Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

General MMA Chat/News mk2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

Mellor wrote: »
    To be completely honest I just made it up.
    :pac: :pac: :pac:

Absolutely amazing. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Not sure if this has been posted but Cruz is very interesting to listen to :) Didn't realise he was one of those who brings Jesus and God into everything though :(

• Registered Users Posts: 29,543 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

Usada report potential violation from Mir in his fight against Hunt. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

stephenl15 wrote: »

Not sure if this has been posted but Cruz is very interesting to listen to :) Didn't realise he was one of those who brings Jesus and God into everything though :(

I like listening to Cruz, he seems pretty clued in. Think its bit harsh with the God stuff though lol think that only came in when he talked about his injuries. He's no Ned Flanders anyway ;)
    Zero-Cool wrote: »
    Usada report potential violation from Mir in his fight against Hunt. Will be interesting to see what happens there.

I don't understand why they're announcing these 'potential' violations. I think it would be better if they privately inform the people concerned and only if/when anything is proven make the announcement.

Statement from Mir
    "To all my fans and supporters,
    I recently been notified by USADA that the test I took on the night of the fight came back for a substance that I did not take. I don't know how that is possible as I did not take any performance enhancing drugs (PED) to compete. I have never tested positive for a banned substance since joining the UFC and becoming a 2x champion. I ask all of you to hold judgement [sic] against me until all the facts have been revealed."

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Devastator wrote: »
    I don't understand why they're announcing these 'potential' violations. I think it would be better if they privately inform the people concerned and only if/when anything is proven make the announcement
    I think that's what they do. USADA hasn't actually announcedbit. They informed Mir, and the UFC. And that's who put the story out.

I can't think of a time "potential" violation turned into anything other than a violation. And Mir's "never popped for PEDs" story would be easier to swallow if he wasn't on TRT a while back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Urijah saying it's obvious that TJ was on steroids. Interesting considering he was at TAM for 8 years.

Talks about TJ and PEDS around 10:50

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Lukker- wrote: »
    Urijah saying it's obvious that TJ was on steroids. Interesting considering he was at TAM for 8 years.

Fabers trash talk is so awful. In fairness he has nothing to work with. He has zero chance in this match.

Faber - "TJ post Usada skinny prepubescent teenager i would smoke TJ"
    Cruz - "So you are going down this route are you? So he was training under you for 8 years doing PED's?"
    Faber - "uhhhh i don't know if he was or not"
    Cruz - "Then what are you talking about?"

"Flabby" Cruz and "Skinny prepubescent" TJ put on one of the most skillful fights the UFC has ever seen. Faber couldn't touch either of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,405 ✭✭✭Lukker-

Davei141 wrote: »
    Fabers trash talk is so awful.

Dreadful, Cruz trash talk is underrated too. He really developed it while he was injured. He absolutely destroyed TJ before their fight too.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

Dreadful, Cruz trash talk is underrated too. He really developed it while he was injured. He absolutely destroyed TJ before their fight too.

Faber just keeps talking as much as he can to try drown out Cruz, yet almost everything that is coming out of his mouth is pure rubbish.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Cruz is probably the best trash talker.

McGregor throws loud insults while Cruz just de-constructs his opponent.

• Advertisement

"What's a guillotine?"

Jesus wept.

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

random: what ufc was it where bj penn ran into the octagon?

Dave 101 wrote: »
    random: what ufc was it where bj penn ran into the octagon?

Ran out of the octagon maybe? It was Caol Uno at UFC 34. 11 second KO!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,480 ✭✭✭Devastator

Did anyone else find that Cruz/Faber video very difficult to watch? Yeah theres a couple of moron tv people who don't have a clue but Faber.....F UP! I like them both but I'd be happy to see Cruz get up and either hit him or walk out. He interrupted every single thing Cruz was trying to say. As mentioned earlier his trash talking is balls but we've known that for ages now, he'd be better off just not even trying it and being the friendly surfer type.

I hope Cruz smashes the arse chin off him now when they fight.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,350 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

Paully D wrote: »

recaptured that v Hughes at 123 pretty much

Any news on a fight for Ais Daly? I'm surprised she didn't get on any of the 3 recent/upcoming European cards.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,733 ✭✭✭ASOT

Khabib Horcher will be contested at 160lbs. Makes it a tad more interesting imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,354 ✭✭✭✭martyos121

ASOT wrote: »
    Khabib Horcher will be contested at 160lbs. Makes it a tad more interesting imo.

More of Horcher for Khabib to toss about is all! :)

Can't believe Rose vs. Torres isn't higher up or main eventing a different card, that's a sleeper fight if I've ever seen one and Rose is the next strawweight champ IMO.

martyos121 wrote: »
    More of Horcher for Khabib to toss about is all! :)

Can't believe Rose vs. Torres isn't higher up or main eventing a different card, that's a sleeper fight if I've ever seen one and Rose is the next strawweight champ IMO.

Torres looks in phenomenal Shape, like absolutely shredded to pieces.

I've always rated her but Rose is a more complete fighter I think. Great subs and she's not an awful striker by WSW division standards. If she gets a shot at Joanna, she's trying to take that straight to the ground, and if she manages that, she wins.

Torres is some athlete though, saw her fight live over in Vegas in December on the 194 card and she is in incredible shape. Hell of a wrestler too, but a little on the boring side to put it mildly. This fight will be interesting because if she goes to the ground with Rose, I'd fancy her to find a sub from the bottom.

But as for this fight, Rose has improved much more than Torres did since they fought last.

• Advertisement

martyos121 wrote: »
    I've always rated her but Rose is a more complete fighter I think. Great subs and she's not an awful striker by WSW division standards. If she gets a shot at Joanna, she's trying to take that straight to the ground, and if she manages that, she wins.

Torres is some athlete though, saw her fight live over in Vegas in December on the 194 card and she is in incredible shape. Hell of a wrestler too, but a little on the boring side to put it mildly. This fight will be interesting because if she goes to the ground with Rose, I'd fancy her to find an sub from the bottom.

Rose is class I'd defo rate her a contender in the division , was just saying torres is in great shape for this fight her picture popped up on instagram yesterday! Would be worried for Rose though if she couldn't take JJ down, she's just nasty on the feet altogether.

Rose is class I'd defo rate her a contender in the division , was just saying torres is in great shape for this fight her picture popped up on instagram yesterday! Would be worried for Rose though if she couldn't take JJ down, she's just nasty on the feet altogether.

Absolutely ripped alright, no point in embedding it here though because the pictures posted here a few pages back would put her to shame. :pac:

As for Rose, yeah Joanna would murder her standing up, no doubt about it. I'd like to see JJ tested properly on the ground though (anyone know what her BJJ rank is btw?) and no better woman to do that than Rose.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭NightmareUFC

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭Dave 101

found it, it was ufc 31 his debut

• Registered Users Posts: 2,137 ✭✭✭TimRiggins

Great interview with Court McGee on the MMAHour recently, really inspiring stuff from him. Really hope he wins at the weekend now.

• Registered Users Posts: 39,114 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

s
    he's been like that her whole life apparently. Other fighters have been accusing her of PEDs for a long time. Like during TUF, it was pointed (by one of the bitches) out that she had been on a tear before the show but look average in the house when she was followed 24/7

Not suggesting anything myself, just pointing that bitches be jealous

• Registered Users Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Any news on a fight for Ais Daly? I'm surprised she didn't get on any of the 3 recent/upcoming European cards.

She was certainly campaigning to be on the Zagreb card but to no avail. She's always training though. Paddy hadn't fought since that October card and he's scheduled to fight next month so I wonder if we'll see her around late May/early June.

• Registered Users Posts: 796 ✭✭✭Deadst4r

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

• Advertisement

Hopefully get decent odds on Siver, BJ should be nowhere near an octagon.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement