Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

A few people have been asked over PM for photos. There is nothing particularly private about it so I'm including some photos here.

Photo of stairs on moving in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbdxqb95c0x9870/2016-10-26%2009.30.55.jpg?dl=0

Kitchen with wall opened up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxv96dtdw702h8j/2016-10-26%2009.35.06.jpg?dl=0

Sitting room through to Kitchen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9d5naryh5661pt/2016-10-26%2009.35.18.jpg?dl=0

This is what we did with the hotpress for those interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzdu2br1eaw5u9c/2017-02-28%2016.57.53.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scqv9az9294xb5q/2017-02-28%2016.58.13.jpg?dl=0

For dinning table size we found the following website good as it outlines how much space you really need around a table.

http://www.houseplanshelper.com/dining-table-size.html

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Manion,

Thanks for the pictures, Did you sand and varnish the wooden floors up stairs?

Miss lemon

Is there a way for you to share the sketchup templates that you created?

We thought about it but decided to go for carpet to reduce noise and also we've an older dog and I had images in my head of her falling down the stairs.

Manion wrote: »
    We thought about it but decided to go for carpet to reduce noise and also we've an older dog and I had images in my head of her falling down the stairs.
    ah makes sense. 
    I've noticed the kitchen is different that what's in the showhouse?  did you choose to have a different colour kitchen? and drawers with handles?  thanks!

Yes, different colour, different finish and different handles. The counter top is different as well. We traveled out to the factory and picked out what we wanted. We picked out completely different appliances as well. The ones you get "for free" have extremely poor energy ratings and are basically just crap and as a personal thing I hate fitted microwaves so we went for a double oven instead and put the microwave in the utility.

If it wasn't for the fact that the kitchen people were so terrible at communication I'd probably be singing their praise. But it was extremely stressful dealing with them.

• Advertisement

I think you may have mentioned that a while ago.....just remembering now!  I know what you mean...it took over 10 phone calls/ emails to get any info form them about the island.  We let Ballymore know how difficult it was.
    Your kitchen looks great! Can't wait to move in at this stage!

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

We took a walk down by the site yesterday evening and looks like there was some damage done to the boat house - Windows smashed in, small bit of graffiti on the doors. Anybody know what happened here?

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

That damage has been there for a number of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Danny87

Has anyone a copy of the architectural drawings for the ash house in pdf ? The Brochure says 114m2 but i have my suspicions.

I have computer software here that can produce accurate to the mm dimensions, might be useful for people ordering floors as a double checker also

• Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Regarding Paint, anyone get Ballymore to paint it grey, like Sherry Fitz said?

I did, but I asked that during the summer. Some people are saying that there are no more options.
    FIY the grey is a dark one. They used Dulux Trade Easycare Matt - French Grey 113.

This is how it looks: https://cl.ly/1p3g0f1j3w1E
    We expected a much lighter grey.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Danny87 wrote: »
    Has anyone a copy of the architectural drawings for the ash house in pdf ? The Brochure says 114m2 but i have my suspicions.

I don't have the plans, but I noticed, for a Heron, that the area includes bathrooms and utility rooms.

andreionut wrote: »
    I don't have the plans, but I noticed, for a Heron, that the area includes bathrooms and utility rooms.

Note that in the Heron it does not include the attic storage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Did you do the hotpress work yourself? Did you do anything in the attic space with the water tank?

cronos wrote: »
    Did you do the hotpress work yourself? Did you do anything in the attic space with the water tank?

Yep, did it myself but we only did the hotpress. The rest of the house we put down hardware floors over the pine. In the attic the floor is just some chipboard. I've sealed it with polybond to keep down the white chalky dust. At some point we may put down click click flooring in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭minkey

Just an update to the damage to the Kiosk/Boathouse

This Building has be up for over a year with no noticeable damage that I could see. Only a few weeks ago the door was smashed in . It was boarded up with some wood by Ballymore . At 7.30 pm last thursday (might have been Wed) I personally witnessed some youths smashing in the wooden door and setting it alight. I only happened to see it because I was putting my daughter to bed and was closing the blinds, we called the guards who in turn called the fire brigade, but the fire was out well before the fire brigade got there . Anyway its up to Ballymore to secure it better or eventually the vandals will return and finish the job. Unfortunately there was no emergency number for the site, when the Security person for the building site arrive he said his job was only to secure the site, so I suppose this kiosk is technically not part of the site. Anyway I reckon not many people noticed the fire because I certainly would not have noticed anything had I not been looking out the window at the time. I hope it does not put of potential tenants of the building because if would be a lovely addition to the area once its in operation

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

Thanks Minkey, just hadn't noticed it before. It's not deterrent from continuing with purchase but I would have thought it was part of the current site therefore security would be keeping an eye out. I'd question over who's funding will fix this - Ballymore, developers or the residents management company?

On another note, a week or so back in the thread a number of people expressed an interest in going for the interior painted grey. At the time I mentioned that we were waiting to see if the contract had any reference to it and on Friday, we were advised that this is not stipulated anywhere in our contract. Our solicitor has put the request to Ballymore as one of the conditions on our behalf before we confirm. I would recommend if anyone else is looking for this maybe to do the same (obv if contracts haven't already been signed).

However, if you find you are not getting very far with this in the next week please PM me and I will go to Tom with a list of people looking for this option (If you have already that's no prob ) - our solicitor did mention that if a number of people are looking for it, it shouldn't be a problem whether they order the grey, white or magnolia as its all bought in bulk anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dovetail

I seen some posts recently asking how to remove the dishwasher after the floor tiles have been laid....fora Heron kitchen, depending on how the tiling was done, there might be a fix based on how the laminate flooring was done in my kitchen.  Basically the island is not fixed to the floor, so the laminate floor fitter used wedges all around the island to jack it up before letting the flooring run underneath, then he took the wedges out so that the island no sits on the laminate floor. if your tiler did something similar then you could jack up the island in the same way to create some space above the dishwasher to get it out....if the tiler just finished up to the island and did not run any tiles underneath,  then perhaps this is no a good idea as it may rupture the grout.

For those interested, I've raised the issue of the sunken manhole near the roundabout on royal canal avenue with Ballymore. They'll be sending someone to assess tomorrow with a view to resolving the issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

andreionut wrote: »
    I did, but I asked that during the summer. Some people are saying that there are no more options.
    FIY the grey is a dark one. They used Dulux Trade Easycare Matt - French Grey 113.

This is how it looks: https://cl.ly/1p3g0f1j3w1E
    We expected a much lighter grey.

This is annoying, sherry Fitz said the same Grey as the show house.

But they also said the kitchen floor tiles are included and I just noticed the kitchen floor is not in the contract. I need to find out about that Pronto.

From People Who moved in:

1.was the kitchen floor included and was it mentioned in the contract?

2. Has anyone just supplied ballymore the paint they want in the house?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

I'm 99% sure you have to tile the kitchen yourself. I don't believe it was ever included in any phase not sure why ballymore would say it's included. The bathrooms however are fully finished.

• Advertisement

slayerking wrote: »
    I'm 99% sure you have to tile the kitchen yourself. I don't believe it was ever included in any phase not sure why ballymore would say it's included. The bathrooms however are fully finished.

It wasnt Ballymore, it was Sherry Fitz, more made up rubbish.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Manion,

Thanks for the pictures, Did you sand and varnish the wooden floors up stairs?

Miss lemon

Is there a way for you to share the sketchup templates that you created?

No problem- unfortunately the file size is too big to upload directly to boards. If you PM me your e-mail address happy to send it across.

Health warning though- Its an older version of sketch-up (as we have an older operating system on the computer). I took the plans from the planning drawings and have been adjusting/ fixing a bit since then for the more up to date tender drawings received so I would check the measurements as you go. I also forgot to mirror the image before importing the CAD layouts so while it shouldn't make much impact the layouts may be the mirror image for some houses. Only the ground floor and masters bedroom are modelled (and the bedroom is very rough) but the basic drawing of the first floor may be helpful.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    It wasnt Ballymore, it was Sherry Fitz, more made up rubbish.

Kitchen is definitely not tiled.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭RandomAccess

Can anyone who purchased this year in this development and used the HTB scheme let me know how you went about signing contracts and paying the deposit.

Since January the scheme pays the rebate directly to the developer.. supposedly as part of the deposit.

While snagging were people able to get access to look around the house along with the snagger?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Nhol78 wrote: »
    While snagging were people able to get access to look around the house along with the snagger?

Yes.
    I also lined up all the measurements we needed (floors & blinds) for that week and went with them too.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Interested too please.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,294 ✭✭✭OfflerCrocGod

Yes.
    I also lined up all the measurements we needed (floors & blinds) for that week and went with them too.
    Be careful that you and your snagger don't get distracted by the people doing the measuring! If you can schedule them at different times.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Be careful that you and your snagger don't get distracted by the people doing the measuring! If you can schedule them at different times.

We're long since moved in so we're safe!

• Advertisement

A few people have been asked over PM for photos. There is nothing particularly private about it so I'm including some photos here.

Photo of stairs on moving in.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/rbdxqb95c0x9870/2016-10-26%2009.30.55.jpg?dl=0

Kitchen with wall opened up

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hxv96dtdw702h8j/2016-10-26%2009.35.06.jpg?dl=0

Sitting room through to Kitchen:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/s9d5naryh5661pt/2016-10-26%2009.35.18.jpg?dl=0

This is what we did with the hotpress for those interested.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/fzdu2br1eaw5u9c/2017-02-28%2016.57.53.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/scqv9az9294xb5q/2017-02-28%2016.58.13.jpg?dl=0

For dinning table size we found the following website good as it outlines how much space you really need around a table.

http://www.houseplanshelper.com/dining-table-size.html

The paint looks very yellow in those photos. I'm hoping that's just down to the camera or time of day. Is it that yellow in person?

Advertisement