Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Development Royal Canal Park D15

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

<quote snipped >

We are having a bad experience with them too. Just trying to get a few changes and their communication is shockingly bad. I accept they might be busy but if they don't have the resources they shouldn't take the work. Our hands are tied though cause they are the provider so can't exactly give them a hard time as would worry quotes would get higher! You'd swear it was a takeaway you were ordering with how flippant the designer is on the phone.

In general though good experience so far. Particularly the electrician whose prices for changes are clear and his communication is excellent. Fingers crossed all will go to plan.

• Registered Users Posts: 133 ✭✭Nhol78

sdhway wrote: »
    We are having a bad experience with them too. Just trying to get a few changes and their communication is shockingly bad. I accept they might be busy but if they don't have the resources they shouldn't take the work. Our hands are tied though cause they are the provider so can't exactly give them a hard time as would worry quotes would get higher! You'd swear it was a takeaway you were ordering with how flippant the designer is on the phone.

In general though good experience so far. Particularly the electrician whose prices for changes are clear and his communication is excellent. Fingers crossed all will go to plan.

We had the same problem and then we complained to Ballymore and then got what we wanted very quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭fret_wimp2

Plumber & electrician were in our house on 17th Feb.
    Anyone any ideas on what this means for delivery date? Sherry Fitz said May(ish) but as its Sherry Fitz, Im inclined to believe its at best an optimistic guess.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Beata K

Can anyone tell me how many electric sockets are in kitchen, around kitchen top? Is it enough to plug toster, kettle etc?

• Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭Keithchap

<quote snipped >

I'd be interested in hearing about the kind of changes you made electrically if you don't mind.

• Advertisement

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    Plumber & electrician were in our house on 17th Feb.
    Anyone any ideas on what this means for delivery date? Sherry Fitz said May(ish) but as its Sherry Fitz, Im inclined to believe its at best an optimistic guess.

If you are on the right side of bridge avenue facing away from the Canal we have been told that snagging is at the end of March.

Nhol78 wrote: »
    If you are on the right side of bridge avenue facing away from the Canal we have been told that snagging is at the end of March.

We are, but we are one of the houses that still has scaffolding outside it. The ones nearer the canal on that side don't have scaffolding anymore.

fret_wimp2 wrote: »
    We are, but we are one of the houses that still has scaffolding outside it. The ones nearer the canal on that side don't have scaffolding anymore.

Yesterday all of the scaffolding was down.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

Based on the other side. The hazels (first houses) closed Christmas week or just after. The last houses closed maybe two weeks ago.

The first hazels on the other side are probably a month from closing. May for the last houses would be well on target. You could be snagging by late April.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 sdhway

Keithchap wrote: »
    I'd be interested in hearing about the kind of changes you made electrically if you don't mind.

No probs. Nothing major. Getting dimmer switches in bedrooms, kitchen, living room. Moved a couple of sockets in a good few rooms based on where we hope to place furniture. We are getting Ash type house. So example would be where the TV point in living room it doesn't make sense to us - the opposite side has very little space for furniture so getting these sockets, internet etc on the hall-side wall. We'll use the back 'family room' as office so wanted plugs and internet at particular point to place desks.

Got extra double socket over kitchen bench. We are having the peninsula in kitchen moved so altering light positions a bit to have one directly over table.

Move sockets in bedroom to fit particular bed.

Rj45 faceplates in living and office (learned of this requirement from previous posters).

Maybe that is a bit of stuff actually :) but as I say the electrician made things very easy so doesn't seem to be any problem.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭janeybaby

No probs. Nothing major. Getting dimmer switches in bedrooms, kitchen, living room. Moved a couple of sockets in a good few rooms based on where we hope to place furniture. We are getting Ash type house. So example would be where the TV point in living room it doesn't make sense to us - the opposite side has very little space for furniture so getting these sockets, internet etc on the hall-side wall. We'll use the back 'family room' as office so wanted plugs and internet at particular point to place desks.

Got extra double socket over kitchen bench. We are having the peninsula in kitchen moved so altering light positions a bit to have one directly over table.

Move sockets in bedroom to fit particular bed.

Rj45 faceplates in living and office (learned of this requirement from previous posters).

Maybe that is a bit of stuff actually :) but as I say the electrician made things very easy so doesn't seem to be any problem.

Did you deal with Ballymore for these changes or directly with the electrician? Would it be possible to PM the electrician contact details if you have them handy please? Would be interested in discussing some changes ourselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 summerplans

janeybaby wrote: »
    Did you deal with Ballymore for these changes or directly with the electrician? Would it be possible to PM the electrician contact details if you have them handy please? Would be interested in discussing some changes ourselves.

Could I get the electrician details pm also please - thank you

Could I get the electrician details pm also please - thank you

Would be best to give Ballymore a shout to get the electrician details. I assume they may have more than one and you want to get the chap working on your house.

• Registered Users Posts: 61 ✭✭OrdeP

How does the stairs look like when you get the house? Is pure concrete?

Thank you

• Registered Users Posts: 1,505 ✭✭✭Manion

OrdeP wrote: »
    How does the stairs look like when you get the house? Is pure concrete?

Thank you

It's a timber stairs. Painted to the sides and unpainted in the middle. Are you aware it's a wooden frame house?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,717 ✭✭✭cronos

Can I get some information about flooring from people? Just looking for prices people have paid for fitting laminate in a heron and what rooms they covered for you etc...

If it's timbered stairs, did you go for another kind of flooring? Like carpet? If you went with laminated, have you applied it on top of the existing one?

• Registered Users Posts: 21 Miss Lemon

Hey everyone,

Just wondering what size tables people are going for in the herons? Have a choice between a 1.2m extendable to 1.65m, or 1.8m extendable to 2.3m. Would like a larger table if possible but 1.8 seems impractical for everyday use, and 2.3m is definitely too big but would be handy for special occasions. Its hard to judge what size would be best. Any idea how long the showhouse table was?

Thanks

Miss Lemon wrote: »
    Hey everyone,

Just wondering what size tables people are going for in the herons? Have a choice between a 1.2m extendable to 1.65m, or 1.8m extendable to 2.3m. Would like a larger table if possible but 1.8 seems impractical for everyday use, and 2.3m is definitely too big but would be handy for special occasions. Its hard to judge what size would be best. Any idea how long the showhouse table was?

Thanks

1.80m

• Registered Users Posts: 2,671 ✭✭✭PhoenixParker

We used to hang out mostly out or in friends houses so hubby wanted a smaller table. I argued for a bigger ond and won.
    We've hosted lots of gatherings since we've had a house. Now we've got space people cone to ours. The arrival of a baby has also meant lots of parents and relatives visiting. Given you've bought a four bed house, I'm guessing you expect to have a few teenagers around your table every day in the future.

I'd get the bigger table.

Sketch up is really handy to gauge whether a certain size of furniture will work.

• Advertisement

Get the bigger table, its a big house, you will make use of it at some point & it wont be in the way.

Regarding Paint, anyone get Ballymore to paint it grey, like Sherry Fitz said?

Anyone who already moved in could recommend a good snagger and which home insurance you went with, considering some may not go ahead as is too close to the canal.

Thanks

We moved the kitchen island 1 meter down and that allowed plenty of space for a 1.8 extending to 2.3 meter table. Without that though there really wouldn't be room. The table in the show house was right against the wall.

Manion wrote: »
    We moved the kitchen island 1 meter down and that allowed plenty of space for a 1.8 extending to 2.3 meter table. Without that though there really wouldn't be room. The table in the show house was right against the wall.

Manion, are you in a Heron? How close is your island to the back door?

Is your sitting room and kitchen opened up?

I am thinking of waiting to buy a table until I move in and I get a feel for what will fit well.

Thanks for all the replies, very helpful as always. We have also been using sketchup and have done our best to model the various floor layouts. We have moved the island back 500mm so that it is 850mm from the door to the garden, and have made it smaller.

We werent sure about the large table more from the perspective of the width of the kitchen (allowing for the door to open) and the location of the cooker. Manion- does your table not come very close to the cooker or have you amended its layout?

Thanks again all :)

Nhol78 wrote: »
    Manion, are you in a Heron? How close is your island to the back door?

Is your sitting room and kitchen opened up?

I am thinking of waiting to buy a table until I move in and I get a feel for what will fit well.

Ours is the herron.

You should wait till you move in to buy. The island is 1 meter away from the door. We removed the breakfast bar as well.

We opened up the sitting room and living room and we swapped around the cooker and the fridge. With the extra space we put the table length ways. We comfortably had 7 people around the table.

Most of the time though it's just the two of us, and this layout is really good,for that.

What have people done in the traditional heron layout? Where they have not opened the wall or moved the island. What tables have you used? Any Links?

This is the table we are looking at. The smaller version of this one is actually 1400 extending to 1800.

https://www.michaelmurphy.ie/product/caravel-1-8m-ext-dining-table/

Miss Lemon wrote: »
    This is the table we are looking at. The smaller version of this one is actually 1400 extending to 1800.

https://www.michaelmurphy.ie/product/caravel-1-8m-ext-dining-table/

Spotted this one on Adverts that might be interesting.

http://www.adverts.ie/dining-tables-chairs/stunning-round-extendable-dining-kitchen-table/10689717

• Advertisement

Manion wrote: »
    Ours is the herron.

You should wait till you move in to buy. The island is 1 meter away from the door. We removed the breakfast bar as well.

We opened up the sitting room and living room and we swapped around the cooker and the fridge. With the extra space we put the table length ways. We comfortably had 7 people around the table.

Most of the time though it's just the two of us, and this layout is really good,for that.

Thanks, We have made some changes as well, We have removed the breakfast bar, We have also made the island smaller and moved it towards the door. Hopefully this will give plenty of room for a decent table.

Advertisement