Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

You'll get the floor plan on the planning application.
    Go to the planning part of dublin city councils website and search for planing reference 3069/14

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

ladyelle wrote: »
    €410K for the Hazel A. I guess my concern cronos is that in a few months time i'll be wishing i waited on a Heron :)

Looking at the layout they seem very similar. Only strange thing that stands out to me is having the living room on the second floor.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

The hazels are significantly narrower than the herrons.

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

ladyelle wrote: »
    €410K for the Hazel A. I guess my concern cronos is that in a few months time i'll be wishing i waited on a Heron :)

I just snagged on a Hazel A yesterday. Very happy with it! Nice to have the garage and the study. The only drawback is the living room on the second floor. PM if you want any details

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

Hazels have no windows to speak of from the back (garden) side. My personal preference would be skewed towards the Heron, but I must admit that the garage is a nice feature, especially with doors opening also into the garden.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 ladyelle

I just snagged on a Hazel A yesterday. Very happy with it! Nice to have the garage and the study. The only drawback is the living room on the second floor. PM if you want any details
    i would love details! however, i am not allowed pm as i only joined boards tonight to post here :)

• Registered Users Posts: 29 googlewhack

What would you like to know? The house is per the house type plans really!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 ladyelle

What would you like to know? The house is per the house type plans really!
    finding it hard to visualise just from the plans, especially the garage. did ya take any photos?!!
    any issues with the snagging? would you recommend the person you used?

thanks, el

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

I'm guessing it's from the previous phase . There are already some built on the west side of bridge avenue, on the canal end.

For a while I had my heart set on one, I liked that the living room was upstairs and the garage is great, what I didn't like was the family room downstairs is a bit small and also that the garage is really the only storage space.

None of the houses have everything, there is a trade off with all of them, they planned them really well in that respect. It just depends on your preferences.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Anyone get the builders/contractors to out in the floors and if so, how much did it cost?

I ask as a friend who purchased a new house in a (non ballymore) new estate had issues, where the skirting boards all had to come off to out down the floor after he got the house, with small Amounts of damage to the skirting boards. I'd like to avoid this if possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Your friend should have asked to have the skirting board only tacked on. That means it can be easily removed to lay flooring.

When it wasn't tacked on they should have left it in place and finished the floor using beading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Our solicitor still hasnt received the contracts for the last phase even though they were apparently sent out on Monday or Tuesday.
    Anyone else in the same boat?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Re Contracts -ours have not arrived yet

Anybody who has moved in to a Heron , what choices did you make on the floor and would you do anything differently now that your in ?

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Re Contracts -ours have not arrived yet

Anybody who has moved in to a Heron , what choices did you make on the floor and would you do anything differently now that your in ?

Down stairs is concrete, Upstairs are just the structural floor boards.

I am moving in at start of may and I have been in a finished Heron other than show house, Personally I am going for Manufactured wooden herringbone floor for all of downstairs and I plan on sanding an varnishing all of the other two floors.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

We got a call on Tuesday from Sherry Fitz to say our contract had been sent out that day. Then got a call from the solicitor on Wednesday to say they received and were reviewing. Might be worth getting in touch with them to confirm - they may not be issuing all for that phase in the same day.

Got a call from Sherry Fitz last Thursday, Solicitor confirmed it was received this Wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 noriordan78

Hi

Does anyone have the number for Joule which I think Jason handed around before Christmas in case of any problems? (It's not their regular office number which I have) I can't find where I put it and our heating has packed in.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5 siraff

Hi.
    We just found this thread and we're going today to see the houses for 2nd time.
    So far, Sherry Fitz people have been a bit more of a problem (each person tells us a different thing) than a solution.

Prices are going up and down depending on who we ask, availability changes overnight...

Would you have any contact number or address for Ballymore? We are not native english speakers and we also find some problems when discussing about financial or technical stuff, it would be great to get rid of intermediaries as someone suggests a few posts ago.

Thank you very much.

siraff wrote: »
    Hi.
    So far, Sherry Fitz people have been a bit more of a problem (each person tells us a different thing) than a solution.

Prices are going up and down depending on who we ask, availability changes overnight...

Would you have any contact number or address for Ballymore? We are not native english speakers and we also find some problems when discussing about financial or technical stuff, it would be great to get rid of intermediaries as someone suggests a few posts ago.

Thank you very much.

Ask for Eleanor and Nicks business cards when you are over there today.

There is nothing left from the last phases except for perhaps cancellations. Prices are probably only changing because of what might or might not have a cancellation. Different houses types are different prices depending on house type and how many bedrooms they have. They don't change the prices of individual houses.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 siraff

Hi.
    We're always asking for 3 bed houses, one particular model, and every person we talk to still gives as a different price (from 310 to 370k).

Thanks a lot for your reply, we'll try to contact these people :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Hi.
    We're always asking for 3 bed houses, one particular model, and every person we talk to still gives as a different price (from 310 to 370k).

To purchase , you have to go through sherry Fitz, thsts what they are contracted to do by ballymore. Ballymore will just direct you back to sherry Fitz if you try to bypass them.

Sherry Fitz are not very helpful, but there is little choice.

The communication issues won't be any better with ballymore, as anyone you talk to will probably be an Irish person who talks the same way with the same mannerisms of the people in sherry Fitz.

Just ask lots of questions until you are clear on what you need to know, and ask the sherry Fitz representative for their name and email address. That often will ensure you get better more accurate information, as they are now a little bit more accountable.

Hi.

I don't think they actually set the price of the houses till the phase in which they were sold. I don't believe the last phase had many 3 beds. Think they sold around the 350 mark though if there was. There was a post a few pages back that listed out the houses available and prices in the last phase. This was from someone who had queued. I wouldn't discount ones becoming available via cancellations though as that's how I got mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mynameissinead

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has the dimensions for the back room in the heron? I took down 300cm by 275cm (rough dimensions) but am now beginning to doubt myself as it feels like that is a lot bigger than the room actually looks in the show house. Thanks a mill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Hi all, just wondering if anyone has the dimensions for the back room in the heron? I took down 300cm by 275cm (rough dimensions) but am now beginning to doubt myself as it feels like that is a lot bigger than the room actually looks in the show house. Thanks a mill.

You are pretty much bang on. It's 3025mm x 2768mm. The show house does make it look much smaller though with the massive corner couch and the shelving.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 mynameissinead

slayerking wrote: »
    You are pretty much bang on. It's 3025mm x 2768mm. The show house does make it look much smaller though with the massive corner couch and the shelving.
    Great thanks a million. The couch was throwing me off - i couldn't believe it was 3 meters long!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

Hi.

Thank you very much.

You should continue dealing with Sherryfitz on price,release date and availability. Discussing these topics with Ballymore will only lead to more confusion.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beata K

Hi, I also bought Hazel type house, but it will be ready for summer. Can you tell me if island in kitchen is fixed or you can move it? Did you made any changes to the house? Any advice? Thanks

Does anyone have the full per room measurements for the Heron showhouse. While we're on the subject of measurements. Have the measurements from a neighbour on an actually built Heron. Curious to compare them to the showhouse and see how much they are shaving off.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

Trying to upload plans for Heron, to the best of my knowledge these look like the correct ones

Fixed with correct ground floor one

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 47 andreionut

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Trying to upload plans for Heron, to the best of my knowledge these look like the correct ones

These plans are more accurate than the ones found on the planning permission. They are the ones that I got when they gave us the keys. (@Nhol78: The ground floor photo is showing the first floor)

Note that some people's Herons are in a mirror like the plans above, as was the show house.

Advertisement