Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,905 ✭✭✭TOss Sweep

Well looks like our season has already taken a huge blow with injury

Dion Lewis - 2nd surgery going to be out minimum of 2-3 months
    Seb Vollmer - Hip injury gone from PUP to IR but with new IR rules he could be back mid season.
    Shaq Mason - With a broken hand length of time out unknown but you figure OL with a broken hand easily a month.

Has anyone else noticed the whole Tom Brady not being at the game on Thursday due to a "cut" on his hand and now he is excused from Sunday and Monday practice. Not going to read too much into it myself but there has been many theories and even some experts claiming over the course of camp Brady looks beat up mentally and doesn't look that much into it due to his suspension.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

It wouldn't surprise me if Brady was hurting. It's what I'd expect to happen when a massively competitive person who puts huge effort into everything he does is suspended for doing nothing wrong.

I said a long time ago that I would fear that Brady would walk away if his appeal wasn't successful.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,136 ✭✭✭✭AbusesToilets

Read conflicting reports on Lewis. Could be surgery to clear out some scar tissue, in which case he could be back sooner. Hope it's not sign of him being dogged by lingering issues.

Im sure once the offical word comes out on Lewis we will know more. The more they report about the injury the more the story changes of what surgery he actually requires the 2nd time round. Good news for us if it is scar tissue but it will come down to whether or not he is put on PUP or IR if he hits either of those he will miss games. PUP is 6 weeks minimum.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,719 ✭✭✭JaMarcusHustle

The feedback on James White has been good this training camp, and he's shown more flashes this preseason. Id be confident going with him until Lewis is 100pc. DJ Foster is another Lewis type back, be interesting if he makes some noise but likely practice squad for now.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 4,141 Mod ✭✭✭✭bruschi

Tyler Gaffney seems to be doing ok going by the few touches he is getting in the games and reports from camp. Seems a decent sort too going by his post game interview last week.

Talking about post game interviews, anyone hear AJ Derbys on the postgame show after the Bears game? Absolutely awful! Took the Bill Belichick mantra to the extreme. "so AJ, after being a QB convereted to tight end, how are you finding your blocking in games?" "I cant answer that right now, I'd have to watch the video". Nothing but taking it game by game, trying to improve, he really had been coached to the death!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

Another injury to add to the list, Sheard reportedly has an MCL sprain.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,982 ✭✭✭✭eagle eye

Just thinking about those injuries and how lucky we are to have such a great head coach.

For most teams those injuries would be the difference between a winning and losing season. For our team it's the difference between getting to and maybe winning a Superbowl or just not being good enough against the best in the playoffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Any body know a good sports bar in Boston to watch the Patriots v Cardinals week 1?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭NapoleonInRags

KrustyUCC wrote: »
    Any body know a good sports bar in Boston to watch the Patriots v Cardinals week 1?

McGreevy's on Boylston St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,034 ✭✭✭KrustyUCC

Cool thanks for the reply :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,624 ✭✭✭me89

Bryan Stork being released. Crazy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,173 ✭✭✭BKWDR

KrustyUCC wrote: »

Remys on the waterfront in the north end ...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,510 ✭✭✭Hazys

BKWDR wrote: »
    Remys on the waterfront in the north end ...

There's a Remy's in the Seaport Waterfront is what you're thinking of, not North End :)

There is also a Remy's in Fenway.

me89 wrote: »

Insane, either something to do with concussions or he did something stupid a la Easley

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

I'll be watching it from my seat in University of Phoenix stadium, can't f$cking wait!!! :D

infacteh wrote: »
    I'll be watching it from my seat in University of Phoenix stadium, can't f$cking wait!!! :D

you big jamrag!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,895 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

He actually ended being traded to DC for a conditional pick

• Registered Users Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

Hazys wrote: »

Insane, either something to do with concussions or he did something stupid a la Easley

Stork missed time again earlier this offseason, with another suspected concussion and if that was definitely the case? Then that would be his fourth concussion since he joined the Patriots, so the guy should probably think about retiring. Andrews performed much better at Center last year than Stork did and more importantly, he doesn't seem to be as prone to concussions as Stork was.

paulie21 wrote: »
    He actually ended being traded to DC for a conditional pick

Turns out he is actually might be retiring rather than go to the Redskins according to Chris Cooley former Skins TE

• Advertisement

Hazys wrote: »
    There's a Remy's in the Seaport Waterfront is what you're thinking of, not North End :)

There is also a Remy's in Fenway.

Yah the Seaport one, that beside the Whiskey Priest?

ah i remember it being a short walk (stumble) from the north end...my bad...

BKWDR wrote: »
    Yah the Seaport one, that beside the Whiskey Priest?

ah i remember it being a short walk (stumble) from the north end...my bad...

Yup, its close enough to the Whiskey Priest.

Short/quick walk from the North End if you're Robert Heffernan maybe, 30 min walk for the rest of us :pac:

Pats trade a 5th rounder for Barkevious Mingo.

Unless the 5th rounder is conditional based on whether he makes the roster or not, its a somewhat risky/expensive'ish trade

defo my new number 1 crazy name

Coverage on the first drive was great there, but boy did it need to be. Only one series, but absolutely no pressure from the D-line.

Peach of a throw from the GOAT tonight.

https://vine.co/v/5eZIQqIhT2W

Brisset looking solid again. Good to see. Jimmy was fairly meh.

Brady, glorious as ever. Bennet could have done more to catch that shot to the endzone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,647 ✭✭✭BaronVon

Gost will get himeself cut at this rate :D

infacteh wrote: »
    Gost will get himeself cut at this rate :D

Nah, have your misses pre-season and nail everything when it's for real :p

• Advertisement

Nah, have your misses pre-season and nail everything when it's for real :p

2 straight forward misses. Not like him

Advertisement