Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

TimRiggins wrote: »
    I enjoy Balls.ie coverage on MMA. It's much better then Joe.ie sensationalizing everything and posting the same article 4 times a day. They're pretty quick with breaking news and that and usually have a few good opinion pieces a week.

I agree there balls is a class enough site, savage team of writers mostly and I really like the variety of sports they report on

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

ASOT wrote: »
    Never taught I would post a Balls article but this is ridiculously accurate.

http://www.balls.ie/mma/5-clear-signs-that-prove-you-shouldnt-have-an-opinion-on-mma/331031

Needs more "in no other sport are you rewarded for kicking someone in the head".

• Registered Users Posts: 29,624 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

• Registered Users Posts: 12,767 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Whelo79 wrote: »
    Does anyone have any good suggestions for picking up decent priced rash guards anywhere?

How's the training going?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,205 ✭✭✭Lucas Hood

Never taught I would post a Balls article but this is ridiculously accurate.

http://www.balls.ie/mma/5-clear-signs-that-prove-you-shouldnt-have-an-opinion-on-mma/331031

Guy who wrote it posts on here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

http://www.foxsports.com/ufc/story/urijah-faber-dominick-cruz-s-body-has-changed-something-fishy-going-on-there-041816

Faber accusing everyone of taking PED's lately it seems. Horrible to see how bitter he has become. Can't listen to him anymore.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

I enjoy Balls.ie coverage on MMA. It's much better then Joe.ie sensationalizing everything and posting the same article 4 times a day. They're pretty quick with breaking news and that and usually have a few good opinion pieces a week.

Never gave it a chance because of how much I hate Joe, had a scan there, some reqlly good pieces I'll get stuck into tomorrow on the bus to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Never gave it a chance because of how much I hate Joe, had a scan there, some reqlly good pieces I'll get stuck into tomorrow on the bus to work.

Yeah good pieces and you have to respect them for not going down the clickbait road too. Should be applauded for it imo

• Registered Users Posts: 29,624 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Lucas Hood wrote: »
    Guy who wrote it posts on here.

That made me read it and glad i did. Excellent article!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,269 ✭✭✭Gamebred

Cheers lads glad ye enjoyed it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

Faber accusing everyone of taking PED's lately it seems. Horrible to see how bitter he has become. Can't listen to him anymore.

Every guy & their dog are trying to be outspoken and controversial its just sad when Urijah does it.
    I am always way more interested in what Cruz says as he has developed into a really entertaining analytical character.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    How's the training going?

It's going really well, thanks for asking. The early mornings are still rough. I've missed just one session so far out of 6 weeks so I'm happy with that.

We had Richie Smullen stand in for a session last week while John was away training with Conor and that was a really good session. All the daily classes are excellent to be fair and we are starting to roll a bit more on the Monday bjj sessions which is great.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

Whelo79 wrote: »
    It's going really well, thanks for asking. The early mornings are still rough. I've missed just one session so far out of 6 weeks so I'm happy with that.

We had Richie Smullen stand in for a session last week while John was away training with Conor and that was a really good session. All the daily classes are excellent to be fair and we are starting to roll a bit more on the Monday bjj sessions which is great.

Did he teach you his leglock game? That lad is just frightening when he gets a hold of your foot.

Is all the training in the early hours of the morning or do you guys mix in with the other classes (that joe public attend in the evenings) such as Fundamental BJJ/Striking/Wrestling?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,649 ✭✭✭Whelo79

MagicIRL wrote: »
    Did he teach you his leglock game? That lad is just frightening when he gets a hold of your foot.

Is all the training in the early hours of the morning or do you guys mix in with the other classes (that joe public attend in the evenings) such as Fundamental BJJ/Striking/Wrestling?

No leg lock shown unfortunately. We haven't moves onto any submissions yet.

It's all early morning, 6am starts Monday to Friday. Tis tough going!

Mcgregors retired. Guess it deserves a mention in her too

• Registered Users Posts: 6,582 ✭✭✭Swashbuckler

Yes let's make ****e of a second thread too.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Mcgregors retired. Guess it deserves a mention in her too

No it doesnt..so lets not derail another thread thanks..

Axwell wrote: »
    No it doesnt..so lets not derail another thread thanks..

Well seeing as it's the UFC featherweight champ I think it was worth a mention in the UFC thread.
    Not everyone was on the mcgregor thread, including myself up until an hour ago. I never said I wanted to discuss the issue on here, just mention it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,462 Mod ✭✭✭✭Axwell

Well seeing as it's the UFC featherweight champ I think it was worth a mention in the UFC thread.
    Not everyone was on the mcgregor thread, including myself up until an hour ago. I never said I wanted to discuss the issue on here, just mention it.

And I said lets not derail another thread...theres enough nonsense on the other one without needing to bring it in here.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

https://twitter.com/UFCInsiders/status/722954594175713280

UFC 199 is shaping up nicely.

Oh and Dan Henderson Vs Lombard was confirmed for 199 as well.

• Advertisement

Doublepost but ah well, Rockhold says he had a tear in his MCL but is still good to fight Weidman.

AKA must actually be terrible for injuries.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BEcXvFwoaNP/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Jones saying he wants to fight Cormier at 200. Dana get it done!! (if he gets through osp unscathed of course)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Jones saying he wants to fight Cormier at 200. Dana get it done!! (if he gets through osp unscathed of course)

Cormier won't be recovered in time. He can't resume training until like 3/4 weeks before UFC 200. I think Rumble would be more realistic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,118 ✭✭✭shrapnel222

Lukker- wrote: »
    Cormier won't be recovered in time. He can't resume training until like 3/4 weeks before UFC 200. I think Rumble would be more realistic.

really? thought he was out for 4 to 6 weeks and that was end of march, which gives him 2 months at the minimum to prepare.

worst case scenario, stick gustaffson in there with Jones. First one was an epic war.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Lukker- wrote: »
    really? thought he was out for 4 to 6 weeks and that was end of march, which gives him 2 months at the minimum to prepare.

worst case scenario, stick gustaffson in there with Jones. First one was an epic war.

Did something change with DC recently? Whenever he pulled out(about 2 weeks ago now?) he said he would be out for about 4 weeks and he would have plenty of time to prepare for UFC200.

Obviously it depends if OSP can do any damage but if Jones comes out relatively unscathed then he should have a quick break and go straight back into camp for DC. Taking any other fight would be madness and let the paper champ hold onto his belt for longer. Taking on Gus, on pretty short notice would be insanity. Wait until he beats DC then make the Gus fight for the title

Devastator wrote: »
    Did something change with DC recently? Whenever he pulled out(about 2 weeks ago now?) he said he would be out for about 4 weeks and he would have plenty of time to prepare for UFC200.

Obviously it depends if OSP can do any damage but if Jones comes out relatively unscathed then he should have a quick break and go straight back into camp for DC. Taking any other fight would be madness and let the paper champ hold onto his belt for longer. Taking on Gus, on pretty short notice would be insanity. Wait until he beats DC then make the Gus fight for the title

Taking on Gus is hardly short notice considering the shape he's in and it's still 10 weeks to 200.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Taking on Gus is hardly short notice considering the shape he's in and it's still 10 weeks to 200.

I meant short notice in terms of he's fighting tomorrow night.The 1st Jones/Gus fight was a war, going straight into training camp possibly with fight injuries is just stupid.

Does it really matter anyway? Jones fighting anyone but the paper champ would be insane.

Devastator wrote: »
    I meant short notice in terms of he's fighting tomorrow night.The 1st Jones/Gus fight was a war, going straight into training camp possibly with fight injuries is just stupid.

Does it really matter anyway? Jones fighting anyone but the paper champ would be insane.

I agree it should be Cormier or nobody. I honestly think if he fights Gus again he will destroy him. The focus or preparation wasn't there the last time. He looks a different beast this time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

Anyone see Michael Pages toe hold win last night? He looks legit four first round finishes in a row now and has some serious swagger!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement