Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭j26m

Liqua blueberry was one of my first ever juices haha :) bit of nostalgia there. Wasn't bad either from what I remember, had a kind of bubblegum taste to it But yeah, it was very high PG.

TFA custard is pretty light, it would benefit from steeping for sure, but it's probably grand to vape away. I see it as more like a vanilla cream towards Capella's custard.

But good job, you're now officially a mixer :D Honestly, doing it from scratch isn't any more complicated, you just add separate nic. There's a few more calculations and a bit more trial and error, but it isn't any harder than what you've done.

Yeah, I'm liking the idea of this - making what suits me at the strength and mix that suits me, and a reasonable price as a bonus.

Now how long before the TPD bites and I need to start stockpiling nicotine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

That is the question we'd all love to know the answer to. I'm going to buy some nic any chance I get, and flavourings too. VG will be still easy get. Until they conjure up some bull**** practically illegal 'law' on that too.

My latest mix was one I saw igetcha69 had posted on e-lr, an apparent clone of 'I love doughnuts'

Blueberry wild (9%)
    Capella coconut (2%)
    Marshmallow (1%) - he uses super sweet, which I don't have

So simple, and it's pretty tasty as a shake'n'vape.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭lee_baby_simms

j26m wrote: »
    Yeah, I'm liking the idea of this - making what suits me at the strength and mix that suits me, and a reasonable price as a bonus.

Now how long before the TPD bites and I need to start stockpiling nicotine?

I've a litre of it in the freezer!

Here are a few really nice, simple recipes that are ideal when you're getting started. They're from ELR.

Bombies 'nana cream :

Banana Cream (TPA) - 5%
    Dragonfruit (TPA) - 3%
    Strawberry (TPA) - 7%

Mustard Milk :

Strawberry (TPA) - 6%
    Vanilla Bean Ice Cream (TPA) - 8%

haha, I also made my own alt version of that Bombies too as I just got dragonfruit ^^

haha, I also made my own alt version of that Bombies too as I just got dragonfruit ^^

Its tasty stuff!

• Advertisement

Its tasty stuff!

Here's my version:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/566905/Bombies+%2527nana+cream+-+Uncaged

Just mixed last night, tested it today and it's tasting good. As I say in the notes the strawberry in mine is a little lost, will see if it comes out more over the next few days, if not I'll re-up that

Here's my version:

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/566905/Bombies+%2527nana+cream+-+Uncaged

Just mixed last night, tested it today and it's tasting good. As I say in the notes the strawberry in mine is a little lost, will see if it comes out more over the next few days, if not I'll re-up that

Hmmm I have everything there bar Lemon Sicily.

Is the DX version of banana cream much different to regular?

Hmmm I have everything there bar Lemon Sicily.

Is the DX version of banana cream much different to regular?

To be honest, DX banana is the only banana I've tried so far, but I like it. I reckon it's much the same, the standard one might even be tastier? The lemon Sicily I added because originally that recipe had citric acid in the mix, but the creator removed it later on. It's just to make the other fruits 'pop' a bit.

Also lemon Sicily is tasty if you do like lemon, it's great for meringues and cheesecakes

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Working on my coil-killer series... well mixes with chotolate, cocoa and coffee concentrates.

First up was a thin mint cookie:

FA Cocoa - 2%
    FA Peppermint - 1.5%
    FA Cookie - 1%
    FA Caramel - .5%
    FA Vienna Cream - .5%
    TFA Brown Sugar - .5%

I was concerned about the peppermint but bloody hell this is lovely stuff. A mint chocolate cookie full on with very extended aftertaste just like the real thing - I'd say that's down to the peppermint.

8mm wrote: »
    Working on my coil-killer series... well mixes with chotolate, cocoa and coffee concentrates.

First up was a thin mint cookie:

FA Cocoa - 2%
    FA Peppermint - 1.5%
    FA Cookie - 1%
    FA Caramel - .5%
    FA Vienna Cream - .5%
    TFA Brown Sugar - .5%

I was concerned about the peppermint but bloody hell this is lovely stuff. A mint chocolate cookie full on with very extended aftertaste just like the real thing - I'd say that's down to the peppermint.

Sounds good that. Knowing me I'd probably double half the % :D

I have a mint choc chip recipe, still private atm as I've not nailed it yet. But I used creme de menthe and it seems to work nicely. I have TFA peppermint, only use it for a mix I do for some friends, I have tried it in a few mixes but didn't much like it. It was a little ... peppery ... will keep the FA one in mind

• Advertisement

Sounds good that. Knowing me I'd probably double half the % :D

I have a mint choc chip recipe, still private atm as I've not nailed it yet. But I used creme de menthe and it seems to work nicely. I have TFA peppermint, only use it for a mix I do for some friends, I have tried it in a few mixes but didn't much like it. It was a little ... peppery ... will keep the FA one in mind

A lot of Flavourarts concentrates are quite potent so you can get away with using less. This is a shake and vape, good for the peppermint hit which I hear can fade back a lot if steeped.

Yeah cocoa and peppermint with the right creams for a mint-choc icecream or maybe a after-eight mint would be nice.

My menthols all arrived today actually, inc more peppermint. It's for a clone of Halo's Kringle's Kurse. Apparently mine is better than the original :D

Anyone else used An Post's addresspal service yet? Second time using it, and second time it's gone well over a week without any sign of delivery.

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

Parcel motel all the way... Been working so much lately haven't had any time for a good mixing session. Anybody find that NY Cheesecake really dry or something? That beard 5 clone or whatever uses 10% but maybe that's just way too much?

Still haven't really been able to make a mix as nice as my own variant of the mother's unicorn milk mix on ELR. Rank by ratings and it's one of the top mixes. Jesus it's delicious stuff I'd recommend making up a bit to try. Think I used half graham cracker half cheesecake instead of their cheesecake graham dust. Added some INW biscuit too but very very little. It's great going off high rated recipes and substituting a few bits here and there

Still loving TFA's vanilla custard. Takes a while to steep but it's more custardy and less vanilla

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

chipfox wrote: »
    Anybody find that NY Cheesecake really dry or something? That beard 5 clone or whatever uses 10% but maybe that's just way too much

I got sick of it after a while, it tasted disgusting when I was drinking beer with it. Back the old capella VC 1 for me

Still loving TFA's vanilla custard. Takes a while to steep but it's more custardy and less vanilla

Good.
    I had a little accident earlier and used Vanilla Custard instead if the premade recipe I was planning to use - I had to dilute it, so now I have a "lot" of Vanilla Custard on the way...

Parcel motel all the way... Been working so much lately haven't had any time for a good mixing session. Anybody find that NY Cheesecake really dry or something? That beard 5 clone or whatever uses 10% but maybe that's just way too much?

Still haven't really been able to make a mix as nice as my own variant of the mother's unicorn milk mix on ELR. Rank by ratings and it's one of the top mixes. Jesus it's delicious stuff I'd recommend making up a bit to try. Think I used half graham cracker half cheesecake instead of their cheesecake graham dust. Added some INW biscuit too but very very little. It's great going off high rated recipes and substituting a few bits here and there

After 2 long waits for my orders, i am going to try PM next time.

That mother's UM on e-lr looks similar to my Cake shake mix, one of the first I churned out, but have changed a few times since. Mine is pretty good, so I probably don't need to try that one ... but maybe I will just to compare.

TFA custard to me is like a mild vanilla cream more than a custard. But you have just reminded me to check in on that Caramel custard I mixed Feb29th! I have 100ml of it, lol, and completely forgot abou tit [it's in a different press to all my 'testers'] *sniffs* yup, smells great, but it's mostly caramel, could probably be any custard in there tbh

I mixed Apple pie tonight, and used 1.5% TFA Cinnamon Danish ... and already I think that may have been too much. It's all I can tast :D Will give that a few days and see.

ANy of you ever used these guys? from out of Donegal - http://www.perfectvaping.ie/

Not cheap, but they stock FA concentrates and have some that I've been finding hard to get over here - Nonna's cake, fuji apple, and cookie. Ordered those and some marshmallow today, lets' see how quick they are :)

I get my FA concentrates from Italy.

Much cheaper and ultimately fresher given it's from the source.

The only problem I have is waiting until I need a fair few so that I don't waste too much on shipping.

The Donegal lads might be useful for the odd bottle - what's the shipping cost like?

8mm wrote: »
    I get my FA concentrates from Italy.

Much cheaper and ultimately fresher given it's from the source.

The only problem I have is waiting until I need a fair few so that I don't waste too much on shipping.

The Donegal lads might be useful for the odd bottle - what's the shipping cost like?

€3.50 for delivery, so not bad. For small orders, like you say, I prefer to use the Irish vendors for speed. Where do you buy from Italy?

I ordered from the UK via AddressPal well over a week ago now and still no sign. It was good value, but when I order from Ireland I usually get it next day, 2 days at the most. I don't mind paying extra at times for that service.

Here and there is usually a 10% code that you can find on the net. Last order I used "469-esavuke".

http://flavourart.com/en/store/flavors/

A big big plus for going direct is that you get access to FA's full range and it's all in stock.

• Advertisement

What's their shipping costs like? If you were buying a good few at once it might work out nicely. I'm not all that familiar with FA stuff though, have only tried a few to date

You can use a standard slow unregged uninsured shipping for 5 or 6 euro I think. My last order was for nearly 40 flavours and I got them to use DHL for around 13 euro but you would need to email their customer relations for that option.

Personally I think FA's stuff is the most natural tasting out there and never feels off to me which tends to happen with other brands after vaping them for a while. They also put a lot of effort into producing and testing their liquids and I believe they are the safest to use long term. I care deeply about this aspect though as I've moved on from comparing it to smoking and now just judge vaping on it's own merits.

One good thing about them, is they're of a higher concentration in general, so that 10ml bottle stretches longer than a TFA or Capella one. So they probably work at just as good value in the long run.

Looking forward to trying that nonna's cake and fuji apple. Their marshmallow is the best I've tried to date so I will always look for that. TFA's is alright as a sweetener, but if you wanted actual marshmallow sweet flavour in the mix, you want FA's

TFA's brown sugar is the business too. Also their Cheesecake Graham Crust I got to have but I find I can only take so much before getting sick of it (I should probably use less in a mix maybe).

I've got FA's Fuji which I hear is great and Nonna's cake too but not used them yet. I'm trying not to get to much ahead of myself as I've so much juice on hand now and so much more I want to make.

The longer it's stepping the better though :) I'm well ahead of myself now too, but I'm still very much in experimenting mode. Every concentrate I have will see use at least once. Some might never see use again ... :/ there will always be those duds.

I'm happy enough though, I've only really made 2 mixes that were just not good. And I've learned what not to use where, like Koolada ... i don't think I can get along with it. It didn't work out in some fruity ice-cream mixes I made, but it seems great for anything minty. I've dropped pretty much all sweeteners bar marshmallow and meringue, between both of those I don't feel I need any others. It's trial and error all the way, but good fun too. I'm gotten confident enough at it now that I could whip up something very vapable without needing to make notes and have it mixed and ready to shake up in minutes. But ... of course I do keep notes, in case it's really good :D

I have Koolada too but again not used it. I wanted that ice cold effect for icecreams and on the rocks for cocktails but afraid of turning it menthol or minty like. Must experiment more.

Oh if your getting an FA order get some of their Esspresso coffee - amazing stuff, very strong will go a long way and you can make all sorts of fancy coffees.

I will add that in next time, been pondering on doing something with coffee.

Koolada, for a cool effect for deserts, you would want to keep it down to 0.5% I feel. I've used it at 1% for ice-cream and I just didn't like the texture. It added coolness, but it felt almost separate to the other flavours. It doesn't add any menthol taste, but a slight 'feel' of a menthol. It does work really well with other menthols like Creme de menthe, peppermint and your standard cap menthol etc though

Can I ask what may be a stupid question?
    From my research, I know that PG carries flavour better than VG.
    If I see a recipe I'd like to try and it's, say, 20% PG, but I'd like to make it at, say 40% PG, should I reduce the percentage of flavouring used to not be overwhelmed by the flavour?
    If so, is there any rule of thumb for doing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

If any of you self mixers get overloaded with some nice juice that you have made & the expiry date is ending shortly (what ever that is...LOL)
    I for one would buy it off you...
    I have mixed too much sometimes & I was forced to vape it in half a dozen different devices & then got sick of the taste...
    Just a thought...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I have my juice of the damned that's a mix of literally everything I have. Been adding to it every time I made something I probably wouldn't have vaped by itself. It's 6mg but I could add to whatever you need. It's 100mg

Advertisement