Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Will probably bank and then have 2 FTs for when we know who'll be playing in the COC Final and how that affects things.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,305 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

dahat wrote: »
    Best player for a one week punt?

Harps CL second leg is this gw and i have a slender 3pt lead.

Aside from PVA doesn't Silva have a thing for West Ham away? Partly why I got him before the weekend. It could be all in my head though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Best player for a one week punt?

Harps CL second leg is this gw and i have a slender 3pt lead.

I did Ozil to Firmino last week for run of decent fixtures.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

CSF wrote: »
    Who have you to begin with?

Butland Elliot
    Toby Ward Fuchs Smith Dawson
    Ozil KDB Mahrez Ali Payet
    Kane Lukaku Aguero

2.1 itb

ElTel wrote: »

On the notion Norwich are crap i was looking at him earlier, he looks a certain starter as well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Butland Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Aguero

2.1 itb

Just try sign yourself a clean sheet I guess. United maybe?

CSF wrote: »
    Just try sign yourself a clean sheet I guess. United maybe?

Wouldn't fancy Utd for a cs v Southampton tbh. Best clean sheet i can i see is Pool with WBA close up.

Firmino looks very appealing and a good gamble given my lowly OR.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ElTel wrote: »

but only 8 goals in their last 9 games, and have two cup games when most other teams are resting up.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Butland Elliot
    Kane Lukaku Aguero

2.1 itb

Would a blocking transfer not be better than a punt?

Get his best defensive option covered. The attacking punt could backfire.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

but only 8 goals in their last 9 games, and have two cup games when most other teams are resting up.

His minutes in those games will probably be managed but when the manager wont start the recognised striker I'm happy enough. Still think he's in the first 11 even if Benteke starts!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    I'm now thinking of zouma to darmian or mertesacker !
    Will then still have enuf for Yaya to Alexis the week after

Or Dawson actually with West Broms short term fixtures decent

• Registered Users Posts: 9,985 ✭✭✭normanoffside

I've already done VVD to Simpson which leaves me with 5 million ITB. Nice to get a parting gift of 14 pts from VVD in the last 2 GWs.

I have a 2nd free transfer and am thinking I'll do either Mahrez or Alli to Silva but I'll wait until later in the week to decide. I want to make sure Ozil is definitely fir for next weekend first.

PARlance wrote: »
    Butland or DDG for me.
    Cech would be just as good but there might be times when you want 3 outfield players from Arsenal so not worth choosing him.

Butland 107 points
    Cech 102 points
    United 99 points

Spurs 84 points.

I've just kept it on Romero then DDG all season with a dud. I'm fairly sure they'll finish ahead of Butland.

Had DDG for most of the season but sol him last week as their clean sheets had stopped coming. I brought in Cortouis but feel like I've made a mistake.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

stephenl15 wrote: »
    They haven't been particularly good for the clean sheets recently as a Bellerin owner, first clean sheet in a while from what I remember
    I think we tend to get a biased view on Bellerin's retruns. 10 CS in 20 games played. Only Smalling got more CS (11). He's among the defenders with the best pts/game ratio (for the ones with 20ish games played).

Unless money is a real problem I don't really get this urge to ditch him (and I'm saying that as a general comments from many Bellerin sellers posts I've read in the last couple of pages).

Also, this Daniels guy. Sunderland & Palace away next. Then Arsenal & Stoke at home. Watford away & Saints home. More than 1 CS (Stoke)? Maybe Palace too (5 consecutive PL games without scoring).

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

iroced wrote: »

Also, this Daniels guy. Sunderland & Palace away next. Then Arsenal & Stoke at home. Watford away & Saints home. More than 1 CS (Stoke)? Maybe Palace too (5 consecutive PL games without scoring).

Clean sheets pfffffttttt. Its all about the goals, assists and 3 bonus:pac:. I tend to agree with you on daniels those fixtures aren't great

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Did Costa/Payet -> Aguero/Alli.

Really didnt want to sell Payet but it was the only realistic way I coulg get Aguero in. Will work something out with the wildcard to get him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Right….need some expert advice on what to do next.

Currently on 63 points this GW with Ighalo to come but concerned that over half of that is from Captain Kun.

If he had blanked/injured I’d be stuck yet again on thirty something points for the 3rd week in a row

Anyway, here’s the current squad….most recent transfer was Ozil to Payet

Butland Adrian

Toby Dann Fonte Nyom Woolscheid

Payet Mahrez KDB Alli Arnie

Aguero Lukaku Ighalo

Happy enough with Goalkeepers and Strikers so the options in my head at the minute are:

1) Dann/Woolschied to Daniels or Targett
    2) Fonte to Arsenal defender
    3) Arnie to Ramsey
    4) Alli to Winaldjum (not 100% sure if I can fully afford this)

Have about 2.5m in the bank

I think people selling Lukaku are really jumping the gun and I’m keen to keep KDB as well as his points return always seems higher with Aguero around. Mahrez has dipped in form too but not considering selling him.

Thanks in advance cm

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭mectavba

What to do with Mahrez???

I have him from very early on, so have a lot of value tied up on him. I had thought he was going to be a season keeper barring any serious injury. His form is very poor though. I watched the first half of Villa Leicester and the only time I saw him on the ball was missing the penalty!

I am loathe to sell him just yet though. I think with Delle Alli being such a good option at 5.5, I can get him in and bench Mahrez, until he hopefully finds some form again. I may stick with him this week at home to Stoke though.

I am curious what other people's plans are for Mahrez. Are many going to stick with him through this dry spell?

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

siblers wrote: »
    I'd be tempted by Mirallas too or to even back in Del Boy, but like you say, Martinez loves to rotate. I'll see how Wjinaldum doesn next week, if he does the goods away from home, I'll bring him in. I'm also tempted to bring in a Bournemouth midfielder, they got some decent fixtures coming up, so could work well as a 5th midfielder.

Any Everton fans care to weigh in on Mirallas?

I think i'll be more watching Watford tonight re Wij.

Don't think i'd be looking at B'mouth midfielder, other than as a 5th. Have Ben Watson there atm and he's usually good for an assist every few weeks as takes some set pieces.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

mectavba wrote: »
    What to do with Mahrez???

I have him from very early on, so have a lot of value tied up on him. I had thought he was going to be a season keeper barring any serious injury. His form is very poor though. I watched the first half of Villa Leicester and the only time I saw him on the ball was missing the penalty!

I am loathe to sell him just yet though. I think with Delle Alli being such a good option at 5.5, I can get him in and bench Mahrez, until he hopefully finds some form again. I may stick with him this week at home to Stoke though.

I am curious what other people's plans are for Mahrez. Are many going to stick with him through this dry spell?

Ill probably sell him the week after next. Like almost every player in the game he was never going to be a season keeper. 5 games blanking now and even the last game he scored in everton away was when they got 2 pens. Would be nice if leicester got a pen before having to make the decision though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

Cartman78 wrote: »
    Right….need some expert advice on what to do next.

Currently on 63 points this GW with Ighalo to come but concerned that over half of that is from Captain Kun.

If he had blanked/injured I’d be stuck yet again on thirty something points for the 3rd week in a row

Anyway, here’s the current squad….most recent transfer was Ozil to Payet

Butland Adrian

Toby Dann Fonte Nyom Woolscheid

Payet Mahrez KDB Alli Arnie

Aguero Lukaku Ighalo

Happy enough with Goalkeepers and Strikers so the options in my head at the minute are:

1) Dann/Woolschied to Daniels or Targett
    2) Fonte to Arsenal defender
    3) Arnie to Ramsey
    4) Alli to Winaldjum (not 100% sure if I can fully afford this)

Have about 2.5m in the bank

I think people selling Lukaku are really jumping the gun and I’m keen to keep KDB as well as his points return always seems higher with Aguero around. Mahrez has dipped in form too but not considering selling him.

Thanks in advance cm

What do intend doing with Ighalo? I have the same forwards and am thinking Kane in for Ighalo could be a good move. I don't have any money in the bank however, so it's not as easy for me.

If I was in your situation, I think I'd be looking at a transfer that would bank me a bit of money, rather than spending the money I have. I think in your case that would be option 1. And I'd probably go for Daniels over Targett, as he's more nailed on. Unless you fancy a gamble!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

What do intend doing with Ighalo? I have the same forwards and am thinking Kane in for Ighalo could be a good move. I don't have any money in the bank however, so it's not as easy for me.

If I was in your situation, I think I'd be looking at a transfer that would bank me a bit of money, rather than spending the money I have. I think in your case that would be option 1. And I'd probably go for Daniels over Targett, as he's more nailed on. Unless you fancy a gamble!

I plan on keep Ighalo for another bit anyway - really hoping for something from him tonight. Him and Watford have gone off the boil a bit recently but would fancy them at home against Swansea.

Yeah....leaning towards Daniels alright. Not likely to get a whole bunch of clean sheets but who is these days?? :confused:

Had a good scout through the midfield options last night and tbh there wasn't a lot jumping out at me - the more i think about i'll probably leave it alone for another bit

The lack of Arsenal cover is a bit of a worry though - might wait and see what happens with Sanchez over the next couple of GWs

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Ozil lukaku shaquiri out
    Sanchez Aguero toure in

I'd wait and see what price Charlie Austin pops up at

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

Ighalo is at home to Newcastle next. I'd certainly be keeping him for that at least.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,670 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Looking to get rid of Barkley and maybe upgrade a defender with my 2 FT's this week. Wijnaldum is tempting me atm....

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,236 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

I had sold Monreal for a Leicester defender to free up cash for Costa but the latter's injury is making me regret the decision. Will hold for a few days and reassess.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Are people parting way with Ozil, yeah?

if there is any selloff of Ozil it's probably because Sanchez is likely to be back this week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,305 ✭✭✭OneColdHand

spock. wrote: »
    Ighalo is at home to Newcastle next. I'd certainly be keeping him for that at least.

Yeah I was going to write a longer post about my intention to keep him for that game, but it wasn't really addressing the question in the post I had quoted! Yeah will definitely keep him for that game!

Advertisement