Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Same as Gim, I think you're intentionally meant to dislike some of them at the start so you can eventually warm to them later.

Great game if you power through the 1st Acts tbh. I loved it

• Registered Users Posts: 45,161 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

Will bring one of my PS4 controllers home from work tonight and try the game with that - see if that sorts the 'moving' issue.

But overall I am really enjoying it. Hated Mike at the start (FU WARD!) but warming to him.

One thing I don't like is how I am personally playing the game - picking the game option rather than what I think the person would do. I should probably be role playing it more. One example is down in the basement with Josh when sorting out the water. Option to say you weren't scared or try to prank him. I first selected to prank him but immediately just turned the console off cause i was like "that will absolutely bite me in the ass - I'll be trying to warn him later about an actual threat, he will think its a prank and die 3 seconds later".

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

The last post raises 3 interesting questions
    Why do you have your PS4 controllers in work?
    Can you play your PS4 in work?
    Can I have your job?

I restarted the game about 3/4 of the way through because I made one bad choice (more of an error) that had disastrous consequences.

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can I have your job?

I restarted the game about 3/4 of the way through because I made one bad choice (more of an error) that had disastrous consequences.

Playstation in work - play a mixture of Fifa, Rocket League and CoD at lunch time.

There were two pads - and I had two sitting at home that I wasn't using at the time (cause I just the nacon pad) so I brought them in to play some 4 player Fifa and Rocket League sometimes. Doesn't actually happen much - people generally just play two player fifa or CoD.

Got one of those paddle adapter things for the PS4 pad last week, been meaning to bring a PS4 pad home to check them out.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

gimli2112 wrote: »
    Can I have your job?

There is only 1 person in our clan that can game in their office and has even done a raid from their desk this year :P

• Advertisement

Ah just go with your gut. I wouldn't be fretting too much on your 1st playthrough like that, just enjoy it for what it is :P

Ah just go with your gut. I wouldn't be fretting too much on your 1st playthrough like that, just enjoy it for what it is :P

I doubt there will be a second play through - whoever dies, dies. That will be my Until Dawn story. I don't imagine I will be going for a perfect run, unless I luck upon it first time.

Also... FU Chris, your phone was ringing... it not like I was snooping through your pictures. jerk.

I doubt there will be a second play through - whoever dies, dies. That will be my Until Dawn story. I don't imagine I will be going for a perfect run, unless I luck upon it first time.

Tbh this was my intention too, then I got really invested in trying to rescue one of them from a perilous situation. It was really only a succession of quick time and still time events but really engrossing. When it all went horribly wrong my reaction was something like "What, No!!!, Fcuk this, That's bullS88t" and restarted.
    Playing through from the beginning I saved the 3 I'd already lost up to that point, so in the end they all survived. My initial run was just carnage.

You know you can just Close the Application and if you do so in a timely fashion it won't remember your fe€k up as it doesn't autosave like every single second?

Ah yeah, I'm sure I knew that or at least hope I did. Think I raged quitted came back played on for a while but just couldn't get past it and restarted. It all worked out in the end.

• Advertisement

Completed Until Dawn last night.

Only had 1 death.
    Matt got killer early on, impailed on a spike just after the fire tower fall. Had no QTE to get him out of it, so I assume there was something I had missed earlier.

Some of the character intereaction was so damned funny.

Matt and Emily
    Emily haning on for dear life, by her finger tips. Matt: Save her or CONFRONT HER ABOUT MIKE. Not the time Matt, NOT THE TIME

Ashley -
    When you go down into the sewers and no one will wait 20seconds for you to close the manhole cover - and then they are soooooo relieved when you meet up with them again. Sams like "Oh thank god you made it, so happy to see you!". You could have wait 20 seconds and not leave me on my own you wagon

Does anyone here actually pay for Amazon Prime? Do ye think it's good value for £79 for the year or £8 a month if you don't care about any of the TV shows, music or e-books?

Might be worth keeping it for 3 months for X-mass etc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,957 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Does anyone here actually pay for Amazon Prime? Do ye think it's good value for £79 for the year or £8 a month if you don't care about any of the TV shows, music or e-books?

Might be worth keeping it for 3 months for X-mass etc

I have it great for postage. But can't watch any of the shows, not available in my region I'm being told.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,589 ✭✭✭Hail 2 Da Chimp

jcd5971 wrote: »
    Sometimes I read your posts in the style of slam poetry, I don't know why I just do.
    gimli2112 wrote:
    Just had breakfast and
    realised I'm still hammered
    I'm in work?

Reads more like a haiku but I'm seeing it now too.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

I have it great for postage. But can't watch any of the shows, not available in my region I'm being told.

Prime video is a separate subscription here as it is through the primevideo.com website as opposed to Amazon.co.uk

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,169 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Worth having a look in bargain alerts: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057675723

The power is after going at home.... better today than tomorrow!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,454 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

The power is after going at home.... better today than tomorrow!

I will have to fire those fools, i told them to do it tomorrow :pac:

Man, flakes are just the worst bar of chocolate to accidentally step on!

Just got shipping confirmation from GameStop for the €10 StarCraft 2 Legacy of the Void CE I ordered back in their big CE sale in July... it arrived two days after I ordered it :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

Just got shipping confirmation from GameStop for the €10 StarCraft 2 Legacy of the Void CE I ordered back in their big CE sale in July... it arrived two days after I ordered it

GameStop nuff said

• Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Im afraid to look in the other threads incase i see something spoilerish so im post this here.

Home from hols tomorrow,gonna get a rake of beer in and mate is coming up so gonna set up his PS on a PC monitor and two of us are gonna start Destiny 2 together. Hes waiting till i get home from hols to start,now thats friendship:)

Great hol,and a few days before work to get stuck into destiny,life is good:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭Andy-Pandy

The clan thingy has gone live, I assume that there will be a boards clan. Count me in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

Andy-Pandy wrote: »
    The clan thingy has gone live, I assume that there will be a boards clan. Count me in.

This way.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

So, what would be a good and reasonably inexpensive headset to get for the PS4 for stuff like Destiny?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,067 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Angron wrote: »
    So, what would be a good and reasonably inexpensive headset to get for the PS4 for stuff like Destiny?

Tbh any half decent wired headset will do the job. People will hear you clearly and you don't need to worry about charging it

I've a few headsets and I find the one I use most by far is an Afterglow Lvl 3 that I bought for 30 quid over a year ago. It's the most comfortable one I have anyway

Tbh any half decent wired headset will do the job. People will hear you clearly and you don't need to worry about charging it

I've a few headsets and I find the one I use most by far is an Afterglow Lvl 3 that I bought for 30 quid over a year ago. It's the most comfortable one I have anyway

Indeed, if you are going wireless though you can't go wrong with the Sony 2.0 'gold' headset which can be purchased from Amazon for £50

Lads, Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition (Season pass etc included) is only 4.99 on the store at the moment, I pickedit up last night :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

jonnycivic wrote: »
    Lads, Star Wars Battlefront Ultimate Edition (Season pass etc included) is only 4.99 on the store at the moment, I pickedit up last night :D

Bargain whore strikes again.

• Advertisement

Bargain whore strikes again.

Hey, my bargain hunting is booming at the moment :D

And who doesnt love some star wars in fairness.

Advertisement