Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 39,159 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

All of Mighty Mouse's finishes in one video. immense

https://streamable.com/93w9

• Registered Users Posts: 29,601 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Boom, DC vs Jones main event 200

n507915524_2010510_8306_bigger.jpgAriel Helwani Verified account ‏@arielhelwani

Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 is the new main event for UFC 200 on July 9, it was just announced on "Good Morning America."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Daniel Cormier vs. Jon Jones 2 is the new main event for UFC 200 on July 9, it was just announced on "Good Morning America."

tackily announced :pac:

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/725305852270243840

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

• Registered Users Posts: 6,902 ✭✭✭MagicIRL

And with two simple videos, the world sided with McGregor. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,739 ✭✭✭✭Pudsy33

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    Fcuk sake what's Gunni doing eating nandos this close to a fight?

At least it wasn't steak, we all know the dangers posed by steak.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Spudman_20000

Deadst4r wrote: »

Dana: Dance for me, minions, DANCE!

I reckon we'll have a McGregor tweet at some stage today that blows the UFC200 anouncement to pieces :pac:

Paper chump already tweeting he hadn't decided to fight yet but after the fight on Saturday Jones will be easy! :rolleyes:

Dana: Dance for me, minions, DANCE!

Can you actually imagine Conor and Diaz standing there doing that though?

Seriously? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

Can you actually imagine Conor and Diaz standing there doing that though?

Seriously? :pac::pac::pac::pac::pac:

I was genuinely embarrassed for them watching that video.

The things you do for money....

• Advertisement

Even the official poster for them is lame. The fane made one is perfect!

ChDNmseUYAA6smo.jpg:large

ChDbyZIWkAQZJW_.jpg:large

• Registered Users Posts: 21,380 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

Whoever made that second one is a legend.

They got that "Cake and Chicken" song stuck in my head again.

Whatever else, the UFC poster department have been kept busy with UFC 200 edits.

Thank goodness Conor gave them a kick up the ar$e ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Lukker- wrote: »

In all seriousness, looking at that cringe worthy Good Morning America stuff today, is it any wonder Conor didn't want any hand, act nor part in it?

He must have taken one look at the itinerary, and said no thanks.

He even specifically referred to Tim and Suzie type morning shows in his Facebook statement.

His statement also said "I can not dance for you this time. It is time for the other monkeys to dance."

He predicted dis ting.

Where was Jose Aldo during the videos for that morning show? Does he have a getout card because his PPV numbers are so high or do they not bother flying him around and wasting money on his promotion because he'll pull out injured?

Devastator wrote: »
    Where was Jose Aldo during the videos for that morning show? Does he have a getout card because his PPV numbers are so high or do they not bother flying him around and wasting money on his promotion because he'll pull out injured?
    Nah he's actually in New York. At least he was yesterday.

He missed a radio show he was supposed to go to, didn't show up. So frankie was the only one there.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,850 ✭✭✭Depp

Nah he's actually in New York. At least he was yesterday.

He missed a radio show he was supposed to go to, didn't show up. So frankie was the only one there.

could they not get some random brazillian on? just let on hes translating!

They've missed a trick not having his happy smiling bake on to get everybody ready for the day ahead!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,150 ✭✭✭kumate_champ07

Im looking forward more to Edgar V Aldo rather than Jones V Cormier, anyone else the same? anyone actually think Cormier can win?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

Im looking forward more to Edgar V Aldo rather than Jones V Cormier, anyone else the same? anyone actually think Cormier can win?

I think he actually missed his best chance to beat Jones last weekend. He still can do it though imo, if; he gets his head straight, he focuses his gameplan on his strengths against Jones (clinch?) and it wasn't just ring rust that was affecting Jones recently but rather the effects of his rocky personal life

• Registered Users Posts: 17,335 ✭✭✭✭Utopia Parkway

First fight wasn't even close and I don't think the second will be either providing Jones has shaken off the rust by then. Jones is just way too big and too long for Cormier. Once Cormier couldn't take him down either it was one way traffic.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭John_D80

Joe Duffy to face Mitch Clarke on the 7th of July, on the RDA/Alvarez card. Tough fight. Clarke has a win over Al Iaquinta I think.

Don't be scared homie :pac: This is a great video

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,146 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

John_D80 wrote: »
    Joe Duffy to face Mitch Clarke on the 7th of July, on the RDA/Alvarez card. Tough fight. Clarke has a win over Al Iaquinta I think.

Just looking at Clark's record and he seems to have only fought once per year since joining the UFC. He's 2 wins and 3 losses too, lost to Chiesa last time out but beat Al Laquinta in his fight before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

My God that 199 card is ten times better than 200. could easily be the other way round. Serious depth throughout that card imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,752 ✭✭✭Mr Blobby

akelly02 wrote: »
    My God that 199 card is ten times better than 200. could easily be the other way round. Serious depth throughout that card imo.

Disagree.
    Looking at both cards UFC 199 has a lot of squash matches unlike UFC 200 which has a lot more close fights IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭akelly02

Mr Blobby wrote: »
    Disagree.
    Looking at both cards UFC 199 has a lot of squash matches unlike UFC 200 which has a lot more close fights IMO.

thats why the sport is so great and exciting, different opinions!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,336 ✭✭✭xtal191

Looks like a womens flyweight division could be coming soon

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/725693680565293056

• Advertisement

xtal191 wrote: »
    Looks like a womens flyweight division could be coming soon

https://twitter.com/UFCEurope/status/725693680565293056

They bring it in when no one is scared of Ronda anymore. Fully sure it took them this long because most 135 would have dropped down (if possible)

Anyway, I'm really worried for JoJo in that fight.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement