Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tralee thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bobdcow

I bought a 10L tub of outdoor paint no hassle in Boyles in Clash (near the racecourse). I rang before hand and they had it ready for collection when I arrived. Very quick and efficient service.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

The amount of cars parked and people walking the canal today was disgusting. And before anyone asks,I'm an essential worker and was just passing while doing my daily taking my life into my own hands job. While these dopes are cramming up the walkways for €350 a week.
    Are the guards not arsed anymore because I have yet to run into one of them since the lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Sully34

BPKS wrote: »
    The Chinese restaurants must be getting ready to re-open so:eek:

Oh and since everyone has been discussing racial abuse online

• Registered Users Posts: 3,867 ✭✭✭kn

newman10 wrote: »
    Hi

Does anyone know if/when Argos are reopening, nothing on their website and no response to emails

Thanks

Looks like June 8th.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,803 ✭✭✭An Ciarraioch

Water is off in the Killeen area of Oakpark - nothing about it on Radio Kerry or the Council's Twitter, so must be a burst pipe, rather than any scheduled works.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 ComputerTech

I got the following text to my phone from Irish Water
    Burst Water Main - Kerry
    Repairs to a burst water main my cause supply disruption to
    Oakpark, Kileen, Clogherbrien, Ballyroe, Baloonagh, Kerrins Park,
    Spa, Tralee and Surrounding areas in Co. Kerry.
    Crews are working to restore supply as soon as possible.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Water is off in the Killeen area of Oakpark - nothing about it on Radio Kerry or the Council's Twitter, so must be a burst pipe, rather than any scheduled works.

it was on the councils twitter since 8.58am, that's how I realised what the issue was. Irish water had it up on twitter since 8.33am. Not sure when it is due back on.

https://www.irishmirror.ie/news/irish-news/tesco-clothing-clearwater-finglas-dublin-22027559

No confirmation as yet as to whether Ciarrai was one of the culprits......... :)

At that rate if your going to the opening of Penney's you better have your machette well sharpened in advance!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Puck Fair organisers finally caved and have cancelled this years Fair.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,346 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

Still no update on when the water will be back on in the affected areas!

• Advertisement

Thankfully, has just returned here in Oakpark!

I was just about to post the same thing! They said pressure may be low for a while and if discoloured to let the tap run for a while.

• Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,754 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Am in Oakpark too and didn't notice any disruption to water supply today. Must have been fairly localised.

Was shopping in Dunnes NCR yesterday and noticed the free coffee dock beside the trolley bay is gone again. That didn't last long! :(

They're setting up a marquee for queuing though, like the one at the Horan Centre. I guess they've finally realised this spell of dry weather won't last indefinitely.

Quackster wrote: »
    Am in Oakpark too and didn't notice any disruption to water supply today. Must have been fairly localised.

I'm living up the Spar and McElligott's end - leak seems to have gone around by Clogherbrien and The Spa.

I'm living up the Spar and McElligott's end - leak seems to have gone around by Clogherbrien and The Spa.

I have a relation living in Caherslee and they said they had water all day. So it was a bit of an odd one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,384 ✭✭✭Panda Killa

Peaceful demonstration outside Debenhams today by redundant staff...
    shoppers were vocal in support and Pa Daly, Norma Foley & Michael Healy Rae joined the group for a while to show support

Argos opening Monday.

I hear Tony Hennessy was on the radio saying they won't be opening until a vaccine is available and that he knows other pubs that will be staying closed as well. I guess the published guidelines make it uneconomical to open with the reduced numbers for social distancing and added costs.

kn wrote: »
    I hear Tony Hennessy was on the radio saying they won't be opening until a vaccine is available and that he knows other pubs that will be staying closed as well. I guess the published guidelines make it uneconomical to open with the reduced numbers for social distancing and added costs.

Can't blame him. The idea of social distancing in a pub is nonsensical.

Had a walk around town on my daily perambulation in the late afternoon. Substantial increase in traffic and people from last week and a lot more evidence of construction activity.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,602 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Puck Fair organisers finally caved and have cancelled this years Fair.

Killorglin won't know itself free from a townful of drunks for the first time in eons.

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭poppy37

Quackster wrote: »
    Was shopping in Dunnes NCR yesterday and noticed the free coffee dock beside the trolley bay is gone again. That didn't last long! :(

They're setting up a marquee for queuing though, like the one at the Horan Centre. I guess they've finally realised this spell of dry weather won't last indefinitely.

They were giving out free tea and coffee this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

Killorglin won't know itself free from a townful of drunks for the first time in eons.

Killorglin has a townful of drunks every weekend.Try walking around any weekend when pubs are open.Scary

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Killorglin has a townful of drunks every weekend.Try walking around any weekend when pubs are open.Scary

People in glasshouses throwing stones :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭hanamandiol

newman10 wrote: »
    People in glasshouses throwing stones :rolleyes:
    Just personal experience

• Registered Users Posts: 9,955 ✭✭✭Degag

Ridiculous post

Libraries opening June 8th.

Did you see the 'pandemic pub' on Claire Byrne last night? That is just not going to work. It's just not going to be viable for pubs without a food operation to open. At least with food you could get 3 or 4 to a table and it might work in those circumstances but not in the traditional pub setting. The added costs and reduced capacity just make it totally unviable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 226 ✭✭Steer55

Did you see the 'pandemic pub' on Claire Byrne last night? That is just not going to work. It's just not going to be viable for pubs without a food operation to open. At least with food you could get 3 or 4 to a table and it might work in those circumstances but not in the traditional pub setting. The added costs and reduced capacity just make it totally unviable.

utterly depressing to watch. Not a hope will it work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,950 ✭✭✭Radio5

Libraries opening June 8th.

Is that all libraries- read somewhere that Killarney wouldn't be re-opening yet. Some issue with staff not being able to be socially distance sufficiently?

Advertisement