Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New England Patriots Thread Mod Warning Post #253

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,960 ✭✭✭AbusesToilets

How bad must he have been to get cut? Not a great development a week out from the season opener

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,438 ✭✭✭j8wk2feszrnpao

How bad must he have been to get cut? Not a great development a week out from the season opener
    That's what I was thinking. Reports haven't been great about the offense during camp, so it must be injury surely?

That's what I was thinking. Reports haven't been great about the offense during camp, so it must be injury surely?

Seems maybe it was because he couldn't get seperation? Strange one, but maybe they have a trade in the works.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,867 ✭✭✭Christy42

Cam unsurprisingly announced as starter.

Hopefully back to full health as he is a fun player to watch

• Registered Users Posts: 14,029 ✭✭✭✭StringerBell

No surprise no, well except to whoever t was here that was certain BB was going with Stidham!

Hopefully he can stay healthy

Also supposed to be signing earl Thomas on a 2 year deal, haven't looked into it anymore than its rumoured to be for 16mil

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

• Advertisement

Christy42 wrote: »
    Cam unsurprisingly announced as starter.

Hopefully back to full health as he is a fun player to watch
    It was the only thing from preventing him from starting.
    Will have to see if he can hold up when the games come along.

No surprise no, well except to whoever t was here that was certain BB was going with Stidham!

Hopefully he can stay healthy

Also supposed to be signing earl Thomas on a 2 year deal, haven't looked into it anymore than its rumoured to be for 16mil

Really? Interesting pick up if true. He seems to be quite divise a figure

• Registered Users Posts: 3,112 ✭✭✭el Fenomeno

According to who? I havent seen this anywhere...

According to who? I havent seen this anywhere...

Came across it on social media, one of those sports reporters but was looking for something else so I didn't click in. Haven't looked into it beyond that, I'll see if I can track anything down sure

Edit: From a quick dive I can't see anything other than speculative posts talking about him coming in to fill the Chung shaped hole in the D and then articles talking about why we should steer clear for the most part so I guess it was BS.

"People say ‘go with the flow’ but do you know what goes with the flow? Dead fish."

A few Pats games from 2010/2011 came up on my YouTube feed today. Brady's weapons, Gronk, Welker, Branch, Hernandez, Ochocinco, and Edelman on ST's. No wonder he left for Tampa :)
    The defense at that time, in 2011 they were the 31st defense in terms of yards, and they somehow got to the SB.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,377 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Great sunday in store for legacy pats fans. We're playing the dolphins and then there;s a potential TBTB* vs NO airing it out fest.

TBTB= Tom Brady Tampa Bay!

Anybody get hold of that new book The Dynasty by Jeff Benedict? It's where that story re: Brady's thumb injury I posted above came from.

I'm only a third of the way through, they've just hired Belichick after the infamous NYJ napkin press conference.

The first third is heavily focused on Kraft and how he got hold of the Patriots, and the relationship with Bill Parcells.

It's a fantastic read, definitely the best Pats book I've read to date.

Anybody get hold of that new book The Dynasty by Jeff Benedict? It's where that story re: Brady's thumb injury I posted above came from.

I'm only a third of the way through, they've just hired Belichick after the infamous NYJ napkin press conference.

The first third is heavily focused on Kraft and how he got hold of the Patriots, and the relationship with Bill Parcells.

It's a fantastic read, definitely the best Pats book I've read to date.

I've read quite a bit previously, not sure how much can be new.
    Didn't like the 'thumb story'; it was a story without quoting who it's from or how correct it is.
    I'll wait until Brady/Bill retires and they actually do a proper autobiography.

I've read quite a bit previously, not sure how much can be new.
    Didn't like the 'thumb story'; it was a story without quoting who it's from or how correct it is.
    I'll wait until Brady/Bill retires and they actually do a proper autobiography.

Kraft, Belichick and Brady were all interviewed by Benedict for the book, so I wouldn't be too concerned about sources.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Unfortunately, Belichick gave him very little from the interviews. He is noticeably absent from the acknowledgement section!

The book is decent and worth a read. The years prior to Belichick are particularly good. I didn't get much from it after that.

I'm still counting on an autobiography/coaching manual/something from BB after retirement.

Kraft, Belichick and Brady were all interviewed by Benedict for the book, so I wouldn't be too concerned about sources.
    But as per the hand injury story, nobody is really quoted. So we have no idea how accurate it is. That's the problem I have. He may have spoken to Bill about his first press conference with the Pats, and got nothing about the hand injury. Same for Kraft/Brady. Until the trio actually do their tell all book(s), it's not the same (for me personally).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭me89

But as per the hand injury story, nobody is really quoted. So we have no idea how accurate it is. That's the problem I have. He may have spoken to Bill about his first press conference with the Pats, and got nothing about the hand injury. Same for Kraft/Brady. Until the trio actually do their tell all book(s), it's not the same (for me personally).

The hand injury story was from the doctor. Good podcast with the author here
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/3TjnpR142py2zJyd5cs2hO?si=UoHx4GrETL-Rx9QlA0pekQ

me89 wrote: »
    The hand injury story was from the doctor. Good podcast with the author here
    https://open.spotify.com/episode/3TjnpR142py2zJyd5cs2hO?si=UoHx4GrETL-Rx9QlA0pekQ

I heard the podcast previously, and again it lacked stuff that interests me (less about the games/structures that defined the Legacy and more about how he prepped for interviews, non football stuff, etc) and I'm sure he interviewed the doctor, but the written piece was clearly elaborated on by the author. That's not for me personally. I just prefer to get the autobiography, when they are done and really ready to tell all (such as Butler in SB LII). Not knocking the book for anyone else (a lot of the stuff I'd heard previously), it's just overall not my thing.

Stidham inactive today. So much for that hype train

Didn't get to watch the first half, bar the missed field goal at the end, but it doesn't sound great offensively anyway. Dolphins had two turnovers and pat's only go to the half 7-3 up.

Stidham being inactive, is he a healthy scratch? I'd be interested to hear EE take on it as he seemed very high on him.

• Advertisement

Didn't get to watch the first half, bar the missed field goal at the end, but it doesn't sound great offensively anyway. Dolphins had two turnovers and pat's only go to the half 7-3 up.

Stidham being inactive, is he a healthy scratch? I'd be interested to hear EE take on it as he seemed very high on him.

Juggling him for Folk maybe?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭Smacruairi

I'm happy enough with cam's efforts. We look far more unpredictable, especially with 3rd down. Defense looking good. I think we will pull away in the final q

• Registered Users Posts: 2,546 ✭✭✭Masked Man

Wonder if the Shula patches are reminding BB what he's playing for!

That run is something we just haven't had in our locker for some time. I'm really excited for the season looking at Cam here,some nice passes in that drive too.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,599 ✭✭✭ScrubsfanChris

Defence still as good as ever.
    The offence played it very safe in the 1st half, only 8 pass attempts for Cam think, mostly ran the ball

• Registered Users Posts: 17,806 ✭✭✭✭paulie21

JJ Taylor looks like a decent find. Harry making catches

Ffs Harry

Great seeing cam use his legs so well, been impressed in general this second half but God damn man try to avoid contact a little more some times! :D

Great seeing cam use his legs so well, been impressed in general this second half but God damn man try to avoid contact a little more some times! :D
    Definitely alot of fans biggest fear. It's a whole new exciting dimension to the offence but the hits are the trade off.

Already took one big hit on that 2nd TD

• Advertisement

True, but he is there like a month, and has controlled the game well, keeping the chains moving. Once he gets the wrs in a tricky rhythm, we should be very very likely to make multiple big plays.staying healthy is key alright

Advertisement