Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Double Gameweek Planning

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 48,186 ✭✭✭✭km79

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Soooooooo......a very sobering GW for anyone considering WC in 33 and field 15 DGW players.

I'd find it very hard to let go of any of Mahrez, Alli, Alderweireld or Kane so looking at a max of 11 I reckon.

Liverpool were all over the shop today...Sturridge might be worth a punt but very risky and expensive . Origi won't get enough gametime or returns either to warrant a spot and now that 4th place is off the cards again I'd imagine that coutinho and Firminio will be well minded ahead of the Dortmund games.
    Yes that's it in a nutshell
    I am even beginning to regret getting lukaku in for vardy
    If I had not had to use a transfer I wouldn't have got him in this week and having seen them on Saturday probably not at all

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

The BB chip bonanza for dgws is likely to be fairly dissapointing. I honestly don't think I'll bother playing it in a dgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,694 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Best thing to come out of today games is that both City and Utd still have loads to play for as 4th spot is crucial for new managers next season.

DDG and Aguero are well worth using for 34 with City defence a no no really.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,806 ✭✭✭q2ice

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Soooooooo......a very sobering GW for anyone considering WC in 33 and field 15 DGW players.

I'd find it very hard to let go of any of Mahrez, Alli, Alderweireld or Kane so looking at a max of 11 I reckon.

Liverpool were all over the shop today...Sturridge might be worth a punt but very risky and expensive . Origi won't get enough gametime or returns either to warrant a spot and now that 4th place is off the cards again I'd imagine that coutinho and Firminio will be well minded ahead of the Dortmund games.

Why would you think about 15 DGW players? Bench boost? I thought the common tactic is to use the TC in a DGW.

I have 9 DGW players and am not getting more as it would mean getting rid of one of: Alderweireld, Alli, Kane, Mahrez, Vardy
    Something I am definitely not doing. May consider swapping some of the DGW players but not the five mentioned.

Only transfers I have made since GW11 (wildcard) were either around the same position or to freshen up the bench. I have had the same 9 players since then and they helped me move from 2.9 million overall to 225k. May not seem like much but I closed a 200+ points gap in my private league to move to second - 60 points behind.

Was looking forward to the DGW for ages but it feels kinda deflated after this week. Although there are still two gameweeks to go before gameweek 34. Throw in an international break and you may see a turn in form for some teams.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

I personally think you are all underestimating DGWs on the back of a bad gameweek or 2 for relevant teams. Regardless of their form, they still get two games and makes complete sense to use BB for it. Won't have to worry about Kane etc getting double figures then and still be able to field plenty of dgwers. With 180 mins to score points rather than 90 it's highly likely they'll outscore single gwers. Remember the QPR dgw a couple of seasons back where Phillips got a load of points which many people had wrote off.

• Advertisement

stephenl15 wrote: »
    I personally think you are all underestimating DGWs on the back of a bad gameweek or 2 for relevant teams. Regardless of their form, they still get two games and makes complete sense to use BB for it. Won't have to worry about Kane etc getting double figures then and still be able to field plenty of dgwers. With 180 mins to score points rather than 90 it's highly likely they'll outscore single gwers. Remember the QPR dgw a couple of seasons back where Phillips got a load of points which many people had wrote off.

What about the week after when Spurs are home to west brom .......

km79 wrote: »

Yeah doesn't mean you have to sell them all, plus you can have 2 transfers saved to buy people back for 35. I dunno I think everyone is overreacting a little :D

I think he is talking about Kane as your bench player and playing BB.

Yeah doesn't mean you have to sell them all, plus you can have 2 transfers saved to buy people back for 35. I dunno I think everyone is overreacting a little :D

Haha I think you are right !

Haha I think you are right !

To each their own anyway. These chips are new territory for all of us so who knows what way it's gonna work out :P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

That was last season so fresh in plenty of minds. But the season before I recall double gameweek damp squibs. Remember Aguero injured 20 odd mins into game 1. I remember being outscored by many causal teams with no clue the DGWs existed.

You can increase the odds of a big score by having a good player in a form team for 2 games rather than 1 for sure. But I don't like the way its shaping up towards putting in average players, or good players from out of form teams or teams whose league season is over just for the extra 90 mins.

I'll be having a break to get over my what ifs this last 2 GWs then putting together a DGW34 team with maybe only 11 or 12 doubles focused on West Ham and Arsenal most likely. Welbeck ahoy!!

You are right about BB having to be played in the DGW though, especially if you have a WC. Keep in the hot SGW players and still roll the dice on 10 or 11 hand picked doublers with good fixtures.

And if course like many things in this game theres a huge degree of luck in hiw a DGW plays out. I fear it will break the hearts of some hardcore players though if we get hung up on volume of DGW players and drop Kane and the gang.

I think people have overestimated the boost they will get from a dgw BB. Anyone that played it in a normal gw also got 4 extra players. You need to have at least 12 dgw players to get an edge over these people . People will think it was great because they should outscore the non BB people but won't factor in the time the sgw people played their BB and had an edge on them. If you have a wildcard and play bb in 34 with 11dgw players and then play mahrez and Leicester Def at home to west ham and Kane and alli away to stoke are you really getting the ideal fixtures to play it from your bench players.

FHFC wrote: »
    That was last season so fresh in plenty of minds. But the season before I recall double gameweek damp squibs. Remember Aguero injured 20 odd mins into game 1. I remember being outscored by many causal teams with no clue the DGWs existed.

You can increase the odds of a big score by having a good player in a form team for 2 games rather than 1 for sure. But I don't like the way its shaping up towards putting in average players, or good players from out of form teams or teams whose league season is over just for the extra 90 mins.

I'll be having a break to get over my what ifs this last 2 GWs then putting together a DGW34 team with maybe only 11 or 12 doubles focused on West Ham and Arsenal most likely. Welbeck ahoy!!

You are right about BB having to be played in the DGW though, especially if you have a WC. Keep in the hot SGW players and still roll the dice on 10 or 11 hand picked doublers with good fixtures.

And if course like many things in this game theres a huge degree of luck in hiw a DGW plays out. I fear it will break the hearts of some hardcore players though if we get hung up on volume of DGW players and drop Kane and the gang.

Yeah who knows how it'll turn out. It's up to each person how they approach it. But it'll a lot more exciting if you do attack the dgw with 9-10 dgwers rather than saving the chip and playing conservatively with Leicester Spurs players etc meaning there's only a limited no of dgw spots.

Initially when the fixtures came out I was looking at a front 3 of Lukaku Martial Kun and a full defence/gk of dgwers. Basically only Mahrez with a sgw. So I'll definitely be steering away from that but I'll still be hoping for 10-11 dgwers and bench boosting with Kane and a couple more still in my team.

I'd say 5 or so dgwers was the most I've had before s I'm looking forward to 34.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

I think people have overestimated the boost they will get from a dgw BB. Anyone that played it in a normal gw also got 4 extra players. You need to have at least 12 dgw players to get an edge over these people . People will think it was great because they should outscore the non BB people but won't factor in the time the sgw people played their BB and had an edge on them. If you have a wildcard and play bb in 34 with 11dgw players and then play mahrez and Leicester Def at home to west ham and Kane and alli away to stoke are you really getting the ideal fixtures to play it from your bench players.

I was thinking along these lines too, and if I could go back I would have used it earlier in the season when my entire 15 had good fixtures. (around GW9 or 10 I think)
    However, with so few weeks left, I think gw34 is probably the best week left to use it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Torricelli

The BB chip bonanza for dgws is likely to be fairly dissapointing. I honestly don't think I'll bother playing it in a dgw.

This would be foolish, IMO. You will lose serious ground if the DGW BB goes anyway well.

United's defence looks like a decent option along with Defoe. It was a bad GW for the DGW teams but as this season has shown, anything is possible.

I more worried about the TC, there's no stand out attackers at the moment.

Torricelli wrote: »
    This would be foolish, IMO. You will lose serious ground if the DGW BB goes anyway well.

United's defence looks like a decent option along with Defoe. It was a bad GW for the DGW teams but as this season has shown, anything is possible.

I more worried about the TC, there's no stand out attackers at the moment.

I'd still have a BB in another week if I decide to go down that route. 10 dgw in 34 with 1 sgw player and a TC. Gw 36 maybe the week I BB.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,389 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I've read this a few times and can't figure it out.

Where does the 12 come into it?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Haven't kept much interest in the DGW's - i know whose playing etc, but what are the chances of Everton having a triple GW in GW37?

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Haven't kept much interest in the DGW's - i know whose playing etc, but what are the chances of Everton having a triple GW in GW37?

I wouldn't be very much in the know about this but between here and FFS the consensus seem to be that it's only a slim chance

• Registered Users Posts: 14,262 ✭✭✭✭SteelyDanJalapeno

Any interest in WC this week in anticipation?

• Advertisement

Shedite27 wrote: »
    I've read this a few times and can't figure it out.

Where does the 12 come into it?

Anyone playing bb in a sgw gets 4 extra players. If you play bb in a dgw with 11 dgw players you only get 4 extra players. If you play bb with 12 dgw players you get 4 extra players but 1 of those plays twice so you in effect get 5 extra players which gives you an advantage of 1 player over those that played the bb in a sgw. Anyone that plays BB in a dgw with 15 dgw players gets 4 extra players playing twice which would be an advantage of 4 extra players the maximum return.
    Playing a BB in a dgw with 11 or less players gives you no extra boost over those that played BB in a sgw.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Playing a BB in a dgw with 11 or less players gives you no extra boost over those that played BB in a sgw.

15 players X 2 games = 30 potential scores

+ 11 = 41

11 players X 2 game = 22 potential scores

+ 15 X 1 = 37

Ahh..,,, I see know !!! Well spotted

Anyone playing bb in a sgw gets 4 extra players. If you play bb in a dgw with 11 dgw players you only get 4 extra players. If you play bb with 12 dgw players you get 4 extra players but 1 of those plays twice so you in effect get 5 extra players which gives you an advantage of 1 player over those that played the bb in a sgw. Anyone that plays BB in a dgw with 15 dgw players gets 4 extra players playing twice which would be an advantage of 4 extra players the maximum return.

But the point is you don't have to risk missing out on a big score by your popular sgw players while still maximising your potential points with double gameweekers. It allows you to make the most of the double more so than would've been possible in previous seasons.

Its not quite as simple as that though. In a pure numbers game yes. But this is FPL not Maths.

In the world before Bench Boost having 11 DGW players was a pipe dream. Never mind the ripping apart your team, you'd have had to take a huge risk and bench or sell key, high ownership, form players just for the crime of only having a SGW. The effect of that is that without BB you'd be mad to play 11 DGW players for a DGW. It wouldn't happen.

So back to your example. Player 1 plays BB in a SGW and so gets 4 extra players. Player 2 plays BB in a DGW with 11 DGWers gets 4 extra players. BUT how many DGW players did Player 1 field in the actual DGW?? I'll bet it was nowhere near 11. Say it was 7 (a heck of a turnout in the pre chip DGW days). So by utilising BB to field 11 DGWers in the DGW Player 2 has gained another 4 players on Player 1. Lost yet?? :)

Thats still not the be all and end all. But i think its makes a clear argument that the best use of BB is in a DGW to allow more (nowhere near 15 but more) double players than otherwise while not dropping key SGW players who, if they score well, would cancel out all your gains from your double lads due to their ownership. In your case if you dont BB in GW34 will you really still go for as many DGW players in place of Kane, Mahrez etc as you would if BBing?

If nothing else having 10 or 11 doubles rather than 7 increases your chance of hitting on the one DGW players who does go nuts (Phillips/Benteke of last year).

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

FHFC wrote: »

Wasn't the equivalent of DGW34 in 13/14 the bonanza DGW with Suarez and Yaya hat tricks, 150 pts red arrows? The Aguero injury one was still profitable if you had Dzeko 20+ pointer. I've only been playing seriously for 2 years but I've seen the power of them. I highly doubt I'll go full out with 15 since it will be tough having a good GW35 squad but I won't have any trouble dumping the likes of Vardy or Alli or Fuchs. They're solid players with good returns this season but they aren't captaincy choices like Mahrez or Kane that can burn you bad the rest of the season.

Wasn't the equivalent of DGW34 in 13/14 the bonanza DGW with Suarez and Yaya hat tricks, 150 pts red arrows? The Aguero injury one was still profitable if you had Dzeko 20+ pointer. I've only been playing seriously for 2 years but I've seen the power of them. I highly doubt I'll go full out with 15 since it will be tough having a good GW35 squad but I won't have any trouble dumping the likes of Vardy or Alli or Fuchs. They're solid players with good returns this season but they aren't captaincy choices like Mahrez or Kane that can burn you bad the rest of the season.

Analysing the DGW returns of popular players the last 3 seasons. If ever there was a job for Iroced!! :)

Yeah they (DGWs) can be explosive but like the rest if this stupid game you need the right players and a bit of luck. Agree about Alli, Fuchs and Vardy. But depends who you are replacing them with. Liverpool and Everton are serious trolls.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If my players are going to disappoint me then I'd rather they did it twice!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

If my players are going to disappoint me then I'd rather they did it twice!

That should definitely be in the GW34 thread title :D

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

It really is getting to the stage now where I'm questioning whether I'd rather have the likes of Spurs and Leicester players for example for 1 game as opposed to the vast majority of others for 2. I was going to make plenty of transfers with the DGW in mind (around 9 players was the aim) but at this stage I won't be killing myself to do it.

I'd gladly just free transfer my way to 6 or 7 DGW's now with the others from motivated, in-form teams like the aforementioned and leave it at that.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Shedite27 wrote: »
    First go at my Wildcard/DD/TC draft. Think I'll go the opposite way from FHFC's strategy, using TC in GW34 and BB in GW37

DGW34
    I'll pick 11 from the following (doubles in bold)
    DDG Mignolet
    Azpilicueta Jamnaat PVA Reid Clyne
    Mahrez Ozil Payet Firmino Alli
    Augero Lukaku Martial
    Triple Captain choice of Martial (VIL, PAL), Payet (lei, WAT), Aguero (che, new) or Ozil (PAL, WBA)

GW35
    1 transfer (Defoe* in for Martial) leave me with 11 players...
    Mignolet
    Azpilicueta Jamnaat PVA Clyne
    Mahrez Ozil Firmino Alli
    Augero Defoe
    (4 non-playing subs)

GW36/DGW37
    I'll use 2FT's and then take a -4, which will bring me to 14 DGW players for the bench boost in DGW37 (doubles in bold)....
    DDG Mignolet
    Azpilicueta Rojo PVA Reid Clyne
    Mahrez Barkley Payet Firmino Oscar
    Rooney Lukaku Defoe

GW38
    Plenty of money on the last day for some punts, could bring back in Aguero and Sanchez for a -4

I'm not completely convinced with Defoe but he has the fixtures and there's loads for Sunderland to play for

Doing something similar with Wildcard GW 33

Unsure of TC on Payet or Martial/Rashford
    Also tempted by Sanchez TC

Advertisement