Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Shedite27 wrote: »
    What's your plan for GW35? You've only 8 outfielders with a fixture. You transferring in players and then out again?

Thanks will need to revisit this again. I was mistakenly looking at WBA for 35 instead of WH.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

Ill be TC in gw34 but would have no problem benching SGW players. I've had numerous weeks where my bench has been really strong it's just the way it goes. Looking at gw 36 fixtures and the squad I'm likely to have it makes as much sense for me to BB in 36 as it does in 34. Even more so when I can TC on Sanchez in 34 rather than BB. My argument is more for future seasons the BB can be used whenever you have at least 3 bench players with good fixtures. We are where we are now so of course for most BB in 34 is the logical outcome. People held the chip thinking about a 15dgw option when in reality it's not an option. There is no point comparing your situation with some randomer that BB in a sgw you need to compare with your own situation for the 2 options.
    This is where I disagree with your reasoning. People who held on the WC were/are precisely expecting such an option. So I don't get why you don't want to compare this option with both a random SGW or this DGW with 7/8 DGWers. Because again this is exactly why most of us held on our WC that long. And now with GW35 as it is, it's not that difficult to have a strong GW35 team with even a 15 DGW34ers team!
    Aston Villa v Southampton
    Bournemouth v Chelsea
    Liverpool v Newcastle
    Man City v Stoke
    Sunderland v Arsenal
    Leicester v Swansea
    Spurs v West Brom

Now let's assume one's going for a 15 DGW34 team. Let's try and find the maximum GW35ers.
    Mignolet
    Bellerin Sagna
    KDB/Silva Ozil/Sanchez Firmino Fabregas/Pedro/Willian
    Agüero Mitrovic

2 FT if no injury/unexpected rotation. Add Alder & Kane or Fuchs & Kane and you have a very decent XI for GW35.
    Drop 1 player in midfield (e.g. Ozil) and keep Mahrez and you have a 14 DGW34ers team with an even stronger (more balanced) GW35 team.
    Or get Payet for Mahrez for 34 and vice versa for 35. Just a 4 pts hit for a strong looking GW35 team.

Now I haven't looked in detail but United GK & def, a Chelsea def, Lukaku, a WB def should make you reach 15 "easily".

In fairness, if we assume Sanchez City mid Payet Aguero Lukaku are "must haves" THE choices are your 4th and 5th mid and 3rd striker. Firmino or Sturridge? Fabregas/Pedro/Willian or Costa? Mitrovic or Wijnaldum? Keep Mahrez or go wild with 15 DGWers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

first attempted draft, opinions appreciated.

Caballero - De Gea
    Sakho - Darmian - Gabriel - Dawson - Funes Mori
    Coutinho - KDB - Wijnaldum - Ozil - Payet
    Aguero - Rashford - Sturridge

a couple of defenders there might be depending on attacking returns, but would be able to field 11 in GW35 using the two FTs, and have 11 DGW players in GW37 with at worst an 8 point hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »
    This is where I disagree with your reasoning. People who held on the WC were/are precisely expecting such an option. So I don't get why you don't want to compare this option with both a random SGW or this DGW with 7/8 DGWers. Because again this is exactly why most of us held on our WC that long. And now with GW35 as it is, it's not that difficult to have a strong GW35 team with even a 15 DGW34ers team!
    ?

It makes no sense to compare your situation with some random person.
    I have wildcarded so I have a choice do I think 34 is my best available option to BB obviously I've less of a chance to get out more than 11dgw players without hits. I think 36 could be a better option for me looking at the fixtures and the way I plan my team to go. I have no problem selling Kane and mahrez if need be. Kane had 18 pts in 6 games before the last 2 gws.
    You need to compare your situation to what your alternative is it doesn't matter what I'm doing or what some random person is doing.
    In hindsight I think a good option is to play the 1st wildcard with the BB and Aoa chip in mind.
    As I've stated before I think the ideal option is to keep your 2nd wildcard for the dgws once your reasonably happy with your team. I wasn't so played mine early. I now believe the only chip that is a must keep for a DGW is the TC and I'd be more inclined to use that in 34 on sanchez rather than a BB. Most of my thinking on this is to do with next season as we are were we are this season and none of us knew how it would play out. I get that for most of yiz 34 is the way to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Next season should also end later with no need to schedule league fixtures on FA Cup quarterfinal weekend. So we wouldn't see a bumper DGW which could mean bench boost in a SGW with favourable fixtures for your squad is better

• Advertisement

It makes no sense to compare your situation with some random person.
    I have wildcarded so I have a choice do I think 34 is my best available option to BB obviously I've less of a chance to get out more than 11dgw players without hits. I think 36 could be a better option for me looking at the fixtures and the way I plan my team to go. I have no problem selling Kane and mahrez if need be. Kane had 18 pts in 6 games before the last 2 gws.
    You need to compare your situation to what your alternative is it doesn't matter what I'm doing or what some random person is doing.
    In hindsight I think a good option is to play the 1st wildcard with the BB and Aoa chip in mind.
    As I've stated before I think the ideal option is to keep your 2nd wildcard for the dgws once your reasonably happy with your team. I wasn't so played mine early. I now believe the only chip that is a must keep for a DGW is the TC and I'd be more inclined to use that in 34 on sanchez rather than a BB. Most of my thinking on this is to do with next season as we are were we are this season and none of us knew how it would play out. I get that for most of yiz 34 is the way to go.

Again. I understand and agree with most of your post. Bar the bold part. or maybe I don't really get what you're really talking about :o...

I understand that, for example, your situation is different than mine. You're actually tracking which situations will pan out better for this season. I also get that DGW34 may not be the best BB week for you compared to me. But overall or globally I don't know how to phrase this right, why can't we compare? This game is all about comparing ourselves to the others and trying to finish ahead of most. that's why we're frantically tracking our OR progression/regression each GW.

You decided to WC early because you felt your team needed it. Were you right? Were you wrong? We don't know yet. And you'd have to try and sincerely make a similar estimation than I did for the strong front 8 to find a sensible answer to it.
    But my point is you anyway went for it and excluded a post WC DGW BB. So if you're now in a situation where you can't build a huge DGW BB team it's down to your early WC choice. I decided to hold. I may have suffered from this choice in defense where I couldn't adjust quickly enough to the performing popular cheapies. But now, I'm in a position to benefit from a hopefully gigantic 28 to 30 players BB. Will I gain more or less than I potentially lost from holding my WC that late from you or any other random player? I don't know. But comparing the whole situation makes a lot of sense to me. That's what will make my decision good or bad. I guess we're not talking about the exact same thing. I could compare with what I'd have done had I WCed early like yourself but let's be honest that'd be some hassle! You'd better have to start the season with 2 exactly identical teams, make the exact same choices up to this very one to monitor the differences between both tactics.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,427 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Caballero - De Gea

a couple of defenders there might be depending on attacking returns, but would be able to field 11 in GW35 using the two FTs, and have 11 DGW players in GW37 with at worst an 8 point hit.

I had totally forgotten about KDB, if he is back playing, he is what could spark City back into life and could see Aguero get some decent hauls.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

siblers wrote: »
    I had totally forgotten about KDB, if he is back playing, he is what could spark City back into life and could see Aguero get some decent hauls.

sssshhhhhh

• Registered Users Posts: 1,752 ✭✭✭Lights On

Caballero - De Gea

Even without having a DGW I'd be holding onto Mahrez, himself and Vardy haven't been getting super scores as of late but he looks like he could pick up double digits nearly every game.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I think my logic for BB'ing DGW37 is that at that stage I don't mind ditching the likes of Mahrez/Kane/Alli. I'd definitely prefer Lukaku/Rooney/Costa/Defoe with 3 games left rather than Aguero/Kane with 2 games left.

Tearing your team asunder in GW34 with 4 weeks to follow is too soon IMO.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Lights On wrote: »
    Even without having a DGW I'd be holding onto Mahrez, himself and Vardy haven't been getting super scores as of late but he looks like he could pick up double digits nearly every game.

it did cross my mind as there is the potential for a big score from him, especially with Southampton's defence looking increasingly leaky

but looking at recent results, four of their last 5 games have been 1-0, against Norwich, Watford, Newcastle and Palace.

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

lougal88 wrote: »
    WC is active, a week earlier than I planned but injuries to Hart and the transfer fail of Firmino has forced my hand a bit.

Current team - set up with DGWs in mind:

Mignolet(Robles)
    Bellerin Reid Smalling (Simpson Flanagan)
    Sanchez Coutinho Payet Mahrez (Alli)
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Will keep Kane (Possibly change for Rashford/Martial in 34 with FT)

Have 9 for GW35 (10 if Lukaku plays Palace)
    Could get a player in to make 11, but would rather hold for DGW37.

Have 8 DGWers for 37 currently. With the remaining 4 FTs I will get in another 4 to make 12.

Thinking Bellerin - Azpi
    Sanchez - Willian
    Aguero - Sturridge/Costa
    Alli - Lingard

Any thoughts/opinions?
    Going a bit mad on DGWs maybe but I have a lot of chasing to do!

Any advice guys?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Any advice guys?

Very nice! Everton wouldn't be nailed on for many clean sheets but Robles is so cheap and at least one more dgw you can't really go wrong. I suppose Flani will have to be monitored. If you want an extra dgwer Lanzini or Antonio could be an option. But I can't really fault it. The extra week would've been nice to monitor gametime etc but needs must I suppose and as of now it looks great imo. Team value must be pretty big?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Very nice! Everton wouldn't be nailed on for many clean sheets but Robles is so cheap and at least one more dgw you can't really go wrong. I suppose Flani will have to be monitored. If you want an extra dgwer Lanzini or Antonio could be an option. But I can't really fault it. The extra week would've been nice to monitor gametime etc but needs must I suppose and as of now it looks great imo. Team value must be pretty big?

Yeah its practically down to him or Ruddy due to the funds being spent elsewhere. Mignolet will have to be used pretty much every GW.
    Are you a Liverpool fan? Flanagan seems to have impressed Klopp recently?

Don't want to overdo West Ham with the GW35 blank though.
    The short turn around time may mean a few hits to get enough GW37 doublers but sure feck it!

Have some big hitters in there still. TV is 109m. 0.3 itb.

Have decided to TC in 34 so as long as I have 11 starters.
    Prob go Sanchez for it or Payet

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Yeah its practically down to him or Ruddy due to the funds being spent elsewhere. Mignolet will have to be used pretty much every GW.
    Are you a Liverpool fan? Flanagan seems to have impressed Klopp recently?

Don't want to overdo West Ham with the GW35 blank though.
    The short turn around time may mean a few hits to get enough GW37 doublers but sure feck it!

Have some big hitters in there still. TV is 109m. 0.3 itb.

Have decided to TC in 34 so as long as I have 11 starters.
    Prob go Sanchez for it or Payet

Yeah will likely get Mig myself for dgw:) Nah not a pool fan, far from it :P Yeah fair enough Alli will probably outscore him anyway but just there as an option. Really nice team though all the popular picks are there anyway. I'm about 1.5m off it with 109.2 overall value haha

Originally I had planned to Wildcard in GW33, but I've compared my likely post Wildcard and current team and looking at GW32 fixtures. Excluding my common players, am I correct in thinking my wildcard team is better for BW32?

Don't Wildcard
    Forster (Leicester A)
    Alderweireld (Liverpool A)
    Arnie (Swansea H)
    Vardy (Southampton H)
    Kane (Liverpool A)

Wildcard
    DDG (Everton H)
    Cresswell (Palace H)
    Sanchez (Watford H)
    Firmino/Coutino (Spurs H)
    Lukaku ( Man Utd A)

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Originally I had planned to Wildcard in GW33, but I've compared my likely post Wildcard and current team and looking at GW32 fixtures. Excluding my common players, am I correct in thinking my wildcard team is better for BW32?

Don't Wildcard
    Forster (Leicester A)
    Arnie (Swansea H)
    Vardy (Southampton H)
    Kane (Liverpool A)

Wildcard
    DDG (Everton H)
    Cresswell (Palace H)
    Sanchez (Watford H)
    Lukaku ( Man Utd A)

I found myself in the same situation once I was going through a WC team. Figured it to be a good bit better for GW32 and about the same for GW33 and it allows you an extra transfer in case something changes (injury/suspension etc). I brought in Butland for the rise and unless something super crazy happens will fire up the WC shortly.

Don't Wildcard
    Forster (Leicester A)
    Arnie (Swansea H)
    Vardy (Southampton H)
    Kane (Liverpool A)

Wildcard
    DDG (Everton H)
    Cresswell (Palace H)
    Sanchez (Watford H)
    Lukaku ( Man Utd A)

I'm considering Arnie as my 1 week punt :pac:. Swans safe, could be totally off it like Bournemouth were, and Arnie great stats. I'd also rather keep Vardy and Kane another week (possibly longer for Kane).
    We also don't know ManU-West Ham FA Cup replay and Everton-Palace dates

I'm considering Arnie as my 1 week punt :pac:. Swans safe, could be totally off it like Bournemouth were, and Arnie great stats. I'd also rather keep Vardy and Kane another week (possibly longer for Kane).
    We also don't know ManU-West Ham FA Cup replay and Everton-Palace dates
    The replay was announced Apr 6

The replay was announced Apr 6

It's looking likely and West Ham even jumped the gun by putting it on website briefly last Friday, but I think the delay in official confirmation is UEFA kicking up a storm about it clashing with PSG-Man City. GW33 wildcard would allow us to know winner in that case with ManU win probably worse for rotation in DGW34 than a West Ham one

• Advertisement

It's looking likely and West Ham even jumped the gun by putting it on website briefly last Friday, but I think the delay in official confirmation is UEFA kicking up a storm about it clashing with PSG-Man City. GW33 wildcard would allow us to know winner in that case with ManU win probably worse for rotation in DGW34 than a West Ham one

Didn't realise it wasn't officially confirmed.

Didn't realise it wasn't officially confirmed.

Just confirmed
    Weds 13th April

km79 wrote: »
    Just confirmed
    Weds 13th April

At least ManU are still in top 4 race so they should play strong lineup against Villa on 16 April regardless of if replay goes to extra time or not

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I'm considering Arnie as my 1 week punt :pac:. Swans safe, could be totally off it like Bournemouth were, and Arnie great stats.

Nice shout possibly. I was going to sell Arnie for Payet but my do Siggy out instead.

FHFC wrote: »
    Nice shout possibly. I was going to sell Arnie for Payet but my do Siggy out instead.

100% Siggy out play Arnie for me
    Arnie out then the following week or week after depending on other transfers

Bit of a cock up by WH all round, they sold the tickets for the 6th, and now it's moved to the 13th!

But yeah, not knowing Everton/Palace date is a problem, if that goes in GW35 too it would make their players more attractive.

Bit of a cock up by WH all round, they sold the tickets for the 6th, and now it's moved to the 13th!

But yeah, not knowing Everton/Palace date is a problem, if that goes in GW35 too it would make their players more attractive.

Everton/Palace being in gw35 would really help as I have already wilcard active this week.

Otherwise it'll be a 3rd double gw for Everton right?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

km79 wrote: »
    Just confirmed
    Weds 13th April

Fupp in hell.
    Booked 7th - 9th off work thinking 6th was replay date.

Have to cancel and hopefully get 13th - 16th off.

At least ManU are still in top 4 race so they should play strong lineup against Villa on 16 April regardless of if replay goes to extra time or not
    Ditto WH (with regards to DGW34)!
    Lukaku seems like a given. Then even if they do have a fixture in 35, I feel there are better options.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭Colking

Still toying with WC this week

Current team:

Forster Hennessey
    Wollscheid Bellerín Simpson Targett Fonte
    Alli Silva Sigurdsson Firmino Mahrez
    Kane Agüero Vardy

What would your thoughts/opinions be on this potential WC team (0.7 ITB afterwards) :

de Gea Mignolet
    Clyne Bellerín Simpson Dawson Smalling
    Alli Payet Sánchez Firmino Antonio
    Kane Agüero Lukaku

Bold = DGW 34 (12)
    Underline = 35 (10)
    Blue = DGW 37 (8)

Alli, Mahrez and Kane are the players that I'm more reluctant to part with. (Only Kane and Alli have much value built up)

Antonio is up in the air a bit, I could also look at Emre Can maybe from Liverpool which would leave you with 11 players for 35 and 9 for 37

The premium keeper of De Gea and the premium price of Smalling is swallowing a lot of cash and perhaps too much.

Lots of decisions to make ;)

Advertisement