Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap MXQ Box !

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

tharmor wrote: »

Wow that's brilliant,anyone ever buy from this site

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

Wow that's brilliant,anyone ever buy from this site

https://ie.trustpilot.com/review/www.tomtop.com

Looks legit ! But lots of poor reviews !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,758 ✭✭✭alastair_doom

Looks like it may have been an error

The "regular price" has just gone up from £20.94 to £29.97, meaning the 44% discount brings it to £16.76 instead of £11.71

• Registered Users Posts: 262 ✭✭evostik

Additional 5% OFF with code VE5OFF

Not Free Shipping however! + $9.95

• Registered Users Posts: 7,503 ✭✭✭Sinister Kid

Price jumps up when you add to your cart.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Some kind of a glitch if you change it to US plug and back to EU plug the price is £16.76

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

This is advertised at this price for the last couple of weeks
    It is at the level of to almost good to be true

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭bmwguy

Very good price if legit. When buying one of these you should budget for an air mouse remote control too as the remotes that come with them are not user friendly at all.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

Don't forget customs for VAT also as it would be coming for China, 23% of the price plus An Posts €7 charge. I don't think its worth getting with just 1GB of Ram however.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,901 ✭✭✭deckie27

Stinicker wrote: »
    Don't forget customs for VAT also as it would be coming for China, 23% of the price plus An Posts €7 charge. I don't think its worth getting with just 1GB of Ram however.

No duty for that price

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

deckie27 wrote: »
    No duty for that price

Even if declared at that price. Would customs assume its marked at a lower price to avoid being charged and then hit ya with a fee??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

Saw it on FB a few weeks ago.

FB5OFF give you a discount.

GBX wrote: »
    Even if declared at that price. Would customs assume its marked at a lower price to avoid being charged and then hit ya with a fee??

Where do you pay customs,at the door when it's delivered or how do they contact u

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 7,102 ✭✭✭Stinicker

I only got stung for customs once on a boxset I ordered from Play.com from Jersey Islands back in 2010, I had to pay the Postman or she couldn't deliver it to me.I presume if your not there they let a note or something to collect it in the post-office and pay the VAT etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,921 ✭✭✭✭GBX

Where do you pay customs,at the door when it's delivered or how do they contact u

Depends on the carrier. I got a phone last year and dhl emailed to say I owed X amount. Paid online and it was delivered next day. Not sure how an post etc do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,959 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Stinicker wrote: »

Nope.

VAT = €0.00
    Duty = €0.00

As long as the value of the goods incl shipping / insurance is below €22 no VAT is due

Linkylink

• Registered Users Posts: 10,619 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

1 GB of Ram is small enough these days all right.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭WIZWEB

Generally once under €26 approx you'll avoid customs duties. American dollar prices seem cheaper to order so revolut card would be handy. Tempted to order a couple of these for family and friends addresses. Not used this crowd before though. Some nasty reviews but often unhappy customers only make such efforts unless influenced by motivations such as Amazons.... You're generally covered by PayPal though if item is faulty you're stuck with a hefty bill to register post it back to China. Would love to know others experiences with this crowd.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭brightkane

okidoki987 wrote: »
    1 GB of Ram is small enough these days all right.

I have an MX3 box with 1 gig - I have had open elec on it and have just stock firmware now and its running perfectly for kodi and netflix. no lagging or issue with the 1 gig ram

• Registered Users Posts: 1,381 ✭✭✭yannakis

Why not go for a Chromecast instead?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,823 ✭✭✭neacy69

the price jumps when you add it to the cart....add the shipping price and it doesn't work out that cheap...

YanisK wrote: »

Chromecast is very limited in comparison with something like this (not saying this one in particular just in general).

In order:
    remote, ethernet, wife, kids, friends, USB, local media, logitech k400, relatives, always on, CEC ....

Depends on where its coming from and if there is an invoice accompanying it. With an post the last few times I received a letter requesting a copy of the invoice to prove the value. On submitting that they let me know how much was due. With this reply:

"Thank you for your eMail. Customs Charges are due on your package. The charges and the expected delivery date are set out below. The charges can be paid to the postperson on delivery by cash or cheque/postal order made payable to“ An Post”. If you are not in when An Post call, they will leave a note in your letterbox advising where to collect your parcel and pay the charges. Any queries or questions relating to the delivery of your package should be directed to An Post Customer Service at 1850 575859 quoting your Track and Trace number."

I must say out lovely local postman was very embarassed and uncomfortable collecting cash from me, I felt sorry for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 904 ✭✭✭styron

Hoverboard and usual China delivery issues aside - TomTop look very shifty.

styron wrote: »
    Hoverboard and usual China delivery issues aside - TomTop look very shifty.

Really ,has anyone bought even one yet

• Registered Users Posts: 516 ✭✭✭shamelessidiot

I have a Chromecast, really can only utilise Youtube, Plex and Netflix from it. With something like this, there's the whole world of Kodi easily available, which offers a lot more flexibility.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

YanisK wrote:

I have not used my chromecast since ages after i got an android box !!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 49 Rugbymad96

Ive got a fully loaded brand new box for €50 and will personally delivery it free of charge.just pm me

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 884 ✭✭✭zefer

Rugbymad96 wrote: »
    Ive got a fully loaded brand new box for €50 and will personally delivery it free of charge.just pm me

What make/model is it?

Advertisement