Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mandy662

Anyone request a different bathroom layout? Specifically in an iris?
    Wondering how much it would be?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beata K

maciektok wrote: »
    I probably prefer to send the photos via email rather than uploading them into a public forum, hope that's ok

Thanks a million for pictures!

• Registered Users Posts: 30 PhoenixRoyal

Hi all,
    Has anybody requested the bathroom or kitchen allowance? they seem to be against it. thanks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭slayerking

Did anyone manage to get anywhere with the contracts and specifying grey paint throughout?

• Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Anyone still having problems with their showers leaking out on to the skirting board?

We've tried to seal it ourselves but the problem has returned

Over time I fear the damp will rot away the bottom of the wall

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Bruncvik

guns_healy wrote: »
    I've had the same issue, also tried to fix it, and it returned. What you said is exactly what I wrote to Tom in an e-mail, and reminded him that we had a 10 year structural warranty. He sent out Jason to have a look, and they fixed it the next day Tom saw it. After a month or so, the new seal appears to be holding.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 mandy662

slayerking wrote: »
    Did anyone manage to get anywhere with the contracts and specifying grey paint throughout?

No luck yet, still waiting for ballymore's solicitor to get back to our solicitor about it.. Although nick said today there's no hope in hell of getting them to paint with grey!

I'm gona try get painters details from ballymore and ask them directly about us supplying them with the paint if all else fails. I know another poster said that the painters were reluctant about it but that's not a no..

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 390 ✭✭tradesman

guns_healy wrote: »
    Anyone still having problems with their showers leaking out on to the skirting board?

We've tried to seal it ourselves but the problem has returned

Whatever you do, don't try to fix these problems yourselves. It is the job of the builder to sort these problems out & you could be blamed for causing of making the thing worse. Leaks from shower frames is a common problem on houses I have snagged, I can safely say 1 in every 3 showers leaks!

mandy662 wrote: »
    No luck yet, still waiting for ballymore's solicitor to get back to our solicitor about it.. Although nick said today there's no hope in hell of getting them to paint with grey!

I've found Sherry Fitz in general are pretty frustrating to deal with at this stage. I also got a call from them today regarding a handful of things I pointed out to the solicitor that were absent from the contract but were promised.
    While a call confirming things is grand, its an utter waste of time when you are at contract stage, I had to explain to him I wanted these things in writing to which he wasn't too happy about. They seem to be putting the heat on regarding getting the contracts signed ASAP or you loose the kitchen appliances.

Regarding the paint, I dont think its looking good regarding getting it included in the contract. Ballymore do, in fairness, seem open to it but the problem is there may be a cost if we deviate from the white. Ballymore gave me a contact number for the painter, but I havent contacted.
    Waiting to see how the contract negotiations pan out

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

If you need more time to discuss/agree clauses in the contract, ask your solicitor to request the timeframe to be extended for the free kitchen appliances. That's what we have done and they have agreed to give us some wiggle room as they can see that its all going in the right direction. Cost wise free kitchen appliances are great but the bottom line is the contract is more important.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 41 guns_healy

Bruncvik wrote: »
    I've had the same issue, also tried to fix it, and it returned. What you said is exactly what I wrote to Tom in an e-mail, and reminded him that we had a 10 year structural warranty. He sent out Jason to have a look, and they fixed it the next day Tom saw it. After a month or so, the new seal appears to be holding.

Yeah it worked for us for a while too, but the problem is starting to rear it's head again

I'll give them a call again. The worry is the minor issues aren't being addressed unless you're persistent with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

If anyone cares to share the contract changes they are making please do...

I was discussing the HTB with our Solicitor, Ballymore were giving the impression it was nothing to do with them and that it was all up to the purchaser as the money is paid to them in the form of a tax rebate, I think it is so new to everyone there is a general lack of understanding all around. However I have researched it on revenue.ie and also called the revenue. Depending on what stage you are at the money is paid either to the contractor or the mortgage provider, if you have only paid part of your deposit the HTB refund is paid to the contractor, if you have paid the full deposit to the contractor already it is paid to the mortgage provider. If anyone else has seen it in a contract for any new development can they please share?

All the information you need is here:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html

And here:
    http://www.revenue.ie/en/tax/it/reliefs/htb/index.html#section8

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Keithchap wrote: »

I was discussing the HTB with our Solicitor, Ballymore were giving the impression it was nothing to do with them and that it was all up to the purchaser as the money is paid to them in the form of a tax rebate, I think it is so new to everyone there is a general lack of understanding all around. However I have researched it on revenue.ie and also called the revenue. Depending on what stage you are at the money is paid either to the contractor or the mortgage provider, if you have only paid part of your deposit the HTB refund is paid to the contractor, if you have paid the full deposit to the contractor already it is paid to the mortgage provider. If anyone else has seen it in a contract for any new development can they please share?

And here:

I was going through this with my solicitor today too who had a similar discussion with Ballymore solicitor.

My intention was that HTB would cover the remainder of my deposit due.

I have been advised by my solicitor as follows: 5,000 booking deposit (paid) + 15,000 (to be paid on signing). HTB then paid to Ballymore. HTB then deducted from the balanced which is paid on completion.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

I was discussing the HTB with our Solicitor, Ballymore were giving the impression it was nothing to do with them and that it was all up to the purchaser as the money is paid to them in the form of a tax rebate, I think it is so new to everyone there is a general lack of understanding all around. However I have researched it on revenue.ie and also called the revenue. Depending on what stage you are at the money is paid either to the contractor or the mortgage provider, if you have only paid part of your deposit the HTB refund is paid to the contractor, if you have paid the full deposit to the contractor already it is paid to the mortgage provider. If anyone else has seen it in a contract for any new development can they please share?

And here:

Just some heads up on my process.

Got my solicitor to get in contact with Ballymore's solicitors/also emailed them directly with my claim reference and access code and I got the my HTB claim approved today.

PS: my claim had been approved on the revenue side already.

Did any of you add anything to your contract around it?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

beartooth wrote: »
    I was going through this with my solicitor today too who had a similar discussion with Ballymore solicitor.

My intention was that HTB would cover the remainder of my deposit due.

I have been advised by my solicitor as follows: 5,000 booking deposit (paid) + 15,000 (to be paid on signing). HTB then paid to Ballymore. HTB then deducted from the balanced which is paid on completion.

This is what my solicitor has advised too, but he did mention that the scheme is new so there is no established pattern, so we will just need to keep an eye on it but it shouldnt be an issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭beartooth

Did any of you add anything to your contract around it?

I said that I wanted to add something in the contract noting the details of the HTB and my solicitor said that its not necessary. Are you adding anything?

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

I haven't added anything to the contract.

Ballymore's response letter together with revenue's confirmation that the payment was made, should do just fine if necessary. Which I don't.

So I don't think will be necessary to change the contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭nordstrom

Are any of the current residents having issues with really slow internet recently? Everything was great up until the weekend, I was getting 100Mbit/s speeds but now it's down to 10Mbit/s. I'm with Vodafone by the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

nordstrom wrote: »
    Are any of the current residents having issues with really slow internet recently? Everything was great up until the weekend, I was getting 100Mbit/s speeds but now it's down to 10Mbit/s. I'm with Vodafone by the way.

Retrieving speedtest.net configuration...
    Retrieving speedtest.net server list...
    Selecting best server based on ping...
    Hosted by Blacknight (Carlow) [73.55 km]: 14.443 ms
    Testing download speed................................................................................
    Download: 93.36 Mbit/s
    Testing upload speed....................................................................................................
    Upload: 18.80 Mbit/s

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23 IvanPogi25

beartooth wrote: »
    I said that I wanted to add something in the contract noting the details of the HTB and my solicitor said that its not necessary. Are you adding anything?

We also asked our solicitor to include the HTB in our contract. We bought Iris so we want to reduce our deposit to 5% of the property value. We are waiting response from Ballymore.

We gave our HTB application code and password to Sherry Fitzgerald and our solicitor so they can verify the amount approved in the Revenue website.

Sherry Fitzgerald said that they will send it to Ballymore so they can register the house to HTB scheme.

Dishwasher smell of sewage

Hi,

Others have complained on here about an smell in the kitchen. I can confirm that we are affect by the same thing. I was at home the other day and put on the dishwasher and there was a very noticeable smell coming from it. We normally put it on at night, so hadn't noticed.

Onto Ballymore now. Has anyone else had any success is getting this sorted?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Manion wrote: »
    Dishwasher smell of sewage

Hi,

Others have complained on here about an smell in the kitchen. I can confirm that we are affect by the same thing. I was at home the other day and put on the dishwasher and there was a very noticeable smell coming from it. We normally put it on at night, so hadn't noticed.

Onto Ballymore now. Has anyone else had any success is getting this sorted?

Is the same smell comming from any of the other drains ( sink plugholes, washing machine)?

Dish washers often smell bad either because they are only run a few times a week, giving dishes covered in food a lot of food time to start decaying and smelling, or food can get caught in the filter, with the same result.

It seems to be mainly the dishwasher. I've never experienced this before and looking online the most common cause is incorrect installation in one of a few ways. It's over the kitchen crowd now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Who have people used and how much have you paid for Alarms? Anyone very good or bad. Any specific package you might suggest.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Bandana boy

Hi all,
    Has anybody requested the bathroom or kitchen allowance? they seem to be against it. thanks!

We were told today that they would not be offering a rebate for refusing the kitchen .

cronos wrote: »
    Who have people used and how much have you paid for Alarms? Anyone very good or bad. Any specific package you might suggest.

We installed one of these ourselves where we currently live, we'll just bring it with us to the new house in RCP. Bought it on eBay. It is wireless, extendable and pretty easy to set up.

Yale also do wireless alarms as well. Super easy to install, add more devices and extend to things like sheds. You can build them up over time as well so nice and cost efficient.
    I set up a Yale HSA6400 alarm for a relative before and it works great.
    Just some things to note regarding wireless alarms - they can be susceptible to signal jamming and for self-install alarm kits, you probably wont get any benefits from an insurance company in terms of a reduced premium.

slayerking wrote: »
    Yale also do wireless alarms as well. Super easy to install, add more devices and extend to things like sheds. You can build them up over time as well so nice and cost efficient.
    I set up a Yale HSA6400 alarm for a relative before and it works great.
    Just some things to note regarding wireless alarms - they can be susceptible to signal jamming and for self-install alarm kits, you probably wont get any benefits from an insurance company in terms of a reduced premium.

There is no probably about it, they must be installed by an IS EN 50131 Installer to get any discount.

We got a wired SPC4320 IP panel. I'm unsure why people would go for wireless in Royal Canal as the house is fully wired. The is a security forum on boards.ie with a lot of information on different alarms. I spent a few days reading through that before deciding. I'm extremely happy with my decision now.

• Advertisement

Can anyone recommend a plumber to assess this sewage smell issue. Bit of a ping pong happening between Kitchen people and ballymore.

We were told today that they would not be offering a rebate for refusing the kitchen .

When we spoke to the kitchen people it was clear that the nature of their contract with ballymore was to supply and fix X number of units. That would imply that Ballymore has to pay regardless. This business of allowances was never brought up by Sherry Fitz or ballymore,. I've seen it in other development and it's always been very upfront if an allowance is available.

Advertisement