Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

All national libraries are due to open then under phase 2.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Celcius moving to the old Art & Hobby shop in Castle street

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

They used to be in Castle street years ago weren't they?

Ciarrai76 wrote: »

Yes indeed... further down the street though...the shop across from the original Willie Ryles

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Good timing as they'll have many months of disruption where they currently are when works finally get underway on Russell St.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

Ashe Street it was where they were. I thik they weere in Killarney as well at some point

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,344 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

cms88 wrote: »
    Ashe Street it was where they were. I thik they weere in Killarney as well at some point

They were also in Castle street..

They were also in Castle street..

They were also in the Tralee shopping center

They've been around :D

He should rebrand it to Manwhores :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,592 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Tralee has a shopping centre??

Tralee has a shopping centre??

its in Bridge Street, not so much a shopping centre anymore, but it was the first of its kind in Tralee in the 80's! Its also known as the shopping arcade.

Its got more vacant units in it now than filled unfortunately. Needs a lot of upgrading done to it, but the majority owners are just sitting on the empty units for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

The russel arcade was fantastic - liam o connor's toy shop was the highlight, I bought my first Action Force figure there - the NES when it came out was playable in the toy shop when it moved to the back of the arcade. good memories!

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Paulrio456

Hi everyone. Hope it’s ok to post this on here as a few were enquiring when the burger shack will reopen. We are looking at 4/5 weeks as we are doing an extensive renovation and workers are only getting back now. Nervous uncertainty ahead for all businesses. Good to see so many doing improvements too. Hope to see ye all soon. Paul.

bobdcow wrote: »
    The russel arcade was fantastic - liam o connor's toy shop was the highlight, I bought my first Action Force figure there - the NES when it came out was playable in the toy shop when it moved to the back of the arcade. good memories!

I think the Russell arcade was different to the Tralee shopping centre/arcade. The Russell arcade was in where Shaws in now?

Lifestyle sports in The Mall is officially closed..all stock has been removed

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

Was the lease up for renewal? Or is this chain wide?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭cms88

No great surprise. Wouldn't think thre was a whole lot going on in there

• Registered Users Posts: 427 ✭✭Pirates Ale

Were they not in Abbey court too at one stage?

• Registered Users Posts: 182 ✭✭mitchelsontour

I think the Russell arcade was different to the Tralee shopping centre/arcade. The Russell arcade was in where Shaws in now?

Ya thats where the Russell arcade was.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

cms88 wrote: »
    No great surprise. Wouldn't think thre was a whole lot going on in there
    Yeah, small and poorly stocked in comparison with other outlets in town. No great loss, except for the staff of course.

One of the town centre's biggest weaknesses is the proliferation of small units that are of absolutely no use to most chain stores. Needs to be more consolidation of vacent units wherever possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

Apologies! When people started talking about Shopping Centers I though I'd drop in my 2 cents, I neglected to say it was in what is now Shaws!

In the Manor Lifestyle there were staff working a few days ago with a lot of stock on the floor, could have come from the Town Center shop?

kn wrote: »

The lease was up... they had decide not to extend it before the pandemic...

Ya thats where the Russell arcade was.

The Russell Arcade is going back a bit. That went downhill as soon as the Shopping Centre opened and the Shopping Centre went downhill as soon as Manor opened......and so it goes.....

bobdcow wrote: »

I remember Carroll's was at the front and all the comics were there. The toy store was further down. Got an evil kenevil there one Christmas. It is the one Christmas present I always remember - loved it. And of course he did a show in the ASP back in the early 80's cowboy's and everything. It was really unique at the time I remember it really well. A Friday night I'm going to say circa 1983.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭CiarraiAbu2

I remember Carroll's was at the front and all the comics were there. The toy store was further down. Got an evil kenevil there one Christmas. It is the one Christmas present I always remember - loved it. And of course he did a show in the ASP back in the early 80's cowboy's and everything. It was really unique at the time I remember it really well. A Friday night I'm going to say circa 1983.

Anybody remember the name of the bakery/cafe in there or who owned it.

Was it cameo?

I heard a while back they were leaving there. Nearly sure the lease was up and they weren't renewing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,385 ✭✭✭✭Sardonicat

I remember Carroll's was at the front and all the comics were there.
    I used to get my copies of "Smash Hits" and "No. 1" in there. They were bimonthly and came out on alternate weeks. When I was younger I use to get "Girl" magazine in there - it was a comic for tweenies - a bit more grown up than Bunty and Tammy. I felt very grown up calling in on my way home from school once a week for my magazine order! Do such things even exist any more for children and young teens?

• Advertisement

I am almost sure I saw the name mentioned somewhere a few months ago and I can't think of it at all now. I have a vague memory of a bakery there. I remember the arcade, and snippets of what was in there, but I was too young to really remember much about it. I have a lot clearer memory of the shopping centre.

Advertisement