Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

My missus watched the 1st 2 episodes last night, which meant I saw them by osmosis. Seemed pretty good tbh, she loved it.

I keep my Playstation horizontal (as I mainly use discs), what do ye use to raise it up a bit to allow air flow?
    Currently it's sitting on some 5cent coins I masking taped together. I'm guessing you only really need about 1-2cm of space for airflow underneath

you could use those little sticky pieces of plastic people use in doors to reduce the sound of them slamming, there only small though might not give as much height as the coppers.

to be honest I'm impressed somone managed to find a use for those coins...

• Registered Users Posts: 45,042 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

SeanHarty wrote: »
    to be honest I'm impressed somone managed to find a use for those coins...

I use the to tip the delivery driver, assuming prompt delivery of course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

I use the to tip the delivery driver, assuming prompt delivery of course.

typical D4's.... ;)

also just thought you could use jenga blocks as well.... to prop up the playstation not to tip a delivery driver, don't wanna be giving you any ideas...:P

SeanHarty wrote: »
    typical D4's.... ;)

also just thought you could use jenga blocks as well....

This feels like a drunken disaster waiting to happen... JENGA!!! Shi....

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Anyone tried Fortnite Battle Royale? Free to play and pretty good fun for what it is.

You can play solo or with a squad of up to four. They're adding duos and crate drops next week too

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Anyone tried Fortnite Battle Royale? Free to play and pretty good fun for what it is.

You can play solo or with a squad of up to four. They're adding duos and crate drops next week too

Yep its pretty good especially for free, had a win and all so now I fly is as Mary poppins.

Complaints about the squad mode so far is that there is not enough loot to go around.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Got myself the SNES mini over the weekend, now when my internet is down I can go play mario kart :D

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Where you get it Jonny and how much?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Mickeroo wrote: »

I had it preordered in smyths from day 1 man, it was 90 i think but my card still hasnt been charged :P

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Smyths Jervis St. got a delivery yesterday and have had stock for walk ins(no click and collect available) in most branches throughout the weekend. They are €90.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Might check the local one after work, says out of stock on the website though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

Might check the local one after work, says out of stock on the website though.

It says out of stock for all stores for click and collect. At the bottom of the listing it says that the item is available in-store only.

jonnycivic wrote: »
    I had it preordered in smyths from day 1 man, it was 90 i think but my card still hasnt been charged :P

Got mine in smyths too. Haven't opened it yet.

Got mine in smyths too. Haven't opened it yet.

Super Mario World and Mario Kart are awesome man :D

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Super Mario World and Mario Kart are awesome man :D

Mine is technically an anniversary present from the wife so I should be waiting til October 16th. Don't think I am expected to, though.

Actually, I did open it - just not hooked it up. Find it laughable that they don't supply a plug. The usb cable sure, but not the plug.

Not a massive deal, but still a little annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Mine is technically an anniversary present from the wife so I should be waiting til October 16th. Don't think I am expected to, though.

Actually, I did open it - just not hooked it up. Find it laughable that they don't supply a plug. The usb cable sure, but not the plug.

Not a massive deal, but still a little annoying.

I dont mind that because I can plug it straight into the USB on my telly saving me from using another plug :P
    Meanwhile, I'm just here like...

Well look at you :P I have my Snes in the attic, just I have the NES mini so the SNES mini had to be bought :D

Meanwhile, I'm just here like...

I'll give you €10 for the contents, boss.

I wish I still had all my old consoles. No idea what I did with them.

I don't remember selling the Megadrive or Snes, so they should be somewhere but probably thrown out. Think my N64 is still knocking about at home, but I may have given it to a mate.

I know the dreamcast broke, so thats gone. Was actually considering buying one off boards the other day - someone was selling theirs and a bunch of games for 80.

I'll give you €10 for the contents, boss.

I wish I still had all my old consoles. No idea what I did with them.

I don't remember selling the Megadrive or Snes, so they should be somewhere but probably thrown out. Think my N64 is still knocking about at home, but I may have given it to a mate.

I know the dreamcast broke, so thats gone. Was actually considering buying one off boards the other day - someone was selling theirs and a bunch of games for 80.

Defo get a DC but dont buy games unless they were awesome game such as shenmue, the others can all be gotten elsewhere handy enough ;)

I have sold most my collection over the last few years but I will go back collecting when I get my own place.

Chu Chu Rocket is on the App store on iOS btw. I bought it :P

• Advertisement

Chu Chu Rocket is on the App store on iOS btw. I bought it :P

Brilliant little game :D I still have the original for the DC, actually I have about 5 copies of it :D

I remember saying YEARS ago that I was shocked Chu Chu didn't get many a re-release on other console stores. Would make huge money, imo.

Smyths in tallagh have stock of snes if anyone is looking

so what games are people looking at over the next few months?

In the absence of PUBG on PS4, i downloaded Fotnite yesterday - will look to give that a bit of a bash over the next week. See if battle royale games are as horrible as I imagine them to be!

Star Wards Battlefront 2 looks like it could be amazing fun.

New South Park game looks great - never played the last one so that would be two on my list.

Wolfenstein II: The New Colossus - but i may way til it drops in price to jump on that one.

South Park is probably the main one for me. I'm on the fence about Shadow of War with all the micros transaction talk but might end up getting it after I see reviews.

Other than them there's nothing really interesting me so I'll be working through the backlog and playing PUBG mostly.

New releases mainly: South Park TFBH, Mario Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption

Also buy the X-Com 2 DLC and Total War Warhammer 2 (when I upgrade my GPU)

Play HZD, TLOU and Mad Max for the 1st times

Go back to DOOM and UC4

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Never played first Battlefront OR South Park. Might be tempted.
    HZD DLC is a yes.
    Downloaded Fortnite BR today. See how it goes.
    PUBG, I'd probably play more if it was optimised better. Haven't played it in a while though, so that could have changed.

New releases mainly: South Park TFBH, Mario Odyssey and Red Dead Redemption

Also buy the X-Com 2 DLC and Total War Warhammer 2 (when I upgrade my GPU)

Play HZD, TLOU and Mad Max for the 1st times

Go back to DOOM and UC4

Red Dead getting re-released?

Sorely tempted to but a Switch - really want to play Mario Odysey and MarioXRabbids. A lot of cash to drop on that though.

Also want to get Forza 7 on Xbox, but I don't have an Xbox One X and i'm not going to fork out for it - and it is less appealing to buy it on the 'normal' xbox. for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

RDR2 is next spring is it not?

• Advertisement

Spring is not very far away in Gaming terms though

Advertisement