Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 21 Transfer in Payet Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,038 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

Aguero and payet in for Lukaku and Kdb. Yay or nay?

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

eh i dunno wrote: »

No I wouldn't.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

eh i dunno wrote: »

No.

It may come off, but it's immensely risky.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

Want to bring Aguero in on a FT. Will have to sell Kane or Lukaku. Wanted to keep Lukaku due to form, but leaning towards selling him due to him being a doubt.

Any advice?? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

Benimar wrote: »
    Want to bring Aguero in on a FT. Will have to sell Kane or Lukaku. Wanted to keep Lukaku due to form, but leaning towards selling him due to him being a doubt.

I'm in the same predicament to get Aguero. Think I'll save it though and get him in next GW with Walcott to make way for Payet. If I had to sell one it would be Lukaku.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

sell Lukaku?
    with home games against Swansea, Newcastle & West Brom within the next month?
    are you mad?

• Registered Users Posts: 42,084 ✭✭✭✭Scorpion Sting

sell Lukaku?
    are you mad?

It's either him or Kane in the short term and I favour Kane to outscore him over the next 3 games.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,779 ✭✭✭Benimar

sell Lukaku?
    are you mad?

Well I'm allowed buy him back!

Other options are Kane out before Two home games or go without Aguero. Can't have it all!

Benimar wrote: »

its a tough one im expecting attacking pts from lukaku against city once he plays. If you have kdb id probably capt him and hold off on aguero. Easy for me to say though as I more or less wildcarded to get aguero in:D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

-16 point hit taken.

Talk to ye all at 1845 tomrrow.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 731 ✭✭✭peterswellman

Am I mad for considering upgrading(dunno if that's the right choice of word) Payet for Mahrez? I actually think Leicester may struggle from now on and have some tough games. My other midfielders are Willian, Delli Ali, Ozil and Stanislas.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

FutureGuy wrote: »
    -16 point hit taken.

A 16 point hit is never necessary or needed imo

• Registered Users Posts: 36,141 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

-16 point hit taken.

Until you hit 'wildcard'?

stephenl15 wrote: »
    A 16 point hit is never necessary or needed imo

Made 58 points the last time I did it, and while I hope to just break even this time, I think there is a time, a place and a situation for any type of hit. For me, I can sit on a horrific team filled with underperforming differentials and make a few changes each week for the next month or I can stop the bleeding this week.

I had a team that was killing my enjoyment of the game. I now have a team I'll enjoy far more and hopefully get somewhere.

@SR the current plan is to keep the wc. May change my mind tomorrow but I have a plan for it later in the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,989 ✭✭✭Potential Underachiever

Made 58 points the last time I did it, and while I hope to just break even this time, I think there is a time, a place and a situation for any type of hit. For me, I can sit on a horrific team filled with underperforming differentials and make a few changes each week for the next month or I can stop the bleeding this week.

I had a team that was killing my enjoyment of the game. I now have a team I'll enjoy far more and hopefully get somewhere.

@SR the current plan is to keep the wc. May change my mind tomorrow but I have a plan for it later in the year.

Any chance of a before and after pic of your line up. I'm curious!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Was thinking of getting rid of Smalling to free up some funds, any idea who to bring in? I also have Toby, Dawson, Delaney and Zouma.

siblers wrote: »
    Was thinking of getting rid of Smalling to free up some funds, any idea who to bring in? I also have Toby, Dawson, Delaney and Zouma.

Williams from Swansea might be ok 4.8m and next 2 games Sun and Watford at home.

Depends if you want to play this defender you're buying in, you could go a lot cheaper if you just want bench fodder.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Williams. Swansea have decent fixtures short term, 3 clean sheets in 4 and he got max bonus for each cs. 4.8m and a good differential.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,262 ✭✭✭iroced

-16 point hit taken.

The "big" question is will your WC be worth a 16 pts hit later on?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,390 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Williams from Swansea might be ok 4.8m and next 2 games Sun and Watford at home.

Depends if you want to play this defender you're buying in, you could go a lot cheaper if you just want bench fodder.

Nice one, hadn't even considered him. I have a strong back 5 and I like having the option to rotate so I would be looking to play him.

Although they are away to Newcastle so I may as well hold onto Smalling this gw.

• Advertisement

Bollox! I was ready to pull the trigger on 2 tranfers at 1.12am, I thought I had a couple more minutes but anyway Vardy dropped and Aguero rose and that left me 0.1m short!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Nice one, hadn't even considered him. I have a strong back 5 and I like having the option to rotate so I would be looking to play him.

Although they are away to Newcastle so I may as well hold onto Smalling this gw.

They're home to Sunderland this GW.

Any chance of a before and after pic of your line up. I'm curious!

Before

De Gea
    Alder - Dann - Moreno - Monreal - S. Taylor
    Barkley - Walcott - KDB - Mahrez - Ozil
    Vardy - Lukaku - Kane

After
    -rivals be watching.

iroced wrote: »
    The "big" question is will your WC be worth a 16 pts hit later on?

That's what I'd have my doubts on. Nothing wrong with a 16 pt hit but I wouldn't with a wildcard an option. A 16 pt hit is being able to make 5 transfers on the week of a dgw when you will already have a lot of dgw players in your team anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Thinking KDB and Vardy for Stanislaus and Ageuro

or

slowly downgrading my defense to get Sergio in long term

• Registered Users Posts: 5,661 ✭✭✭dr.kenneth noisewater

Before

De Gea
    Alder - Dann - Moreno - Monreal - S. Taylor
    Barkley - Walcott - KDB - Mahrez - Ozil
    Vardy - Lukaku - Kane

After
    -rivals be watching.

Dont think its that bad a team to be doing a -16!

Dont think its that bad a team to be doing a -16!

I completely agree. It's not a bad team. It's just not the team that gives me a chance to get back in contention.

I still may wildcard but I'd prefer not to.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,148 ✭✭✭✭km79

stick with bellerin or get sagna in .........on wildcard
    srick with lukaku of get Costa in. .......:D

I completely agree. It's not a bad team. It's just not the team that gives me a chance to get back in contention.

I still may wildcard but I'd prefer not to.

Be interested to know what your plan is for the late wildcard. Based on the fa cup so far and the draw for the 4th round with only 3 all Pl ties. The fa cup qf could have 7 to 8 Pl teams which would mean a bumper dgw 34 so would be fairly easy to get out an all dgw team.even without a wildcard. A posible wildcard before dgw 37 if there are 4 Pl teams in the semi final is the only way I can see it being a potential 16 pt advantage .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,379 ✭✭✭Shedite27

I need/want to do Smalling --> Williams. I have the option of doing it today, or carry the transfer to do it next week.

So who would you prefer for tonight...
    Smalling (Newcastle away)
    Williams (Sunderland home)

Advertisement