Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

My GK situation is worrying me.
    Myhill (under threat from Foster)
    Hennessy (bad errors in the past two games with good replacements at Palace)

Think one of them have to be my main concern

• Registered Users Posts: 48,190 ✭✭✭✭km79

Will be a defensive transfer now
    I'm very exposed to Arsenal clean sheets and kos in particular so may get him in

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Shedite27 wrote: »
    My GK situation is worrying me.
    Myhill (under threat from Foster)
    Hennessy (bad errors in the past two games with good replacements at Palace)

Think one of them have to be my main concern

Same here, I'm hoping Myhill will hang on for two more games and then I might get Forster in after his next two tricky games. Southampton look to have tightened up again.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,433 ✭✭✭✭siblers

dahat wrote: »
    Tempted to sell Mahrez, his next few are tough games and i reckon id be able to get him back for 7.0 or less maybe.

He was dreadful yesterday, barely had a kick. Was no better last time I saw him live against City, has looked poor when I've seen him on MOTD recently too, think defences have copped onto him and Vardy, although Vardy does look lively. Think I'll sell him at this stage too, if he regains from I'll bring him back in but there are other options out there worth looking at.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

km79 wrote: »
    Will be a defensive transfer now
    I'm very exposed to Arsenal clean sheets and kos in particular so may get him in

They haven't been particularly good for the clean sheets recently as a Bellerin owner, first clean sheet in a while from what I remember

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

stephenl15 wrote: »
    They haven't been particularly good for the clean sheets recently as a Bellerin owner, first clean sheet in a while from what I remember

3 in the last 4. I sold Bellerin 4 weeks ago to facilitate my Xmas triple arsenal midfield.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,542 ✭✭✭✭KevIRL

Two freebies, undecided as yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Dempsey wrote: »
    Why wasnt he taking penos all season?

Glenn Murray

• Registered Users Posts: 16,697 ✭✭✭✭dahat

siblers wrote: »
    He was dreadful yesterday, barely had a kick. Was no better last time I saw him live against City, has looked poor when I've seen him on MOTD recently too, think defences have copped onto him and Vardy, although Vardy does look lively. Think I'll sell him at this stage too, if he regains from I'll bring him back in but there are other options out there worth looking at.

Been looking at Barkley but he has very high ownership. I was hoping i could find an undiscovered gem.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Bellerin out for Daniels. If I want Arsenal defensive cover at a later stage, will go for Mert.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭Dempsey

Kolarov to Daniels done.

My defense is horrendous

Myhill, Butland

Daniels, Nyom, Bellerin, Alderweireld, Ward

Must start planning my wildcard.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Hayden Pennyfeather

Any thoughts on Mirallas lads?

2 FT and going to go Giroud for Aguero, and downgrade KDB to either Wij or Mirallas.

Mirallas is a streaky player and looked very good yesterday but i'm worried Martinez will be rotating quite a bit. I think Newcastle could well go on a run now - they always seem to have one a season - and wij looks a good option. I know he mainly does well at home but I'm still tempted!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,668 ✭✭✭sheroman01

Feels too early to play wildcard, happy enough with team...but need Aguero! My initial messing around is the below but weakens my team and costs me -8. Is a -8 worth it for Aguero? Is -4 worth it, coupled with selling Mahrez?

De Gea > Hennessey (if dropped, I still have McCarthy, altough I know Speroni is till around!)
    Bertrand > Wollschied
    Alli > Stanislas
    Vardy > Aguero

or

Bertrand > Wollschied
    Mahrez > Stanislas
    Vardy > Aguero

• Registered Users Posts: 9,390 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Been looking at Barkley but he has very high ownership. I was hoping i could find an undiscovered gem.
    Where were ya looking? Top 4 scoring midfielders? :P

Shedite27 wrote: »
    Where were ya looking? Top 4 scoring midfielders? :P

Start at the top amd work down...

Guy i really want hasnt great fixtures, Winaljudum (spelling)

bigkocman wrote: »
    Any thoughts on Mirallas lads?

2 FT and going to go Giroud for Aguero, and downgrade KDB to either Wij or Mirallas.

Mirallas is a streaky player and looked very good yesterday but i'm worried Martinez will be rotating quite a bit. I think Newcastle could well go on a run now - they always seem to have one a season - and wij looks a good option. I know he mainly does well at home but I'm still tempted!

I'd be tempted by Mirallas too or to even back in Del Boy, but like you say, Martinez loves to rotate. I'll see how Wjinaldum doesn next week, if he does the goods away from home, I'll bring him in. I'm also tempted to bring in a Bournemouth midfielder, they got some decent fixtures coming up, so could work well as a 5th midfielder.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,307 ✭✭✭DarraghF197

Just realised Southampton's next handful of games are rough. Can't really see a match in sight where it would be ideal to start Bertrand, despite his attacking threat. I think he's a fantastic differential at 1.6% ownership, but it's time to move him on!

Four attackers need to be moved on as well I think. Mahrez, Arnie, Kane and Deulofeu in that order. Mahrez because he's going to fall in price and the masses have him, and he has poor fixtures. Kane to Lukaku for Swansea at home.

Wijnaldum and Barkley look like tempting options. But one has mass ownership and the other only shows up at home it seems. If I transfer Kane out, I might as well get Alli in as a Spurs replacement. (2.0 itb)

Bertrand > Daniels +0.7M GW24
    Mahrez > Alli +0.9M GW23
    Kane > Lukaku +0.6M GW23
    Arnie > Sanchez -4.2M GW24

That would cost a (-4) hit. And should work out to have 0.0M left, a sign! Although i does leave Deulofeu in my team still :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,710 ✭✭✭2nd Row Donkey

I ditched Lukaku for Rooney but I'm going to wait and see how good or bad Swansea are tomorrow. If they are terrible I might do Kane to Lukaku or Rooney to Lukaku

Edit. Actually United have two home games in the next 2 weeks while Spurs are away to palace and Norwich. Think I'll ship Kane.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Bellerin to Daniels done

I'm now thinking of zouma to darmian or mertesacker !
    Will then still have enuf for Yaya to Alexis the week after

• Advertisement

Jesus I can't get my Goalie right at all.

I've gone premium with the hope of finding a season keeper but no joy yet.

If you could have ANY keeper who would it be ?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,121 ✭✭✭Cypher_sounds

I have Ighalo Kane and Lukaku. They have favourable fixtures coming gw. Am I crazy to hold off on getting Aguero for a week?

I have Cech and Butland, couple of times I made a mistake playing Cech over Butland, for the last 5 games, my decision on which one to start has been 100% the right choice. It was a pain initially trying to decide which to start but it's paying off dividends at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Yup

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

I'm now thinking of zouma to darmian or mertesacker !
    Will then still have enuf for Yaya to Alexis the week after

Jones? Gabriel?

ElTel wrote: »
    Jones? Gabriel?

Jones is and always will be injured
    Mert is 1st choice but doesn't attract BP which is what's putting me off
    I can afford the odd rotation as I have all starters

• Registered Users Posts: 21,128 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

Butland or DDG for me.
    Cech would be just as good but there might be times when you want 3 outfield players from Arsenal so not worth choosing him.

Butland 107 points
    Cech 102 points
    United 99 points

Spurs 84 points.

I've just kept it on Romero then DDG all season with a dud. I'm fairly sure they'll finish ahead of Butland.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,672 ✭✭✭ElTel

Jones is and always will be injured
    Mert is 1st choice but doesn't attract BP which is what's putting me off
    I can afford the odd rotation as I have all starters

I think we're all struggling on D. Darragh's highlighted Berty's tough fixtures so if I do tweek he probably goes. Henney is a concern too and am considering everton or Liverpool (double up) with Mignolet Howard Baines but in the back of my head is to roll over a transfer is always a good idea.

Best player for a one week punt?

Harps CL second leg is this gw and i have a slender 3pt lead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,087 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Best player for a one week punt?

Harps CL second leg is this gw and i have a slender 3pt lead.

Who have you to begin with?

Advertisement