Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box for €30.48 delivered.

Options
1234568»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

yeah that seems to be the case, beelink is the name on the other one i looked at

Heard of beelink, but no experience of them. Tronsmart MXIII s812 is $64.99 now on geek, you might find a discount code on freaktab, they had them before.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,075 ✭✭✭✭Liam O

Invincible wrote: »
    There are different manufacturers of the box, as far as I know, I went for a Tronsmart because they're a reputable brand, not sure what the other variants are like, cost about €55 with discount code at that time.

Is that working well for you? Does all of what you'd want come installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Liam O wrote: »
    Is that working well for you? Does all of what you'd want come installed?

It works the finest, no problem receiving Wi-Fi, compared to poor experience of M8s.
    It came with various add one, but an older version of Kodi, no bother to delete it and install latest stable version from Play store, then put whatever add one take your fancy, seo-michael.co.uk has step by step tutorials on all the latest one's.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Zardoz wrote: »
    Are most of the cheap Mxq boxes on Amazon clones ?

This guy delivers to Ireland and is fulfilled by Amazon ,£24.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015CIY3DY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3RSQK9HGNTFB1&coliid=I3VIOSN89EQ7WS&psc=1

Ordered this Monday arrived today.....still messing around with it, wifi easy to set up....no XBMC installed as advertised but easy enough to do, my impressions so far it's a good little gadget for the price but would never use it as a main source of tv ......but I guess I now have a smart tv that I didn't have

• Registered Users Posts: 12,389 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Crinklewood

Invincible wrote: »
    +1 on the MXIII, got the Tronsmart S802 last year, find it way better than an M8S I got before.
    I got a M8S+ few days ago from Wish for €42 2GB/8GB, no chance to try it out yet.

Have you had a chance to look at the M8S+ yet?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

So after lots of research and reading forums, blogs etc. I opted to buy the MXIII-G 2GB 8GB. I purchased it online at Gear Best for $57.99, I don't think I will get stung for customs charges as today I got an email with a picture of my shipment which seems to be shipping out of Rotterdam with PostNL in the Netherlands from ChinaBrands, I had presumed it was shipping from China and had factored customs charges into account when I made the purchase.

If it comes from the Netherlands then I should not have to pay customs which would make it a good enough little bargain as I have seen these boxes on amazon.co.uk for £65+. I'm also hopeful that with it apparently shipping from Holland I should receive much faster than if it came from China.

I'll update the thread with my review of it when I receive it in the next few days or weeks.

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_230334.html
    http://i.imgur.com/M4yVTAy.jpg?1

(Edit: can't upload attachment for some weird reason.)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Its shipping from China by the looks of it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

They use PostNL to try and avoid/trick customs, as they don't have an EU Warehouse, despite claiming that they do. They use this Virtual UK address (sheriffs orchard) to avoid tax also.
    If there is a problem with your item (if it arrives dead), you will be asked to send it back to China at your own cost to receive a refund, or accept a voucher for their website of 50% of the item value.

I'm sure it will be okay, but for future purchases it is something to be aware of. (Probably better not to use them).

It's also worth noting, that their customer support is next to non existent. Any complaints will take a week before you get a reply, and much, much longer before it starts getting any attention.

For example, if that box did get stopped by customs, you would get asked for €12.65 VAT + €7 An post handling fee
    Which is €19.65 at the door.

That would bring the total price to (if it got stopped) roughly €75.
    If it arrived broken, they will only offer you a refund of €27.50 as a voucher for their site.
    Paypal state that if they don't have a European address, you are required to send it back to China as asked (for a full refund), and they require registered mail for proof (another €10 - €20). It seems to be a paypal loophole Gearbest have found, and are using.

Admittedly, all of the above is the worst case scenario, but it does happen. (A Lot). And I think it is definitely something people should be aware of.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭dodzy

Stinicker wrote: »
    So after lots of research and reading forums, blogs etc. I opted to buy the MXIII-G 2GB 8GB. I purchased it online at Gear Best for $57.99, I don't think I will get stung for customs charges as today I got an email with a picture of my shipment which seems to be shipping out of Rotterdam with PostNL in the Netherlands from ChinaBrands, I had presumed it was shipping from China and had factored customs charges into account when I made the purchase.

If it comes from the Netherlands then I should not have to pay customs which would make it a good enough little bargain as I have seen these boxes on amazon.co.uk for £65+. I'm also hopeful that with it apparently shipping from Holland I should receive much faster than if it came from China.

I'll update the thread with my review of it when I receive it in the next few days or weeks.

http://www.gearbest.com/tv-box-mini-pc/pp_230334.html
    http://i.imgur.com/M4yVTAy.jpg?1

(Edit: can't upload attachment for some weird reason.)

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Stoga-Kbox-MXIII-Smart-Android/dp/B00O0LEQIW/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1454745678&sr=8-2&keywords=MxIII

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

dodzy wrote: »

I bought a couple of mxiii 1gb units during the week and bricked the box by flashing openelec on them. I then discovered they had an actual s812_board instead of s802. I bought the boxes from Gearbest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

Is this from China or UK?
    Decent enough all the same, have you got one of these?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

I bought a couple of mxiii 1gb units during the week and bricked the box by flashing openelec on them. I then discovered they had an actual s812_board instead of s802. I bought the boxes from Gearbest.

manage to find the right openelec for the 2gb version?
    thanks
    john

• Registered Users Posts: 345 ✭✭red bellied

seanin4711 wrote: »
    manage to find the right openelec for the 2gb version?
    thanks
    john

I got it working on the latest m8s version from Kerber here
    http://xbmc.ru/forum/showthread.php?t=4587
    I had the 1gb version mxiii with s812_board but I would say 2gb should be compatible. The stock remote didn't work with openelec but I backed up the original remote.conf from Android and I remapped some buttons to get it going.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,965 ✭✭✭jonerkinsella

• Registered Users Posts: 1,349 ✭✭✭Phibsboro

This box looks ideal - no? Quick delivery from the UK, no customs, 56e delivered. The HDMI output on my little Linx windows tab has gone kaput and I'm looking for a replacement device, mainly for acestream. Is this (i.e. MX3) the current go-to box for Android streaming? Any obvious reason if I am going for an MX3 not to get this particular box from Amazon?

Any advice appreciated.

Phibsboro wrote: »
    This box looks ideal - no? Quick delivery from the UK, no customs, 56e delivered. The HDMI output on my little Linx windows tab has gone kaput and I'm looking for a replacement device, mainly for acestream. Is this (i.e. MX3) the current go-to box for Android streaming? Any obvious reason if I am going for an MX3 not to get this particular box from Amazon?

Any advice appreciated.

Oh I see the S802 is missing a couple of things the S812 has - in particular H.265/HEVC which is something I'd like to mess around with. Any recommendations for an S812 box?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭dodzy

Phibsboro wrote: »

Any advice appreciated.
    Nope. no reason not to get it. You'd get it cheaper from Asia but you are faced with the 4 week ship and the customs roulette. I stopped buying from the Alie way back as the time taken was just too excessive.

As a comparison, I ordered 5 x 1GB/8GB MXQs from Amazon last Thursday evening. They landed in my house this morning. Rapid quick service for only 'a few dollars more' ;).

Thinking this one to get the H.265 decoding...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B017JQ1LM8

60e delivered, again fulfilled by Amazon so no customs and quick delivery. Anything obviously wrong with that box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

I love mine. I'd get the 6 month entertainment pack though at the same price as you get 6 months and have access to all the boxsets from HBO.

I love mine. I'd get the 6 month entertainment pack though at the same price as you get 6 months and have access to all the boxsets from HBO.

Can you put on aps like Kodi or other freeview aps ?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,199 ✭✭✭muppetkiller

Nope just Plex

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

Yes, you can sideload android apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

Yes, you can sideload android apps.

He's asking about the Now TV box which you can't sideload Android apks. Just a modified version of Plex & 1 other app that allows you to stream freeview British channels: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=98705653&postcount=2555

You can only choose to have 1 of either app installed at any time.

Has anyone tried teamviewer on the box in the op? Just wondering could I install it on one of these boxes so I could control/update a box remotely.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

Hi All,

I know nothing about Android Tv boxes, there ability etc., however from what I have been told it sounds like a potential option to view certain events etc. I have tried to read this thread, but tend to get lost in the detail. What would be recommended in terms of a box - brand, supplier etc?

I see pigsback have an offer: http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/206817/jy-co-ltd
    Is that any good?

Thanks in advance

budhabob wrote: »
    Hi All,

I know nothing about Android Tv boxes, there ability etc., however from what I have been told it sounds like a potential option to view certain events etc. I have tried to read this thread, but tend to get lost in the detail. What would be recommended in terms of a box - brand, supplier etc?

I see pigsback have an offer: http://offers.pigsback.com/offer/206817/jy-co-ltd
    Is that any good?

Thanks in advance

Exact same box for half the price without going through the middleman pigsback: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057560455

• Registered Users Posts: 4,821 ✭✭✭budhabob

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Exact same box for half the price without going through the middleman pigsback: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057560455

Cheers for that, is this a good box?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

budhabob wrote: »
    Cheers for that, is this a good box?

That's the one I got on Amazon for 22 euro.....pretty good for a cheap box lots installed on it but no Kodi on mine (had to install myself) ....works well and has DNLA .....got the AirStream app off googleplay and stream all your files from a pc

Advertisement