Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

DIY eJuice thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

Peach yoghurt and a tangy orange moose, also experimenting with some bitter notes in another mix.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

I'm going ordering some stuff for the 'Cronut' recipe on the calculator site.

Its a cross between croissant and a donut. Sounds horrendous in real life, but sounds nice for a vape.

I picked out a load of recipes in the last week, I need to sit down and calculate how much of each flavour I need!

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭chipfox

I've just been tweaking Mother's/Unicorn's Milk clones to see if I can make something extra special but I always feel like I don't have enough concentrates. I think any Graham concentrate takes away from the fruity creaminess but weirdly INW Biscuit makes them seem buttery / creamy and fits nicely. Everybody is going to have their own favourites though.

Those donut recipes sound really weird to me but they're really popular. I really want to make that Rhodonite recipe though

chipfox wrote:
    Those donut recipes sound really weird to me but they're really popular. I really want to make that Rhodonite recipe though

One of the flavours I need is LorANN. That's the brand, any idea of somewhere that sells them in EU? The flavour is cream cheese icing, hard enough to substitute, open to opinions on that too. I was thinking a CAP creamy yogurt might be a decent sub as its only a minor ingredient.

moleyv wrote: »
    One of the flavours I need is LorANN. That's the brand, any idea of somewhere that sells them in EU? The flavour is cream cheese icing, hard enough to substitute, open to opinions on that too. I was thinking a CAP creamy yogurt might be a decent sub as its only a minor ingredient.

Maybe a meringue flavour? Should give that powdered sugar effect.

• Advertisement

8mm wrote:
    Maybe a meringue flavour? Should give that powdered sugar effect.

Actually yeah, I was forgetting about the icing part and only thinking about cream cheese, the icing would be the predominant flavour.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

8mm wrote: »
    Peach yoghurt and a tangy orange moose, also experimenting with some bitter notes in another mix.

Orange mousse, hmm, interesting!

I still haven't tried any orange flavourings just yet, but plan to.

Doughnuts really work in a vape IMO, the chocolate one I made recently is turning out really nicely. having that with a coffee is very nice indeed. All the flavour without the fats :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

Ordered the starter kit from pickamixdiy, just to test the waters and see how it goes!

I got three flavours to start with :

TFA's Vanilla Custard
    Vanilla Vanilla recipe
    Mother Milk Recipe

Anyone any bad experiences?

Orange mousse, hmm, interesting!

I still haven't tried any orange flavourings just yet, but plan to.

Doughnuts really work in a vape IMO, the chocolate one I made recently is turning out really nicely. having that with a coffee is very nice indeed. All the flavour without the fats :D

This is it - easy to vape away on, not sure if it's to your taste but I like lots of contrast in my selection and seems to help with flavour burnout.

FA Brandy 2%
    FA Custard 2%
    FA Orange 1.5%
    FA Bergamot 1.5%
    FA Fresh Cream .5%

I want to try some coffee and chocolate mixes - my shopping list is growing lots now.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

got some premixed unicorn milk concentrate, fingers crossed i dont balls it

• Advertisement

Ordered the starter kit from pickamixdiy, just to test the waters and see how it goes!

I got three flavours to start with :

TFA's Vanilla Custard
    Vanilla Vanilla recipe
    Mother Milk Recipe

Anyone any bad experiences?

TFA's custard is very light, I found it more akin to a vanilla cream than an eggy type custard. you want capella's custard V1 for that. But, it's not bad, useful to bring a light vanilla cream custard to mixes. Don't think it'll be great on it's own though. But mix it with something like a nice fruit and it would work nicely as a quick and easy 2-flavour mix.
    got some premixed unicorn milk concentrate, fingers crossed i dont balls it

pop your ingredients into this calc, and just set your flavouring to whatever is recommended for that particular one, probably 15 or 20%?

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭melekalikimaka

pop your ingredients into this calc, and just set your flavouring to whatever is recommended for that particular one, probably 15 or 20%?

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/create

got it off this lad on fb, sells quite alot it seems, 9£ for 40ml, its all premixed as a concentrate, so i just add to base, also 100ml of boss reserve clone for 15£ to tie me over til it steeps. not quite full diy...but baby steps

got it off this lad on fb, sells quite alot it seems, 9£ for 40ml, its all premixed as a concentrate, so i just add to base, also 100ml of boss reserve clone for 15£ to tie me over til it steeps. not quite full diy...but baby steps

Still a lot better than paying over the odds for 'premium' juices ;) You'll get 200ml of juice from that 40ml if you mix it at 20%, more if you went 15%

Kit arrived from pickamixdiy this morning along with 30 bottles from fasttech, good timing, eh? ;)

Just mixed a 10ml of the mother's milk recipe, shook the heavens out of it and have it in the press. The smell is amazing.

Only minor downturn is the cleaning of the syringes etc.. Loving it so far though!

Kit arrived from pickamixdiy this morning along with 30 bottles from fasttech, good timing, eh? ;)

Just mixed a 10ml of the mother's milk recipe, shook the heavens out of it and have it in the press. The smell is amazing.

Only minor downturn is the cleaning of the syringes etc.. Loving it so far though!

When I use syringes I bring a bowl of hot water, an empty bowl and a bowl of cold water. I pull hot water through each used syringe a few times and drop them into the third bowl. I use one syringe per flavour and have a separate needle point one for nic. They're pretty much already clean by time I'm finished. Just a final rinse under the tap does it. When i say bowls, I mean I have 3 little plastic containers, the kids used to use for fruit for lunches. They got new ones, I stole their old ones :D They're just small, not much bigger than the base of a mug. And they only get used for the syringes now.

Just recently got a scales, so I'm slowly crossing over. I still have some bottles that don't have dripper tops, so still need syringes for those. But even having some of the flavourings in dropper bottles and using the scales speeds things up. Not having to use a syringe for the VG is the biggest benefit. If say you're mixing up 50ml, in a 100ml bottle.

When I use syringes I bring a bowl of hot water, an empty bowl and a bowl of cold water. I pull hot water through each used syringe a few times and drop them into the third bowl. They're pretty much already clean by time I'm finished. Just a final rinse under the tap does it. When i say bowls, I mean I have 3 little plastic containers, the kids used to use for fruit for lunches. They got new ones, I stole their old ones :D They're just small, not much bigger than the base of a mug. And they only get used for the syringes now.

Can't beat a bit of tubberware ;) I'm doing the same myself.
    Just recently got a scales, so I'm slowly crossing over. I still have some bottles that don't have dripper tops, so still need syringes for those. But even having some of the flavourings in dropper bottles and using the scales speeds things up. Not having to use a syringe for the VG is the biggest benefit. If say you're mixing up 50ml, in a 100ml bottle.

A scales never crossed my mind, nice one!

The VG is a huar with syringes :o

I have a 10ml syringe that I was using for the VG, it's got a nice wide opening, no needle tip obviously. When it wasn't playing ball, I would pull the sucker thing out, and just fill the syninge from the back, put the sucker back in and push it through. PITA, but it works if you're struggling with thick VG.

A scales is great, the one I got was £6 on ebay, and does the job. It will weigh up to 300g, and down to 0.01g. I did need to calibrate it but you'll want to do this for any scales. If you were making a mix with all dripper top concentrates it more than halves the time, and there's no clean up! :) I'm also planning to switch my nic into a large dripper tip bottle. Will make things even easier.

I got this one here: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/181168248008?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

When I bought it they just had the postage at 89p, I chanced it and they delivered. I see now they have since added postage to Ireland but to contact them, whoops :D Might be charged a little more than 89p then

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭Deag4

Does anyone know how long Capella choc glazed donut takes to steep and can it be used as a one shot concentrate at 15 percent

Deag4 wrote: »
    Does anyone know how long Capella choc glazed donut takes to steep and can it be used as a one shot concentrate at 15 percent

I just got it recently. I mixed up a choc doughnut mix and was testing it over the first few days. It's almost gone :D so I guess it's pretty good to go right away. It'll get better the longer you leave it like most mixes, but I would give it a shake'n'vape approval. Especially on it's own. It benefits from adding a little cream and/or custard as it's a little 'dry'. I know Wayne from DIY or DIE says it's good enough as a standalone. He added just a few other bits to it for his Bronuts recipe that people seem to love.

I've also used it for a strawberry and blueberry doughnut mix, as the chocolate is pretty light, it doesn't over power anything.

Mixed up some of pickamixdiy's mother's milk concentrate on Thursday.. I couldn't wait any longer :o

AMAZING!

• Advertisement

I'm a bit impatient too, when I mix something, I want to try it NOW! I will always test it right away using a dripping atty, then test them every 1-2 days, see how they're progressing.

I'm getting better at the whole steeping process though. once you start to build up a good amount of liquids, it gets a lot easier to leave some be for a while. Custards, bakery, and heavy creamed mixes all get much better the longer you leave them. Where simple fruity mixes can be good to go right away. I mixed up 50ml of what I named "Pronto!" last night, and 20ml has disappeared already :D

http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/537709/Pronto%2521

Oh, on a side note, if any of you know Fresh03, the youtube mixer? [freshipes on e-lr] - I won 30ml of his addy's yogurt on his live broadcast last night :) I was a bit cheeky and asked if I could have the concentrate instead of a pre-mix and they said no problem, it might actually be easier post something to Ireland without nic :)

I've been working on Mother's Milk clones a lot lately. I don't think Bavarian Cream makes it any better at all. I tend to leave any Graham stuff out unless I'm on the Unicorn Milk variants. Both delicious but I like to be able to alternate between the two.

All I can say for certain is Strawberry Ripe, Sweet Cream and Vanilla Custard are an essential base. Orange cream just makes it too amazing. It's essential for me but still great without. NY Cheesecake makes a great addition to the mix too.

For Unicorn Milk I tend to leave out the Orange Cream, add Graham Cracker (V1 I think, it's black as hell) as well as INW Biscuit.

Just realised right there that I have an Irish Cream that I completely forgot about! Going to give that one a go next and see what happens. Smells similar to Bavarian but more of a kick.

Latest project is a Caramel Custard that isn't overpowering

I'm vaping a caramel custard right now, coincidentally. It was one put up on e-lr by ThirdWorldOrder, but I didn't have the caramel candy, and added in 3% Bavarian. A month in and it's pretty good. I would definitely switch out TFA custard for Capella's next time though.

I love having both custards now. Can't deny CAP is amazing but the TFA at higher % is more custard for me and not as strong vanilla. I just love how you can make so many different mixes there's no end to this madness.

ThirdWorldOrder's is what I started with and didn't bother with the candy either!

chipfox wrote: »
    I love having both custards now. Can't deny CAP is amazing but the TFA at higher % is more custard for me and not as strong vanilla. I just love how you can make so many different mixes there's no end to this madness

Yup, I'm all for that. I actually still have a wee bit of TFA's left. I look at it more as a nice vanilla cream than a custard though.

I find myself really comfortable on DIY forums/discussions/FB pages now, I think I was always looking into it but was jut lazy. And now I'm loving learning more about it, and re-discovering that old inner chef inside :)

I was vaping on a chocolate doughnut I mixed up recently, while having a coffee yesterday, and it felt so good. Not only because it tasted great, but because I whipped it up, I thought it out, I put that effort in, and it tastes better than any doughnut juice I've spent way too much on in the past ... plus I can mix more whenever I please! :)

Hey Cagey following you on e-liquid-recipes.com - I'm Moondog on there but not posted much yet really. Make your flavour stash public!

8mm wrote: »
    Hey Cagey following you on e-liquid-recipes.com - I'm Moondog on there but not posted much yet really. Make your flavour stash public!

Cool :) How do I do that? still fiddling about with the settings on there. Apparently you can set it up so it'll tell you how much of each flavour you have left too, and the cost. I didn't add all that info when throwing my flavours in. Will have to go through my stash again, see if it's all correct

[edit] should be visible now? I have some dupes in there, I just added similar ones to try improve the list of things I can make. Must go through it though see if I forgot to add anything. Followed you back on there too :) I don't think I have any of the ingredients to try any of yours just yet :D

• Registered Users Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Nonamigo

Does anyone else have a problem tasting strawberry in their diy mixes? I googled and it seems quite common. I have no problem tasting it in commercial juices though. I have capellas sweet strawberry, tfa strawberry, strawberry ripe, dks strawberry. Tried different %, mixing different brands with no success. Tried adding a bit of raspberry and still can't taste any strawberry in my mixes. Even in simple mix 10% ny cheesecake and 5% strawberry still nothing. Tried to add sweetener and nothing changed. Very frustrating :(

Strawberry can be easily overwhelmed by other flavours yeah. One of my earlier mixes was 10% strawberry ripe, 4% sweet strawberry, 2% sweet cream and 4% vanilla custard. I expected it to be very strong strawberry with creamy undertones. For the first week or more it was bland, lifeless, felt like I'd wasted flavourings. But a month on, and it tastes great! I made 100ml of it, and there's about 20 left, that'll tell you. Sometimes they just need time, whether we like it or not.

I made that one you're talking about too, the 10% NYC and 5% sweet strawberry, I wasn't happy with it either, so added an extra 2% sweet strawberry and 3% cheesecake graham crust and it came to life.

if I'm mixing trawberry with any other fruits, I almost double the % of the strawberry towards the others, or it's got no hope. Say you want a banana strawberry, and you're using banana cream? well, for every 2% of that banana cream I'd want 4% of sweet strawberry, and even more of strawberry ripe, as it's pretty weak.

You taste it more in bought juices because they are pre-steeped, probably for weeks, even months before you open them. try leaving that mix aside in a dark press, capped, for another week and see

• Advertisement

I hate to say it, but steeping works. I have a strawberry cream that's 8 weeks old now and genuinely could not believe the strawberry taste.

I thought I couldn't taste it either, and still have a hard time tasting it at any percent but mixes don't taste right without it either. Just takes a disgusting amount of time to come through, or use a tonne of it.

Advertisement