Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Tower Bar - Off Topic Chat

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Pick up South Park TSoT last night for a 5er. Haven't started it yet, but will get stuck in this week at some point. Haven't watched South Park in a few years, so hopefully won't be too out of the loop.

damn that's great value, must keep an eye on CDKeys if anyone popes up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 45,044 ✭✭✭✭Mitch Connor

For no reason I can think of I never got round to playing TSoT - even though I love South Park. Not ordered the new game either.

Really need to rectify that at some point. Might see if I can get them both soonish.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭sniper_samurai

For no reason I can think of I never got round to playing TSoT - even though I love South Park. Not ordered the new game either.

Really need to rectify that at some point. Might see if I can get them both soonish.

TSoT comes free with TFbW atm. Grabbed my copy from Game Collection, cost me €41.

TSoT comes free with TFbW atm. Grabbed my copy from Game Collection, cost me €41.

Damn, I'd have jumped on at that price. 50euro now though. Will check again on pay day.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

A Fortnite message group? Might start playing a little more.

• Advertisement

dudeeile wrote: »

defiantly add me to that if you make one

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

Add me to that too if you're setting one up

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

Add me too, I'll bring my sword! (:

Sure you can't even turn on your console!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

Damn, I'd have jumped on at that price. 50euro now though. Will check again on pay day.

The end of SoT is the beginning of FBW. Just in case you were thinking of playing the new one first.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,470 ✭✭✭SolvableKnave

Sure you can't even turn on your console!

giphy.gif

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 18,437 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kimbot

Yeah Ill give it a bash, might even pay for a founders pack this week since its going cheap :P

Might have to pick up one of these for the kids.

https-2f2fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com2fuploads2fcard2fimage2f6261422fa4241c9a-a84a-4632-b962-9c6d5f299b94-1508501273.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭nevelator

Might have to pick up one of these for the kids.

https-2f2fblueprint-api-production.s3.amazonaws.com2fuploads2fcard2fimage2f6261422fa4241c9a-a84a-4632-b962-9c6d5f299b94-1508501273.jpg

What is this, a touchpad for ants!

nevelator wrote: »
    What is this, a touchpad for ants!

Controller for those younger gamers, or adults with trumps teeny tiny hands

My Power is back on.
    This is a glorious day!

• Registered Users Posts: 25,060 ✭✭✭✭My name is URL

My Power is back on.
    This is a glorious day!

It could be knocked off again tonight!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭jcd5971

It could be knocked off again tonight!

We can only hope totz only hope

Used some vouchers I had at home at the weekend and bought South Park and Gran Turismo Sport.

Haven't had a chance to get stuck into GT Sport yet but have put a few hours into Stick of Truth (gonna complete it before starting on Fractured Butthole.) Having a blast with it - just past the
    Alien Abduction section - the boss fight was pissing me off til I realised I could equip all my gear - I had been going round in my PJs... ah well. Good fun

Really enjoying the Fractured But Whole, I'm about 12 hours in, so just about 2/3rds of the way through. Very funny so far :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,781 ✭✭✭PetKing

Anyone have PS4 system software update issues going to 5.01? Went to power on PS4 from standby a while ago to see a dead blank blue screen. Controller didn't do anything and power button and disc eject were non-responsive on console. Had to pull the plug. System rebooted and asked for software version 5.0 or later on a USB. My external drive compatible with the PS4 was at work, so I clicked cancel. System rebooted twice doing 2 storage checks in the process before restarting and loading in to the dashboard finally. 5.01 is now downloading?? Just seems odd that this happened the day 5.01 came out. Could a failed update have stalled the system while in the low power state?

PetKing wrote: »
    Anyone have PS4 system software update issues going to 5.01? Went to power on PS4 from standby a while ago to see a dead blank blue screen. Controller didn't do anything and power button and disc eject were non-responsive on console. Had to pull the plug. System rebooted and asked for software version 5.0 or later on a USB. My external drive compatible with the PS4 was at work, so I clicked cancel. System rebooted twice doing 2 storage checks in the process before restarting and loading in to the dashboard finally. 5.01 is now downloading?? Just seems odd that this happened the day 5.01 came out. Could a failed update have stalled the system while in the low power state?

That can happen from unplugging the machine without fully powering off the machine. You were lucky, the only guaranteed way of getting out of that loop is a full system reset.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,146 ✭✭✭dudeeile

PetKing wrote: »
    Could a failed update have stalled the system while in the low power state?

I would say yes, I've had that happen to me so I just disabled auto update of system software.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

With the upcoming Dart strikes it looks like I've blagged a laptop to work from home.
    On an unrelated topic what's the min specs to run Destiny 2?

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,145 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

gimli2112 wrote: »
    With the upcoming Dart strikes it looks like I've blagged a laptop to work from home.
    On an unrelated topic what's the min specs to run Destiny 2?

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/109713

What cpu/gpu is it?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,407 ✭✭✭✭gimli2112

ah I'm only kidding it'll probably be ten years old

gimli2112 wrote: »
    ah I'm only kidding it'll probably be ten years old

work laptops are the worst...:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,956 ✭✭✭OptimusTractor

SeanHarty wrote: »
    work laptops are the worst...:mad:

No. Wizards are the worst.

• Advertisement

I'm going to start playing TLOU for the 1st as soon as the Prestige Raid is done.

I bought it 2 years ago :pac:

Advertisement