Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The LG G5

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,942 ✭✭✭biebiebie

Wow that's one large looking battery...dying to know the capacity of it.

Hopefully it's 3500mAh at a minimum, 4000+ would be fantastic!

The back still looks kind of weird?

I wonder have they made the back surface more grippy perhaps?

Or maybe that's an earlier prototype.

Hmm only time will tell.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users Posts: 6,310 ✭✭✭xtal191

Ah it'll look grand in black

S7 vs LG G5 poll...which one?
    Spoiler: when I checked the G5 was ahead!

http://www.droid-life.com/2016/02/19/friday-poll-galaxy-s7-s7-edge-or-lg-g5/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Mourinho

Patww79 wrote: »
    On looks alone I'd be buying the Edge but all the fine details aren't far away now.

I'd like a 5.5 normal S7, the was an S7 Plus listed a while back but it's disappeared.

However camera being a big thing for me on phones I simply won't be holding my breath on their dropping their cameras down to 12MP with lens tweaks. I've always heard the MP ain't it all, however the main companies in the likes of Apple and HTC that come out with this stuff, have their cameras blown away by the large MP competition.

Like the 12MP 6s Plus I have is nothing compared to the G4's 16MP the fine details when zooming in would amaze you. HTC's 4MP "ultra pixels" was another disaster.

Would be great to be proven wrong but we'll see.

• Advertisement

I thought the G5 was 16 again (or 16 and 8 dual) or do you mean the S7? I'd like to see 16 minimum anyway but there's other factors too. The Z3 had 20.3 but always shoots fairly grainy photos unless the light is perfect.

So long as they keep the standard auto mode as quick and as good as the G4 then I'm happy. No interest in manual modes as I haven't a baldy what it does.

Samsung had apparently dropped from 16MP down to some new special 12MP that's still as good, going off previous claims I'm dubious, why not keep their 16MP and then add the new tweaks.

Ya LG is meant to be a dual setup with one 8MP and rumours of either 16MP or 20MP for the main one.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

Mourinho wrote: »
    Samsung had apparently dropped from 16MP down to some new special 12MP that's still as good, going off previous claims I'm dubious, why not keep their 16MP and then add the new tweaks. .

By dropping the mp down to 12 they can make pixel size bigger allowing more light in and if its really a f1.6 set up then it should be very good indeed indoors.

But then the G4 was very good indoors too.

god's toy wrote: »
    By dropping the mp down to 12 they can make pixel size bigger allowing more light in and if its really a f1.6 set up then it should be very good indeed indoors.

But then the G4 was very good indoors too.

To be fair that laser autofocus is a serious job IMO

Unless it's for thinness as there doesn't seem to be any bump now. Though I'm not sure how these things work and which axis needs to be bigger for more MP.

This.
    Isn't this the main reason why they did it?
    They're going for the cosmetic look, style over function.

1PM Irish time Sunday for the big show!

Looks like the event will be streamed live by LG on YouTube.

https://m.youtube.com/user/LGBlogUK

Also check out their own official countdown
    http://www.lg.com/uk/mobile-phones/g5/main_count_m.html

Evan Blass suggests that the G5 will only have 1 screen after all, not 2. What he saw was probably the always on display. Phew!

(https://twitter.com/evleaks/status/699626770291695617?s=03

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

oops - looks like LG have leaked the press release early! Anyone know what colour Titan is? I suspect it might be white :(

digitaldr wrote: »
    oops - looks like LG have leaked the press release early! Anyone know what colour Titan is? I suspect it might be white :(

Titan sounds like a dark grey perhaps?

But a 2,800mAh battery? I find that aspect disappointing to be honest. The G4 has 3,000 so why reduce power on a newer model when the competition like S7 is increasing battery capacity?
    I really hope that's not true.

2800mAh battery confirmed.
    That sucks.

How could LG have wimped out on something so basic?

at least Samsung appears to have learned that with the S6. The S7 appears to have enhanced battery capacity.

• Registered Users Posts: 690 ✭✭✭Frankmagnet

Pretty impressed so far. Not a big fan of the design, wish there was a dark black color.
    All these add ons will prob cost a bomb though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

As they have the B&O sound thing as an add on they are saying the integrated DAC is going to be poor like the G4s one. in short, want good sound? you're gonna have to pay for it.

Battery is a let down seeing as it looks huge!
    all the quick change is misleading as you have to wait for booting each time. not as handy as they are saying.

Still I like it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Looks far better in the videos I have seen. Looks a lot chunkier in the photos. Like the looks of the camera!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

• Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

Interestingly, they have got rid of the app drawer. But as someone who has just started using a huawei phone, it's not the worst thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Overall I like it. The Titan (=titanium) colour is nice but I'd prefer if it was a little darker. Some concerns about the seam between the removable module and the bottom of the phone but hopefully this will be ironed out in the production models. Nothing about loudspeaker quality that I could find - probably have to wait for the full reviews.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,787 ✭✭✭thomasj

Looking at pocketnow hands on there is a micro SD slot with the nano sim slot which make sense because android 5.0 integrates the micro SD into the phone storage.

Advertisement