Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,291 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

MrMac84 wrote: »
    lukaku out

Thank you.

Really hope he drops again before saturday, the cheaper the better.
    Some tasty fixtures coming up - season keeper from here on out, barring injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Moreno out for Daniels.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭loadwire

Bertrand -> Baines most likely at the moment. Tempted by Mirallas too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,127 ✭✭✭NabyLadistheman

Many folk swapping KDB to Silva? Im giving in big consideration

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Jaggo

Anyone considering going to a cheap 5th mid?

I think Barry at 4.2 might be a good bet. Good fixtures, no international nor European games, in a good side with good fixtures. He is ever present barring his sending off. Doesn't get yellow cards (ahem, please ignore the red card).
    He normally chips in with 5/6 assists a season.

With the Bournemouth mids being a little less secure of game time these days, are there any better 5th mid options out there? Fletcher could be one?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Jaggo wrote: »

I think Barry at 4.2 might be a good bet. Good fixtures, no international nor European games, in a good side with good fixtures. He is ever present barring his sending off. Doesn't get yellow cards (ahem, please ignore the red card).

With the Bournemouth mids being a little less secure of game time these days, are there any better 5th mid options out there? Fletcher could be one?

I'm pretty sure he's the most booked player in Prem League history :P

But yeah I will be switching to a cheap 5th mid. Alli to Stanislas I think.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 541 ✭✭✭JakeArmitage

Is anyone shipping ozil for anyone? Also Ali or wineabulm for mayrez, I have payet

• Registered Users Posts: 13,685 ✭✭✭✭wonski

Many folk swapping KDB to Silva? Im giving in big consideration

Silva didn't impress me yet tbh after he came back from his injury.

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭Gaillimh1976

Time for a punt !!!

Mahrez >>> McClean

• Registered Users Posts: 342 ✭✭yorlum11

Jaggo wrote:
    I think Barry at 4.2 might be a good bet. Good fixtures, no international nor European games, in a good side with good fixtures. He is ever present barring his sending off. Doesn't get yellow cards (ahem, please ignore the red card). He normally chips in with 5/6 assists a season.

Anyone tempted by Miallas or is he too risky with rotation? Looked good the last day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

yorlum11 wrote: »
    Anyone tempted by Miallas or is he too risky with rotation? Looked good the last day.

getting tempted ......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭greedygoblin

Jaggo wrote: »

Fletcher was my free transfer last week. He got subbed at half time with a knee injury. Haven't heard how bad it is yet or if he'll be out for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

yorlum11 wrote: »

He is too risky. Shame as he has a lot more goals in him than any other eve mid.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,666 ✭✭✭Cartman78

Is anyone shipping ozil for anyone? Also Ali or wineabulm for mayrez, I have payet

Wijnaldum only scores at home apparently.....think Newcastles next couple of games are away

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

iroced wrote: »
    Also, this Daniels guy. Sunderland & Palace away next. Then Arsenal & Stoke at home. Watford away & Saints home. More than 1 CS (Stoke)? Maybe Palace too (5 consecutive PL games without scoring).
    Clean sheets pfffffttttt. Its all about the goals, assists and 3 bonus:pac:. I tend to agree with you on daniels those fixtures aren't great

I am starting to think the same about Daniels. If it was Quarter 1 I'd be in there for the price rises, but take away his attacking returns its 5 clean sheets all season and tough fixtures as highlighted. Yes he's on pens but are you going to play him every week for that reason? No. How many of that next 6 are you gonna start him? 2 or 3 maybe? > 50% chance he'll get that penalty when on your bench.

I'm not quite sure what to do with my team if anyone wants to have a look.

Courtois (McCarthy)
    Evans, Toby, Williams, Moreno, Souare
    Ozil, Payet Mahrez, Arnie, Alli
    Lukaku, Kane, Aguero.
    2FTs & 4.6m in bank.

I'm ripe for a bit of an overhaul but not sure how to play it.

GKs: Courtois is not delivering lately. GW19 and 20 he got 2 decent (differential to an extent) clean sheets, but only 1 save point and no bonus so 6 & 7 pts. Now two 1 pointers in a row and Watford and Arsenal away next don't bode well. For 1.2m less I could have Pickford/Elliot and a perfect rotation for the rest of the season. Is it worth using 2 Fts to sort GKs though!?!?

Defence: Hasnt been getting me points, but clean sheets have been had to come by. The Daniels wagon is tempting but in terms of fixtures and CS potential is he any better than Souare or Williams? Williams - bought for Bellerin 2 weeks ago on the back of 3 CS (with max bonus) from 4 but has 1 point in the 2 games since - is possibly a mistake I need to acknowledge and repair. Maybe even back to Arsenal. But I want to keep the defence cheap. Toby the only luxury but with consistent assist threat and decent fixtures I'll hold. What surgery does that defence need? Apart from Williams out if they are crap again tonight?

Mids: I'm on a very cheap midfield which won't last forever and will be where the 4.6m in my bank goes. Arnie out is almost certain. Ozil out if I get Sanchez in probably an option. Mahrez under close scrutiny as with most people - having Alli an an alternative 4th mid probably allows more time to monitor Mahrez. Assuming I keep Mahrez for now, and Alli as 5th mid plus Payet I have room for 2 big hitters - who should they be? Sanchez, KdB, Silva (City have good fixtures and probably justify 2 attackers).

Fwds:
    Happy with them for now. Costa for Kane a possibility and should be affordable even with 2 big mids, Payet, Alli and Mahrez.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Probably bring Payet in for Ozil, Sanchez had a muscle injury and already had a setback. His game is based on sprints and quick turns so I'd like to see him play a full match first. Still planning to ignore Aguero this week (at my own peril)

Seems I posted such a longwinded rambling team question that it crashed boards!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

All aboard the Baines wagon for me.....

dahat wrote: »
    All aboard the Baines wagon for me.....

I do not get that at all I'm afraid. More Everton defenders than Baines, see people talking about Howard too.

Everton have conceded the most---the most---goals at home in the PL this season. 20 goals in 11 games. More than Newcastle (18), Villa (14) and almost double Sunderland (11). They have a good away record with 5 away clean sheets but home clean sheets are the meat and drink of an FPL defender surely.

As for Baines he's no longer on pens, may have some direct frees (I'm not sure) and probably some corners. He did get 2 assists from play at the weekend but thats not something he's known for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Its a one possible two game punt for me, trying to get a decwnt free transfer with FHCL in mind.

• Advertisement

dahat wrote: »
    Its a one possible two game punt for me, trying to get a decwnt free transfer with FHCL in mind.

Maybe worth it for those 2 games, although, again, they conceded at home to Watford (2), West Brom (2), Sunderland (2), Palace (1), Norwich (1) and Stoke (4) and Bournemouth (3).

Newcastle and Swansea are the 2 lowest scoring away sides though! Hmm.

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭KrakityJones

Welcome back to my team Mr Austin, may you perform for Southampton like you did with QPR last year.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Fhfc Mccarthy to elliot. Decent team this week . Keep 2 for the next gw when we will know carling cup finalists and off chance of dgw 25. The next Rd of fa cup will also have been played so we will know some teams that will have a gw 30 which may influence your transfers out. Newcastle for example play Leicester gw 30 so if Leicester lose replay to spurs this week that's a game that will definetly go ahead.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,830 ✭✭✭shineon23

Fhfc Mccarthy to elliot. Decent team this week . Keep 2 for the next gw when we will know carling cup finalists and off chance of dgw 25. The next Rd of fa cup will also have been played so we will know some teams that will have a gw 30 which may influence your transfers out. Newcastle for example play Leicester gw 30 so if Leicester lose replay to spurs this week that's a game that will definetly go ahead.

why is there a possible DGW in gw25? or what has to happen for it to go ahead?

I got Hart in as mainly i wanted city defensive cover as a lot in my main league have it, but i seen a possible city dgw mentioned somewhere here.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭mackcracknsack

Mahrez out Barkley back in.

Mahrez due a price drop and could happen tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Can do Ighaloo to Lukaku for a -4 but I dunno whether to play my wildcard or not. Want to get rid of Mahrez, most of my defence and KDB but these weekend fixtures are pretty ugly so might be better to wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

idk who to get rid of for Aguero...Lukaku or Kane? Which are you guys getting rid of? My 3rd striker is Vardy

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

idk who to get rid of for Aguero...Lukaku or Kane? Which are you guys getting rid of? My 3rd striker is Vardy

Everton got Swansea (h) New (h) and Stoke (a) for next 3 games.
    Spurs got Palace (a) Norwich (a) and Watford (H) for next 3 games.

Lukaku was very lively against Chelsea and could hae had 2 goals and an assist as well, I don't have Lukaku but do have Kane, think I'll hold onto Kane, Palace are awful at the moment and Norwich only had one cs this season ( I think )but I'll either bring in Lukaku or Aguero for Ighaloo or Giroud, most likely go with Igahloo to Lukaku as Giroud is in reasonble form, despite tricky fixtures coming.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

Have a couple of options this week...

Can do a simple cost cutting measure in defence and do Dawson/Ward -> Targett. Have a bit too much money tied up in defense so that could save between .8 and 1.2m. On the Targett note, why has he been starting lately? Is he playing as a defensive midfielder?

Second on the list is to bite the bullet and get rid of Mahrez. He was unlucky to miss the penalty, I know, but the second half of the season means the games are changing with opponents focusing on and figuring out how to get the better of him. The only thing that makes this decision hard is that I don't really know who to go for... possibly Alli?

That being said, I could just let it roll to give me two FTs next week.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

My strike force is currently Aguero, Kane and Ighalo. Really want to get Lukaku in, but the only way to do it without a hit is a straight swap for Kane :eek:

Another alternative is Ighalo & Kolarov to Lukaku and Simpson for a -4.

I suppose I'm wondering if people think either option is 'sensible' or do I just stick with Ighalo at home to Newcastle and bin Kolarov for AN Other defender?

Advertisement