Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box for €30.48 delivered.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭needinghelp

So, for those like me that are still confused...... Can people post links to a few options that are worth while?
    I recently put a couple of apps on one for someone and it drove me nuts but think they are a great thing. Was gonna buy one 'fully loaded' but now I have done one I could do it again.
    TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 6,124 ✭✭✭Invincible

So, for those like me that are still confused...... Can people post links to a few options that are worth while?
    I recently put a couple of apps on one for someone and it drove me nuts but think they are a great thing. Was gonna buy one 'fully loaded' but now I have done one I could do it again.
    TIA

Here's one from Amazon, handy if it develops fault and you need to return.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,381 ✭✭✭✭Allyall

The one in the OP is on Wish.com for €24.70 delivered. Decent box because it can also (dual) boot OpenELEC. - i.e. You can put in an SD card and boot to the much better OpenELEC operating system, take out the card and boot to Android with apps.

If buying one of these boxes imo, Spec isn't really worth cráp. Some boxes do some stuff faster, but they all do the same thing.

It only makes a difference when the box can actually do something that is different.
    4K isn't really worth your while unless you have a server or hard drive filled with 4K media, because streaming it isn't really going to happen for a while.

In other words, if you are paying more than €30 - ask what it can do that this one can't. - I'd imagine 9/10 times the answer is nothing.

I'm unfollowing this thread, as there's heaps of them. Just pointing out the OP one is on wish.

M8S 2GB available for €39
    M8S+ 2GB available for €42
    Both on wish.com

Invincible wrote: »
    Both on wish.com

There's tons, I didn't see those, and in fairness is a brilliant price. Just remember, shipping is direct from China. I don't think you get asked for tax, I know a load have bought off them, but I've never.

Long delivery times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

Are there Kodi add on's that have decent quality streams for live stuff? Last time I had it setup on a raspberry pi they were quite bad.

Don't get the big fuss over these boxes, you can use your andriod phone/ chromcast and an openbox to do all of the same maybe only lacking in the live department

• Registered Users Posts: 9,930 ✭✭✭dodzy

Invincible wrote: »
    Both on wish.com

Link please? That's worryingly low cost for those boxes.

dodzy wrote: »

The site he mentioned - wish.com are direct from China. Like Groupon etc.. I don't think you can link directly I think it requires you to login.

I'm guessing that's where many of the original Aliexpress sellers have disappeared to, sites like that and some of the other Chinese sites.

https://www.wish.com/search/m8s

https://www.wish.com/search/m8s#cid=566e6c9f38b3e550b2697e7a

They often drop lower again in your basket, so could be €40 or less delivered.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

Etnies wrote: »
    Are there Kodi add on's that have decent quality streams for live stuff? Last time I had it setup on a raspberry pi they were quite bad.

Don't get the big fuss over these boxes, you can use your andriod phone/ chromcast and an openbox to do all of the same maybe only lacking in the live department

There are loads of paid iptv services that give you excellent quality and hd channels but people seem to rather put up with fuzz, dead streams and buffering.

When you have multiple users and kids in the house is much less hassle than chromecast I find mirroring useless.

On phone but here's screenshots, just put Kodi in search bar.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭flutered

guys, fire tv stick rasberry pi, for kodi, i have weak b.b.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

If its not 3mb+ I'd say you're nearly wasting your time getting anything too expensive.

The low quality links are very hit and miss I feel, can take ages to get a decent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,196 ✭✭✭maximoose

Totally disagree.

I'm not sure if I'm able to talk about this here but there is no way the free service delivered by the main app on these boxes would drive volume customers away from Sky.

The quality of the streams is hit and miss, there is no way to determine quality before opening a stream, there is no guarantee a stream will stay up or be there the next time you wish to watch something.

I'ts totally overrated.

Free streams are so hit and miss now.

Decided to dabble with a paid for service before Christmas, never going back.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,151 ✭✭✭Etnies

There are loads of paid iptv services that give you excellent quality and hd channels but people seem to rather put up with fuzz, dead streams and buffering.

When you have multiple users and kids in the house is much less hassle than chromecast I find mirroring useless.

That's what I don't get about people getting these, with an openbox or whatever type box - you don't need the streams unless its not televised.

You don't have to mirror with a chromecast, you cast which is flawless, so an android phone or tablet is a better way to go, no crappy interface or remote. Touchscreen right in front of your face play via allcast or similar.

if you needed Torrent files they can be started/played to a small network drive/torrent box from the said phone/tablet too

I think a lot of people think these are something different coming out when they're not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

For anyone unsure how to set up Kodi,try the Blackbox build.
    Has it all.

http://tutorial-iptv-xbmc.blogspot.ie/2015/09/the-black-box-build-wizard-add-on-for.html

• Registered Users Posts: 1,254 ✭✭✭mightybashful

flutered wrote: »
    guys, fire tv stick rasberry pi, for kodi, i have weak b.b.

Say what you're thinking :)

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭CJmasgrande

Sunny tv paid service is fantastic

Those prices are a complete joke. Avoid it like the plague.

Not sure if all this talk is allowed... (There's a lot of it too :) ) But there's about 20 of these threads anyway :D

E16 per month ? I think its incredible value for spotless product

• Advertisement

Too many gobsh1tes around here. How many good threads have been closed around these parts by fools cracking on about stuff that the world and its mother knows is against the charter and will ultimately get them locked?

Cop on FFS.

Apologies for contributing to it.

I'd say your man above is trying to sell his own products.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭Sir Osis of Liver.

RossieMan wrote:
    Apologies for contributing to it.

I dont sell if your referring to me.

Im just an honest joe soap giving an opinion which im entitled to give thinking it might benefit someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭kenkin

Would any wireless keyboard be good enough for the box in the op
    There are some on aliexpress for around a tenner.
    Perhaps someone could recommend one. Thanks

kenkin wrote: »
    Would any wireless keyboard be good enough for the box in the op
    There are some on aliexpress for around a tenner.
    Perhaps someone could recommend one. Thanks

Yep, pretty much any KB will work.

Rii - small.
    K400 - large.

Recommendations for a keyboard/mouse combo for android boxes in general? Are these any good, for example?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,709 ✭✭✭✭Cantona's Collars

Recommendations for a keyboard/mouse combo for android boxes in general? Are these any good, for example?

They do the job perfectly.

As zerks said, they are grand. Only thing I'd add is back light feature . Handy in a dark room.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010X9SRI4?psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 744 ✭✭✭getoffthepot

As zerks said, they are grand. Only thing I'd add is back light feature . Handy in a dark room.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B010X9SRI4?psc=1

Got one of these - surprised at how small and neat it is.

Advertisement