Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Options

Comments

lougal88 wrote: »
    Any advice or opinions on this guys?
    Or am I just making mindless changes?

If you're getting rid of a defender I'd look no further than Sagna as Zabaleta is first choice.

You are right to be getting in Everton cover and I'd suggest Mirallas in addition to Lukaku.

After they play Chelsea I think Arsenal have a decent run so maybe downgrade Ozil to Ramsey which leaves you with cover there.

If you're making me choose one option I'd go for option 3 but with Mirallas as your midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

lougal88 wrote: »
    Any advice or opinions on this guys?
    Or am I just making mindless changes?

Roll the transfer? Lukaku isn't likely to rise in value and the cup finalists will be known. I've 2 FTs but will roll one. Iroced said it very well earlier wrt D transfers and most everything else imo.
    I feel patience and rolling over a transfer is the way to go this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Thanks as ever iroced! Not been on here much all week with all the technical issues allowing real life to get in the way, but insofar as i have considered it have come to much the same conclusions.

Goingto monitor the gks, leave defence and attack well alone and make a mid transfer this week.

As far as your mids analysis goes what about Firmino. He's probably my preferred option, especially with a possible DGW25. I also agree on Mahrez, its early to get rid, and especially as I had him GW1 - call it nostalgia, but also with a definite GW30 fixture.

So who to sell. Payet stays. That leaves Ozil, Arnie and Alli. Alli stays too I think, if onlyto facilitate benching Mahrez where required till he wakes up again.

I'm wary of selling Ozil just yet too, just look at his points before 2 weeks ago.

I always intended selling Arnie now, but a slight thought of a possible DGW25 for him too - or is that completely over thinking it! Switching a Stoke player to a Pool player would certainly leave me in no doubt who I support in the League Cup semi!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

CSF wrote: »
    Does Ozil need to maintain his rate to outscore the Ramsey and most of the rest though?

I'm not suggesting he's going to get another 16 assists from here on out but has much changed to suggest he won't keep putting together good output though?

I think Ramsey will outscore Ozil from the CM position and it seems like he's even stealing a few corners
    dahat wrote: »
    Have you plans to double up with Sanchez?

Quite likely to go tje Rambo + Sanchez route myself, Ozil has likely reached his peak in returns and price imo.

Not sure I'll jump on Sanchez right away, but I also didn't jump on Aguero this time around and got burned. If Arsenal have a DGW then I'll definitely get him

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    I always intended selling Arnie now, but a slight thought of a possible DGW25 for him too - or is that completely over thinking it! Switching a Stoke player to a Pool player would certainly leave me in no doubt who I support in the League Cup semi!
    Ah I'm completely lost with DGWs and blanks. Need to have a thorough look at the fixture spreadsheet someone posted some time ago in here.

If you want to make up your mind based on this upcoming blank/DGW, then you may be better off waiting for this LC return game and make your move next GW ;).

• Advertisement

iroced wrote: »
    Ah I'm completely lost with DGWs and blanks. Need to have a thorough look at the fixture spreadsheet someone posted some time ago in here.

If you want to make up your mind based on this upcoming blank/DGW, then you may be better off waiting for this LC return game and make your move next GW ;).

2fts this week. Need to use 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

FHFC wrote: »
    2fts this week. Need to use 1.
    Ah. Well, you don't HAVE to. One less transfer by GW38 can mean a couple 100s or 1000s positions up in your overall rank ;).

But if you don't want to "waste" a transfer, you could change McCarthy. Or Courtois. But it's kinda the same conundrum than Arnie. The upcoming blanks/DGWs are bound to affect our next moves.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Any Saints fans ?

Or does anybody know, with authority, why Targett has been getting a run ? Was it simply to replace Tadic who should be match fit now ?

He's played the last 3 and they've won 2 of those. Would be the easiest decision ever, to get him in now, if he was going to stay in the team.

Southampton fan here.

A few things seem to have been happened to allow Targett back in.

The last 2 league matches there has been 5 at the back, with Targett playing as an attacking wing back. Almost Left Mf against Watford. Targett played in cup match but it was a much changed team.

Bertrand has been playing as part of 3 man CB and stated in an interview he is happy with change in position(Watford/WBA games).

Could be a complete change in formation going forward, especially as it's 2 wins in a row and Targett has played very well, was very unlucky not to score against WBA, with a shot cleared off the line by McClean.

But;

Pelle has been injured, so Long is up front as a striker.
    Pelle is near fit and Charlie Austin arrival should either move Long further back or Tadic into the team.

long term I can't see Targett keeping his place unless there is a consistent change to 5 at the back. (Man Utd. and Arsenal next 2 games, so I'd imagine they'll play more defensively in these games so Targett may be there for those anyway).

After the Arsenal game they have a very nice run until GW36 so I'm monitoring the defence for the next 2 weeks with a view to getting someone in. More than likely I'll go for Cedric as my 4th DF, and if Targett continues to play I'll look at him then. If he's till starting at GW25-26 he'll be hard to ignore.

I wouldn't rush to get Targett in unless you're on a wildcard and you'd be happy to have him as a non-playing 5th Defender in a few weeks should he get dropped, or as an enabler to free up funds for elsewhere.

Ah. Well, you don't HAVE to. One less transfer by GW38 can mean a couple 100s or 1000s positions up in your overall rank ;).

But if you don't want to "waste" a transfer, you could change McCarthy. Or Courtois. But it's kinda the same conundrum than Arnie. The upcoming blanks/DGWs are bound to affect our next moves.

Yeah Busts already suggested the keeper move. Elliot with a match in GW30 would be a sensible move.

But I feel like an attacking move. Firmino, Silva or Mirallas (who Martinez healed praise on this morning in his presser) could get nice differential points this week.

Hope to have a good look at dgw scenarios later on and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,665 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Barkley to Mirallas worth it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Right. I had typed in this long post just before the forum crashed...

Felt I'd just throw it there. It'll be quite out of context but hopefully it'll be helpful enough to some of you ;).

Everyone who's doing well this week has 50% of his pts courtesy to Kun bar the lucky Daniels owners. So no worries there.

To me the only pb of your team is the lack of Arsenal attacker. So out of your 4 propositions, I'd definitely do 3).

In a bit more details, are you really happy with your GKs combo? They don't rotate that well and that's a lot of money there, something like £0.5-1.0m "wasted". If you plan on getting Sanchez in at some point this money could become important.

Then Maybe Dann is a bit too dear for a Palace def. Depends on how you play him though. For his price I'd start him every week bar just a couple of exceptions (e.g. last GW). Anyway, with 3 home games in their next 4, it's far from a priority to get rid of Dann.

Same goes for Wollscheid. After their next 2 away games, they'll also have 3 home in 4. At his price and as long as he's a guaranteed starter and Stoke are back keeping CS, he's a season keeper for me.

Then Toby is the current "best" FPL def in the game. And Nyom is good enough to play at home (6 CS out of 11 games at home).

So the only thing you could do is a long-term move using current form: Fonte to Targett saving potentialy £1.6m in the process and using the latter as your 5th def bench fodder. Saints have tough fixtures coming so you'd probably not play Fonte anyway. 1 condition at least though : you don't plan in using your BB in the near future.

Cheers :D

Actually my Palace defender is Delaney not Dann - have held on to him.

I did Nyom to Simpson there a couple of days ago (saving c.0.7m)....tempted to make a couple of more changes but nothing worth taking hits for yet......

.....but the yellow flag on Arnie and the fact his form has dipped means I might get rid for Rambo before tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Will prob bank it, mainly because the fixtures are a bit weird.

Midfield needs a bit of work (Ozil / Mahrez / Willian / Payet / Gosling) and I've nearly 4m ITB.

Planning somethng like Ozil -> Sanchez and Willian -> Erikson or Oscar but will prob leave it til next week (and prob will completely change my mind by then..)

• Registered Users Posts: 711 ✭✭✭loadwire

Will prob bank it, mainly because the fixtures are a bit weird.

Midfield needs a bit of work (Ozil / Mahrez / Willian / Payet / Gosling) and I've nearly 4m ITB.

Planning somethng like Ozil -> Sanchez and Willian -> Erikson or Oscar but will prob leave it til next week (and prob will completely change my mind by then..)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Thought I'd let you lads know that I'm going to the Watford-Newcastle game tomorrow. Been over twice this season, both times I've seen Ighalo score twice and get a 13 pointer (Newcastle away and West Ham home) and he was in my team.

I sold him 2 weeks ago for Sergio. I'm 100% confident he is going to punish me with a hat trick tomorrow due to my doubt in him :pac:

Thought I'd let you lads know that I'm going to the Watford-Newcastle game tomorrow. Been over twice this season, both times I've seen Ighalo score twice and get a 13 pointer (Newcastle away and West Ham home) and he was in my team.

I sold him 2 weeks ago for Sergio. I'm 100% confident he is going to punish me with a hat trick tomorrow due to my doubt in him :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

To start Ake or Ivanovic?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,912 ✭✭✭kilburn

Any thoughts on below?

Courtois Hennessy
    Bellerin Toby Dann Simpson Bennett
    Mahrez Kdb Payet Ozil Surman
    Aguero Kane Lukaku

Nada ITB 2 FT

Happy enough hate losing a ft though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭mcgettigan16

Tempted to go Ozil > Firmino for a -4 fancy him v Norwich as the 'false 9' but will most likely stick with the German

Ozil better have a belter tomorrow!!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,385 ✭✭✭Shedite27

SantryRed wrote: »
    I'm heading to West Ham - Man City tomorrow.

Also 3rd time over, previous 2 have been score draws. I'd take that again

• Registered Users Posts: 3,242 ✭✭✭shano_88

Is Ben Foster back fit? tempted to double up on West Brom defence by getting Myhill in.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

I need to get rid of 2 from the following 3 to free up some funds.

Which 2 would you ditch from Bellerin, Cresswell and Alder?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭harpstilidie

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Cresswell, Bellerin, Alder in that order Alder being the one I'd least likely ditch. Sold Bellerin myself this week, dunno how I feel about it, had him ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭normanoffside

Barkley to Mirallas worth it?

I hope not, I just brought in Barkley for Alli!!

Mahrez is getting a stay of execution given that he has Stoke at home this weekend. I'm planning to get Silva in for him but City are away to West Ham this weekend which is no easy fixture.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,567 ✭✭✭patmac

I'm sticking with Mahrez, form being temporary and class permanent etc, anyway he will get 2 extra points per game now he is off penalties.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,172 ✭✭✭✭km79

1. Sell Willian for mirallas (bench yaya)
    2. Zouma to Dawson as all 5 defenders are away! (bench smith or wolschield again!)
    3. bank as 2 FT will be useful going forward!
    ????

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭EnergyPro

Might be time for wildcard round 2!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,655 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Question for Alli owners -

Do you actually have him in the starting XI or just a reasonably high quality back-up?

Had him a few weeks now but haven't started him - with Arnie possibly injured I can't say i feel that confident on him returning many points :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 36,171 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Question for Alli owners -

Do you actually have him in the starting XI or just a reasonably high quality back-up?

Had him a few weeks now but haven't started him - with Arnie possibly injured I can't say i feel that confident on him returning many points :confused:

Starting him.

He's as nailed on as Kane to start at the moment, and is basically a second striker. You're asking for trouble in benching him. Don't be fooled by the price. He'll be 8.0 next year, so treat him as an expensive player.

I've been giving serious consideration to getting Costa in for Kane as a result (i.e. not wanting 2 Spurs in my starting front 7).

• Advertisement

SantryRed wrote: »

To further complicate things, finally decided my transfer for this week:

Mahrez -> Wijnaldum.

Very much so hedging my bets.

Advertisement