Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box for €30.48 delivered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

zerks wrote: »
    I've just set up a box I got from Amazon for €43,2G Ram etc.WiFi check was 72Mb/s.The box is rooted and has Superuser installed so Adaway was put on straight away,there's a few video;) apps pre-installed,I kept 2 and updated kodi.

Which box was it Zerks?
    Box I bought from Alibaba seller, Dec 2014 isn't compatible with numerous apps on play store either.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Invincible wrote: »
    Which box was it Zerks?
    Box I bought from Alibaba seller, Dec 2014 isn't compatible with numerous apps on play store either.

This one,I have another one which was meant for somebody else but I kept it.The ones I just set up are for friends.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015ZAMYM6?ref_=cfb_at_prodpg

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

Is there any problem installing run of the mill Android apps on these boxes, i.e do they support Google Play

I would like to get one for things like RTE Player, Netflix, NFL Games Pass, MLB.tv etc.

I'm well versed in Kodi and the like but would also like a box that can support subscription stuff if I wish to.

Also is there any way to upgrade the RAM ?
    I assume they just have a single slot but could one open it up a put a 2GB stick in it if required ?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

Is there any problem installing run of the mill Android apps on these boxes, i.e do they support Google Play

I would like to get one for things like RTE Player, Netflix, NFL Games Pass, MLB.tv etc.

I'm well versed in Kodi and the like but would also like a box that can support subscription stuff if I wish to.

Also is there any way to upgrade the RAM ?
    I assume they just have a single slot but could one open it up a put a 2GB stick in it if required ?

As long as the box is rooted you should have no problem installing any apps .
    Think Most if not all of these boxes have the ram soldered to the mb so no upgrade.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭BrendanD

I actually have that box its a good box , comes pre rooted so you can install what you want.
    Everything runs fine no OTA update cant get that to work, but the Gigabyte Ethernet is good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Any opinions on this box

MXIII - G TV Box

2gb ram 8gb storage

Quad Core Amlogic S812 4K x 2K H.265

50 dollar plus a little for shipping
    http://www.dealsmachine.com/best_254452.html

BrendanD wrote: »
    As long as the box is rooted you should have no problem installing any apps .
    Think Most if not all of these boxes have the ram soldered to the mb so no upgrade.

It's easy enough to find APK's for apps online and use the App Installer on these boxes to install them.Any box I have used had Play Store installed but certain apps that are useful aren't available there so I install them either by downloading using the browser on the box or have them stored on USB stick.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

deckie27 wrote: »
    Any opinions on this box

MXIII - G TV Box

2gb ram 8gb storage

A great piece of kit.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭ynwa_17

Any opinions on this box

MXIII - G TV Box

2gb ram 8gb storage

Looks good - considering it myself. Reviews look very good for it. Kinda depends on whether you'd get stung for customs or not

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

That's just your regular mxq box, delivered from Amazon (a reputable seller) for 40 quid or less. Even cheaper on aliexpress.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stanley1

1gb ram, not enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,888 ✭✭✭✭PTH2009

No need to subscribe to sky sports anymore with this new boxes. Sky will win the battle someday there must be a way of getting rid of all these boxes

• Registered Users Posts: 3,979 ✭✭✭Vurnon San Benito

So from reading above - these boxes aren't designed to run Sports streams etc over WiFi? Ethernet seems to be the main requirement for top performance?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

So from reading above - these boxes aren't designed to run Sports streams etc over WiFi? Ethernet seems to be the main requirement for top performance?

Depends on your wifi network. If your setup is good they are fine, if you have a bad router you might need ethernet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

PTH2009 wrote: »
    No need to subscribe to sky sports anymore with this new boxes. Sky will win the battle someday there must be a way of getting rid of all these boxes

Totally disagree.

I'm not sure if I'm able to talk about this here but there is no way the free service delivered by the main app on these boxes would drive volume customers away from Sky.

The quality of the streams is hit and miss, there is no way to determine quality before opening a stream, there is no guarantee a stream will stay up or be there the next time you wish to watch something.

I'ts totally overrated.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Premier league pass has all the games in perfect quality.

Other sports, very hit and miss. Sky is so overpriced I wouldn't give them a cent, of rather go to the pub to watch it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,282 ✭✭✭BlackWizard

RossieMan wrote: »

Other sports, very hit and miss. Sky is so overpriced I wouldn't give them a cent, of rather go to the pub to watch it.

It is pretty pricey but the convenience is nice.

The Premier League Pass is very good

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

RossieMan wrote: »

quite true, premier league pass is the way to go but for other leagues it's really a hit or miss to find a decent english quality stream :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,992 ✭✭✭Barr

Any opinions on this box

MXIII - G TV Box

2gb ram 8gb storage

Does anyone know if this comes rooted?

Barr wrote: »
    Does anyone know if this comes rooted?

Easy enough to do it if it's not.

The best thing about this thread is people finding they can pick up these boxes for a fraction of what some people are selling them for on Donedeal/Adverts.
    A bit of googling of best builds for kodi etc. will help even the most tech unsavvy to set them up.
    I found the box I linked to for sale on Donedeal for €140.Nuts.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Brianboru39

5star02707 wrote: »
    quite true, premier league pass is the way to go but for other leagues it's really a hit or miss to find a decent english quality stream :D

How do I get the Premier League pass, The constant searching for streams is annoying me at this stage

• Registered Users Posts: 2,464 ✭✭✭5star02707

How do I get the Premier League pass, The constant searching for streams is annoying me at this stage

i believe operation robocop is the name of the add on. google it and you'll have it :D. it is not always available only when EPL is on/

• Registered Users Posts: 30 Brianboru39

5star02707 wrote: »
    i believe operation robocop is the name of the add on. google it and you'll have it :D. it is not always available only when EPL is on/

Cheers much appreciated

• Registered Users Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭Zardoz

zerks wrote: »
    The best thing about this thread is people finding they can pick up these boxes for a fraction of what some people are selling them for on Donedeal/Adverts.
    I found the box I linked to for sale on Donedeal for €140.Nuts.

Re Done Deal/Adverts ,its amazing the stuff people will buy for over the odds.
    I regularly see second hand stuff going for more than you'd buy the same item for new elsewhere.
    The only thing I can think of is that these buyers have no credit cards and have to buy in cash but it is bizarre in this day and age.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

Zardoz wrote: »
    I regularly see second hand stuff going for more than you'd buy the same item for new elsewhere.
    The only thing I can think of is that these buyers have no credit cards and have to buy in cash but it is bizarre in this day and age.

So many of the buyers are fooled by the "Fully loaded" tags on the box's on adverts/donedeal.
    Some poster here even mentioned paying €150 for a MINIX NEO X8-H plus, same box on Amazon for €138/£99.90

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭kop-end

Any opinions on the below for €55, is Igb enough to stream over Virgin broadband. ???

http://www.my-smart-cloud-tv.com/home/8-mxq-android-tv-box-quadcore.html

MXQ Android TV Box – QuadCore

Reference:
    Condition: New product
    • Android TV Boxes, lowest priced Android TV Box!
    • Features 1GB RAM, Quad Core CPU and Quad Core GPU as well as built in Wireless 2.4 GHz and 8GB of storage
    • Fully loaded with XBMC (Kodi) and other apps for all of your multimedia needs!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,683 ✭✭✭Subcomandante Marcos

kop-end wrote: »
    Any opinions on the below for €55, is Igb enough to stream over Virgin broadband. ???

http://www.my-smart-cloud-tv.com/home/8-mxq-android-tv-box-quadcore.html

MXQ Android TV Box – QuadCore

Reference:
    Condition: New product
    • Android TV Boxes, lowest priced Android TV Box!
    • Features 1GB RAM, Quad Core CPU and Quad Core GPU as well as built in Wireless 2.4 GHz and 8GB of storage
    • Fully loaded with XBMC (Kodi) and other apps for all of your multimedia needs!

The same box is €25 cheaper delivered from the link in the op.

The 1GB is the ram in the box, nothing to do with your internet connection.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Zardoz wrote: »

People are still very much in the dark about these boxes and Kodi.
    They see one a friend has bought (from a seller for twice the actual value) and they go and buy the same one.

I tried to explain this to a friend in work, but they wanted to go with the expensive seller because it was recommended by someone else/had a website etc, ignoring my offer to set the box up for free for them :mad:

Advertisement