Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 489 ✭✭AngryDiMaria

moleyv wrote: »
    You can look on pick n mix DIY, they were making up mixes of different flavours to make clone recipes.

Also vamp Vapes and T juice make pre mix concentrates.

Edit to add I've not tried those pick n mix pre mixes but they are following tried and tested recipes, so should be good.
    I got the mothers milk clone from them, can't compare it to the original as I never tried it but I am impressed with their recipe.

• Registered Users Posts: 289 ✭✭perfectisthe

I got the mothers milk clone from them, can't compare it to the original as I never tried it but I am impressed with their recipe.

The unicorn milk and andromeda ones are excellent.

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Branching out into DIY + stocking up on nicotine and looking at Pura Juice Nicotine Base.

Anyone have any bad experiences?

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I'd say it's grand, they probably use well known suppliers for their nic. Only think I'm not mad about is that I see efag only have 50/50 VG/PG or 100 VG. Adding flavours would mean you'd have either very thin or very thick juice, but nowhere in between.

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I wouldn't recommend a base - just get your VG + PG + Nic in separate bottles and have the freedom to mix exactly what you want. VG + PG are super cheap components and none of these overpriced branded suppliers make their own they just get them from big chem companies. As long as they are pharmaceutical grade they are good to use for e-liquid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

I'd agree. When I started asking for DIY tips in here first, which is only a few weeks ago, I was adamant that I would buy some pre-mix base. But after taking in suggestions to buy separate nic and VG/PG, I looked more into it. Watched loads of youtube vids and it looked easier and less messy than I imagined. So in my first order instead of those pre-mix bases, I bought some 50mg nic VG, and separate VG [I don't do separate PG, just the PG in the flavourings and/or nic] - and have since got some stronger, 72mg PG nic. very comfortable using it, no hassle whatsoever, and it'll save you money over time. If you plan to mix a lot. And you will, once you get into it :)

+1

With this you cannot go wrong, and make juice exactly how you want.

http://www.steam-engine.org/juice.asp

Cheers for all the reply's!

I'll scrap the pre-mixed bases, looking at Piratesvape.co.uk - http://piratesvape.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=71_18&product_id=119

Anyone have experience with them? For 400ml in two 200ml bottles, seems like a good price.. thoughts?!

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭Allan45121

Cheers for all the reply's!

I'll scrap the pre-mixed bases, looking at Piratesvape.co.uk - http://piratesvape.uk/index.php?route=product/product&path=71_18&product_id=119

Anyone have experience with them? For 400ml in two 200ml bottles, seems like a good price.. thoughts?!

That's a lot of nic to start with. Enough to make 4ltrs of finished juice at 6mg/L
    Price is alright but for £20 more 'everything liquid' sell 1L in 4x250ml glass bottles for £60 perfect for the freezer :-)

Allan45121 wrote: »
    That's a lot of nic to start with. Enough to make 4ltrs of finished juice at 6mg/L
    Price is alright but for £20 more 'everything liquid' sell 1L in 4x250ml glass bottles for £60 perfect for the freezer :-)

Excellent! The 4 glass bottles sound like a good idea, cheers for that :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,005 ✭✭✭JH_raheny

Just get 1L of 72mg from everythingliquid and it will last you for the rest of your vaping life for less than 100 quid

Any darkstar orders come through yet? I'm running dangerously low on my new found essentials!

chipfox wrote: »
    Any darkstar orders come through yet? I'm running dangerously low on my new found essentials!

Mine turned up yesterday, after 11 days. Pretty sure at least 6 of those days were down to An Post, I used their AddressPal service.

Made up a choc doughnut mix this morn, and it's tasting bloody lovely already.

What else did ya get? I'm trying to figure out if they're better value than chefsvapour but they don't have many reviews

What else did ya get? I'm trying to figure out if they're better value than chefsvapour but they don't have many reviews

From DarkStar I just got 500ml VG, 30ml of Cheesecake Graham crust, Sweet strawberry and the |Choc glazed doughnut. They threw in a 1ml syringe for each flavour, which was nice.

I also got in 10 flavours from e-dym.pl. It was 5 days from them right to the door. And they have some good prices. Postage is just under €6, but you more than make up for that on the concentrate prices. Some 10mls were only €1.50 https://e-dym.pl/gb/71-tpa-aroma

I think DS are great for prices, I just wish the stuff could get here a bit quicker. I wonder if Parcel Motel is a better way to go?

Why did you not go with regular post? When I messed around on darkstar they only offered free UK over £100. Do they not ship to Ireland or something? Their 30mls are a full £2 less which is huge really. Might have to go with darkstar...

edit: they seem to have ~16% off all concentrates today? I can't tell what's happening when I add it to the basket. Then I'm getting another 12% off the total with DS-VHB!

I emailed them, they told me they don't ship to Ireland direct, but they have no probs with Parcel Motel or AddressPal, guess it's cheaper their end.

I would definitely order from them again, but will allow for hold ups next time. their bottles are great, at least for syringes. Maybe not so much for weight measuring. Wide open bottle tops. Their VG seems really good quality too, also in nice bottles. Their nic is good price too

They emptied my cart and cancelled all the discounts that were going on... Sound lads.

edit: If you put Ireland as your country they remove taxes? No idea what the hell is going on. Trying to exploit this if I can, will update ;)

edit2: no good. can't avoid the tax man!

If you put Ireland a message pops up on there to say they cannot post to that address. No way around it I'm afraid. DSMARCH17 was the last code I had, don't know if it still works? [Edit] - Yup, that one still works.

Where the hell did you find that! GOOD MAN!

• Advertisement

Where the hell did you find that! GOOD MAN!

Can't even remember, lol, might have been on UKV forum

Damn I wish these lads did 10mls. So much stuff I want but I don't like getting 30ml on a whim.

Think I'll need 90mls of CAP Sweet Strawberry and Vanilla Custard V1 though... Always find myself needing those two flavours.

If many have bulk we should do 10ml juice swaps!

Damn I wish these lads did 10mls. So much stuff I want but I don't like getting 30ml on a whim.

Think I'll need 90mls of CAP Sweet Strawberry and Vanilla Custard V1 though... Always find myself needing those two flavours.

If many have bulk we should do 10ml juice swaps!

I'd be up for that. Not really built up a big enough stash just yet, but I know I'll get there some time.

Right now, I'm testing across the board, already cancelling out certain flavours from certain manufacturers, getting a good feel for a variety.

I get you on the 30ml side. I got some Choc glazed doughnut 30ml, and though it's lovely stuff, I'm not sure I want to make up 300ml+ of the doughnut mix I just created!

On the other hand, Cheesecake graham and sweet strawberry I'm glad I have 30ml of, and will buy again.

Others like hazelnut and Maple pecan ... well, 10ml of those will last me ages.

Part of the fun of all this is the discovery though :)

Last few days I've mixed up: Chocolate doughnut ice cream, A mint choc ice cream, a pina-colada type yogurt, some of that 'Beard 05' [NYC cheese 10% + sweet straw @ 5%] mix that was recommended here [I felt it was lacking, so added 3% cheese/graham and another 2% sweet strawberry, it's lovely!] and also a hazelnut/maple pecan custard and a 'Rocketman' type blueberry greek yogurt

regarding spares, if anyone has flavours they want to offload, well, throw them out there, I might want some! for the right price :)

I have 10ml of INW Biscuit and I can see that lasting a very long time. Same for ethyl maltol. Not sure if I'm going to make use of that Caramel Original. Maybe if I can find a good mix. It's nice but it's really thin and super sweet.

What are you using as a base for your ice creams? I have some TFA VBIC that I wasn't that mad about but it's part of that Mustard Milk recipe and I wanted to get regular TFA Strawberry just to try it. 30ml though... Damn it darkstar

I have caramel original too, it gives a nice toffee-ness to butterscotch and works well with custard I think, but at very low %, so I'll have my bottle for a while too.

I had TFA VBIC, atm I have FA's, I think TFA's was actually nicer so I'll be ordering more of that. I use a couple drops or 0.5-1% Koolada along with for a cool feel and finding NY cheesecake gives it some fluffiness and texture, and marshmallow some added sweetness. God, i love sugar, lol

I have FA's vanilla bourbon which is quite nice and I use it a lot for background notes in my mixes, also with some of FA's fresh cream which I find very natural tasting. There's no sweetner in these so it needs to be used with something sweet or EM.

I hear good things about FA's Vienna Cream. It's on my shopping list!

Note's from master mixer HIC:

FA Vienna Cream
    Probably the richest, creamiest, no-diketone sweet cream out there. It’s sweet and
    creamy with a hint of vanilla when used below 3%. Over 3% may give you a sharp flavor
    that few will find appealing. Vienna Cream is similar to the filling in Boston cream pie.
    It’s closer to what most Americans consider custard than FA's Custard flavor is. If you
    add a little nutmeg flavor (rum and/or vanilla optional) it’s excellent eggnog. Vienna
    Cream is a good start for ice cream flavors. A 2:1 ratio of Vienna:Vanilla Classic is good
    vanilla ice cream. Vienna blends smooths out bakery recipes well. It tames the strong
    flavors of FA Tiramisu, for example, and makes FA Cookie 'softer' and sweeter.

Who's HIC? I wonder what he has to say about bavarian cream? or which he prefers?

Who's HIC? I wonder what he has to say about bavarian cream? or which he prefers?

He is active on the vaping underground forum - great place for all things diy.

https://www.google.ie/search?q=site:vapingunderground.com+hic&ie=UTF-8#cns=0

For working with FA's flavours you got to get his great notes.

http://www.hicsmixes.com/notes-etc.html

Cool, I'll have a look, maybe sign up. You can never have enough info :)

• Advertisement

What's everyone mixing? [time to push relevant threads back above the trolling]

I whipped up some lemon/blueberry cheesecake last night, and a strawberry/choc/hazelnut doughnut.

Got some vape mail today, all the creams I had run out of mostly, and some much needed bottles.

Advertisement