Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DIY eJuice thread

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,756 ✭✭✭Thecageyone

Just had a quick scan about on some sites, found this -

http://www.unicornaroma.ie/43-bottles-and-jars

Doesn't work out bad if you're buying a few 100ml bottles [make sure to select the caps to suit]

€4.50 postage, but you'll get them pretty quick.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,597 ✭✭✭corsav6

Hey guys, looking for a few tips please.
    I'm going to invest in some mixing supplies next week and just wondering where everyone is ordering their stuff.
    Ideally I'd be mixing 100ml of 3mg 70vg 30pg which should last me 2 weeks or maybe a little longer. I'm not sure should I buy the pg/vg separate along with the nic or should I buy it all premixed and just get a load of concentrates.
    So any advice appreciated, I looked back a few pages in the thread but couldn't find anything so apologies if my questions have been answered.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 195 ✭✭j26m

Just had a quick scan about on some sites, found this -

http://www.unicornaroma.ie/43-bottles-and-jars

Doesn't work out bad if you're buying a few 100ml bottles [make sure to select the caps to suit]

€4.50 postage, but you'll get them pretty quick.

Would blue bottles do? I have a few I got from picknmix, but I don't like them for mixing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 746 ✭✭✭Mightydrumming

corsav6 wrote: »
    I'm going to invest in some mixing supplies next week and just wondering where everyone is ordering their stuff.
    Ideally I'd be mixing 100ml of 3mg 70vg 30pg which should last me 2 weeks or maybe a little longer. I'm not sure should I buy the pg/vg separate along with the nic or should I buy it all premixed and just get a load of concentrates.
    So any advice appreciated, I looked back a few pages in the thread but couldn't find anything so apologies if my questions have been answered.

I went with pre-mixed bases for a while and it worked out great as an entry into diy mixing but then I tried buying the nic, vg/pg separately and in my opinion, you save way more by buying separately and mixing it yourself. It's always more fun when you make it from scratch (ish!).

My usual online shop was bargain vapour or pickamixdiy (pickamix have a great starter kit for 34 euro!). My last order was from Darkstar due to the incredible prices but you need parcel motel or address pal because they don't ship to Ireland.

I would bring forward your plans in relation to the nicotine, the EU directive was published today and it doesn't look great :o

Darkstar seems to be the place to go.
    If you get 100ml of 72mg nicotine, it will make 2.4 litres at your desired strength, so you can buy VG and PG to make it up to that. If you buy a few 100ml bottles you can make it up in batches. It's easy to do - even I can manage it.

Should cost less than 50 quid in total, before flavours are factored in.

Afaik, Amber is best, blue isn't bad and green is only slightly better than clear. So, 'cobalt' blue bottles are better than green at least. Should be fine

When I started, which isn't long ago at all, I asked a bunch of questions in this very thread. So if you have time and patience, flick through it from page 2 on

I got my first kit from pick'n'mix - I didn't go for their set package, I just picked what i wanted to start with separately. Buy the nic separate, I was going to buy pre-mix base, but honestly, nic is easy enough deal with. Jut get some gloves for added security. I always add the nic to my mixes first, so then I can just put it right away. Nothing else is any cause for concern. read though this thread, and look up some youtube vids on mixing, like these:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCFoe3PEb1_7sAY1ZgehNP3A
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCxsotC6eyf7ahIFI0eH54fA

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 515 ✭✭✭chipfox

I think it's more important to keep it in a stable environment rather than just having it very very cold. Head space in a bottle is something you want to avoid too. Oxygen is the real enemy, but UV light is bad too.

Storing it in a freezer and letting it warm up / cool down over and over is arguably worse than just leaving it sit in a dark cupboard in a LDPE bottle. I just keep my stuff in LDPE bottles and they're completely full without any air bubbles. I have a 40ml amber vial that I refill whenever it's empty.

There isn't much point going too mad over it. A years supply of nicotine probably costs the same as 3 packs of smokes.

@corsav6 I'd say go with whatever you think is easiest, as long as you get into it it won't really matter. All the DIY eJuice calculators online make it fool proof. It's just a matter of adding what the calculator tells you and you have your juice. Buying the stuff separately is cheaper. Always buy more VG than PG though. All my mixes are 50/50 PG/VG but generally nicotine and flavourings are mostly just PG juice so you need less of it

Thanks for all the advice guys. I'll just buy separate and stock up for a year or 2 if I can manage. I don't want to be caught out with that silly EU directive.
    I'll probably just check the recipe for my favourite juices online and order the concentrates plus some extra to try new juices. I'm a massive cinnamon fan and I fell in love with Dr Bill's cinnatoast munch so wouldn't mind mixing some of that along with Teleos remixed chewy.
    So next week I'll budget 70 euro and see what I'll get. Hoping to get 8-12 months out of that.
    Thanks again guys :)

Best of luck ...

Keeping it to €70 :D

It becomes as addictive as buying shinies!

But you'll make loads of juice with that for sure.

• Advertisement

Best of luck ...

Keeping it to €70 :D

It becomes as addictive as buying shinies!

But you'll make loads of juice with that for sure.

€70 initially, obviously I'll need a different juice for each tank and dripper and not forgetting extra flavours so I have an excuse to buy more tanks and drippers :D:D

Just had a look at a few sites there and €70 should more than cover me for a couple of months of experimenting. I'll most likely buy large quantities in 2 months, or sooner if things look like they might become hard to get.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

A sudden explosion of mixologist initiates.

What kept ye lads?

Welcome - your going to love it!

8mm wrote: »
    A sudden explosion of mixologist initiates.

What kept ye lads?

Welcome - your going to love it!

All these stupid new laws just gave me the push I needed.

€70 initially, obviously I'll need a different juice for each tank and dripper and not forgetting extra flavours so I have an excuse to buy more tanks and drippers :D:D

Just had a look at a few sites there and €70 should more than cover me for a couple of months of experimenting. I'll most likely buy large quantities in 2 months, or sooner if things look like they might become hard to get.

Don't forget to check the stickie above for discount codes.

Darkstar order arrived today, wasn't expecting it until next week. Opened up the package and found the nicotine in GLASS AMBER BOTTLES! Delighted :)

yeah, mine came in same, sadly the cap on mine was busted and I ended up having to bore a hole in the cap to dispense it into other bottles :( BUT ... DS more than made up for it, sending me 60ml of Cap custard. And good service like that doesn't go unnoticed, I've ordered from them again, and will do in future. Can take a little long with the service I use for UK address, so I just make sure to order well in advance from them

• Advertisement

yeah, mine came in same, sadly the cap on mine was busted and I ended up having to bore a hole in the cap to dispense it into other bottles :( BUT ... DS more than made up for it, sending me 60ml of Cap custard. And good service like that doesn't go unnoticed, I've ordered from them again, and will do in future. Can take a little long with the service I use for UK address, so I just make sure to order well in advance from them

Very nice! For sure, I will definitely order more bits off them - prices are great too :)

Ah lads is there any site that doesn't have half of the concentrates out of stock. chefsvapour are the absolute worst for it. I fill my basket and wait for stuff to be in stock, then when they restock the stuff in my basket is out of stock, unbelievable.

e-dym.pl seem pretty good but again, some stuff that I just need to have is out of stock. What's the deal with this? You'd think resellers would have liters of each juice

More and more people getting into DIY I'd say, i find the same. Annoying when you have to split orders across various sites.

DS didn't have some of the ones I wanted in 30ml either. They at least had my main ones, Greek yogurt and Cheesecake graham crust and I decided to give malted milk a try.

My mixing has got a little stale and there are a bunch of other flavours I want but obviously not going to get 30ml+ of new stuff. Can never fault DS for their bulk stuff, just wish hey had a better selection

Yeah, I wish they did FA concentrates too!

• Advertisement

Darkstar order arrived today, wasn't expecting it until next week. Opened up the package and found the nicotine in GLASS AMBER BOTTLES! Delighted :)

Mine arrived today and the 100ml bottles are amber glass too.

Yay!

j26m wrote: »

Yay!

Woohoo! I ordered 7 100ml amber glass bottles because I thought they came in plastic but I'll get use out of them somehow :p

j26m wrote: »

Yay!

On Sunday??

How long are your orders from there taking in general from order to delivery?

Arrived in Parcel Motel last night near midnight - got the text as I was supping a beer.

I ordered on the 2nd, arrived late last night.

Not too bad, good to know they deliver up to Sat night. I'm still using AddressPal which takes longer, but is handier for me. Atm I'm ordering in advance to allow for the long delivery [last time took 12 days]

• Registered Users Posts: 472 ✭✭Shinobollo

Mine arrived yesterday as well. Sadly the litre bottle of nic was plastic so I'll have to get the Amber bottles and do the transfers myself.
    Got a dozen syringes in the box as well - nice touch

Hmmm, my order is still processing, since Friday morn.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭youdipstick

I put an order in last Thursday at DS & I just got an email to say it has been despatched to PM NI.

Mine's probably next batch lot then :) No rush for that order really, but I do like to see them process a bit quicker than that

Mine's probably next batch lot then :) No rush for that order really, but I do like to see them process a bit quicker than that

My order is in the Dublin depot,should be with me tomorrow morning,I must say,PM is very fast with their deliveries,at my pickup point,there are no boxes,but the petrol garage is open till 22.00,not a big deal for me but if I was working,that might be a nuisance.

• Advertisement

Anybody ever use the free postage option on e-dym.pl? Is it actually posted or does it mean pick up from Poland?!

I never knew that there was a free shipping option,always paid the shipping cost for my orders...

They got new stock of some flavours I wanted all at the same time so I bought about 20, the site is really damn cheap it's pretty amazing. Finally got Golden Butter and Cake Batter!

Their glazed doughtnut has a picture of chocolate glazed so I had to leave that one. Maybe cagey will sort me out with 10ml of the glazed ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,603 ✭✭✭alec76

chipfox wrote: »
    Anybody ever use the free postage option on e-dym.pl? Is it actually posted or does it mean pick up from Poland?!
    Pick up at collection point , I am afraid .

They got new stock of some flavours I wanted all at the same time so I bought about 20, the site is really damn cheap it's pretty amazing. Finally got Golden Butter and Cake Batter!

Their glazed doughtnut has a picture of chocolate glazed so I had to leave that one. Maybe cagey will sort me out with 10ml of the glazed ;)

Haha, I surely will, but it's the choc glazed I got - if you want some of that, I'll sort ya?

On the mixing front my 2 latest are going down maybe too well ... must .... allow ... steep ...

One's a fruit custard, one's a caramel/choc mallow ... can't leave either alone atm, good sign

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 413 ✭✭IRISH OS1R1S

Looking for the best custard concentrate and where to buy it. Also any nice custard recipes would be appreciated. :)

Looking for the best custard concentrate and where to buy it. Also any nice custard recipes would be appreciated. :)

Capella custard v1 is hard to beat. So long as you dont mind knowing it contains some "nasties" like acetoin and you're patient enough to allow it steep a few weeks.

Tonnes of custard recipes on elr for custard, but I say experiment yourself. Think about what flavours you'd like with a custard and look at some of the popular recipes containing those flavours for ideas on percentages.

Capella custard v1 is hard to beat. So long as you dont mind knowing it contains some "nasties" like acetoin and you're patient enough to allow it steep a few weeks.

Tonnes of custard recipes on elr for custard, but I say experiment yourself. Think about what flavours you'd like with a custard and look at some of the popular recipes containing those flavours for ideas on percentages.

Any custards that don't contain nasties and where to purchase?

Any custards that don't contain nasties and where to purchase?

There's Capella custard V2, which is clean, but apparently nowhere near as good. You should be able to get that from any vendor selling concentrates really. Only other one I've tried was TFA vanilla custard, which to me was more like a vanilla cream. It's not bad, but doesn't have that thick, eggy custard feel I was after. Capella V1 does. FlavourArt custard will have no baddies in the mix, but I hear that one is also more like a vanilla cream.

I've seen people rave about Welsh custard and ABC [Another Bloody Custard] from Chefsvapour https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chefsvapour-concentrates/3175-welsh-custard-concentrate.html

Not tried that one either. A bit pricey.

• Advertisement

There's Capella custard V2, which is clean, but apparently nowhere near as good. You should be able to get that from any vendor selling concentrates really. Only other one I've tried was TFA vanilla custard, which to me was more like a vanilla cream. It's not bad, but doesn't have that thick, eggy custard feel I was after. Capella V1 does. FlavourArt custard will have no baddies in the mix, but I hear that one is also more like a vanilla cream.

I've seen people rave about Welsh custard and ABC [Another Bloody Custard] from Chefsvapour https://www.chefsvapour.co.uk/chefsvapour-concentrates/3175-welsh-custard-concentrate.html

Not tried that one either. A bit pricey.

Thanks for all the info friend, much appreciated.

Ordered some FlavourArt custard, I'd rather not use concentrates that have nasty chemicals, hopefully it is nice. Thanks a lot.

Let us know how that is. I like some FA concentrates. I'm not real bothered about 'nasties' so long as I keep them to a minimum it's all good for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Bought some premixed base, extra pg and vg and some concentrates from cloudhouse and picknmix while half asleep last night. woke up this morning and didn't remember buying anything :pac:

I've never mixed before, though I know how to. Got some pre-made mixed concentrates from picknmix (milkman, key lime cheesecake and dragon's blood) for the boyfriend (he's been demanding I make juice for him for months!) and a few different capella concentrates for myself.

This better not be sh!te!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 445 ✭✭8mm

I use FA's custard and it's a really nice Italian style custard.

HIC's notes:

FA Custard is a true custard flavor, the chef version made by cooking egg yolks, sugar, milk/cream, and vanilla into a thickened cream. FA is an Italian company, so they've included lemon zest as an Italian chef would. This is a bright, sweet, lemony-vanilla cream. Use Custard with your favorite fruits to make them creamy. The vanilla accents all fruit flavors, and the lemon complements most. If you enjoy vaping fresh fruit flavors, you need FA Custard. Gelato is Italian ice cream that begins with cooked custard. Simply adding FA Custard to your favorite FA fresh fruit flavors can give you authentic Italian gelato flavor. The stronger the fruit flavor is, the higher the ratio of Custard to fruit. If a (real food) recipe begins with egg yolks, milk/cream, and sugar stirred together over heat, then the vape equivalent needs FA Custard. You'll find it's the beginning of many cooked candies, ice cream, cakes, pies/tarts, and numerous other European and American desserts. It adds bright
    sweetness that also complements deeper, bolder flavors - like chocolate, butterscotch, caramel, maple, tobaccos, rum, and nuts. Whether you're working on chocolate-rum mousse, butterscotch pudding, or even a smoother/brighter tobacco - any time you need bright-sweet-creaminess - try adding FA Custard. You can use along with Vienna Cream to minimize the lemon flavor.

I'm liking FA's Vienna cream, when combined with their Nonna's cake you get a kind of spongey-custard. They really do love their lemon though, Nonna's also has a slight lemon note to it

• Advertisement

Nonna's cake is sold out everywhere, what the hell is going on with that stuff?

Decided to give myself an ADV break and try find a new one. Would be nice to have a couple of amazing personalised juices. Tried FA Fuji and TFA Cinnamon Danish Swirl but it's not brilliant. It's okay but feels a bit harsh. Could be the TFA concentrate though, looks fairly cloudy / crystally inside the bottle

This whole custard discussion triggered the realisation that I had mixed some FA vanilla custard about a month ago so went rooting in the press and BOOM!
    8mm wrote: »
    I use FA's custard and it's a really nice Italian style custard.

I'm not the most patient person when it comes to steeping and tried the custard a day after mixing and wasn't best pleased but after a month, I wacked it into a tank and yum :P

Just mixed up another 50 ml's so I'll be adding it to the shopping list!

Most custard mixes really need a few weeks steep to really shine. They only get better.
    Nonna's cake is sold out everywhere, what the hell is going on with that stuff?

Decided to give myself an ADV break and try find a new one. Would be nice to have a couple of amazing personalised juices. Tried FA Fuji and TFA Cinnamon Danish Swirl but it's not brilliant. It's okay but feels a bit harsh. Could be the TFA concentrate though, looks fairly cloudy / crystally inside the bottle

Many mixers jumped to Nonna's after cake yellow let them down. I never tried that but I heard it's a royal gunker.

Fuji apple is nice, but it's very strong I find. It can take over other flavours easily. I still get an apple/pear vibe from it, which I like. But definitely some pear. 1-2% I find is plenty enough.

I also have TFA cinnamon danish, haven't fully warmed to it just yet. Also very strong, 1% seems to offer enough cinnamon for me personally.

I went 2% of each just as a tester. Seems good for the Fuji, but less than 2% cinnamon is hard to taste but at 2% it feels like it kind of burns my tonsils. Not really sure how to take that sting out of it or if it's even possible. Might need another cinnamon concentrate.

I have some Yellow Cake on the way anyway, going to try it regardless.

Where do people get their LorAnn concentrates? I see them talked about a lot but don't see them for sale on any of the sites I use

I made an apple pie mix a few weeks back, and added only 0.5% of the cinnamon danish, I thought it was just right at that, for that mix at least. But I didn't want cinnamon to be a main, it was more a background note. I've come across a recipe using cinnamon danish at 4% though, so might try it, just to see can I make good use of it.

This one here, nice and simple, knowing me I will probably tinker/tailor it more to my liking http://e-liquid-recipes.com/recipe/497544/The+Cheesed+Crown

Fuji is definitely plenty at 2%, you will taste it at that no matter what else you mix in.

When I started mixing I looked into all the main ones I'd heard about, inc LorAnn, and it seemed people were mostly saying TFA were better, so never bothered looking for them really.

• Advertisement
Advertisement