Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 23 Transfers.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

If Daniels is on penalties for the long term then it'd be foolish to not get him or certainly give it some very reasoned consideration.

I still crave PVA too.

Now just to figure out why my knee is flailing around out of control :)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,268 ✭✭✭IsMiseMyself

Wouldn't be in too much of a rush to sell Lukaku. Has Swansea at home next.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Front 3 of Lukaku,Kane and Ighalo....

Looks like Kun is a must have, bearing in mind their next 5/6 fixtures who should I dump from the 3 above?

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

I have same front 3 and think I'll hold fire. City with two away matches and not much form. I'd happily captain Ighalo or Lukaku with their fixtures

• Registered Users Posts: 4,573 ✭✭✭Bleating Lamb

I have same front 3 and think I'll hold fire. City with two away matches and not much form. I'd happily captain Ighalo or Lukaku with their fixtures

Have Kane (c) this wk so at least he did something.Will watch MOTD and think about it:)

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

Would it be madness to do Kane -> Lukaku?

Prefer Roms fixtures and think he might be very highly captained next week.

Other strikers are Aguero and Ighalo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

lougal88 wrote: »
    Would it be madness to do Kane -> Lukaku?

Prefer Roms fixtures and think he might be very highly captained next week.

Other strikers are Aguero and Ighalo.

Lukaku is a must have next few weeks.........Kane got a proxy assist and a pen
    He looked tired!
    I have both but if I didn't have lukaku I'd be getting him

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭lougal88

km79 wrote: »
    Lukaku is a must have next few weeks.........Kane got a proxy assist and a pen
    He looked tired!
    I have both but if I didn't have lukaku I'd be getting him

Good advice. Just the push I needed.

Although will wait for a day or 2 as Kane is rising and Rom dropping.

Might also do Zouma/Sagna to Baines. Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Courtois to Myhill i think.

Chelsea are muck, and Westbrom have their backs against the wall, so should be tightening up a bit.

lougal88 wrote: »
    Good advice. Just the push I needed.

Although will wait for a day or 2 as Kane is rising and Rom dropping.

Might also do Zouma/Sagna to Baines. Thoughts?

Zouma to baines is in my thoughts too
    3 home games in 4 BUT would be relying on mainly attacking returns ......

• Registered Users Posts: 19,705 ✭✭✭✭Ace2007

Zouma to baines is in my thoughts too
    3 home games in 4 BUT would be relying on mainly attacking returns ......

At 6.1 Baines doesn't really have much value - for instance, is he on any set plays, corners/free kicks/penalties?

If your buying for defensive reasons - there are cheaper options, which then just leaves assists.

With Fraizer foster back, Bertrand should pick up more CS, and has attacking potential

Spurs and West Brom both have nice few fixtures coming up.
    Bournmouth lad who takes penalties is a steal at 4.5m

Having said all that if you have the cash just sitting in the bank then you might as well have him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Ace2007 wrote: »
    Courtois to Myhill i think.

Chelsea are muck, and Westbrom have their backs against the wall, so should be tightening up a bit.

Ben foster played the fa cup game and will probably play in the replay this week. Myhill at this stage is a risky transfer.

Ace2007 wrote: »
    At 6.1 Baines doesn't really have much value - for instance, is he on any set plays, corners/free kicks/penalties?

If your buying for defensive reasons - there are cheaper options, which then just leaves assists.

With Fraizer foster back, Bertrand should pick up more CS, and has attacking potential

Spurs and West Brom both have nice few fixtures coming up.
    Bournmouth lad who takes penalties is a steal at 4.5m

Having said all that if you have the cash just sitting in the bank then you might as well have him.

Prob be doing Yaya to Sanchez next week anyway and leave it at that
    Have alder and smith from Spurs and Bournemouth
    Baines was very good today but they can't defend !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

May get rid of Courtois.

Who would be a viable one keeper strategy? Don't want to use 2 transfers to get in another playing sub.

Forster? Can we trust Saints defence again? 2 crap fixtures up next.

FHFC wrote: »
    May get rid of Courtois.

Who would be a viable one keeper strategy? Don't want to use 2 transfers to get in another playing sub.

Hart ? .3 more

May get rid of Courtois.

lloris

lloris

Have Toby already.

Have Toby already.

Im not sure any of those 5.5 + defenders are worth it anymore now that money is about to get a lot tighter. There are so many good options available at less than 5 million and we only need to pick 3 out of 5. Its fairly easy to get a cheap rotating defence with atleast 2 good fixtures every week. You only need the cheaper defenders for 60% of their games. I find when you pick the likes of bellerin, toby, kolorav, smalling you play them every week no matter what.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Is it mad to spend my 2 fts on Alder -> Dier and Smith -> Daniels?

Defence is: Bellerin, Alder, Dawson, Simpson, Smith.

Can't sell Dawson with his amazing fixtures. Bellerin I feel is a season keeper. Don't see anything urgent further forward.

stephenl15 wrote: »

Can't sell Dawson with his amazing fixtures. Bellerin I feel is a season keeper. Don't see anything urgent further forward.
    Absolutely crazy to switch alder to dier!!!!

Im not sure any of those 5.5 + defenders are worth it anymore now that money is about to get a lot tighter. There are so many good options available at less than 5 million and we only need to pick 3 out of 5. Its fairly easy to get a cheap rotating defence with atleast 2 good fixtures every week. You only need the cheaper defenders for 60% of their games. I find when you pick the likes of bellerin, toby, kolorav, smalling you play them every week no matter what.

Agree fully. Got rid of Bellerin last week. Toby on thin ice but with decent fixtures ahead not rushing just yet to let go when i got him at 5.5.

He has 2 goals and 3 assists too which has to be one of the best attacking returns for a def not on set pieces.

Thinking Souaré to Daniels defence wise. Downgrading either Toby or Courtois if I need cash.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Roonbox

Merte to Daniels done! Complete knee-jerk fest.
    Does free up some funds though.

Absolutely crazy to switch alder to dier!!!!

Hasn't really justified the extra outlay while I've had him. Just that it allows me to get Daniels and I definitely can't sell Dawson and would be reluctant on Bellerin.

Hasn't really justified the extra outlay while I've had him. Just that it allows me to get Daniels and I definitely can't sell Dawson and would be reluctant on Bellerin.

Alder to Daniels so?
    Think it's a waste of a transfer to do alder to dier to do another
    Diers "assist" today is a false dawn attacking points wise :D

• Registered Users Posts: 21,099 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

May get rid of Courtois.

DDG for me. He (& Romero) will be 2nd highest scoring keeper behind Butland by the end of the GW. You wont have a doubling up headache either.

I'd do Bellerin to Daniels. Arsenal have 3 clean sheets in the last 10. People predicted less clean sheets after Coquelin went out and it's been true. I can't see more than one likely cs in their next 5. Sell him.now for a while and get him back (or Mert or Monreal for less money) if their fixtures and cs performance improves. If you do 'need' to get him back its still 2 transfers. Same as your original plan.

Alder to Daniels so?
    Think it's a waste of a transfer to do alder to dier to do another
    Diers "assist" today is a false dawn attacking points wise :D

Yeah but I want the Spurs coverage in defence :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,502 ✭✭✭spock.

stephenl15 wrote:

I don't think it's worth using 2 FTs just to get Daniels.
    I would agree that Bellerin --> Daniels is the best option (although you might not want to double up)

spock. wrote: »
    I don't think it's worth using 2 FTs just to get Daniels.
    I would agree that Bellerin --> Daniels is the best option (although you might not want to double up)

Yeah I wouldn't be playing Smith like. I'll see how Bellerin gets on tomorrow so and evaluate :D

• Registered Users Posts: 6,222 ✭✭✭Calvin

Trying to make room for Aguero..Kane or Lukaku? Who do I take out? Vardy is my other ST, I could downgrade him to Ighalo. Any tips?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,083 ✭✭✭Chesty08

Want ManU, Everton & West Brom for next 2 GW's

DDG & myhill my keepers

Vert Bellerin Berty Ward & Simpson

With DDG playing at home to Soton this GW I'm happy to hold and play myhill

However I want rid of Vertonghen
    1. Should I double up on West Brom as Myhill might lose place & il have no Brom cover

Or

2. Go and buy an Everton defender.. I.e Baines?

Advertisement