Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car Statistics 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,719 ✭✭✭✭AMKC
    Ms

Just wondering. How are Mini doing? Am not seeing as many new ones of them. Am surprised that the Countryman ain,t doing better. I think its classy looking car.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

R.O.R wrote: »
    Are DS now listed as a seperate manufacturer for the statistics? Coming through as a different manufacturer on my data since late last year - might explain why figures are down.

Importer changed late last year too and they seem to be in a bit of a mess. Still waiting on pricing for 2016, and a DS3 I ordered in September.....

Nope - all reported in the same headline Citroen brand. DS3 sold 7, DS4 sold 13 and DS5 sold 5. Really poor.

AMKC wrote: »
    Just wondering. How are Mini doing? Am not seeing as many new ones of them. Am surprised that the Countryman ain,t doing better. I think its classy looking car.

Mini up to 190 from 165. Countryman well down on last year on 23, personally i think its a shocking looking motor. Hatch on 129 and Clubman are up on last year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

New model countryman coming in the next 12 months and the new Clubman and 5 door hatch have also probably eaten into Countryman sales too.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,227 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

carsfan wrote: »
    I'm interested in a 330e but dealer says they're not coming into the country until late March so I presume they are waiting until then to start promoting them.
    These phev cars will be only of interest to a minority for a good while I guess.

Will it really be of interest only to a minority; surely it will have a significant power uplift on the 318d/320d for a much lower price - perhaps €10k lower or more. I doubt that anyone will see the weight penalty caused by the battery pack and you will surely have nothing liked the claimed fuel economy. However, for an urban dweller, I would have thought this was a keenly priced pocket rocket when compared to the 320d.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 520 ✭✭✭WhatsGoingOn2

How many cars did VW sell last January?
    Would be interested to see if the emissions scandal affected them much.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

Don't go by numbers watch the %
    Also watch Audis % as with the uplift in the economy they've been taking VW customers

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

3215 last year, 3748 this year but I suppose if sales are up 33.6 as a whole VW sales are down as they should be about 4295 if they gained by whole figures.

http://www.irishtimes.com/business/retail-and-services/new-car-sales-up-34-as-hyundai-topples-vw-from-top-spot-1.2517964

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

Shannon757 wrote: »
    Anyone know where you could get truck/tractor sales statistics?

Beep beep have stats for vans and trucks iirc.

• Registered Users Posts: 199 ✭✭CorkMan_

RedorDead wrote: »
    .....Countryman well down on last year on 23, personally i think its a shocking looking motor.......

Anyone buying one should be shot. IMO. Horrid things and an abomination to the mini name.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 758 ✭✭✭Agent_47

R.O.R wrote: »
    Are DS now listed as a seperate manufacturer for the statistics? Coming through as a different manufacturer on my data since late last year - might explain why figures are down.

Importer changed late last year too and they seem to be in a bit of a mess. Still waiting on pricing for 2016, and a DS3 I ordered in September.....

New DS3 facelift available from this month. I would not be buying the old version

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭FrontDoor

Did a bit of looking around last weekend.

My impression is that used cars are pretty expensive relative to new cars and that new cars have rarely been cheaper.

Anybody come across good cash deals on Passat/Superb/Mondeo type new cars? Was offered a base Superb for 26500 for example.

Are there any crossovers out there with a decent boot?

Ms

@Frontdoor Are you looking for new or second hand?

@Frontdoor Are you looking for new or second hand?
    Its a buddy of mine who is buying.

He'd prefer second hand, but not if the gap between new and used is small.

Something like an Octavia then is 24k for cash by the time you have the same kit you get on the Superb as standard. The base version is very basic.

Ms

It might be cheaper for him to buy new. Look at the P.C.P offers. The Renault Kadjar, new Kia Sportage and Nissan Qushqui have decent boots around 500 litres. Could have a look at the Mitsubishi Outlander too and see could he afford one on P.C.P the 5 seater version of it has a huge boot.

It might be cheaper for him to buy new. Look at the P.C.P offers. The Renault Kadjar, new Kia Sportage and Nissan Qushqui have decent boots around 500 litres. Could have a look at the Mitsubishi Outlander too and see could he afford one on P.C.P the 5 seater version of it has a huge boot.
    It looks that its nearly better to go new alright.

What the story with these scrappage schemes? I saw one there on the TV for Hyundai. 4k off with your old car. Are those schemes available if you don't have a scrappage vehicle?

Ms

With the scrappage schemes you have to have a vehicle to scrap. The Hyundai Tucson is another crossover he could look at. Might get a good deal if he was going to buy the car straight from a dealer and with cash. Dealers prefer not having a trade in on new cars because that is more work for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Most of these scrappage schemes are not really scrappage as in they do not necessarily mean that your old car will be scrapped. Anything half decent will be sold through the trade onto smaller dealers. Most require your car to have a valid NCT, maybe taxed and/or upto 10 years old. So really to benefit the most from these schemes you need your old car to have a low resale value along with the other qualifying criteria.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,129 ✭✭✭my friend

bazz26 wrote: »
    Most of these scrappage schemes are not really scrappage as in they do not necessarily mean that your old car will be scrapped. Anything half decent will be sold through the trade onto smaller dealers. Most require your car to have a valid NCT, maybe taxed and/or upto 10 years old. So really to benefit the most from these schemes you need your old car to have a low resale value along with the other qualifying criteria.

Yes, some also require that you have owned the 'scrappage' vehicle for > 6 months and proof that it was on the road...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

Stats from Norway for Jan. Some interesting numbers in it. Population is similar to Ireland.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ea9zfnrjryxahof/Screen%20Shot%202016-02-07%20at%2020.39.36.png?dl=0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭flamegrill

flamegrill wrote: »
    Stats from Norway for Jan. Some interesting numbers in it. Population is similar to Ireland.

4000 Teslas in total registered in Norway!!

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

Any figures available for the first 10 days of February ?

End of Month numbers in for February. Market is up over 34% this year vs last year.

Main story in February is the bounceback of VW who are number one by a considerable distance. Hyundai still there or thereabouts with Tucson continuing to sell like hotcakes. Thought Sportage would do better.

Figures courtesy of BeepBeep.ie

Top Feb Sellers as follows:

1. VW 2517
    2. Toyota 2067
    3. Hyundai 2060
    4. Ford 2037
    5. Nissan 1886
    6. Skoda 1620
    7. Opel 1257
    8. Renault 1227
    9. Kia 1072
    10. Audi 901
    11. BMW 726
    12. Dacia 700
    13. Peugeot 600
    14. Mercedes 474
    15. Seat 414

Top Selling Models

1. Tucson 1142
    2. Golf 826
    3. Octavia 817
    4. Qashqai 737
    5. Focus 621
    6. Sportage 604
    7. Passat 579
    8. Fiesta 522
    9. Yaris 489
    10. Corolla 479
    11. Kuga 461
    12. Kadjar 446
    13. Astra 431
    14. Rav Range 403
    15. Duster 380

• Registered Users Posts: 4,299 ✭✭✭goochy

would like to know the Feb. figures for likes of Audi, lexus , land rover , cant seem to find brand by brand listings.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,161 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Interesting, Corolla and Avensis used to be big sellers for Toyota here, now the Corolla is at 10th and the Auris and Avensis are not even in the top 15. A combination of more people moving to crossovers and the likes of the Auris and Avensis just not being good enough for their segments.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

RedorDead wrote: »
    1. VW 2517

2. Golf 826

7. Passat 579

So just 1405 of 2517 are Golf/Passats. Nearly half VW sales are something else (Polo,Touran, Tiguan, UP! ..., Scirocco? )

• Registered Users Posts: 81,705 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Interesting the Tucson doesn't even make it in to the UK top 10 for January...

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2016/02/uk-new-car-market-starts-2016-on-a-high-with-best-january-in-11-years/

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Interesting the Tucson doesn't even make it in to the UK top 10 for January...

http://www.smmt.co.uk/2016/02/uk-new-car-market-starts-2016-on-a-high-with-best-january-in-11-years/

Not surprising really, they are very loyal to their UK built cars and the Qashqai is still king there. We are also less brand conscious and would drive a dustbin if it had low tax.

I also see the C class is in the top 10, once the preserve of the faltering and underwhelming 3 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭ofcork

bazz26 wrote: »
    Interesting, Corolla and Avensis used to be big sellers for Toyota here, now the Corolla is at 10th and the Auris and Avensis are not even in the top 15. A combination of more people moving to crossovers and the likes of the Auris and Avensis just not being good enough for their segments.

I thought the auris would do better good looking car now,the avensis is just a facelift really of a car around since 09,the growth in crossovers is a big factor as you say.7 of the 15 are and no large saloon there except the passat, avensis/mondeo etc,sales of these have been hit by the crossovers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 73,410 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

We are also less brand conscious and would drive a dustbin if it had low tax.

See number 15 :)

Advertisement