Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 45,044 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

RDR2 is next spring is it not?

Thought it was June 2018. Not paid much attention to it other than the fact it is getting made.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

HZD dlc and South Park now that Vampyr and RDR2 have been delayed. There's a few sitting in the backlog that also need to be tackled.

Mad max while fun just got way too repetitive, can't see myself ever finishing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Looking forward to AC Origins. Everything since Ezio has been lacklustre but this looks like a return to form.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

Looking forward to AC Origins. Everything since Ezio has been lacklustre but this looks like a return to form.

I thought Black Flag was great, 3 on the other hand was complete arse. Haven't played any of the games after Black Flag.

Angron wrote: »
    I thought Black Flag was great, 3 on the other hand was complete arse. Haven't played any of the games after Black Flag.

Black Flag was one of the worst games I've played. The ship battles were some of the worst gameplay I've ever experienced.

Peak Ubisoft b*****ks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

Played a bit of Metal Gear 5 earlier. Looking forward to some stealthy soldier manoeuvres. Saw some comments it was a bit crazy, meh I thought I've played MG before.
    Ten minutes in I'm on horseback blasting away at some kind of horse riding fiery demon that's been summoned by a midget who appears out of thin air wearing a straight jacket.
    I had been expecting "push Right stick to look around" type tutorial stuff at this point

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Played a bit of Metal Gear 5 earlier. Looking forward to some stealthy soldier manoeuvres. Saw some comments it was a bit crazy, meh I thought I've played MG before.
    Ten minutes in I'm on horseback blasting away at some kind of horse riding fiery demon that's been summoned by a midget who appears out of thin air wearing a straight jacket.
    I had been expecting "push Right stick to look around" type tutorial stuff at this point

I've never really played Metal Gear games, so I didn't really know what to expect from MGS5. This was definitely not what I'd anticipated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Black Flag was one of the worst games I've played. The ship battles were some of the worst gameplay I've ever experienced.

Black flag was a great game....that is all.

I really loved the Apple of Eden, future cataclysm stuff in Assassins Creed. Loved in AC2 (and its semi-sequels) going round and finding the spots to fill in the story - and the eventual reveal of Adam and Eve being 'real', but some sort of future or alien event (can't remember). Remember hearing AC3 and the others moved away from that, so I lost interest.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

I really loved the Apple of Eden, future cataclysm stuff in Assassins Creed. Loved in AC2 (and its semi-sequels) going round and finding the spots to fill in the story - and the eventual reveal of Adam and Eve being 'real', but some sort of future or alien event (can't remember). Remember hearing AC3 and the others moved away from that, so I lost interest.

Yeah there was the slow reveal of the person in the Animus before Desmond, bleeding their experiences to him, iirc? I liked that stuff. I enjoyed (funnily enough) the odd levels your play where you left the Animus and Desmond travelled around in present day having learned the moves of Ezio et al

• Advertisement

PetKing wrote: »
    Yeah there was the slow reveal of the person in the Animus before Desmond, bleeding their experiences to him, iirc? I liked that stuff. I enjoyed (funnily enough) the odd levels your play where you left the Animus and Desmond travelled around in present day having learned the moves of Ezio et al

I always thought the last of the series, or story arc would be set mostly (or majorly) in modern day with you playing as Desmond and Abstergo or whatever they were called being the templar people. Thought the learned actions through Assassin experience would lead that way. A couple of missions or levels had it, but i thought the end of Desmonds story would be him becoming a modern day assassin.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

What ever happened to the rest of the Order 1884 Game? :confused:

What ever happened to the rest of the Order 1884 Game?

Is it worth a punt? Its cheap but heard mixed things

jcd5971 wrote: »

I didn't play it.

What do you mean?

Was there supposed to be other episodes or something?

Spent too long on aesthetics and not enough on gameplay!

I played it, you're not missing out.

What do you mean?

Was there supposed to be other episodes or something?

Yup. It was meant to be an intro to a new series

Yup. It was meant to be an intro to a new series

Seems Sony don't want to put one into production. They own the IP and, as far as I know, haven't tasked anyone with doing something with it. Ready at Dawn were the developers of the first, and I remember them saying they'd like to do another but it isn't their call.

Doesn't seem like they have been up to much since.

Never picked up my preorder copy from Gamestop.

• Advertisement

I'm going to be participating in an interesting community (i guess) event.
    It's called "Reddit vs Darkest Dungeon".
    Not sure if there's been similar on Boards, perhaps the PC Gaming Sub Forum would be the best place to ask.
    Bu essentially, you get a load of players and you share the save file between you, in turns.
    It's something thats been done before for games like Civilisation, Empire Earth etc.
    So like, we all do 5 weeks/dungeons in DD and then you upload the save to the cloud, and pass it on to someone else and do a write up/cliff notes of your run for the next player/rest of the players.
    The key difference is I am planning on Streaming my run on Twitch (but it'll be from PC, as opposed to PS4).
    I'll pop an ole message/post up at the time, but it'll likely be 9pm Wednesday at this stage.
    Could be a fun one as basically the game is being shared by (I think) 20 of us so it could go excellently or horribly

I'm going to be participating in an interesting community (i guess) event.
    It's called "Reddit vs Darkest Dungeon".
    Not sure if there's been similar on Boards, perhaps the PC Gaming Sub Forum would be the best place to ask.
    Bu essentially, you get a load of players and you share the save file between you, in turns.
    It's something thats been done before for games like Civilisation, Empire Earth etc.
    So like, we all do 5 weeks/dungeons in DD and then you upload the save to the cloud, and pass it on to someone else and do a write up/cliff notes of your run for the next player/rest of the players.
    The key difference is I am planning on Streaming my run on Twitch (but it'll be from PC, as opposed to PS4).
    I'll pop an ole message/post up at the time, but it'll likely be 9pm Wednesday at this stage.
    Could be a fun one as basically the game is being shared by (I think) 20 of us so it could go excellently or horribly

What is the point of it? Are you trying to continue a game narative over 20 people, or do you just load it up - do what you can and hand it over? Is it a case you could be handed an absolute mess of a situation and try to retrieve it, amid much hilarity?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

What is the point of it? Are you trying to continue a game narative over 20 people, or do you just load it up - do what you can and hand it over? Is it a case you could be handed an absolute mess of a situation and try to retrieve it, amid much hilarity?

I can picture this happening, someone makes a boo boo and generic loads it up to find out haha

What is the point of it? Are you trying to continue a game narative over 20 people

Yeah, essentially continue the narrative over the ~20 people.
    or do you just load it up - do what you can and hand it over?

Well it's like anything. It is what you make out of it.
    As a huge DD fan I was pushing to make this an "event" hence suggesting streaming it over just playing offline and writing up what happened (I am in a Discord group with the others where they did the "Journal Entries")
    Is it a case you could be handed an absolute mess of a situation and try to retrieve it, amid much hilarity?

Pretty much this yeah. And by all accounts the save file i've being given is not far off that situation.
    jonnycivic wrote: »
    I can picture this happening, someone makes a boo boo and generic loads it up to find out haha

Yeah. I got a lot of "Just to warn you...." when logged in this morning :pac:

If anyone wants more details or to read what happened in the weeks prior to my turn (week 30 -> 35 for me) you can go here in the interim if you so desire (the journal entires are hyper linked).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/70ad3v/reddit_vs_darkest_dungeon_official_thread_mild/

I used to do this with Football Manager. 12 of us I think. Load up a bunch of crap leagues and get a random club. You played for 4 months in game before passing it on.

If anyone wants more details or to read what happened in the weeks prior to my turn (week 30 -> 35 for me) you can go here in the interim if you so desire (the journal entires are hyper linked).
    https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/70ad3v/reddit_vs_darkest_dungeon_official_thread_mild/

Christ imagine me on this.

Right lads ive leveled up your tavern and blacksmith to max but ive accidentally killed all your level 3-5 heros my bad...my bad

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Christ imagine me on this.

Right lads ive leveled up your tavern and blacksmith to max but ive accidentally killed all your level 3-5 heros my bad...my bad

Yeah but you would do that on purpose :pac:

jonnycivic wrote:
    Yeah but you would do that on purpose

I really need to stop chasing lost causes in this game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

MGSV is really hammering home that I don't like stealth games. The game itself is fine and I enjoy some of it but sneaking into a base for 1/2 an hour and then some bs happens is infuriating.

Advertisement