has one allocated space! I'm referring to the Landscape Architectural plans DWG NO: 6095-300-00! Unless they have changed ? There is clearly no flower beds in front of the houses that have two allocated spaces .The flower beds seem to act as the property boundary so if some degree of flora is maintained to this line why would the neighbour have an issue?

I'm not assuming ownership by any means ,but it would seem a bit strange to 'share' a flower bed that is within the property line of your house don't you think ?. If you are standing in this bed you would be looking directly into the sitting room of the house!

Its only a general question anyway and it looks as though the flower beds form part of some sort of biodiversity plan for the development so it is very likely to stay like that.

From what I observed, only Swan houses (the wide-front 3-beds) have wide enough flower beds for a second parking spot. Of those, most houses terminate directly at the street and have parking across the street.

Those Ash and Heron houses I've seen have wide enough flower beds for a second spot, but the beds overflow the width of the house, and about 1/5 or 1/4 of their width is actually in front of the neighbor's house. This is our case as well, and I wouldn't even dream about paving over my neighbor's house.

Instead of a second spot, I'd like to be able to do smaller alterations. Such as installing a bicycle storage box in the front of the house or sinking in some concrete in the flower bed, with steel fixtures for a bicycle rack. The original plans promised bicycle storage where the trash bins are now (even that space may become too tight once we get the brown bins), and I have to push my bike across the house to the backyard.

• Registered Users Posts: 18 elTenedor

elTenedor wrote: »
    Just wanted to throw it out here but is anyone in a Heron having trouble with draft through windows in the master bedroom?

Just for our neighbours who bought in feb 2017. We had munster joinery back to look at our windows and straight away they said both windows were missing caps from the middle section. They were advised during build not to fit them in case they were damaged before the house was handed over to buyer and that on final inspection, Ballymore guys would fit them. As it turns out,Ballymore were not fitting them and admitted when MJ called them, that they had done "a clear out" and thrown any caps lying around out.

Just giving you all a heads up in case any of you have the same draft issue and caps are missing - get in touch with MJ directly, they were great and quick!

Ah your basing this on drawings. The reality is clear. You do seem to be assuming that the bed is yours to pave over. Even if it was not across the property boundary it belongs to the management company.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

The management company own all lands except for the house your property is on and the back garden. The flower beds are owned and managed by the property company, homeowners have no rights over them. The parking spaces are also owned by the management company however they are leased exclusively to the homeowner for the fee payed upfront, a house with an extra space was 10k extra. I think the lease was 100 years but would need to double check.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

There was a lot of activity at around 6.30 this morning along Royal Canal Avenue in front of Compass Court South.

A man trying to climb the fence between the railway line & the canal near the lock impaled his leg on the spikes at the top of the fence. Fire brigade & ambulance attended.

I wonder how many people are crossing the canal there on a regular basis.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Arbie wrote: »
    There was a lot of activity at around 6.30 this morning along Royal Canal Avenue in front of Compass Court South.

A man trying to climb the fence between the railway line & the canal near the lock impaled his leg on the spikes at the top of the fence. Fire brigade & ambulance attended.

Show's the need for the footbridge that will come with the train station.

cronos wrote: »

shows the need for people to have a bit of cop on and common sense!

fret_wimp2 wrote: »

That also very true. But unfortunately some small percentage of people will always run risks like this in this scenario. Like very sadly happened with http://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/dad-son-tragically-found-dead-7639887

Yer man started off with his shouting around 6am. When the fire brigade showed up he was still screaming his head off at them. Muppet tbh. It's stuff like this that builds opposition to a public foot bridge.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Arbie

His mother posted the attached message on Facebook, thanking the people who responded to him and saying he was cut from the fence and needed surgery. He was lucky.

It's at least a 40-minute walk from Ashington to RCP, so although it's foolish people will still be tempted to take the shortcut. If adults do it then teenagers and children may well follow suit.

If there was a footbridge we could have avoided 2 fatalities and 1 serious injury in the past 2 years. And they're just the ones we know of. I think it's a strong argument for the footbridge.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Is anyone missing a dog?

I found a dog. He is very well cared for and his owners must be missing him.

I'm unsure of the breed, but he's brown and white and has an orange collar with no name tag.

Please PM if anyone knows the owner.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭europhile

guns_healy wrote: »
    Is anyone missing a dog?

I found a dog. He is very well cared for and his owners must be missing him.

I'm unsure of the breed, but he's brown and white and has an orange collar with no name tag.

Please PM if anyone knows the owner.

Try Twitter. It's good for lost and found dogs.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Update!

Owner now reunited with his Dog

Hi all, does anyone know the garden fence height and can anyone recommend a maker/model for a garden shed that would comply with regulations (i.e. not taller than the fence height)? We'll be moving in soon and we're shortlisting our wish list :) Thank you!

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

Hi all, does anyone know the garden fence height and can anyone recommend a maker/model for a garden shed that would comply with regulations (i.e. not taller than the fence height)? We'll be moving in soon and we're shortlisting our wish list :) Thank you!

PM sent.

Keithchap wrote: »
    PM sent.

I'd be interested in this info also.

I'd be interested in this info also.

me too please!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Hi, would anybody have the number for joules by any chance - heating has packed in.
    thanks!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 IrishGirl12

Keithchap wrote: »
    PM sent.

Can I get this info also? Thanks.

Advertisement