Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

New Car Statistics 2016

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,244 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Doesn't the trade in just cover the balloon payment on the car, meaning they now have to come up with a new deposit again?

No there "should" be an excess to count as a deposit on a new PCP; else wise they can't keep you on the drug!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,646 ✭✭✭walus

Jesus. wrote: »
    Leave it with me

Great! I'll need you again in 2018. I hope you will be still around.

”Where’s the revolution? Come on, people you’re letting me down!”

• Registered Users Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭black & white

Anyone know how Volvo sales are going, specifically the V40 ? Thinking of looking at a new one over the weekend and just curious about how in demand they are.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 11,690 ✭✭✭✭Skylinehead

What's 25k gonna buy you? Dacia Duster? Oh please god no.
    A Fiesta ST2.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,490 ✭✭✭stefanovich

A Fiesta ST2.
    Yeah I was messing a bit I must confess.

I doubt there are any real begrudgers here, just messers!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

What a revolting statement it is to buy a new car.

The only people I know who need to worry about what they drive are sales folks with customers who expect them to appear in a certain kind of car, and they generally drive a company car or get an allowance to buy the right kind.

Literally nobody else on the planet cares what I drive, so buying a car as a statement would be pretty stupid.

• Registered Users Posts: 474 ✭✭argentum

I just bought a new Kuga and couldn't care if people think I'm an idiot for buying new.Im not mechanically minded so new is perfect with a 5 year warranty. I know that there's a big depreciation but I change every 4 years and always get a good deal. I don't use a pcp but get a cheap rate from the car dealer and that's fine.To me it's a no brainer, it's my one treat to have a nice car, simple as.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Didnt get around to posting the 20 day figures last week with all the outages so see below. VW have moved up a place and Renault have slipped a few.

Overall market now up 38%. Looks like a shootout for topspot between toyota hyundai and ford. Cant see the rest making any inroads at this point.

Top Sellers so far as follows:

1. Toyota 3308
    2. Hyundai 3295
    3. Ford 2937
    4. VW 2196
    5. Nissan 1665
    6. Renault 1419
    7. Skoda 1414
    8. BMW 1080
    9. Kia 1042
    10. Opel 1012
    11. Audi 900
    12. Dacia 763
    13. Peugeot 720
    14. Mercedes 709
    15. Mazda 646

Top Selling Models:

1. Tucson 1646
    2. Focus 1055
    3. Corolla 941
    4. Fiesta 854
    5. Golf 765
    6. Octavia 722
    7. Yaris 713
    8. Auris 665
    9. Qashqai 539
    10. Kadjar 530
    11. Avensis 507
    12. Passat 468
    13. Duster 391
    14. I40 386
    15. Kuga 379

I wonder how Subaru are doing at the same time?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

id say the Kadjar will move up the list, im seeing loads of new one in the last week

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭Squeaksoutloud

Anyone know how Volvo sales are going, specifically the V40 ? Thinking of looking at a new one over the weekend and just curious about how in demand they are.

Thanks

Some info on Volvo sales figures and the V40:

http://www.galwayindependent.com/motoring/topics/articles/2016/01/20/4112839-2015-was-bestever-year-for-volvo/

• Registered Users Posts: 9,660 ✭✭✭Voodoomelon

The Tuscon sales are astounding. One model making up over half of that manufacturer's sales.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,027 ✭✭✭Lantus

I know quite a few family and friends who are exchanging 10 year old + cars for 161's. They have kids, stable jobs and a requirement for reliability. If your not buying model x because it matches your aspirational lifestyle then a car is just a commodity and should be treated as such. Compare all your finance options and the total cost over at least three years to help decide what is best, cheapest and right for you.

Hopefully will be getting my new car soon. Can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

The Tuscon sales are astounding. One model making up over half of that manufacturer's sales.

I've seen a lot of them on the roads in the last few weeks. They seem to be very popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,404 ✭✭✭✭road_high

Renault Kadjar at no 4 is a bit of a surprise...seen a few one out on the road, they do look good. Must be competitively priced.
    Opels range is starting to look a bit tired but for the new Astra. Need a new Insignia and some thing more than the Mokka in the crossover class.

No Opel model in the top 15, it probably won't stay away once the Astra gets going, but says a lot from when they would have had 3 in the top ten.

walus wrote: »

Badly id say, can't remember when i last saw a new one...

argentum wrote: »
    I just bought a new Kuga and couldn't care if people think I'm an idiot for buying new.Im not mechanically minded so new is perfect with a 5 year warranty. I know that there's a big depreciation but I change every 4 years and always get a good deal. I don't use a pcp but get a cheap rate from the car dealer and that's fine.To me it's a no brainer, it's my one treat to have a nice car, simple as.

I think the Kuga is a very good vehicle. Doubt the depreciation is any worse than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

People seem to say good things about the Kuga alright, can't see them depreciating too badly.

the EcoSport on the other hand, no way would i put my hard earned into one, can see them being worth the square root of **** all pretty swiftly.

People seem to say good things about the Kuga alright, can't see them depreciating too badly.

the EcoSport on the other hand, no way would i put my hard earned into one, can see them being worth the square root of **** all pretty swiftly.

The EcoSport I believe is built in India and has more of a second world market aim, a bit like Dacias. Not sure if they're priced accordingly though...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭Toyotafanboi

road_high wrote: »
    The EcoSport I believe is built in India and has more of a second world market aim, a bit like Dacias. Not sure if they're priced accordingly though...

yeah, it looks very flimsy, like something they slapped together on a quiet Thursday afternoon from bits they had left over from other models.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭duffman3833

Its a fiesta on steroids :)

road_high wrote: »
    Badly id say, can't remember when i last saw a new one...

Exactly...and for that reason would love to know the actual numbers.

Exactly...and for that reason would love to know the actual numbers.

According to Beepbeep.ie from SIMI stats, they sold just 199 total vehicles in 15. Difficult enough to sustain a presence on those low figures, no money for marketing compared to the big fishes such as VW, Toyota, Renault etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭RedorDead

Thanks

Volvo on 287 after 20 days. Up from 233 at same point last year so a modest increase. V40 is down from 85 to 68 so not doing that great really!

Subaru on 23 cars down from 36 at same point last year. Mainly all Forester and Outback.
    id say the Kadjar will move up the list, im seeing loads of new one in the last week

Kadjar has had a great first 10 days but only sold something like 100 in the second week. Either a supply shortage or its shot its metaphorical load already :D

• Registered Users Posts: 81,988 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Would be interesting to get a breakdown of male/female purchasers of each model. I've mostly seen women driving the Tucsons that I have seen.

Would be interesting to get a breakdown of male/female purchasers of each model. I've mostly seen women driving the Tucsons that I have seen.

Women in general love the aul High-n-dries.
    The i30 especially. Reckon a lot of ex civic lady drivers have gone there.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,540 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

Thanks for these latest updates RedorDead.

Seeing as you seem to be 'in the know' about these kind of things, I assume the petrol/diesel split is pretty much unchanged from the 10 day figures? Also, are BMW and Volvo having any success with their PHEV models?

Both manufacturers offer PHEVs at similar (or in the case of the 3 series, cheaper) prices to the cheapest diesel version in the range, but of course these PHEVs offer far superior performance, better (on paper) mpg and much lower CO2 emissions and a useful motor tax saving as well, however this is conservative Ireland and I have seen no advertising of PHEVs by BMW whatsoever. The Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV is by far the most popular model of the Outlander range in the UK (it helps that it is the same price as the diesel), so popular in fact they can't keep up with demand. Is it the same story in Ireland??

• Registered Users Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Its a fiesta on steroids :)

A fiesta is probably better built though.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭carsfan

Would have thought Volvo would have gone up more what with the new xc90 out now and suv sales up again?
    Have they sold more xc90 than bmw have done x5 or Audi Q7 ?

Advertisement