Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Android TV Box for €30.48 delivered.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,698 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

For an alternative remote you can use two apps called Droidmote

First, install Droidmote Server onto the box (costs ~€3.50). Then install Droidmote Client onto your phone (free)

You use the phones touch screen as a mouse, there is a scroll button and you can also call up the keyboard on your phone and use that to type on the box. Few other features too (gaming pad I think)

Server: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videomap.droidmoteserver&hl=en
    Client: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=org.videomap.droidmoteclient&hl=en

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

First, install Droidmote Server onto the box (costs ~€3.50). Then install Droidmote Client onto your phone (free)

If using kodi only o the box you can get yatse as well...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

tharmor wrote: »
    If using kodi only o the box you can get yatse as well...

or Kore !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

tharmor wrote: »

Sales rank 5 in electronics!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/electronics/ref=pd_dp_ts_ce_1

I knew kodi was going exponential but surprise by that kind of sales volume on a mainstream site. Doesn't bode well free streaming, buffering and dead streams ahoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,921 ✭✭✭dodzy

Sales rank 5 in electronics!
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/bestsellers/electronics/ref=pd_dp_ts_ce_1

I knew kodi was going exponential but surprise by that kind of sales volume on a mainstream site. Doesn't bode well free streaming, buffering and dead streams ahoy.
    If you knew anybody working dublin mail centres and you mention Aliexpress, they'd tell you this is going on quite a while at this point. Container loads of product constantly arriving.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,546 ✭✭✭Zardoz

Are most of the cheap Mxq boxes on Amazon clones ?

This guy delivers to Ireland and is fulfilled by Amazon ,£24.99

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015CIY3DY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3RSQK9HGNTFB1&coliid=I3VIOSN89EQ7WS&psc=1

• Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭eyebrows63

Ordered mine 29/12 it's now arrived in customs

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭Man11

Yes. Top knotch. They have a far more rigorous policy with their sellers than even Amazon. Seller does not get paid until you confirm delivery. Only thing to watch out for is possible Customs charges. But since its just over €30.00, you might not be charged.

If customs ring to say about it , they will want to see receipt . What you do is scan in receipt change the amount and e-mail it back to them . That's what i do . Make sure there is free shipping , because customs take that into account too and use it as total cost .

If customs ring to say about it , they will want to see receipt . What you do is scan in receipt change the amount and e-mail it back to them . That's what i do . Make sure there is free shipping , because customs take that into account too and use it as total cost .

• Registered Users Posts: 45,822 ✭✭✭✭muffler

Man11 wrote: »
    And thats assuming that there is no invoice or receipt inside the package or no customs declaration stuck on the outside of it stating the value of the item(s)

• Advertisement

eyebrows63 wrote: »
    Ordered mine 29/12 it's now arrived in customs
    Gone are the days of ordering via the Asian slow boat and Aliexpress. 4 days to your door from Amazon; only way to go.
    Man11 wrote: »
    Do you think them customs lads are that thick ? They know exactly how much these boxes cost, and they nab plenty of people as you can't get them for less than €22.

dodzy wrote: »
    Gone are the days of ordering via the Asian slow boat and Aliexpress. 4 days to your door from Amazon; only way to go.

Do you think them customs lads are that thick ? They know exactly how much these boxes cost, and they nab plenty of people as you can't get them for less than €22.

Yes you can . I did , what I'm saying is about postage they take that as full price including box . But ya have to try and get free postage . I done it loads of times . Never any questions . Comes in small padded envelope .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,096 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Have kodi on box with android and both not too happy with each other.
    Love to get dedicated kodi on it openelec etc.
    Mx3 2gb version is my box

seanin4711 wrote: »

Or you could try EmbER

http://ember-dev.com/downloads/

edit: Or maybe not!!

eamonnq wrote: »
    Or you could try EmbER

http://ember-dev.com/downloads/

edit: Or maybe not!!

why not?

MXIII 2GB/8GB is bulletproof and more than up to the task of that partnership. Do a restore. Were you tinkering ?

never found them happy together
    i would play somethink on kodi pause it and it would open in another android app.very weird.
    tried a dedicated openelec and bricked it then back to factory and its seems fine but cant trust it.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭tharmor

foggy_lad wrote: »
    none of those sellers for that item deliver to Ireland so add parcel motel cost.

Really ? Here you go another one !

http://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B015CIY3DY/ref=wl_it_dp_o_pC_nS_ttl?_encoding=UTF8&colid=3RSQK9HGNTFB1&coliid=I3VIOSN89EQ7WS&psc=1

why not?

Downloads are disabled, and am not sure if there is one for that box.

• Registered Users Posts: 605 ✭✭✭meath4sam

Is the mxq box any good?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,136 ✭✭✭sonofenoch

Can you use Remote GO on one of these boxes? streaming a PC through DLNA

meath4sam wrote: »
    Is the mxq box any good?
    Low tier but grand for basic stuff, considering the price you can get them for.

• Registered Users Posts: 511 ✭✭✭RickyBobby1

Going to get the mx3 or the m8s+...I don't have a clue about them. I just started looking online last night and my brother recommended the m8 because that's what he has. What do you think?

• Registered Users Posts: 676 ✭✭✭Tweaky

Going to get the mx3 or the m8s+...I don't have a clue about them. I just started looking online last night and my brother recommended the m8 because that's what he has. What do you think?

I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and decided to go with the Mx3 and i can't fault it - it does everything I need and picture quality is excellent. The remote isn't great - i am using a bluetooth mouse with it - works perfectly on the arm of the couch :D

Make sure you go with the 2GB/8GB version.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

Tweaky wrote: »
    I was in the same boat a few weeks ago and decided to go with the Mx3 and i can't fault it - it does everything I need and picture quality is excellent. The remote isn't great - i am using a bluetooth mouse with it - works perfectly on the arm of the couch :D

Make sure you go with the 2GB/8GB version.

+1 on the MXIII, got the Tronsmart S802 last year, find it way better than an M8S I got before.
    I got a M8S+ few days ago from Wish for €42 2GB/8GB, no chance to try it out yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Invincible wrote: »
    +1 on the MXIII, got the Tronsmart S802 last year, find it way better than an M8S I got before.
    I got a M8S+ few days ago from Wish for €42 2GB/8GB, no chance to try it out yet.

is there different makes of mxiii? ive seen tronsmart and also MXIII-G S812, looking to upgrade my mxii but not sure which mxiii to go for?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,373 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

Saw this on an email today.

MXQ 4K RK3229 Smart TV Box Android 4.4 1G/8G H.264/H.265 10Bit WIFI LAN KODI 16.0 HDMI DLNA AirPlay Miracast Price:USD 29.99

Would it be any use? all I want on it is kodi so could you put on openelec

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-4K-RK3229-Smart-TV-Box-Android-4-4-1G-8G-H-264-H-265-10Bit-WIFI-LAN-KODI-16-0-HDMI-DLNA-AirPlay-Miracast-362455.html??&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=EDM&utm_content=&utm_campaign=DMWEB_2016-02-02

and is there any other discounts that could be applied?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭crabbypaddy

rubadub wrote: »
    Saw this on an email today.

MXQ 4K RK3229 Smart TV Box Android 4.4 1G/8G H.264/H.265 10Bit WIFI LAN KODI 16.0 HDMI DLNA AirPlay Miracast Price:USD 29.99

Would it be any use? all I want on it is kodi so could you put on openelec

http://www.geekbuying.com/item/MXQ-4K-RK3229-Smart-TV-Box-Android-4-4-1G-8G-H-264-H-265-10Bit-WIFI-LAN-KODI-16-0-HDMI-DLNA-AirPlay-Miracast-362455.html??&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=EDM&utm_content=&utm_campaign=DMWEB_2016-02-02

and is there any other discounts that could be applied?

Thats rockchip not amlogic so I doubt openelec will go on there, has nothing in common with mxq except the three letters in the title

• Registered Users Posts: 6,114 ✭✭✭Invincible

is there different makes of mxiii? ive seen tronsmart and also MXIII-G S812, looking to upgrade my mxii but not sure which mxiii to go for?

There are different manufacturers of the box, as far as I know, I went for a Tronsmart because they're a reputable brand, not sure what the other variants are like, cost about €55 with discount code at that time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 434 ✭✭baingal nancer

Invincible wrote: »
    There are different manufacturers of the box, as far as I know, I went for a Tronsmart because they're a reputable brand, not sure what the other variants are like, cost about €55 with discount code at that time.

yeah that seems to be the case, beelink is the name on the other one i looked at

Advertisement