Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car Statistics 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

jon1981 wrote: »
    I'd probably put Hyundai ahead of Opel ,Fiat and Mitsubishi in terms of look and quality though.

There would be no probably about it for me. I'd easily put hyundai ahead of any of those. Everyone has a different opinion though :)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

Bigcheeze wrote: »
    Are Qashqai's still hard to get ? If so I'm guessing the lack of Qashqais is boosting the Tucson. Similar price and look.

Qasqai isn't good looking, and you get great extras for your money with the Tucson, gotta love the superman grill.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭icom

The new Skoda superb was launched in Sept and a 4 month waiting list. Don't know if there were any other models launched that might skewer the figures slightly.

The new Sportage hits the roads in February, should move KIA up the table a bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

What the hell is a Kadjar, sounds like a venereal disease and 456 got it :p

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,077 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

It's a Renault. Yeah, given the choice of a Renault or a strain of VD, I'd go for the latter!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Looks like their version of the Qashqai

kadjar-7.jpg?itok=SCDRDkqq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 499 ✭✭evlgmaojr27ypu

kbannon wrote: »
    It's a Renault. Yeah, given the choice of a Renault or a strain of VD, I'd go for the latter!
    Yeah I had to google it. Looks okay actually, but why would you name it such a thing. Don't they spend millions on marketing and was that the best they could come up with. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,466 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Yeah I had to google it. Looks okay actually, but why would you name it such a thing. Don't they spend millions on marketing and was that the best they could come up with. :rolleyes:

It's no worse than qashqai, Passat, fiesta etc. If you heard those names fresh, you'd probably have a similar reaction.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

What's the petrol/diesel split this year compared to this time last year? I think one of the reasons why Hyundai are top dog is because they tend to register everything at the start of the month and then as the months go on we'll see their true market share.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,102 ✭✭✭✭Drummerboy08

What's the petrol/diesel split this year compared to this time last year? I think one of the reasons why Hyundai are top dog is because they tend to register everything at the start of the month and then as the months go on we'll see their true market share.

No, I think they got their stock right this year.

Each dealer in the country got at least 20 Tuscon to sell early doors, which has helped hugely as an example.

Compare that to the Skoda Superb which if you want one, in all probability you're waiting the bones of 4 months for it.

If you dont have it you can't sell it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

JamboMac wrote: »
    Qasqai isn't good looking, and you get great extras for your money with the Tucson, gotta love the superman grill.

Well the looks are a matter of opinion. I think the new qashqai is a big improvement in looks over the old one.

Nissan being Japanese probably has slightly more up market brand image than Koreans.

I can only conclude that lead times are hurting the Nissan numbers as I can't see it being outsold 4 to 1.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Tucson is 2 years younger than the current Qashqai plus the Qashqai gets expensive as you go up the range. Also the old ix35 was a good seller and I'm sure upgrading to the Tucson from an ix35 will be an automatic choice for a lot of owners. In saying that I'm sure the Qashqai will still have strong sales as the year progresses. I wouldn't think Nissan's image is hugely superior to Hyundai's either. Hyundai manage to sell a decent amount of conventional hatchbacks whereas Nissan struggle more.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

2016 Tucson next door to me, quite the aggressive looking vehicle.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,159 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Wheels look a bit lost under the arches though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,662 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

Aye. Just saw online they max out around the €45k mark, that's big bucks!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,794 ✭✭✭Jesus.

If the Tucson is top I take it they come with small diesel engines?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,178 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

Jesus. wrote: »
    ...and low road tax;)

• Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭kodirl

Does anyone know the info as above title? Or even where I can obtain this info?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

Jesus. wrote: »

Your powers of deduction are incredible, that or you must be psychic?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,162 ✭✭✭MarkN

kodirl wrote: »

Petrol, I'd be surprised if it was more than 10 and even that is being optimistic!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Diesel is 72%, petrol is 26% with the others making up 2%. Expect petrol share to grow towards 30% by year end i would think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

kodirl wrote: »

13 x Golf GTI done so far with 16 x Golf R done. Waaaaay up on last year. Last year they had 6 x GTI done and 1 x R done at the same stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

It may be a good value etc. but one look at the base engines will tell you why. These power units are not powerful enough to move a 1.45t and 1.6t car for petrol and diesel engine, respectively. The 136 bhp diesel is almost 1.8t. With a half decent engine the price tag is 37k and at that it does not look like a good value any more. For that you will get a larger and more powerful Honda CR-V which is also about 100kg lighter. A no brainer.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

The 1.7d Tucson takes about 13 seconds to get to 100 kph. The 1.6d Kadjar does it in under 10 seconds.

I'd be interested in a Tucson when my car is due for change later this year. But that dismal acceleration performance is putting me off (though I haven't test driven it yet, I admit).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

not wanting to sound too condescending, but 13 seconds to 100km/h is probably not a million miles away from some of it's competitors really, is it? i've not seen a Kadjar in the flesh, but from the photos i'd be expecting it to be much smaller than a Tucson.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭youtheman

not wanting to sound too condescending, but 13 seconds to 100km/h is probably not a million miles away from some of it's competitors really, is it? i've not seen a Kadjar in the flesh, but from the photos i'd be expecting it to be much smaller than a Tucson.

My point is that both cars are comparable, at least they are in the same segment. And the one with the bigger engine takes approximately 30% longer to get to 100 kph.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

youtheman wrote: »
    My point is that both cars are comparable, at least they are in the same segment. And the one with the bigger engine takes approximately 30% longer to get to 100 kph.

The kajar is lighter and it has more bhp. There is more to a car than how long it takes to get from 0-60mph though.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,952 ✭✭✭JamboMac

You don't buy an suv for it 0-60 do you? Surely you'd buy a completely different car if that's a priority.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,914 ✭✭✭GavMan

i've not seen a Kadjar in the flesh, but from the photos i'd be expecting it to be much smaller than a Tucson.

The Tucson is 25mm longer, 10mm wider and 45mm taller than the Kadjar. So really nothing in the difference

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    The kajar is lighter and it has more bhp. There is more to a car than how long it takes to get from 0-60mph though.

Of course there is and in a real life you hardly use it. I'd be more concerned abut the kerb weight for the diesel versions 1.7-1.8t for a small SUV is frankly ridiculous. The car may be new but the design approach that Hyundai used for creating it is old.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

Advertisement