Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box for €30.48 delivered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭juansheet

Spend extra 20 euro for a firestick. Better & more reliable product in my view

Cheers lads, thanks for the info.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

€39 w/o keyboard on wish.com.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

zerks wrote: »
    I've just set up a box I got from Amazon for €43,2G Ram etc.WiFi check was 72Mb/s.The box is rooted and has Superuser installed so Adaway was put on straight away,there's a few video;) apps pre-installed,I kept 2 and updated kodi.
    This one,I have another one which was meant for somebody else but I kept it.The ones I just set up are for friends.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B015ZAMYM6?ref_=cfb_at_prodpg

Just purchased one of these boxes on your recommendation. Happy days.

When you said it came with some stuff pre-installed...... is it this box you're talking about?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,044 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

So, for those like me that are still confused...... Can people post links to a few options that are worth while?
    I recently put a couple of apps on one for someone and it drove me nuts but think they are a great thing. Was gonna buy one 'fully loaded' but now I have done one I could do it again.
    TIA

Can you give a bit more details on that bit in bold.

I want to buy one of these things to put 'proper' offical apps on them, Netflix, MLB TV, NFL GamePass etc.

I'm not mad about getting something that I need to hack to death to be able to get it to that stage.

How hard was it to install apps on

• Registered Users Posts: 1,041 ✭✭✭will56

Can you give a bit more details on that bit in bold.

I want to buy one of these things to put 'proper' offical apps on them, Netflix, MLB TV, NFL GamePass etc.

I'm not mad about getting something that I need to hack to death to be able to get it to that stage.

How hard was it to install apps on

Its about as difficult as installing "proper" apps on an android phone or tablet :D

I assume that comment from needinghelp was about kodi apps or add-ons

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Just purchased one of these boxes on your recommendation. Happy days.

When you said it came with some stuff pre-installed...... is it this box you're talking about?

Different sellers install different apps and versions of kodi,I usually delete Kodi and install the latest stable version and whatever build takes my fancy.

• Registered Users Posts: 842 ✭✭✭pjproby

You don't need an android box to install kodi. You can install it on a windows pc. There are numerous you tube videos showing you how to install addons.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,148 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

pjproby wrote: »
    You don't need an android box to install kodi. You can install it on a windows pc. There are numerous you tube videos showing you how to install addons.

Great. It came installed with a load of add ons but i'm just going to wipe it and install my own. Cheers for the recommendation!
    Different sellers install different apps and versions of kodi,I usually delete Kodi and install the latest stable version and whatever build takes my fancy.

Yes, I have it on my phone alread. However, what I want is just something I can keep plugged into my TV and use Kodi through without disrupting my PC or my phone etc. This seems to do the trick!

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dave2.0

New to boards.ie,

Bought the box in the OP and just wondering how long does delivery take with aliexpress? Tried using my tracking number on packagetrackr.com but it still says its at customs the last 11 days..

Also is there any need to upgrade to the latest Kodi or will the one that comes preinstalled be fine?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

Delete the one that comes on it and update to latest one, much more stable.

• Registered Users Posts: 119 ✭✭Psychosis

dave2.0 wrote: »
    New to boards.ie,

Bought the box in the OP and just wondering how long does delivery take with aliexpress? Tried using my tracking number on packagetrackr.com but it still says its at customs the last 11 days..

Also is there any need to upgrade to the latest Kodi or will the one that comes preinstalled be fine?

Exact same for me.

Has anyone who bought over Christmas had theirs delivered yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

Psychosis wrote: »
    Exact same for me.

Has anyone who bought over Christmas had theirs delivered yet?

Can take up to 30 days.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭daredevil360

Just got mine this morning , hooked it up to my tv via ethernet ,setup was easy.Opened kodi it auto updated everything .works fine

• Registered Users Posts: 715 ✭✭✭Newport81

when did you order yours?

On the 27th

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭jakdublin

• Registered Users Posts: 1,065 ✭✭✭TheChevron

What is the threshold for customs again? I seem to remember hearing 26 euro but I cant remember.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Mike1961

http://www.revenue.ie/en/customs/leaflets/pn1882.html
    Consignments not exceeding a total customs value of €22 may be imported without payment of VAT. (Customs value is the value of the goods plus insurance and freight (which includes postage costs (CIF value).

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

jakdublin wrote: »
    Anybody who has one care to suggest good value accessories that might come in handy? I'm thinking SD cards, cables, keyboards, batteries etc?

small wireless keyboard is invaluable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 dave2.0

On the 27th

Ordered on the 27th too but still no sign of it, hopefully turns up next week.

Picked up a mini keyboard from amazon for 15 euro, very impressed with it. Not sure if the LED back light is standard on it but worth getting, very useful.

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭onlyTobes

On the 27th

Did you have to pay customs?

onlyTobes wrote: »
    Did you have to pay customs?

No just delivered no problems .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,344 ✭✭✭ErinGoBrath

Where's the best place to get a 3 prong power adaptor for this? Thanks

Where's the best place to get a 3 prong power adaptor for this? Thanks

Amazon

Invincible wrote: »
    Amazon

AFAIK Dealz has them.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I got a loan of a friends M8 2GB RAM this and I followed this guide for streaming and I'm not impressed with it. I tested it streaming 1080p .mkv files over gigabit lan and found the picture to occasionally pixelate and stutter playing back on VLC for Android and MX player was practically useless. I'm wondering if this could be fixed with a new firmware or different version of android, this guy bought it on a whim for over €100 but would sell it to me cheaply and I'd buy it if I could get it to stream smoothly from my HTPC to the M8 android box. I'm not interested in Kodi or any of the apps etc and I just want something which can run VLC and playback my streamed media, mkv, .mp4, avi etc.

• Advertisement

Stinicker wrote: »
    I got a loan of a friends M8 2GB RAM this and I followed this guide for streaming and I'm not impressed with it. I tested it streaming 1080p .mkv files over gigabit lan and found the picture to occasionally pixelate and stutter playing back on VLC for Android and MX player was practically useless. I'm wondering if this could be fixed with a new firmware or different version of android, this guy bought it on a whim for over €100 but would sell it to me cheaply and I'd buy it if I could get it to stream smoothly from my HTPC to the M8 android box. I'm not interested in Kodi or any of the apps etc and I just want something which can run VLC and playback my streamed media, mkv, .mp4, avi etc.

That's an unbelievable price in your link, were €39 on wish.com

Advertisement